Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem I have with the DP is not the act of it but how long it takes to get carried out. One gets sentenced to death and yet through various loopholes in the justice system is able to stay on death row for years, in some cases over 20+. Meanwhile time and expense is paid to hear appeal after appeal after appeal.

Just remember that 20 years is a MISERABLE existence...helps me feel better!
:please:

I have just watched the hater interview, finally a reporter actually asks her some tough questions,

Yes, I completely agree. And, by the way, by the time of her appeals, she will have spent a lot of time on death row, and her appearance will have gone down quite a bit, as someone else on here mentioned. She will start to LOOK like the killer that she is. IF it gets to a point where, God forbid, there is a whole new trial....well she will have aged quite a bit and generally not be in good appearance...kind of like when we saw her the day after Murder 1 verdict. The jury will take one look at those pictures of Travis, and come back with the SAME verdicts this jury came back with.

aa9511 - I'm not sure, but I THINK that in the majority of 2nd trials, the outcome is usually worse for the defendant than the 1st trial, i.e., even if 1st trial was hung, they convict in 2nd trial. Someone please advise if I'm wrong -- I won't mind a bit :)

Gonna jump in here because I'll never catch up! Refused to watch the interviews, HLN off all night. Broke down and watch Troy's after what everyone was saying. She was shocked when he just up and ended the interview. I'm sure she was looking forward to their relationship continuing in her little mind!
Duh!
Document your abuse? Are you kidding me? She documented everything including her bhole FGS. Does she really think ANYONE believes she was abused.
Someone really called her a sex kitten? Can't we leave kittens outta this? She's a *advertiser censored* and a murderer. End of story.
I have never listened to the sex tape. I couldn't believe it was allowed in. TA is not here to explain or defend himself. Who knows he wasn't driving in the car just trying to make stuff up, or he had her on speaker phone with a couple of friends just egging her on.
In her disturbed mind, TA's family was her family. She so wanted to be the grieving widow ya know. I'm certain she told everyone back in Yreaka she was getting married. When that didn't pan out she had to keep the storyline going. Her even mentioning his grandma was disgusting.
I'm fine actually with whatever this jury decides. I've heard the family wants the DP. So I stand with the Alexanders.
I have tried to give her attorneys the benefit of the doubt. That they were just trying to avoid ineffective counsel. I just can't anymore. JW's closing was beyond the pale. A defense attorney should make sure a defendant is granted all their rights and is given a fair trial. But to make up a story (and you know they did - with the aid of their "experts") out of thin air and then hammer it as the truth is not a right and is not fair.
Her entire 19 minutes was total lies, just like her 18 days were and I have to hope the jury know this.

I even think that Christmas picture was staged just for yesterday.

Good Morning! Hoping for a quick and just verdict today. I'm afraid that if we don't get the DP, then the Alexander family will be tortured by her arrogant antics for years. She just doesn't get it!

Thanks Scarlett, I am letting her get to me. But it is not only her, it is also the fact that she is being allowed to still spew $$$$. She is a convicted murderess, how does she still have any rights to give interviews when she is in her penalty phase? Why should people have to listen to her continue to lie??

No one has to listen to her. She is insignificant. But it is interesting to watch a true case study of evil and contempt.

If you can't take a step back and not be drawn in by her words then you should not watch. You are most likely too tender for it now. And that is okay. It had been a brutal 5 months after a brutal crime and a horrendous campaign if lying.

I can clearly see this for what it is. I am not driven by hate for her. I feel nothing for her. She is a snarky spoiled child.

Nothing more

I have just watched the hater interview, finally a reporter actually asks her some tough questions,

I liked "you just said, no one believes a word out of your mouth, so why do you keep talking?"

She says she decided to give her death comment another look when her cousin said to her as she was leaving "don't do anything, don't do that to your mom." Then CMJA says she realized oh, I can't do that b/c it would hurt my mom...that's jus tlike suicide...blah, blah.

Translation: When her cousin said that, DING DING DING, bells went off in her head....oh THAT"S how I can get out of this latest mess...I'll put it on my mom....oh yeah, perfect, I'll say I said that but please don't relaly do it because of my mom.

She took the words out of her cousin's mouth, what does that tell us?? She was not really thinking that at all.

This is all assuming that her cousin actually visited her and said anything along those lines.

Its all BS.

Here's my take: psycho said give me death, trying to convince jury that is what she wanted hoping that they would give her LWOP to not give in to her wishes. Realized that it was a stupid angle to take and backtracked.

Pretty simple, IMO

Easy. End her life as in Death Penalty.

I believe your wish will be granted. This trial has not gone well for JA and she knows it. This Jury will have no problem reaching a verdict from what the signs tell.
Just don't try and predict her mental thoughts or how she will react to adversity. There should be no suprises in this area.

No one has to listen to her. She is insignificant. But it is interesting to watch a true case study of evil and contempt.

If you can't take a step back and not be drawn in by her words then you should not watch. You are most likely too tender for it now. And that is okay. It had been a brutal 5 months after a brutal crime and a horrendous campaign if lying.

I can clearly see this for what it is. I am not driven by hate for her. I feel nothing for her. She is a snarky spoiled child.

Nothing more

That is exactly how I feel. ty

I may be one of the few posters who does not support the DP for anybody, so I am hoping the jury decide that her life is worth saving,

Just saw a small clip of GMA interview:

HURRAH! This interviewer asks the questions we all want to hear her answers to-

You said you want to give the Alexander's closure and you know they want the death penalty. If you truly want to give them closure why don't you just accept a death sentence?

So you are never going to tell the truth about what happened that day in the bathroom?

You said it yourself, "everything that comes out of your mouth is a lie."

If you were on your jury and heard what they have heard would you kill you?

As infuriating as it is she "held court" last night this is the first interview that made me say YES instead of oh, JA just STFU! Can't wait to see more of this interview (only found this small clip so far)
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-interview-2013-arias-calls-reporter-hater-19231549

I thought the judge said no more interviews?? Why is she still talking??

The 'survivor' tshirt is so offensive. The woman who slaughtered a man which is the worst of domestic violence is shilling these shirts. The irony is not lost on me. Poor Travis never got a chance to wear one.

I even think that Christmas picture was staged just for yesterday.

Geesh, you're right. Didn't that look like a SNL skit or something?

Let's write a poem for the Poet JA (where did that come from??)

Sitting on death row..
Watching my hair grow...

do you have a link? TIA

Jodi Arias Feels 'Betrayed' By Jury
The convicted killer sat down with ABC News' Ryan Owens after pleading for her life.
04:49 | 05/22/2013
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/jodi-arias-interview-2013-arias-calls-reporter-hater-19231549

ETA: Photo of the jail stripes, since she didn't want it shown and all.

a1s84x.png

I understand what you are saying, but do not agree.

IMO, a passion killing is done with no premeditation or planning. It happens in a spur of the moment.

Jodi planned to slip in/out of Travis' house with no detection whatsoever. It is a lie she was not aware of what she had done until seeing the dried blood on her hands and clothes in the car. There is no doubt it is a lie because there is no blood anywhere in the house except the confined scene of her crime and the washing machine.

Travis never went to Jodi. She always went to him. Stalked him. Even when he blatantly, without any room for misunderstanding his intent, told her it was over and to leave him alone.

I can understand perhaps Jodi acted out of passion. Fine line there, maybe, but she went there with weapons, minutia planning and the intent.

I mentioned this before. I have a dear friend who spent allot of time around my family who bought a gun to kill. He knew his wife was cheating on him while he was busting his can to make money. Went home early and caught them. Shot and killed his wife. Crime of Passion...out in 5-6 years.
I spoke to the judge in respect to his character at a hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic