Penalty Phase - Verdict Watch

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something triggered the murder, yes:

CKJA's jealousy, anger, and sense of entitlement. And, CKJA appeared to be trying to blackmail Travis with the "sex" tape. He stood up to her and said no go, something this killer doesn't take lightly, as we have sadly seen.

She went there with plan 1 and plan 2, imo. Gun and knife were plan 2. Which makes it much more than just a crime of passion, imo.

Plain and simple in her mind he betrayed her. Whether it was the uninvite to Cancun or the texts threatening to expose her...She has a serious problem with her perception of betrayal. I truly think she would do this again, otherwise why need a gun and knives in another rental car when you were arrested? Was Mimi next?
I don't think Darryl had anything to worry about, he was being used, he was a stepping stone to something better. Travis was the gold mine of men for her and she staked her claim on him. I think she never claimed Darryl as he was just another place she could stay temporarily..players don't stay in one place long unless they feel they have hit the jack pot. He was unfortunately just used like most of the men in her life. JMO

Just a few thoughts. My apologies if I'm repeating other posts I haven't yet read:

1. Except for her hair-cutting, Jodi did almost nothing for public good during her four years of incarceration. She used the excuse of preparing her defense, but that surely didn't occupy all her time. She did find time to compete in a singing contest, establish friendships, and sell her artwork.

2. Her assertion that she would start a recycling program at the state prison seems naive. After all, she will not be running the prison. And Arizona (including obviously prisons) already has state recycling laws, to which one imagines the prison adheres.

3. Her interview statement that without Travis, she might have been married, with children, and a successful photography business seems like a weird reiteration of her plans for her and Travis--plans that ultimately cost him her life.

4. Her presentation reminded me of a PowerPoint demonstration one of my nieces rehearsed with me. My niece was good, but Jodi was better. Whether you like her, dislike her, or hate her, you have to admit that Jodi is focused on self-presentation.

Agree with everything except the BBM part. I'm sure your niece was better. I do presentations for a living (lectures). The number one rule is that you've go to sell what you're saying to make the presentation come to life. Jodi's narcissism leads her to the conclusion that everything she says is some golden object for others to immediately accept and worship -- thus she blindly ignores the selling element. Hence, flat affect, flat presentation, lifeless message.

My analogy of yesterday in court:

JA hits a weak dribbler to the pitcher, they throw her out at 1st base, but she keeps running around the field, cause what's a girl to do?

JW hits a long fly to center, but JM catches it and goes to bat.

JM hits a single, a double, a triple and then a home run for the cycle. JW tries to protest the game but is shrugged off by the umpire, JSS.

JW rubs JA for good luck, then promptly strikes out.

Game over.

:seeya: Good Morning !

I just watched some of the interviews and I had to stop watching because I could NOT take any more of the LIES and HATRED for Travis and his Family !

She is pure evil ... :dervish:

:please::please::please::please::please: that the jury comes back with a DP Verdict TODAY !

:please::please::please::please::please: for Justice for Travis !

Good Morning DGC! I'm so glad you're around today. This waiting part is so hard! :seeya:

Per HLN: the defendant said "I", 83 times during her 0:19:02 allocution statement to the jury yesterday.

Wait, wha? :rolleyes:

That's not 'snapping', that is premeditated murder over hurt feelings and wanting REVENGE.

Emotional immaturity and rage.

One word: DIVORCE

RUN FOREST RUN

Call it what you want. Joe is a free man living a good life.
By the way all three of his kids spoke for his character at trial.

Well, if I were a patient in need of an organ and knew it was coming from her, I would roll the dice and hope for another donor knowing full well that my decision could result in death. My body would most likely reject her organs anyway.

Geeze. I'd have a serious identity crisis just knowing my dna was compatible with hers! Holy moly. :scared:

she cries for herself..Travis did that too..where is her mercy for him and his life?

So Convicted Felon/Premeditated Murderer Jodi Ann gave more interviews? I refuse to watch. As the OP said up-thread I'll wait til she's tucked in on death row.

Dont throw things at me...
If this jury gives her life, I almost hope her conviction gets overturned on appeal. Then a new jury can see all these self-serving interviews and give her the DP she deserves.

Shneidermann for me too...she's wacked...:floorlaugh:
Plus it's not until July...so a little break...
....but I don't think our RV park has wifi which could be a problem.....:waitasec:

You can get portable wifi hotspots -- could use it just for the summer.... ;)

Does anyone else notice that horrendous "gulp" sound the convict does when she swallows before she talks? It doesn't sound human and it freaks me the crap out! The first time I listened to an interview with earbuds it nearly made me jump out of my skin. No more ear buds for her interviews. Ever. Never Ever Ever. Blech....

I can picture Janine Driver saying something like, "When someone replying to a question says 'Well' followed by a big gulp, I call that 'Chill Not Kill'. That means they're taking a second to compose themselves before they jump out of the chair and kill the questioner."

I'm wondering about the big switch to LWOP. Thinking the strategy is to hopefully get that then appeal to try to overturn it and get it commuted to manslaughter, something like that as I don't know really how it works. If CKJA gets the DT, then they'd have to work to get it appealed and commuted to LWOP. Just thinking, asking. Does anyone know if that's how it might work?

The whole charade of CKJA wanting LWOP, claiming all of these great things she can accomplish just doesn't sound feasible or real. LWOP in prison just doesn't work that way, not from what little I've heard. I think it was just another one of her and the DT's schemes, an attempt to get the lighter sentence, that can lead to an even lighter sentence with an earlier release.

Patti sold pictures to the tabloids etc was what I heard.

Yes. Dave Hall said Patti is on some sort of California state assistance (welfare) and she didn't report the $$$$ she got for licensing childhood photos of her and Jodi to tabloids. If true, Patti's got her own set of troubles.

When will people learn that their 15 minutes of fame can bring a lifetime of trouble? :banghead:

Just a few thoughts. My apologies if I'm repeating other posts I haven't yet read:

1. Except for her hair-cutting, Jodi did almost nothing for public good during her four years of incarceration. She used the excuse of preparing her defense, but that surely didn't occupy all her time. She did find time to compete in a singing contest, establish friendships, and sell her artwork.

2. Her assertion that she would start a recycling program at the state prison seems naive. After all, she will not be running the prison. And Arizona (including obviously prisons) already has state recycling laws, to which one imagines the prison adheres.

3. Her interview statement that without Travis, she might have been married, with children, and a successful photography business seems like a weird reiteration of her plans for her and Travis--plans that ultimately cost him her life.

4. Her presentation reminded me of a PowerPoint demonstration one of my nieces rehearsed with me. My niece was good, but Jodi was better. Whether you like her, dislike her, or hate her, you have to admit that Jodi is focused on self-presentation.

I question the number of times she donated her hair. Seems like she is, once again, lying by embellishment.

Also, during the interviews, she says that she didn't look over to her parents alot (said that it was more than the interviewer probably noticed) but she tried to remain focused on the important parts of the trial.

You know, the way she colored and played tracing while the judge was reading jury instructions or when testimony was being given.

Can't wait for this lunatic to be put to death.

Something bad would have happened down the line. I believe she definitely believes she was abused by Travis.

I think she has full on committed to this point of view as well. It is hard for me to separate this from the possibility that there is a sly wink going on here though. So that she can continue to malign someone who dared to kick her to the curb.

2 things....

The media disgusts me when they trip all over themselves to spend time with a convicted killer.

The next time I hear or read that Sheriff Joe is a tough sheriff....I will :floorlaugh:

Please, no more lectures about how the media is just doing their job. And, that JSS is a fabulous judge. Agree to disagree, ok?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nilasha34