Penn State athletic director plus ex-Paterno assistant charged in child rape case #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The notion that salary size indicates power. It was pointed out that Paterno made more than Spanier, which meant the power sat with him. But... that isn't a rarity, it happens at most Div. 1 colleges.

I agree. But I do believe it signifies power. Not power in 'rank' of your position at the university, but power in the amount of money you're bringing in b/c of your football program.

As I mentioned earlier, I went to the Univ of Ga. I'm sure Vince Dooley made more than almost everyone else at UGA (MOO). He was and remains a powerful force...

Wanna bet the police would have been called IF it had been the janitor raping a child in the locker room showers..Wanna bet the janitor would have been hauled in to jail and fired on the spot...JMHO

Remember, for just a moment that, in telling Schultz, the campus police are involved... In State College, campus police have the same authority as municipal police...

Can anyone tell me why McQueary got whistleblower protection?

ETA: Not that I don't understand it but why he deserves it...

Remember, for just a moment that, in telling Schultz, the campus police are involved... In State College, campus police have the same authority as municipal police...

So are you saying nothing would have been done even IF it were a menial worker on campus other than the person being immediately terminated?

And just to bring the focus back to where it belongs...

I am disgusted that an institution has more protection than a child, that any child would be treated that way and that it was overlooked by so many. I can not believe that Sandusky is facing 40 counts yet is free on $100k bail, is a known predator and is a close distance to an elementary school. The protection of our children is of the utmost importance.

David Lohr, the author of this Huffington Post Sports news article, will be discussing the
Ray Gricar case on "Justice with Judge Jeanine" on Fox News Saturday at 9 p.m. EST.

Ray Gricar, Missing Pennsylvania DA, Opted Not To Prosecute Jerry Sandusky.

In regard to why his uncle did not proceed with a case against the former Penn State coach,
Tony Gricar said there likely was not enough evidence.

"I have no idea other than he did not feel he had enough for a case," he said. "If he doesn't
have the evidence to do it then everybody loses and you bring in double jeopardy at that point."

Gricar added, "People around the situation in 1998 recognize it was a bad situation, but there is a
difference between recognizing it and being able to do anything about it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/...ng-grid10|htmlws-main-bb|dl7|sec1_lnk1|112080

BBM

I'm watching the above mentioned show right now on Fox... Justice With Judge Jeanine. But I came in 15 min after it began.

She's covering Baby Lisa. Did anyone see if the Gricar Case (and his connection to Sandusky) was covered at the beginning?

Now she's talking about the Debate in South Carolina

So are you saying nothing would have been done even IF it were a menial worker on campus other than the person being immediately terminated?

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the police were contacted about this pervert.

And just to bring the focus back to where it belongs...

I am disgusted that an institution has more protection than a child, that any child would be treated that way and that it was overlooked by so many. I can not believe that Sandusky is facing 40 counts yet is free on $100k bail, is a known predator and is a close distance to an elementary school. The protection of our children is of the utmost importance.

And not to forget that not only is $100,000 a low bail considering these charges, but that

Sandusky, 67, was released on $100,000 unsecured bail on Nov. 5

http://buswk.co/sXt2xt

....and so Sandusky is free without having paid a penny.

My understanding is they didn't do anything..Am I wrong??

You are correct. Your post said something to the effect of wanna bet police would be contacted if it was a janitor?

I was just pointing out that they were contacted. The police dept's action or inaction was not a factor in my comments.

Were these people "responsible" - the people who passed by the little Chinese toddler who got ran over twice? No. Not legally. Yet everyone was infuriated, right?

So what's the difference b/t that and McQueary? Or Paterno? Or any of the others who saw or were told of this rape and the other abuse? How can some people actually stand up for them and say they did all they were required to do?

That's what those people did who kept walking past and around the little girl in the street in China. They were not legally responsible either - were they?

No, that's not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is the police were contacted about this pervert.
Just because Schultz oversaw the police dept as part of his job did not mean he was a policeman. He was not and the grand jury makes that very clear on page 10 when they tell how the police dept was not contacted.

None of the worthless cowards ever tried to find out who the little boy was and make sure he was alright.

Jerry Sandusky's autobiography 'Touched' contains passages that now make the reader cringe (pennlive.com)
---
"I had always professed that someday I would reap the benefits of maturity, but my lifestyle just wouldn't let me." That's how Sandusky launches into the life story he published a year after he retired from Penn State in 1999 to work full time for his charity. "Through The Second Mile, Sandusky had access to hundreds of boys, many of whom were vulnerable due to their social situation," according to the grand jury presentment.
---
and more, equally cringe-worthy, at link above

And, not to forget.....

Jerry Sandusky's autobiography, 'Touched,' is still available at The Penn State Bookstore (pennlive.com)

Were these people "responsible" - the people who passed by the little Chinese toddler who got ran over twice? No. Not legally. Yet everyone was infuriated, right?

So what's the difference b/t that and McQueary? Or Paterno? Or any of the others who saw or were told of this rape and the other abuse? How can some people actually stand up for them and say they did all they were required to do?

That's what those people did who kept walking past and around the little girl in the street in China. They were not legally responsible either - were they?

I agree everyone was infuriated. And the same holds true for for McQueary. Were you infuriated with the people who did not pass by but heard about it after the fact?

Honestly, and I can only answer for how I can stand up for any of them. I stand up for one and only one, that was not a victim...

Based on the evidence available right now, there is nothing more Paterno could have done. Hearsay is inadmissible. The police will say thanks for the info and they'll either follow up or they won't. Perhaps anonymous tips were made to C&Y and we don't know. This is bigger than a university cover-up. As more info becomes available, I am entitled to change my opinion on Paterno. If the time comes that he must sit before a jury of his peers, may those peers not make the same mistakes Casey Anthony's peers made.

If kindly Ole JoePa was actually only a puppet being forced and coerced into silence and lack of action by school administrators, wonder what took him so long to remove his name as a director of Sandusky's little playpen?

Former Penn State coach Joe Paterno, who was fired Wednesday night for not reporting what he knew about an incident involving Sandusky and a young boy to authorities, has also been removed from the list of honorary directors.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...1110_1_second-mile-jerry-sandusky-steve-salem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Devon_SP