Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A social worker who met with one of Jerry Sandusky's accusers says she had enough information after her second meeting with the teen to determine the former Penn State assistant football coach had abused the boy.

The Children & Youth Services caseworker testified that Accuser 1 was initially uncomfortable talking to her. But she says he soon began to give her detailed accounts of sexual encounters involving Sandusky.

Dershem says she also met with Sandusky. She says he denied having sexual contact with the boy but did acknowledge lying on top of him and blowing "raspberries" on the boy's stomach.

Earlier Tuesday, the now 18-year-old testified about physical encounters that escalated to kissing, fondling and oral sex during sleepovers at Sandusky's home.
by WGAL 12:53 PM

He said whether his client said the happened 12 times or 20...it shouldn't have happened once. #sandusky
by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 12:16 PM

When asked about possible discrepancies in One's testimony, his attorney said he's not surprised. Happens a lot with child sex abuse cases
by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 12:15 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xbL3bMKo
Did this CPS worker call the local police? Did she contact the PA State Police?

Bill Wadell‏@BillWadell

Mike McQueary just took the stand at #Sandusky trial, is about to testify about seeing alleged victim #2 in the Lasch Building shower

~~~~~~

NBC News‏@NBCNews

RT @MAlexJohnson: Mike McQueary has been called to the stand in the #Sandusky trial.

Bill Wadell‏@BillWadell

Mike McQueary just took the stand at #Sandusky trial, is about to testify about seeing alleged victim #2 in the Lasch Building shower

~~~~~~

NBC News‏@NBCNews

RT @MAlexJohnson: Mike McQueary has been called to the stand in the #Sandusky trial.

~~~~~~

ESPN‏@ESPNHeadlines

Sandusky accuser: Counselor didn't believe me http://es.pn/LGO9Si

Did this CPS worker call the local police? Did she contact the PA State Police?

I'm not sure but it sounds like this is a later worker who did interviews after the child and mother contacted CPS and police themselves....maybe we'll find out more later...

Jerry was a very charming, flattering sociopathic liar. He had the guidance counselor and principal convinced he was an awesome guy. He flattered and charmed these idiots with his bs. The officials at Penn State knew his long history. They acted in evil self-preservation, IMO.

I dont think he charmed any of them. They all knew he was a filthy low life pedophile predator but they just didnt care as long as it didnt upset their lives or the money coming into the charity or the school.

It was all about them and nothing about these defenseless boys they completely abandoned when they needed their help the most.

imo

McQueary confirms that he stepped closer to the shower and #Sandusky and the boy turned and faced him.

by matthewkemeny via twitter2:09 PM

McQueary testimony, continued: "I was extremely alarmed, flustered and shocked." #Sandusky

by matthewkemeny via twitter2:08 PM

McQueary testifies about 2001 shower incident: "#Sandusky was standing right up against the boy...in the closest proximity you can be."

by matthewkemeny via twitter2:07 PM

McQueary wore a dark blue suit & was well composed. He did make eye contact with #Sandusky when he was asked if he knew the defendant

by audsnyder4 via twitter2:07 PM

Just stepped out to file. Mike McQueary testified and so far was consistent with what he previously said #PSU #Sandusky

by audsnyder4 via twitter2:05 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xbV2b9gs

(All the tweets I'm posting are from journalists only)

Matt Carroll‏@Carrollreporter

McQueary testified he was shocked "You don't expect to see anything like that ever." #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Vinnie Politan‏@VinniePolitan

McQueary: i see Coach #Sandusky right up against a boy who was propped up against a wall, boy hands up against wall

~~~~~~

Audrey Snyder‏@audsnyder4

Just stepped out to file. Mike McQueary testified and so far was consistent with what he previously said #PSU #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Mark Dent‏@mdent05

McQueary clearly wanted to share Paternos reaction, asking if he could after the sustained objection. Judge said no

~~~~~~

Audrey Snyder‏@audsnyder4

McQueary wore a dark blue suit & was well composed. He did make eye contact with #Sandusky when he was asked if he knew the defendant

~~~~~~

CNNNortheastDesk‏@CNNNEDesk

McQueary "no doubt at all" it was #Sandusky standing by 'little boy' in PSU lockerroom. "Slapping sound, skin on skin"

~~~~~~

Matthew Kemeny‏@matthewkemeny

McQueary testifies about 2001 shower incident: "#Sandusky was standing right up against the boy...in the closest proximity you can be."

~~~~~~

McQueary testimony, continued: "I was extremely alarmed, flustered and shocked." #Sandusky

~~~~~~

McQueary confirms that he stepped closer to the shower and #Sandusky and the boy turned and faced him.

~~~~~~

Oh, I hate not being able to witness this particular testimony! McQueary's actual witnessing of an assault (anal rape :mad: ) and carefully channeling that account through his own dad?! Oh yes, this man has some apologies to make to this boy who never even got identified, to his community for aiding a felon, and to his own children for being a weak role model. Of course, imo, he should drop to those knees of his and make a VERY formal apology to his Father of All, if he's a believer. :moo:

How many grown men are going to cry on that stand? I want to see tears from these witnesses, not just the victims. I'm greedy like that.

McQueary says he went straight to phone his father then. "Did you think anal sex was going on? Yes, McQueary testified

~~~~~~

Vinnie Politan‏@VinniePolitan

McQueary at #Sandusky trial: Can you characterize sound? Slapping sound, skin on skin...

~~~~~~

McQueary testified "I made loud noise (banging on locker) to break it up. That is all my brain could handle at that time" #Sandusky

~~~~~~

The Patriot-News‏@PatriotNews

McQueary's testimony today in #Sandusky is consistent with what he said during a hearing last year http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/12/mcqueary_says_he_sat_at_patern.html

Oh, I hate not being able to witness this particular testimony! McQueary's actual witnessing of an assault (anal rape :mad: ) and carefully channeling that account through his own dad?! Oh yes, this man has some apologies to make to this boy who never even got identified, to his community for aiding a felon, and to his own children for being a weak role model. Of course, imo, he should drop to those knees of his and make a VERY formal apology to his Father of All, if he's a believer. :moo:

How many grown men are going to cry on that stand? I want to see tears from these witnesses, not just the victims. I'm greedy like that.

I second that-and I want to know Paterno's reaction!!!

Andrew Stockey‏@astockey

#Sandusky McQueary says he did not go into extensive detail, but told Paterno it was "sexual" and it was "wrong".

~~~~~~

Andrew Stockey‏@astockey

#Sandusky McQueary says he made eye contact with boy, Sandusky in shower ... then left to call dad for help.

~~~~~~

Elisa Roupenian‏@Elisa_CNN

McQueary says he and his dad saw a 60 Minutes story on a Boy Scout leader & said to each other "this is the same exact thing"(as Sandusky)

~~~~~~

SPORTSbyBROOKS‏@SPORTSbyBROOKS

Paterno confirmed exactly that ("sexual") to Grand Jury RT @astockey: McQueary testifies he told Paterno it was "sexual" [in 2001] ..

~~~~~~

I second that-and I want to know Paterno's reaction!!!

I find it more than intriguing that a judge sealed Paterno's will-- makes me wonder if there were some financial gifts bequeathed that may be interpreted as incentives for silence. Imo, it's not too far fetched to think they were sealed more as evidence in another criminal/civil proceedings (maybe federal), rather than to protect the privacy of the Paterno estate. I think we'll know the content one day soon... JMO

Sorry, I'm not a football fan, so all these men are just very flawed human beings to me.

:jail::jail::jail::jail::jail:

I find it more than intriguing that a judge sealed Paterno's will-- makes me wonder if there were some financial gifts bequeathed that may be interpreted as incentives for silence. Imo, it's not too far fetched to think they were sealed more as evidence in another criminal/civil proceedings (maybe federal), rather than to protect the privacy of the Paterno estate. I think we'll know the content one day soon... JMO

Sorry, I'm not a football fan, so all these men are just very flawed human beings to me.

and just a refresher that we posters have used in regard to a cover-up at Penn State has been "follow the money"!

Alleged #Sandusky Victim 1 testified for more than 2 hours. His grandfather followed, testified to family argument with Jerry Sandusky @wnep

Also
Caseworker from Clinton Co Children & Youth testifies to alleged Victim 1's allegations against #Sandusky in Nov 2008.@wnep

I guess they testified quickly between Vic#1 and McQuery

I can not wrap my brain around all these crimes committed for so many yrs-so many people knew & not A ONE-did anything about it!! What is wrong with all these people?
These are children FGS-it just blows my mind!!!

This is the Penn State "Code of Ethics". Don't ever interfere with football! Don't do anything that could harm Paterno's rep!

I'm not sure how the Jury will take McQueary. On one hand, they will understand his shocked reaction since they had the same reaction yesterday and today while hearing testimony. On the other hand, McQueary sounds like a little boy himself - he called his Daddy first, then didn't call police.

"Embarrassment" sounds like a lame defense to me, and I wonder if it will to the Jury.

On the other hand . . . his testimony is consistant, and from the "secret file" we know that the rest of the guys probably lied in the Grand Jury. So McQueary may be the best witness from Penn State that we get- although there is the Janitor, too.

~~~~~~

Andrew Stockey‏@astockey

McQueary had two mtgs with Curley and/or Schultz ... nothing after that. Did not contact police. Consider Schultz a "D.A." #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Alex Johnson‏@MAlexJohnson

Hearing McQueary testimony is dramatic. Will update #Sandusky story at http://on.msnbc.com/MA7dg6 as soon as colleagues in court can file.

~~~~~~

I agree! They are hiding something indeed! I hope his estate will be liable for damages to these poor boys!!!

A very interesting write up by LaVar Arrington the football player whose jersey Vic#4 wore.
It shows how far reaching this affects others.

it’s mind-blowing to realize that a kid I took an active interest in during my time at school was suffering right in front of me and I had no idea that the pain allegedly came from someone in my own football program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston