Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
so-with the will being sealed-I have to ask--is there a chance Paterno's wife & lawyer knew?

A very interesting write up by LaVar Arrington the football player whose jersey Vic#4 wore.
It shows how far reaching this affects others.

:tsktsk:

This is exactly why I feel those jurors who are "close" in affiliation with Penn State may in fact make the most harsh judgements. I don't think we can begin to imagine how many people who worked with these kids feel victimized themselves. The truth is, imo, they have been! They were tricked, lied to, conned, and unknowingly became complicit in these crimes! Shoot, practically the whole town...

I think Amendola and Jer are going to be surprised at the level of vitriol poised to saturate their lives. I wouldn't be surprised if the Sanduskys and the Paternos get the heck out of dodge after this. JMO

Pensfan - this might be your answer about the counselor:

So far today, Accuser 1, the person who first accused Jerry Sandusky of sexual abuse thus launching the state's investigation, testified. His testimony was emotional and graphic. A recounting of what he said is posted below. Also testifying was the counselor at Children and Youth Services who contacted police after getting reports from Accuser 1 that Sandusky had initiated inappropriate contact with the boy.

by WGAL 2:11 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xbf6UOmy

WRSC‏@WRSC103

#Sandusky Paterno's response, to McQueary telling him what he saw, was objected to as hearsay. Same for Tim Curley's response 1-2 weeks l8r

~~~~~~

93.7 The Bus‏@937thebus

#Sandusky Prosecution is going over photos recreating the angles that McQueary would have seen into the mirror and showers

~~~~~~

93.7 The Bus‏@937thebus

#Sandusky Very long sidebar taking place, but no recess. McQueary left alone on the stand for the 10 min. A familiar feeling, unfortunately

~~~~~~

Mindy Szkaradnik‏@mszkarad

Court is now in recess. Mike McQueary gave his testimony and is currently being cross examined.

~~~~~~

Kevin Cirilli‏@kevcirilli

McQueary met with Gary Schultz, former #psu vp charged w/ perjury and also former head of #pennstate police: ...

~~~~~~

Kevin Cirilli‏@kevcirilli

"In my mind, Mr. Schultz represented the police w/o a doubt," mcqueary testified. #sandusky.

~~~~~~

Jeff Gammage‏@JeffGammage

Sandusky friends and supporters, talking in courtroom about devastating McQueary testimony: "He's such a liar." #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Jim Hamill‏@JimHamill

Break in McQueary's testimony #Sandusky til 3:15pm.

~~~~~~

Emily Reddy‏@EmilyReddy

McGettigan characterizes Mike McQueary’s job as, “Do as you’re asked. Do as you’re told.” He agrees. #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Dan Wetzel‏@DanWetzel

Mike McQueary testifies he saw #Sandusky in lockerroom shower w boy in 2001. Told JoePa it was sexual in nature without being too detailed

~~~~~~

Emily Reddy‏@EmilyReddy

Mike McQueary told dad, “Dad you don’t have to be a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on.” #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Nate Mink‏@MinkNate

McQueary says he made it clear to his father, Paterno, Curley, Schultz that #Sandusky shower incident was sexual. Didn't go into details

~~~~~~

Emily Reddy‏@EmilyReddy

When McQueary called Paterno early Saturday, he told McQ: “No, I’m not giving you a job.” (There were coaching openings.) #Sandusky

:what:

~~~~~~

Laura Nichols‏@LC_Nichols

"You don't expect to see anything like that, ever," McQueary said. "This is the #PennState football building." #Sandusky with 12-13 y-o boy.

~~~~~~

Laura Nichols‏@LC_Nichols

"In my mind, Mr. Schultz represented the police, without a doubt," McQueary said. Talked to #PennState admins re: seeing #Sandusky in shower

~~~~~~

Dan Wetzel‏@DanWetzel

McQueary adamant that he considered PSU VP Schultz as "the police" and a "district attorney type."

~~~~~~

Emily Reddy‏@EmilyReddy

Mike McQueary says he followed up w/Curley after 1-2 wks. Curley told him they’d looked into it & told Second Mile abt the convo. #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Emily Reddy‏@EmilyReddy

Prosecution put up pictures showing the view #McQueary had from his locker and the view from the shower back. #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Mark Dent‏@mdent05

My colleague Paula Reed Ward says that during cross exam McQueary said he didn't go to police bc Schultz was vp that oversaw police dept

~~~~~~

Nate Mink‏@MinkNate

McQueary said no doubt he could've confused year of Lasch shower incident. Said he told grand jury he was 90 percent sure it was 2002.

A very interesting write up by LaVar Arrington the football player whose jersey Vic#4 wore.
It shows how far reaching this affects others.

Well...BLESS Penn State for one thing....this young man actually knows how to write an article....unlike about 90% of the "journalists" whose work is often posted here on WS threads from news sources around the country.

jmo

The prosecution reviewed the Sandusky statement, highlighting the odd behavior of a grown man getting “wrapped up” in Accuser 1, blowing on his stomach, etc. The Children and Youth Services worker confirmed that the relationship doesn't seem appropriate and said nothing in Sandusky's statement changed her opinion that Sandusky was sexually abuse the boy.
by WGAL 3:09 PM

Testimony today from Children and Youth services workers revealed that Sandusky gave them a statement in 2009 saying in part, “he became wrapped up in Accuser 1….he wanted to make him feel significant…denied ever sleeping in the same bed as him…admitted to wrestling with him and cracking his back. Said there was never any sexual acts on the Accuser or his part but also said he couldn't honestly answer if his hands were below the Accuser's pants. He also said he may have kissed the Accuser on the cheek but never on the lips. Said there was never any sexual contact or any intent of sexual contact.
by WGAL edited by WGAL 3:07 PM

During each of their testimonies the courtroom was silent, hanging on every word.
by WGAL 3:04 PM

A day of big witnesses for the prosecution. It put 2 heavy-hitting witnesses on the stand – one of the accusers who broke down in tears, and mike mcqueary who stared down Sandusky as he walked into the courtroom.
by WGAL 3:04 PM

We have more updates from reporter Matt Barcaro. We will start posting them here shortly.
by WGAL 3:03 PM

A few more details from Accuser 1's testimony today. On cross examination, defense attorney Joe Amendola attacked his credibility, saying the accuser had given inconsistent details to the grand jury and some investigators. Accuser 1 said every time he had to tell the story to new people, he became scared.

Amendola continued to question Accuser 1 who eventually answered very loudly – you keep asking me the same questions, I'll give you the same answer.

At that point, Amendola asked the accuser if he needed a break.
by WGAL 2:58 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xbkI9rOP

Rachel White‏@RachelLynWhite

McQueary: On the surface, people saw me have negative reactions to #Sandusky afterwards – people became suspicious.

~~~~~~

Courtney Brennan‏@WPXI_Courtney

Prosecution showed pictures of the Penn State shower with manikins in it representing #Sandusky & the young boy. #wpxi

~~~~~~

Courtney Brennan‏@WPXI_Courtney

During McQueary's testimony, #Sandusky supporters whispered "he's such a liar...he'll never get another job." #wpxi

~~~~~~

Chris Otto‏@YDRChrisOtto

Interesting that Rominger, not Amendola, is apparently handling the cross-examination of McQueary. #Sandusky

~~~~~~

wnep‏@wnep

McQueary Takes Stand in Sandusky Trial: Mike McQueary told jurors he was “extremely alarmed, extremely flustered... http://bit.ly/L3W1NK

~~~~~~

Jenna Johnson‏@wpjenna

#Sandusky attorney: "You left an adult man & a boy in a locker room where you say you saw them in a sexual position?" McQueary: Yes.

~~~~~~

Michael Sisak‏@cvmikesisak

Cross-examination of #McQueary about to resume. #Sandusky walks through empty jury box to avoid traffic jam of lawyers/aides standing around

~~~~~~

Jenna Johnson‏@wpjenna

As McQueary testified, he asked for clarification on many questions, kept his answers concise & drank glass after glass of water.

I surely hope the "secret" file will lead to criminal charges for the PSU officials. I wonder if the emails/files will show Second Mile had knowledge as well.

I am shocked how many people blatantly disregarded these children and their safety. This truly is a conspiracy to protect PSU - it can't be considered anything else in my opinion.

Does anyone know or can specify who the Sandusky supporters are that are in the Courtroom? TIA

McQueary: There is no way that his genitals were not up against the young boy – on the incident in the Lasch Building #Sandusky

~~~~~~~

Outside The Lines‏@OTLonESPN

McQueary says he made loud noise (slammed door to locker) to break it up, stepped within a few feet of the pair, looked into their eyes.

~~~~~~

McQueary: “I didn’t just turn and run, I made sure it stopped” he said, by slamming the locker (1/2) #Sandusky

~~~~~~

McQueary testifies that his father told him to come to house, and once there he told his father what he had seen.

~~~~~~

McQueary: He knew after the phone call that it was extremely sexual in nature, a young boy (1/2) #Sandusky

~~~~~~

McQueary testifies that his father and a family friend told him that he needed to tell coach Joe Paterno what he had seen.

~~~~~~

Does anyone know or can specify who the Sandusky supporters are that are in the Courtroom? TIA

An article yesterday said that Dottie and some of the kids were there supported by church members. I presume those are the supporters.

Who are these "supporters" of Sandusky? His relatives? (Okay...I see your above post now. :) )

How many of them are standing around outside in the thunderstorms we are having today to support good ol' Jer? I just can't see it.

Karl Rominger, a member of the #Sandusky defense team, began cross-examining McQueary at 2:28 p.m.

~~~~~~

McQueary: I told Paterno & my father what I had seen on the surface, made sure they knew it (1/3) #Sandusky

~~~~~~

(3/3) McQueary: I didn’t feel comfortable using those terms out of respect and my own embarrassment #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Jim Wilhelm‏@BreakingNewzman

McQueary, a then grad asst, said he couldnt believe what he saw at first and took a second look. For more details and updates: @TribLIVE

~~~~~~

McQueary: Saw subtle movement – Sandusky’s midsection moving behind the boy. #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Teresa V Parrot‏@tvparrot

RT @wpjenna: #Sandusky attny: You left an adult man & a boy in a locker room where you say you saw them in a sexual position? McQueary: Yes.

~~~~~~

McQueary: I became alerted and embarrassed that I was walking in on something that I didn’t to see.

~~~~~~

Who are these "supporters" of Sandusky? His relatives? (Okay...I see your above post now. :) )

How many of them are standing around outside in the thunderstorms we are having today to support good ol' Jer? I just can't see it.

There can't be too many of them, but they must be packed in there with the reporters.

Karl Rominger, a member of the #Sandusky defense team, began cross-examining McQueary at 2:28 p.m.

~~~~~~

McQueary: I told Paterno & my father what I had seen on the surface, made sure they knew it (1/3) #Sandusky

~~~~~~

(3/3) McQueary: I didn’t feel comfortable using those terms out of respect and my own embarrassment #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Jim Wilhelm‏@BreakingNewzman

McQueary, a then grad asst, said he couldnt believe what he saw at first and took a second look. For more details and updates: @TribLIVE

~~~~~~

McQueary: Saw subtle movement – Sandusky’s midsection moving behind the boy. #Sandusky

~~~~~~

Teresa V Parrot‏@tvparrot

RT @wpjenna: #Sandusky attny: You left an adult man & a boy in a locker room where you say you saw them in a sexual position? McQueary: Yes.

~~~~~~

McQueary: I became alerted and embarrassed that I was walking in on something that I didn’t to see.

~~~~~~

Ugh. Beyond disgusting.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

An article yesterday said that Dottie and some of the kids were there supported by church members. I presume those are the supporters.
This bothers me immensely because Sarge and Jerry are denying that he is a pedophile (more enablers). I wouldn't be angered if they were providing emotional support to the family after Jerry confessed. Even their pastor admitted Jerry was guilty.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston