Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of images of McQueary today... and one of the topic of conversation. :gavel:

My son used to draw pictures of "The Bogeyman" with sharp teeth, just like JS in that last picture. Gives me chills.

Oh maaaaaaaaaaaan..... I feel like :slap: people like that. How can you possibly dismiss something like that? :banghead:

How shocked was I when the Gricar connection came out? We have some people out there that can't even take it as an honest mistake.

Jerry Sandusky engaged in repeated acts of oral sex, a second alleged victim testifies at trial

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...amendola-second-day-penn-state--.html#more-id

BELLEFONTE, Pa. – The sobs from the witness stand were loud and prolonged, the cracking voice of Victim No. 1 in the Jerry Sandusky child sexual molestation trial gasping for breath as he detailed repeated acts of oral sex with the former Penn State defensive coordinator.............

The sighs and sniffs echoed around a rapt Centre County Courtroom as jurors looked on, a couple noticeably disturbed. A few grimaced at the retelling and shook their heads.

Sandusky sat hunched over at the defense table, often rubbing his chin.
------

On cross examination, defense attorney Joe Amendola focused on the witness's changing and evolving telling of the story to officials, including inconsistencies with dates, acts and the number of sexual encounters. .........

The witness said that as he came to grips with what happened he had trouble admitting it out loud. It was particularly difficult to tell the entire story, especially in front of different groups of people. He also said each time was a source of great anxiety that caused him to hold back different parts of the story............

Amendola went over repeated inconsistencies in the story, pounding him on each difference. The witness kept saying he struggled to be comfortable with new people until the cross became contentious.

The witness cracked and put his hands to his face and began crying.........

It was a better performance by Amendola than Monday's cross examination of the first alleged victim, but it showed the limits of the defense. At no time did Amendola attempt to disprove the sessions with Sandusky, only that the details and number of incidents shifted over time. ..........

It was intense and emotional, so intense and emotional that in the final question of direct, state prosecutor Joseph E. McGettigan III offered a softball question that revealed that the witness had recently graduated from high school.

"Thursday," the witness said, flashing the closest thing to a smile on this brutal Tuesday morning in court.

More at link.....

This is the Penn State "Code of Ethics". Don't ever interfere with football! Don't do anything that could harm Paterno's rep!

Pinkhammer, I lived in Lewistown PA for many years, a short drive from "Happy Valley." What you say is true. Penn State football was heaven and Paterno was God. My husband and I were members of the professional community there and I remember the parties to watch those games which I felt obligated to attend. It's hard to explain the hold that Paterno had over those people in that little town. Even today they defend him. I don't live there now, but IMO 99% of the people there still admire Paterno. He might have been a great football coach but he was a failure as a human being in the end. I don't believe a jury will convict Sandusky because he was a part of the big football in the sky.

My heart breaks for the victims of this monster. My heart breaks because no one cared for them enough to step up and stop him. I don't understand their value system which can put a college game before the welfare of these poor children. The whole thing sickens me.

I really hope the jury and the people in the courtroom felt this boys pain-I know I did just reading that story above---

but we all know Jer did not feel anything-as he just smiled a lot!!!Creep!!!

Pinkhammer, I lived in Lewistown PA for many years, a short drive from "Happy Valley." What you say is true. Penn State football was heaven and Paterno was God. My husband and I were members of the professional community there and I remember the parties to watch those games which I felt obligated to attend. It's hard to explain the hold that Paterno had over those people in that little town. Even today they defend him. I don't live there now, but IMO 99% of the people there still admire Paterno. He might have been a great football coach but he was a failure as a human being in the end. I don't believe a jury will convict Sandusky because he was a part of the big football in the sky.

I have to say that I do admire Paterno (and Gricar, frankly), because of his record overall. That said, I don't admire Sandusky. There is just too much there.

I can admire someone, and not think they are perfect.

I'm so impressed with the men who came forward to testify in this case. Just like the men who came forward and testified against abusive priests, they're changing the stigma of sexual abuse for boys. I have known (sadly enough) quite a few men over the age of 35 who suffered sexual abuse and never reported it because (at the time) they would have ruined their lives by admitting they were victimized. Every time one of these guys steps forward, they put the stigma where it belongs--on the abuser--and make it easier for any other victims to come forward.

Jerry Sandusky engaged in repeated acts of oral sex, a second alleged victim testifies at trial

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ncaaf-...amendola-second-day-penn-state--.html#more-id

BELLEFONTE, Pa. – The sobs from the witness stand were loud and prolonged, the cracking voice of Victim No. 1 in the Jerry Sandusky child sexual molestation trial gasping for breath as he detailed repeated acts of oral sex with the former Penn State defensive coordinator.............

The sighs and sniffs echoed around a rapt Centre County Courtroom as jurors looked on, a couple noticeably disturbed. A few grimaced at the retelling and shook their heads.

Sandusky sat hunched over at the defense table, often rubbing his chin.
------

On cross examination, defense attorney Joe Amendola focused on the witness's changing and evolving telling of the story to officials, including inconsistencies with dates, acts and the number of sexual encounters. .........

The witness said that as he came to grips with what happened he had trouble admitting it out loud. It was particularly difficult to tell the entire story, especially in front of different groups of people. He also said each time was a source of great anxiety that caused him to hold back different parts of the story............

Amendola went over repeated inconsistencies in the story, pounding him on each difference. The witness kept saying he struggled to be comfortable with new people until the cross became contentious.

The witness cracked and put his hands to his face and began crying

It was a better performance by Amendola than Monday's cross examination of the first alleged victim, but it showed the limits of the defense. At no time did Amendola attempt to disprove the sessions with Sandusky, only that the details and number of incidents shifted over time. ..........

It was intense and emotional, so intense and emotional that in the final question of direct, state prosecutor Joseph E. McGettigan III offered a softball question that revealed that the witness had recently graduated from high school.

"Thursday," the witness said, flashing the closest thing to a smile on this brutal Tuesday morning in court.

More at link.....
bbm
Keep it up, Amendola! You are increasing Sandusky's time behind bars by contentiously harassing this young victim and making him cry.

I am surprise none of the reporters wrote how terrified this young man was at 12-15 yrs old-having Sandusky following his bus-him hiding in bushes & alleys to try and get away from him..This poor boy

I pray this is the last time this young man has to tell his story & may he find peace within himself to try to put this nightmare behind him & have some kind of normal life-if thats even possible..from hearing about him today-he sounds very very fragile..

I pray this is the last time this young man has to tell his story & may he find peace within himself to try to put this nightmare behind him & have some kind of normal life-if thats even possible..from hearing about him today-he sounds very very fragile..

He might yet realize just how brave he is.

I am surprise none of the reporters wrote how terrified this young man was at 12-15 yrs old-having Sandusky following his bus-him hiding in bushes & alleys to try and get away from him..This poor boy

I am sure the jury is absorbing that info though. I hope so, but I really do think it is being filed away in their heads and hearts. He is going down hard, imo.

I surely hope the "secret" file will lead to criminal charges for the PSU officials. I wonder if the emails/files will show Second Mile had knowledge as well.

I am shocked how many people blatantly disregarded these children and their safety. This truly is a conspiracy to protect PSU - it can't be considered anything else in my opinion.

Brown Rice you and I have identical wishes about the outcome with the "secret file." You are 100 percent correct that the University officials protected first the school, its reputation, pocketbook and the athletic program, mainly football instead of protecting these youngsters from Jerry's sexual abuse on them.

One thing I clearly understand now with today's "breaking news" of a secret file, is that Jerry could safely continue his quest for these boys without fear of being caught because the University was doing its best to cover up his crimes. PSU is a place of greedy cowards.
jmo

I am sure the jury is absorbing that info though. I hope so, but I really do think it is being filed away in their heads and hearts. He is going down hard, imo.

I'm quite sure none of them will forget what they heard. I never will and heard it today on HLN! Soaping this kid up in the shower then abusing him. What a perv!!!!

I wish he'd be found guilty and sentenced to serve in a women's prison.

It may have been discussed already and I missed it..
Would the Second Mile have names/photos of all the children involved with the organization? Could the other 2 victims be narrowed down from this?
Although, if I walked in on what MM and the janitor did I would be so horrified I don't think I'd remember a face.

As victim #1 testified. "Sandusky didn't visibly react to the teen's account and looked straight ahead during his testimony."

http://www.nj.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/06/sandusky_trial_second_accuser.html

How JS can sit there and listen to this testimony is beyond my understanding. There would only be 2 options for me - plead guilty or take the easy way out.
Jerry, a preferential pedophile, believes he did nothing wrong. He thinks he did all those fatherless boys favors by giving them "love" and gifts. He likely also thinks that the boys enjoyed sex with him.

It may have been discussed already and I missed it..
Would the Second Mile have names/photos of all the children involved with the organization? Could the other 2 victims be narrowed down from this?
Although, if I walked in on what MM and the janitor did I would be so horrified I don't think I'd remember a face.
(Said with extreme sarcasm and anger) Maybe. The Second Mile (operated by a CHILD PSYCHOLOGIST for 3 decades) told LE that TSM had a bad computer accident one day. Oopsie! Yep, many of their important files went bye bye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper