Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was shocked the judge allowed the custodian's testimony. Good on him!:D

moo

I hope these kids are suing PS. As they covered for Jerry and allowed him to continue raping little boys in the shower and provided accommodations for Jerry to transport children on out of town trips.

it's amazing to me how easily people will choose a conspiracy of silence over the discomfort of confronting a situation and believing their own eyes.

easier to pretend it didn't really happen.

they should pay. big time.

Hello, I have been a member for quite awhile, but never posted just lurked. This case angers me soooo much. So many people could have done something to stop this evil man from hurting more children, but chose instead to protect their precious football program. Reading Victim 1's testimony had me in tears. It is amazing that so many people can turn a blind eye to a child being abused. I hope all involved are haunted for years for what they did or didn't do. Every time one person didn't act, they allowed another child to be abused. IMO, the victim count is much higher than 10.

Hello, I have been a member for quite awhile, but never posted just lurked. This case angers me soooo much. So many people could have done something to stop this evil man from hurting more children, but chose instead to protect their precious football program. Reading Victim 1's testimony had me in tears. It is amazing that so many people can turn a blind eye to a child being abused. I hope all involved are haunted for years for what they did or didn't do. Every time one person didn't act, they allowed another child to be abused. IMO, the victim count is much higher than 10.

So glad you've decided to post! This is a case that would yank me out of lurkdom too... :seeya:

Here's an article from yesterday that I missed-- it tells a little about seating the jury and very clear statement about why he's not sequestering them:

Sandusky Trial: Why the Jury is Not Sequestered

If the community can trust them to turn in a just verdict, Cleland said, he can trust them not to discuss the news.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/local-news/sandusky-trial-why-the-jury-is-not-sequestered-1064253/

I'm thinking I like Judge Cleland thus far... I think he's being very careful to steer clear of anything that smacks of cronyism regarding his courtroom. A rather taut tightrope, I imagine. jmo

It is opinion.

OK, but I noticed on the list of defense witnesses a psychologist and therapist are listed:

"Michael Gillum: psychologist

John Seasock: therapist who evaluated alleged victim No. 6 in 1998 and concluded Sandusky’s behavior was not that of pedophile."

What else could they testify to except their evaluations and opinions about Sandusky?

The other psychologist (I think her name is Chambers) did the same in 1998 and concluded JS was a pedophile, so she should be able to testify if they do for the defense.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/...itnesses-in-jerry-sandusky.html#storylink=cpy

As far as the preacher, I agree what he said about forgiveness, etc. would be opinion and possibly confidential also, but he stated he talked to JS everyday since the charges were filed altho he has not been back to attend church. He might have received a few interesting emails too, lol. JS and Dottie have attended his church for over 20 years so he could be a witness about how JS interacted with children at various services and events. IMO

http://www.christianpost.com/news/j...ormer-penn-state-coach-can-be-forgiven-64844/

OK, but I noticed on the list of defense witnesses a psychologist and therapist are listed:

John Seasock: therapist who evaluated alleged victim No. 6 in 1998 and concluded Sandusky’s behavior was not that of pedophile."

What else could they testify to except their evaluations and opinions about Sandusky?

The other psychologist (I think her name is Chambers) did the same in 1998 and concluded JS was a pedophile, so she should be able to testify if they do for the defense.

Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/...itnesses-in-jerry-sandusky.html#storylink=cpy

Their opinions are not evidence.

One last entry from WTAE:

RT @LC_Nichols: Victim 5 attorney Kline on @andersoncooper said his client told him #Sandusky was staring "adoringly" at him on witness stand, was not OK..

by audsnyder4 via twitter 8:22 PM

RT @PayneApayne: @astockey Does anyone in legal field there think he will walk free?

by astockey via twitter 8:02 PM

RT @SanduskyTrial: Day 3 -- Prosecutors use Sandusky's words against him court, and the jury hears from 3 more accusers:... ...

by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 7:20 PM

Overheard from media member covering #Sandusky "if this has been a prize fight, it would have been stopped on Tuesday".

by astockey via twitter 6:11 PM

To note: lead prosecutor McGettigan told me he's battling a cold & fever this week. Hasn't seemed to impact his work at all during the trial

by audsnyder4 via twitter 5:32 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xj3g53H1

BBM.

What? is right. The details are the story. Without those unpleasant details, there would be no crime. :banghead:

Exactly. Re Anderson Cooper's tweet:

https://twitter.com/#!/andersoncooper

Of course, it's upsetting. "...Child sex abuse still happens far too often."? It hasn't been fully addressed. It's time to move forward-it's 2012. Continue to expose the predators and give the victims justice! AC is powerful-IMO, that tweet ought to have been stronger. Disappointed.

Thanks for the clear and precise updates!

I'm wondering when we'll see (or maybe if would be a better word) victims that have not yet gathered the inner strength needed to testify.

I pray that those who have not yet come forward, are getting the help they need to deal with whatever may have been done to them.

I find it curious how JS is now hiding his face and ducking for cover from media. Why now.

http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/13/3227753/two-victims-testify-jerry-sandusky.html

Of course one would think shame, but he never did this in the beginning did he?

Ah, that is a witness. :)

Yep, JS has no shame..he still thinks he is invincible and goes around grinning like a you know what.....hope that grin is wiped off soon....

picture.php

snip

One last entry from WTAE:

RT @LC_Nichols: Victim 5 attorney Kline on @andersoncooper said his client told him #Sandusky was staring "adoringly" at him on witness stand, was not OK..

by audsnyder4 via twitter 8:22 PM

WHAT??? Oh dear God, someone please put a bag over that man's head during the victims testimony. Absolutely disgusting.

There is a sad irony in the fact that all of the alleged victims/survivors in this case had to work through immense hesitance, doubt, distrust, residual shame and fear in order to make it to the witness stand and get through the experience of testifying--to the extent that the one young man chose to cover his face today from the media cameras--while the perpetrator trots in daily with his toothy grin before the same cameras and then apparently is able to abstract himself during testimony about the emotional damage he has wrought on these men.

I'm glad the jurors are forbidden to access information about this trial. One look at the victim who chose to be hooded as he left court, compared to any of the innumerable shots of JS bounding out of or sliding into that SUV, and game over.

The other psychologist (I think her name is Chambers) did the same in 1998 and concluded JS was a pedophile, so she should be able to testify if they do for the defense.Read more here: http://www.centredaily.com/2012/06/...itnesses-in-jerry-sandusky.html#storylink=cpy

As far as the preacher, I agree what he said about forgiveness, etc. would be opinion and possibly confidential also, but he stated he talked to JS everyday since the charges were filed altho he has not been back to attend church. He might have received a few interesting emails too, lol. JS and Dottie have attended his church for over 20 years so he could be a witness about how JS interacted with children at various services and events. IMO

http://www.christianpost.com/news/j...ormer-penn-state-coach-can-be-forgiven-64844/

Why would she testify for defense if she feels he is a pedophile?

i apologize for this post as, knowing how thorough and ready to share all of my fellow ws'ers are, i am about positive this has been posted. it has been a crammed few days and i simply cannot find what i'm looking for.

i've been following this atrocity of a case from the start but now find myself unable to locate the best coverage, during the day. i had previously relied on vinnie politan's reports but unfortunately, he is no longer on in the evenings. if someone can point me towards the best daily television coverage i would be very appreciative.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper