Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
SPORTSbyBROOKS ‏@SPORTSbyBROOKS

RT @mdent05 Penn State asst coaches Victim #4 mentioned saw him & Sandusky in showers were Tom Bradley, Fran Ganter & Dick Anderson

~~~

Dick Anderson, who Victim #4 said saw him in Penn St shower w/ Sandusky, "seated with the Sandusky family" during trial http://bit.ly/KyqMVp

~~~

Dick Anderson & Jerry Sandusky played, coached football together at Penn State since early 1960s.

~~~

.@KevinOnCFB @mdent05 Ray Gricar dictaphone showed Ganter met w/ Sandusky investigators at PSU Football building in '98 http://bit.ly/JjsIjD

Rachel White ‏@RachelLynWhite

The prosecution presented evidence with the jury absent – to Cleland he ruled read testimony is allowed #Sandusky

~~~

Rachel White ‏@RachelLynWhite

Judge Cleland ruled that due to Excited Utterance, a well grounded exception to the hearsay rule, that Petrosky's testimony is ok #Sandusky

~~~

Dan Wetzel ‏@DanWetzel

Judge overrules defense objection, allows second hand testimony of a janitor seeing Sandusky performing act on a boy in Penn State shower

~~~

Ben Jones ‏@Ben_Jones88

Sandusky trail adjourned for day. Prosecution likely done by Friday

~~~

Yahoo! Sports ‏@YahooSports

RT @DanWetzel #Sandusky interview with Bob Costas played at trial. Also judge says prosecution expected to rest Friday. Case moving swiftly

Anderson Cooper ‏@andersoncooper

#Sandusky allegations are so upsetting but I think its important to cover. Child sex abuse still happens far too often.

~~~

Adam Clark ‏@realAdamClark

Judge says prosecution should wrap up its case against #Sandusky by Friday. Then the defense gets it's shot.

~~~

Judge John Cleland today allowed a PSU employee to testify that a coworker, who now has dementia, said he saw a boy give #Sandusky oral sex

~~~

"he had this boy against the shower wall licking on his privates," is what janitor Ron Petrosky said he was told by Jim Calhoun. #Sandusky

:(

#Sandusky testimony concluded for today

by astockey via twitter4:13 PM

#Sandusky Atty for victim 5 says Costas interview helps prosecution. Says it provides huge gaffe.

by astockey via twitter4:12 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xhs7OA9J

#Sandusky attorney for victim 5 says he saw Sandusky look away when his client's tearful testimony began p.twimg.com

by astockey via twitter4:09 PM

#Sandusky victim 5 attorney says defense cross was about dates, not actual alleged sexual assault

by astockey via twitter4:08 PM

Court is done for the day. Prosecution should be finished by Friday and looks like we'll move on to the defense next week #Sandusky trial

by audsnyder4 via twitter4:06 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xhrxZztk

#Sandusky attorney for victim 5 after client testifies. Says PSU had paper trail of Sandusky alleged activities p.twimg.com

by astockey via twitter4:06 PM

Alleged victim 5 called "courageous" by attorney and says his testimony was unassailable

by astockey via twitter4:06 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xhrgakdi

Correction: person to whom janitor told story now on witness stand. #Sandusky janitor also in courtroom. Reports janitor has dementia now

by astockey via twitter3:46 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xhrS6T3k

Courtney Brennan ‏@WPXI_Courtney

Prosecution played the audio of Bob Costas's interview w/#Sandusky...some jurors took notes & #Sandusky stared straight ahead. #wpxi

~~~

The Patriot-News ‏@PatriotNews

Jerry Sandusky trial: Prosecutors will wrap up by Friday, judge says
http://bit.ly/M41TRC

~~~

susan candiotti cnn ‏@susancandiotti

Atty for Sandusky accuser about Penn State: "those who allowed that (the alleged abuse) to happen will be called to task" #sanduskytrial

~~~

susan candiotti cnn ‏@susancandiotti

Sandusky trial judge says prosecution will "comfortably" wrap by Friday #sanduskytrial ; testimony about only 3 more alleged victims remains

~~~

The other janitor, was Jim Calhoun. Petrosky said Calhoun’s face was white, his face was trembling. Petrosky said he thought it was a medical condition. According to Petrosky, Calhoun said: “I just witnessed something in there. I’ll never forget the rest of my life…that man who just left, he had this boy held up against the wall licking on his privates”.

by WGAL 4:27 PM

He said he saw Sandusky and a small boy leave the locker area not long after that. Said “good evening, coach”. About ¾ of the way down the hallway, Petrosky saw Sandusky hold the boys hand as they walked away. Both of their hair was wet.

by WGAL 4:26 PM

Petrosky told of the incident in fall 2000 when he said he saw a pair of legs in the shower -- one hairy and the other small.

by WGAL 4:26 PM

After the jury was allowed back in, janitor Ronald Petrosky testified. His testimony included hearsay evidence from another janitor who is no longer alive.[this is incorrect I think]

by WGAL 4:25 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xhuPLEQy

The jury was then allowed back into court.

by WGAL 4:18 PM

The prosecution argued to allow for hearsay evidence of one of the janitors to be used in court. The judge eventually ruled in favor of it, which means the jury will hear about alleged victim 8.

The jury did not hear this.

Petrosky said Sandusky was referred to as – that old man, that dirty man.

by WGAL edited by WGAL4:19 PM

During the afternoon, the judge excused the jury to talk about how to handle Alleged Victim 8 (the mystery victim involving the janitor who now has dementia).

On a fall evening in 2000, two janitors employed at Penn State witnessed something. One of the janitors, Ron Petrosky, said he looked over at a shower and it was running. He said he observed two pairs of legs – one hairy and the other smaller. The janitor said he then left.

Later Petrosky said he saw Sandusky and a young boy leave the shower room with their hair wet and holding hands.

by WGAL 4:16 PM

Barcaro says one of the biggest things that happened in court is something the jury will never know about…in fact, they weren’t in the courtroom when it happened.

by WGAL 4:13 PM

We have another update from reporter Matt Barcaro. Updates will be posted momentarily.

by WGAL 4:13 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xhtyihZh

I just noticed on the WGAL Livewire they have changed Victim 6 to Victim 5 now.

RT @mdent05 Penn State asst coaches Victim #4 mentioned saw him & Sandusky in showers were Tom Bradley, Fran Ganter & Dick Anderson

RFG had a meeting in 10/98 with Ganter, the two LE people, and ADA Sloane. That was after he declined to prosecute.

I remember MJ...the tapes they played of him babbling about having his own hospital full of
sick children ,,,babbling and in my opinion , in full fantasy.

sexually aroused.

sorry, it's all very similar ...poor helpless children, and sick helpless children.

in the trial for MJ's doctor ...they tried to point to this as evidence of MJ's goodness and pure intentions..

I see something darker.

how can we help the vulnerable when so much charity and goodwill is rife with people who have sexual agendas?

just so sad.

Twitter is full of denial with people just wishing this story would go away. It's hard to deal with the whining. :( I understand that the graphic details offend people, but at the same time that's what this trial is about - no way to pretty it up. I love the people who say "just report the story - don't bother me with details." What? :waitasec:

We'll post a video update here shortly.

by WGAL 5:05 PM

Outside of testimony – the judge told the jury that they were moving along more rapidly than anticipated and the prosecution will be comfortably done by Friday.

by WGAL 4:31 PM

Amendola questioned Petrosky as to why he didn’t tell the grand jury one of the sets of legs had hair and the other didn’t…yet he told the jury that today. Petrosky said he didn’t know.

by WGAL 4:30 PM

The defense then cross examined Petrosky. The defense made it clear that Petrosky had seen a story in the Centre Daily Times about what Mike McQueary had witnessed in the showers. Petrosky said because of that he went to police to tell them he saw a similar incident to what McQueary did.

by WGAL 4:30 PM

Calhoun and Petrosky went to a meeting room and Calhoun again told what he saw. When Petrosky told the jury exactly what Calhoun said he saw (it’d be too graphic to repeat but it’s a euphemism for oral sex), there was a little gasp in the courtroom gallery, and Petrosky shook his head in disgust that he had to say it. Reporter Matt Barcaro said one of the jurors kind of winced.

by WGAL 4:28 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xiB6mWvH

Twitter is full of denial with people just wishing this story would go away. It's hard to deal with the whining. :( I understand that the graphic details offend people, but at the same time that's what this trial is about - no way to pretty it up. I love the people who say "just report the story - don't bother me with details." What? :waitasec:

BBM.

What? is right. The details are the story. Without those unpleasant details, there would be no crime. :banghead:

Duh....when you are on trial for sexual abuse, you have to talk about sex....what do they think? These are the same kind of people who closed their eyes to JS trotting around constantly with little children to begin with.

To me, all the witnesses have been strong and told their experiences well...agree that so far all the defense has questioned are times, dates, places, nothing to deny or refute the actual acts of abuse....also agree putting on the interview was a big gaffe...was this in place of JS testifying? if so was a big ol FAIL....

I'm trying to think what the defense would be other than JS getting up and denying everything....those supporters are in the courtroom and so can't testify...so Dottie and some of their children....can't use Curley and Schultz, they are too tainted now and wouldn't say anything anyway...some of his old football players? other coaches? people from 2nd Mile?

Hope the prosecution puts on the preacher from his church that said he thought JS was a pedophile....and the psychologist from 1998 who agreed....

I wish they would stop calling him a pedophile...it sounds innocuous like

homosexual

or phobic or ocd.

let's call him what he really is.

CHILD RAPIST.

Duh....when you are on trial for sexual abuse, you have to talk about sex....what do they think? These are the same kind of people who closed their eyes to JS trotting around constantly with little children to begin with.

To me, all the witnesses have been strong and told their experiences well...agree that so far all the defense has questioned are times, dates, places, nothing to deny or refute the actual acts of abuse....also agree putting on the interview was a big gaffe...was this in place of JS testifying? if so was a big ol FAIL....

I'm trying to think what the defense would be other than JS getting up and denying everything....those supporters are in the courtroom and so can't testify...so Dottie and some of their children....can't use Curley and Schultz, they are too tainted now and wouldn't say anything anyway...some of his old football players? other coaches? people from 2nd Mile?

Hope the prosecution puts on the preacher from his church that said he thought JS was a pedophile....and the psychologist from 1998 who agreed....

Reader, Thanks so much for keeping us updated! I was unable to follow the afternoon session so I appreciate all your hard work. You :rocker:

wm

(BBM)

BBM^ It is that attitude (IMO) that allows sex offenders to continue to get away this crime! SO's know that most people would rather look away and not say "the words" about what it is they do to their victims - they count on that. I say toughen up; if these poor children had to endure it, we can sure as heck deal with hearing it! JMO~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston