Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG, it makes me nauseous. I appreciate those of you who can stand to go through the tweets. :(

Christina Butler‏@ChristinaCBS21

Prosecution shows picture of #Sandusky surrounded by young boys. One is 7. There are other accusers in the picture

~~~

Ross Levitt‏@cnnross

Defense gets alleged victim #7 to acknowledge his story has changed over time...and different from his Grand Jury testimony. #Sandusky

~~~

He looks like he's posing to be repainted in that d@#$ed mural!!!

Notice the downcast victim in the background? The body language seems so telling to me. So far, the way the victims have been described proves them to be very credible, IMO.

Yet, I'm worried.

The judge is said to be known as a fair-minded judge. Yet, he released the identities of these young men who have been the object of such vitriol by Penn State fans and Sandusky minions. These kids were vulnerable to begin with, were victimized and now very vulnerable again. There are those who would like to see them die. And being a male, teen victim of sexual abuse is horrifying for the victims. To have their identities publicized - well, it seems cruel. Did the judge express any sympathy, or valid reasons for doing so? Luckily, the media have been excellent about not releasing their names.

The judge also refused a change of venue, I understand. Again, given the violence of fan passions for college ball, I don't get this. I remember the lone father standing outside a Penn State game, protesting on behalf of the victims and the incredible abuse heaped on him by horrid fans, mothers, women, men, grandmas! I was astounded. That the judge, in the face of such passion, refused to change venue, has me very concerned.

The juror smiling repeatedly at Sandusky says it all to me. I am very worried that Sandusky is going to get away with this.

I had similar concerns that I voiced at the beginning of the casey anthony trial, but it was mostly about one, single juror. Little did I know that the whole jury was problematic. I overcame my initial reservations, though, only to be horribly shocked when the verdict came down. Sickened.

I've learned my lesson. And I'm very worried here as a result. Thoughts?

Alleged victim testifies Sandusky threatened him, then professed love

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/2...usky_threatened_him__then_professed_love.html

~~~

Dick Weiss‏@NYDNDickWeiss

@NYDNDickWeiss victom 7 says he tailgated with sandusky family until 2008

~~~

Dick Weiss‏@NYDNDickWeiss

@NYDNDickWeiss vitim 7 received penn state tics from sandusky for 10 yrs didn't tell anyone for fear of losing then

~~~

ThoughtFox, that sounds exactly right to me. Personality Disorder or not....

Notice the downcast victim in the background? The body language seems so telling to me. So far, the way the victims have been described proves them to be very credible, IMO.

Yet, I'm worried.

The judge is said to be known as a fair-minded judge. Yet, he released the identities of these young men who have been the object of such vitriol by Penn State fans and Sandusky minions. These kids were vulnerable to begin with, were victimized and now very vulnerable again. There are those who would like to see them die. And being a male, teen victim of sexual abuse is horrifying for the victims. To have their identities publicized - well, it seems cruel. Did the judge express any sympathy, or valid reasons for doing so? Luckily, the media have been excellent about not releasing their names.

The judge also refused a change of venue, I understand. Again, given the violence of fan passions for college ball, I don't get this. I remember the lone father standing outside a Penn State game, protesting on behalf of the victims and the incredible abuse heaped on him by horrid fans, mothers, women, men, grandmas! I was astounded. That the judge, in the face of such passion, refused to change venue, has me very concerned.

The juror smiling repeatedly at Sandusky says it all to me. I am very worried that Sandusky is going to get away with this.

I had similar concerns that I voiced at the beginning of the casey anthony trial, but it was mostly about one, single juror. Little did I know that the whole jury was problematic. I overcame my initial reservations, though, only to be horribly shocked when the verdict came down. Sickened.

I share your concerns. Everything I'm reading so far looks like the prosecution's case is very strong and the victims are 100% credible. But there's always a risk with a jury trial, and the attitude of some in the community about Penn State football worries me.

We can only hope the jury does the right thing.

Article about Victim 10:

http://wnep.com/2012/06/13/victim-10-alleges-abuse-during-first-visit-to-sandusky-home/

...he and Sandusky were wrestling on the floor in the basement when suddenly Sandusky pulled down his shorts and sexually abused him. He said similar abuse happened upon other occasions.

“I freaked out, I got nervous, I got scared,” said Victim 10 describing that first incident of abuse. “He told me that if I told anybody I would never see my family again.”

Victim 10 testified that he also had an incident in Penn State’s outdoor pool on campus. He said Sandusky had put him up on the older man’s shoulders. The alleged victim said Sandusky then put his hands up the boy’s shorts and touched his genitals.

On cross-examination, Victim 10 said at one point at a camp through The Second Mile he was a roommate with another accuser in this Sanduksy trial, another alleged victim. But Victim 10 said he never discussed abuse with the other person.

~Snipped For Comment~

Amendola asked Accuser 10 about a trip in a car. Amendola said – he had his right hand on your thigh?

Accuser 10 answered – Yes.

Amendola said – was there an incident in the car with Mr. Sandusky. He asked you for oral sex?

Accuser 10 said – yes.

Amendola said – and did you?

Accuser 10 said – No, I didn't. Accuser 10 said Sandusky was displeased with that and made a threat to him.

by WGAL 10:57 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xgZITWvH
BBM

Why, in the name of the heavens above, would a defense attorney ask these questions of a prosecution witness?

What did he EXPECT the answer to be?

Guess he just thought the jury oughta know about it, is all I can figure out. :floorlaugh:

FOX 29‏@FOX29philly

#SANDUSKY ACCUSER:"The more neg. things I sort of put in the back part of my mind--putting stuff in the attic is what I feel I did" #FOX29

~~~

Kevin Cirilli‏@kevcirilli

#Sandusky's jury: The #PennState student juror has show up dressed in biz clothes daily. He's one of most attentive, paying attention. #PSU

~~~

Someone asked earlier how we could stand to read and copy all these tweets - it's simple. My heart breaks for these victims, so justice can't come soon enough. This is the only way Jerry will ever be convicted since Penn State protected him for so many years.

Being pro-victim, even though I know this testimony is rough on them, holding all that horrible stuff inside for years and feeling helpless towards Jerry is 10,000 times worse. It won't solve all their problems to get this testimony on the record, and it may even cause other problems that they had to go in there and face their attacker again, but sunlight is a healing thing. They are shining a light on this cockroach and he has nowhere to hide now.

Drama unfolds as Victim 10 recounts threats

Sandusky told him that “I'd never see my family again" if he told anyone, the witness said, according to media reports from the courtroom.

Later, Sandusky was kinder and apologized for the threat, the witness said. “He told me he didn't mean it and that he loved me,” the accuser said, according to the reports.

. . . Defense attorney Joseph Amendola pressed the witness about the sequence of events and the 23 months he served in state prison for robbing an older man. Amendola pointed out that one of the witness’ former roommates at summer camp has also accused Sandusky of sexual abuse. The camp was sponsored by the Second Mile, a charity founded by Sandusky.

But the witness insisted that his account of the abuse was accurate. After he left the stand, his foster mother testified that he had told her that he didn’t want to see Sandusky any more. When she heard of Sandusky’s arrest, she said, her heart sank.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nation/...urce=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&dlvrit=526351

There's becoming a common thread in these boys' coping mechanisms-- one I'm sure Sandusky is well aware of, given his expert balance between pain and reward with these kids (it's something a football coach would know a bit about, as well, right?).

Anyway, here's a quick Wiki page on what I hope is addressed by a qualified witness for the prosecution... Dissociation.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disassociation[/ame]

Oh man, I hope these victims get the kind of relief I imagine by enduring all this.

Yet, I'm worried.

Only that I hope you're wrong. But I'm worried too. So I hope we're both wrong.

Mark Dent ‏@mdent05

Victim5 just testified. Said #Sandusky exposed himself to him in a sauna. In the lasch building showers, he crept behind him n molested him

~~~

Mark Dent ‏@mdent05

After shower incident, victim5 never encounterd #Sandusky again. Didn't tell anyone until last year, to his girlfriend. Police came to him

Matt Carroll ‏@Carrollreporter

Victim 5 latest to testify in #SanduskyTrial The witness became emotional while recalling an alleged shower incident with #Sandusky

~~~

Mark Dent ‏@mdent05

To come this afternoon: prosecution has multimedia evidence. Word is it will be #Sandusky Bob Costas interview that was termed disastrous

Victim 5 alleged #Sandusky threw soap on him and started lathering his shoulders. He said was able to get away, but not before being fondled

~~~

Audrey Snyder ‏@audsnyder4

Also, majority of victims not looking in direction of #Sandusky at all. When cross examined (and looking Jerry's way) they've glanced away

~~~

Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill

Alleged #Sandusky Victim 5: In shower, Jerry came toward me aroused and touched me, made me touch him. -Witness got emotional, used tissue.

~~~

Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill

Again Amendola tried to pin down alleged victim on dates, asking if he was sure abuse happened in 2001, not a few years earlier. | #Sandusky

~~~

Jim Hamill ‏@JimHamill

Alleged #Sandusky Victim 5: Visited Jerry's home, went to gym w/ defendant, then the sauna where he (Sandusky) exposed himself. Then shower.

~~~

Victim 5 said after the alleged shower incident, #Sandusky wouldn't speak to him or make eye contact and never called him again

~~~

Andrew Stockey ‏@astockey

#Sandusky costas interview from November played in court with audio only

~~~

93.7 The Bus ‏@937thebus

#Sandusky We are in a 10 minute recess as a legal issue is being discussed.

~~~

Kevin Cirilli ‏@kevcirilli

Prosecution played the infamous bob costar #sandusky interview. #psu student juror's mouth gaped go seemingly expressing "what the heck?"

~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member