Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno fired, dies; cover-up charged #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I initially thought the same thing but don't you think that because his testimony pretty much mirrors what the other two victims testified to, that the jury can and will overlook his criminal record? Still a victim of JS. If I were on the jury, his criminal record would mean little to me.

Well, first, I'm measuring relative strength. He's not as strong as Victims 4 and 1 (and some of the others).

The record is part of it, but he also called the Hotline, i.e. he approached LE, recently. A juror could think, "Well, he has a criminal background, and he just approached the cops after all the publicity. I bet he's after money."

Relatively, he is weaker.

Well, first, I'm measuring relative strength. He's not as strong as Victims 4 and 1 (and some of the others).

The record is part of it, but he also called the Hotline, i.e. he approached LE, recently. A juror could think, "Well, he has a criminal background, and he just approached the cops after all the publicity. I bet he's after money."

Relatively, he is weaker.

I see what you're saying. Let's just hope the jury can overlook.....

Victim 10 isn't the strongest witness, because of his criminal record. There is no corroborating evidence.

Amendola might be able to sway on this one.

Maybe. Probably. The criminal record is a problem.

However, I think the predators prey on troubled children. And those victims continue to be troubled in adulthood, resulting in criminal activity. (search NC Senator R.C. Soles)

But that's neither here nor there as it is only my opinion and members of the jury must consider only the evidence presented.

MOO

wm

I agree about the criminal record-I would also think maybe-just maybe he was acting out b/c of what JS did to him

Exactly...that was one of the things we looked at when a child/teenager was acting out...sexual abuse/incest....(when I worked CPS)

I hope the state covers something about this...not only the acting out but that it is normal for the kids to not report...they are made to feel guilty and are shamed...part of the predators methods..

He has no lawyer to go after money....he was probably reluctant to come forward because of how he thought his record would be looked at....

I also think the fact # 10-does not have a lawyer may be a strong point

Defense attorney Karl Rominger cross examined John McQueary.
by WGAL 10:41 AM

John McQueary said he thinks his son met with University Vice President Gary Shultz and Athletic Director Tim Curley. John said he brought up the subject a couple of months later with Schultz. John said Schultz told him that he had near noise about this before.
by WGAL edited by WGAL 10:39 AM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1xgVMm7fG

Respectfully snipped and BBM

Schultz heard "noise" about this? Meaning the SOB had previous knowledge of coach pervy abusing children on his campus? Oh man, this just gets worse and worse.
:jail:

What's the deal/relevance with John McQueary "not remembering" testifying at the preliminary hearing? Why would he do that?

"To this day I'm sort of repulsed by chest hair now and I remember the feeling of it pressed up my back," he testified. #Sandusky trial

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:11 PM

The male went to Fball games with Jerry & stayed in the upstairs bedroom. If he was the last one to be taken home they'd wrestle, he said.

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:09 PM

Alleged victim 7, now 27 yrs old, recalled #Sandusky squeezing his thigh during car rides and Jerry's hand touching near his groin area

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:08 PM

Alleged victim 7 will probably be the last one to testify until there's a break

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:07 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xgsfcksq

Amendola tried to pick out inconsistencies between what the male told the grand jury vs what he said today. Alleged victim said counseling has opened up this part of his memory that he previously blocked out http://tl.gd/hqvh2p · Reply

(I think this is regarding V.10)

Respectfully snipped and BBM

Schultz heard "noise" about this? Meaning the SOB had previous knowledge of coach pervy abusing children on his campus? Oh man, this just gets worse and worse.
:jail:

Absolutely! He admitted to knowing about the 1998 incident, under oath.

RT @cvmikesisak: #Sandusky attorney attacks Victim 7, implying he's only remembering some details now after hiring an attorney.

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:20 PM

Picture McGettigan put on the board was of eight boys with Jerry. This photo was used before as many of the boys also have/will testify

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:19 PM

Just my opinion: so far many of the reasons the alleged victims gave for not speaking out sooner (cont) tl.gd

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:17 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xguD1VBc

#Sandusky lunchtime @ courthouse. Media waiting for atty for victim 7 Andrew Shubin

by astockey via twitter12:22 PM

Looks like we might be here until 5? RT @LC_Nichols: Court is recessed until 1:45. A bit longer than usual per technical issues. #Sandusky

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:21 PM

Asked how he's doing when he took the stand, "I'm here," the 27 year old said as his voice trailed off. #Sandusky trial

by audsnyder4 via twitter12:21 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1xguqMlXa

Just my opinion: so far many of the reasons the alleged victims gave for not speaking out sooner was b/c they enjoyed going to PSU football games. What's that say about our society and worshiping athletics? http://tl.gd/hqvj56 · Reply

Absolutely! He admitted to knowing about the 1998 incident, under oath.

I tell you, this pisses me off so #@%@% much. It's like the pedos in skirts, I mean, the "cardinals" covering up for perverted priests and moving them from church to church. :maddening:

I truly hope both Spanier and Schultz are charged strongly; both on perjury and 'accessory' to child molestation (if something like that exists).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess