Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all..new here...I suppose the new judge Scott can not now deny bail and throw sandusky in jail?? I also read that because of the Alamo Bowl, TX may have a shot at sandusky first...they will not have him out on bail, for sure!!

For certain ...
Sandusky will get the treatment he deserves in Texas.......JMHO..

BTW... :greetings::wagon:

Penn State Paid $28 Million To Another Company With Close Ties To Sandusky’s Charity Penn State paid Leonard S. Fiore, another family-owned local construction business, $28,373,655 in 2008 and 2009, according to the "Right to Know Reports" the school is required to file. Michael Fiore, a managing partner for Leonard S. Fiore, has been on The Second Mile's state board of directors for the last two years.

Some of the Penn State-related projects Fiore's company has worked on: a PSU research center, a PSU-owned community arts center, an addition to the Pattee Library, the Sarni tennis facility, and a little building called the Bryce Jordan Center: http://deadspin.com/5860972/penn-st...-company-with-close-ties-to-sanduskys-charity

Penn State Paid $28 Million To Another Company With Close Ties To Sandusky’s Charity Penn State paid Leonard S. Fiore, another family-owned local construction business, $28,373,655 in 2008 and 2009, according to the "Right to Know Reports" the school is required to file. Michael Fiore, a managing partner for Leonard S. Fiore, has been on The Second Mile's state board of directors for the last two years.

Some of the Penn State-related projects Fiore's company has worked on: a PSU research center, a PSU-owned community arts center, an addition to the Pattee Library, the Sarni tennis facility, and a little building called the Bryce Jordan Center: http://deadspin.com/5860972/penn-st...-company-with-close-ties-to-sanduskys-charity

This company, although closely affiliated with TSM, probably didn't know a thing EITHER, huh? Wonder how many contract dollars THEY'LL get from Penn State now that their monster has been exposed?

This Sandusky scandal looks more incestuous and more political by the day.

A lot of people had a lot of incentive to do nothing whatsoever.

http://deadspin.com/5860893/second-...-company-run-by-chairman-of-sanduskys-charity

A tidbit.

Per Edgar-Online.com Gerald A. Sandusky was on the board of directors for PARIS CORP as of 1/17/2002.

His share ownership was the lowest of any of the other directors and he appears at the bottom of the directors list.

"Gerald A. Sandusky was elected to the Board of Directors in February 2000. He was previously defensive coodinator(sic) of Penn State University Football since 1968. He is the founder and Chairman of the Board of the Second Mile Foundation."

WoW, I just googled Sandusky and Paris Corp. Lot's of interesting blogs and some really got me to thinking about the mob. Just like in politics when something filthy and dirty and criminal happens if the mob knows about it they can move in and take over whoever the like. This was a secret that there were a lot of hints out there but was covered up. I have a feeling we might just find out the team was really dirty and those big contracts where being skimmed.

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2011/11/20/penn-state-brand-suffering-on-the-market/

Sales of hats, shirts, and other items emblazoned with the Penn State name have plummeted about 40 percent overall compared with the same period last year, according to retailers and industry analysts.

A sporting goods store in the heart of State College said sales of Paterno-specific merchandise are up.

Also selling briskly is a new Penn State T-shirt that features a football helmet with a blue ribbon representing child abuse prevention, she said.

Five dollars from the sale of each shirt will be donated to the Let Go, Let Peace Come In Foundation, a Pennsylvania-based nonprofit that helps adult victims of childhood sexual abuse and is working with the attorney for several men who said they were victimized by Sandusky.

This company, although closely affiliated with TSM, probably didn't know a thing EITHER, huh? Wonder how many contract dollars THEY'LL get from Penn State now that their monster has been exposed?

Actually, if you read the link, Leonard Fiore Co. has been doing work for Penn State since before Michael Fiore served on the board of The Second Mile - no surprise, because they are a major construction firm in central PA.

I don't mean to dampen anyone's outrage, but I worry that we are tarring everyone with a very broad brush. While I am not connected to The Second Mile or any of the construction companies that are now being scrutinized, I did receive an undergraduate and graduate degree from Penn State, and I promise that I didn't know anything about Sandusky's horrific actions. In a later occupation, I even distributed Second Mile sponsored PSU football cards as rewards for student achievement; does that mean I had to be in the know?

I know it is tempting to try to make sinister linkages, but remember that both Penn State and the Second Mile are large businesses in Centre County, and there are going to be persons with ties to both - that does not warrant accusations of corruption or guilt against them until we have evidence of misbehavior or even suspicious behavior on their parts.

We have enough people in this terrible scandal to legitimately be disgusted with; we shouldn't slander those who may just have had misfortunate coincidental connections.

I responded to your post, Papa, but I don't mean to direct this just to you. I have seen a bunch of concerning posts on this thread, and I hope we can keep our focus.

The signs of this malignancy did not emerge overnight. Looking backward, there are moments that speak of the scandals to come. In 2003, less than one year after Paterno was told that Sandusky was raping children, he allowed a player accused of rape to suit up and play in a bowl game. Widespread criticism of this move was ignored. In 2006, Penn State's Orange Bowl opponent Florida State, sent home linebacker A.J. Nicholson, after accusations of sexual assault. Paterno's response, in light of recent events, is jaw-dropping. He said, "There's so many people gravitating to these kids. He may not have even known what he was getting into, Nicholson. They knock on the door; somebody may knock on the door; a cute girl knocks on the door. What do you do? Geez. I hope -- thank God they don't knock on my door because I'd refer them to a couple of other rooms."

Joanne Tosti-Vasey, president of Pennsylvania's National Organization for Women in Pennsylvania, was not amused. With chilling unintentional prescience, Tosti-Vasey responded, "Allegations of sexual assault should never be taken lightly Making light of sexual assault sends the message that rape is something to be expected and accepted." They called for Paterno's resignation and short of that, asked to dialogue with Paterno and the team. Neither Paterno nor anyone in the power at Penn State accepted the invitation.

This is the world Joe Pa made. It's a world where libraries, buildings, and statues bear his name It's a world where the school endowment now stands at over $1 billion dollars. It's a company town where moral posturing acted as a substitute for actual morality. In such an atmosphere, seeing the players and fans gather to bow their heads and mourn Saturday wasn't "touching" or "somber" or anything of the sort. It was just sad. It was sad because they still don't get it.

One PSU student, named Emily wrote the following to si.com's Peter King, "Truth is, if not for Paterno's philanthropy and moral code (until his fatal lapse of judgment), I and thousands of others wouldn't be here right now. If not for Paterno ".Pennsylvania State might still be an agriculture school and State College might be lucky if there were a Wal-Mart within a 30-mile radius. Paterno made a huge mistake, but that doesn't mean he's not a good man."

********. Emily's words ring as false as the apologists for the Vatican, Wall Street, the military command at Abu Ghraib and any industry deemed "too big to fail." The same moral code that Emily praises just can't be the same moral code that covers up child rape. To do so is to make the very notion of morality meaningless. Emily's gratitiude that her school isn't "30 miles from the nearest Wal-Mart" can't justify defending Paterno. To do so, makes you complicit in the crimes and the cover-up. It also ensures that such a thing could happen again.

On Saturday, while Matko endured physical and verbal rage of the PSU faithful, hundreds gathered around the Paterno statue outside the stadium, laying down flowers and gifts. The pain might run deeply in Happy Valley but the cancer runs deeper. To really move forward, the malignancy must be removed. Fire everyone. Shut down Happy Valley football for a year. Do whatever you have to do to make sure that the world Joe Paterno made has seen its last day. http://www.opednews.com/articles/Fan-Culture-Rape-Culture-by-Dave-Zirin-111114-328.html

Actually, if you read the link, Leonard Fiore Co. has been doing work for Penn State since before Michael Fiore served on the board of The Second Mile - no surprise, because they are a major construction firm in central PA.

I don't mean to dampen anyone's outrage, but I worry that we are tarring everyone with a very broad brush. While I am not connected to The Second Mile or any of the construction companies that are now being scrutinized, I did receive an undergraduate and graduate degree from Penn State, and I promise that I didn't know anything about Sandusky's horrific actions. In a later occupation, I even distributed Second Mile sponsored PSU football cards as rewards for student achievement; does that mean I had to be in the know?

I know it is tempting to try to make sinister linkages, but remember that both Penn State and the Second Mile are large businesses in Centre County, and there are going to be persons with ties to both - that does not warrant accusations of corruption or guilt against them until we have evidence of misbehavior or even suspicious behavior on their parts.

We have enough people in this terrible scandal to legitimately be disgusted with; we shouldn't slander those who may just have had misfortunate coincidental connections.

I responded to your post, Papa, but I don't mean to direct this just to you. I have seen a bunch of concerning posts on this thread, and I hope we can keep our focus.

I don't think we have slandered anyone. I do believe though this did not happen in a vacuum and any connections between the Second Mile and Penn State and business dealing need looked at. So far we have two companies receiving 60 million dollars in contracts in 2 years from Penn State with very close ties. This is public knowledge and is written about in the MSM. No reason we should not talk about it.

Paterno's remarks came a day before the Orange Bowl, when a reporter asked about Florida State linebacker A.J. Nicholson, who was accused of sexual assault and sent home before Tuesday's game.

Paterno replied by talking about past suspensions of Penn State players. He then added: "There's some tough -- there's so many people gravitating to these kids. He may not have even known what he was getting into, Nicholson. They knock on the door; somebody may knock on the door; a cute girl knocks on the door. What do you do?"

"Geez. I hope -- thank God they don't knock on my door because I'd refer them to a couple of other rooms," Paterno continued. "But that's too bad. You hate to see that. I really do. You like to see a kid end up his football career. He's a heck of a football player, by the way; he's a really good football player. And it's just too bad."

Tosti-Vasey issued a news release calling for Paterno to apologize and step down from the post he has held for 40 years. She sent an e-mail to Paterno and the university president the next day, but said Sunday she has not heard back from either.

"Allegations of sexual assault should never be taken lightly," the statement reads. "Making light of sexual assault sends the message that rape is something to be expected and accepted."

Penn State spokesman Bill Mahon said Sunday that Paterno's comments were taken out of context. A spokeswoman at the NOW headquarters in Washington said the organization's president, Kim Gandy, supports the call for Paterno's resignation.

Guido D'Elia, communications director for Penn State football, said Paterno made his remarks in the larger context of distractions in the bowl-game environment. Nor, he said, did Paterno intend to make light of the assault allegations.

"I think if you were present, you understood he meant no malice," D'Elia said Saturday. "If you heard his tone, he really thought it was too bad for everybody. He was concerned for everybody.".............................................................................................................................BBM Now that is a spin master if I have ever seen one. I tip my hat to Guido! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2284993

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Penn-State-paid-by-Jerry-Sandusky-charity-The-Second-Mile-for-use-of-facilities-as-recently-as-2009-111911

Penn State University received almost $250,000 for a series of sleepover camps in 2008 and 2009 run by the charity group founded by Jerry Sandusky — years after ex-athletic director Tim Curley imposed a ban on the accused child molester from entering the school's sports facilities and main campus.

Penn State apparently took money for the camps months after the mother of a high school freshman contacted authorities in the spring of 2008 saying her son had been abused by Sandusky.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2063820/Penn-State-scandal-Jerry-Sanduskys-charity-paid-250k-use-school-facilities.html

The ties between Penn State University and the charity founded by the schools' disgraced former assistant coach are now officially financial as well as familial.

Penn State University associate vice president for finance and business Daniel Sieminski said that the payments covered expenses for five weeks of camps.

'These funds paid for all the food, lodging, and miscellaneous expenses incurred by the University for these camps,' Mr Sieminski said to FoxNews.com via email.

'Camps were conducted in classrooms, the outdoor pool, outdoor fields, and Creamery,' he continued.

It is just disgusting that was allowed to continue for so many years after the top officials at PSU knew.

Thank you for your comment, and welcome to this discussion. The main purpose I have in the direction my posts are coming from, is trying to understand silence and lack of action by those who were in a position to, and likely knew of this monster's actions. With the seemingly public and wide open acts of Sandusky, it's very difficult for me to believe any board member of TSM wasn't "in the know" regarding this monster's abhorrent crimes against these children. Perhaps this is a broad brush I'm using in regards to the Fiore Company with Michael Fiore having only served 2 years on the TSM board, but how likely is he to be completely in the dark with a decades long history of abuse being presently exposed?

Bob Poole held his position for 17 years. How likely is it that he wasn't aware of what this monster was doing to these boys? According to the grand jury indictment, on at least 2 occasions, this freak raped two children in the showers with no locked door and the lights fully on! It seems only logical for me to conclude that he didn't exactly go out of his way to hide his actions. How could you possibly be in the inner circle of the commingling business affairs of Penn State and TSM for almost 2 decades and not know?

Why would an apparent large number of good men remain silent and allow this abuse to continue?

With the millions and millions of dollars involved, I have to believe a lot of people had a lot of incentive to do nothing whatsoever.

Snipped..

Never can tell...Could be... Does Ben and Jerry make the ice cream that is sold at the Creamery? JMHO

They've helped support a cop killer by giving money to aid his defense. Just saying.

RIP Officer Faulkner

In his book, Sandusky describes an exchange with a defiant boy in a psychiatric facility -- a child who initially welcomed his visits but grew cold toward him.

"You know, it's not right to treat people like this," Sandusky says he told the boy. "You should talk to me." He adds that the boy "laid into me, screaming from the top of his lungs, 'Get out of here! Get out of here!'"

This is from your CNN link Epiphany.
Very upsetting.

That is one of the most disturbing things I have ever read.

May that poor person be alive, well and getting help.

Detailed to the max. That's a timeline.

On the safe side that may have a few triggers in it. It did for me. Then again what don't over the years?

It never ceases to amaze me how a like that goes under the guise of helping a kid. Cracking a kids back. "Hey son, I'm gonna help ya out and crack your back". Freak.

Real helpful guy. Washes kids hair and rinses. Buys gifts. The ever coveted ciggies and weed.

No joke I'd like to Moe Eyepoke him, and crack something on him.

Since I'm on a rant I just have to ask where the he** was this wife when he'd visit the basement makeshift guest room? I know she isn't charged. I know, but your old man is down the basement way too often lady with young kids for crying in a bucket.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme