Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Penn State certainly not going to get its groove back by kicking Sue Paterno out of the campus pool.

I love this Bible verse:

Bible in Basic English
A curse is on you, scribes and Pharisees, false ones! for you are like the resting-places of the dead, which are made white, and seem beautiful on the outside, but inside are full of dead men's bones and of all unclean things.

http://bible.cc/matthew/23-27.htm

Truth be told, she and Joe Pa probably bought that campus pool and exercise facility for the university. (No, if this story is true, she shouldn't be using it now even if she and her husband donated it.)

Joe Pa has lent his name to multiple campaigns that raised $1.37 billion for the Penn State.

In 1984, Joe and his wife established the Paterno Libraries Endowment, which now has $4 million in the bank. Joe Pa and his wife personally gave $250,000 of their own money to that campaign. Later, Joe Pa and his wife co-chaired a library expansion campaign which raised another $14 million.

In 1998, Joe Pa and his wife gave $3.5 million to Penn State to endow faculty positions and scholarships and to support two building projects.

In 2009, Joe Pa and his wife donated $1 million to help expand Mount Nittany Medical Center (a 260 bed acute care public hospital which is the only hospital in that city).

Joe Pa and his wife gave $250,000 to build the Penn State All-Sports Museum.

Joe Pa and his wife recently donated $1 million for a chapel on Penn State campus.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...-coach-joe-paterno-continues-article-1.977598
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...e-joe-paterno-legacy/index.html#ixzz1eZkggc4t

Put all that gold on one side of the scale, then what do you put on the other side?

College football is just like any Hollywood entertainment. Paterno was just a director/producer.

Patriot-News editorial clouts New York Times for moving in on Victim One's identity:

On recent news stories about Jerry Sandusky and Victim One
---
Victim One told the grand jury that he had been victimized by Jerry Sandusky. Now he is being victimized again - this time, by a frenzied news media that essentially name the victim in the pursuit of salacious details.
the rest at pennlive.com link above

So Sad, too Bad...................... A source close to the Paterno family says Sue Paterno was told to leave a Penn State campus pool where she normally works out.

No reason was given, the source told The Patriot-News, and when reached by email, university spokesman Bill Mahon said, "I have heard nobody discuss this."

Sue Paterno is the wife of legendary former head football coach Joe Paterno, who was fired after allegations of child sexual abuse were filed against his former assistant Jerry Sandusky. http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/11/sue_paterno_told_she_cant_use.html

The story said she was told on Wednesday she couldn't use the facilities. A commentator pointed out the pool wasn't scheduled to be open today. Considering the university official doesn't know anything about this, what are the chances it was just a miscommunication?

Sandusky, from what I understand, is just a few months older than I am... I really can't attest to how bright he is or isn't but I will assume he is somewhat educated since he graduated from college....BTW.. I own a computer and even use it on a daily basis...JMHO....

He definitely had an email address and was using it as recently as June 2008 AND it was from a Penn State domain.

I know 2008 isn't all that recent but it was post-McQueary-witnessed locker room scene (March 2, 2002).

JVM just said the family member who made the complaint was JS's ex-daughter-in-law who got the restraining order. Not sure what her source is or if the victim is one of her 2 boys!! Maybe ex-daughter-in-law is just aware of some of JS's activites thru ex-husband or maybe ex-mother-in-law!!:waitasec:
Either way-I think JS's lawyer is going to have to address this and do some damage control-like that is possible!!!:furious:

Truth be told, she and Joe Pa probably bought that campus pool and exercise facility for the university. (No, if this story is true, she shouldn't be using it now even if she and her husband donated it.)

Joe Pa has lent his name to multiple campaigns that raised $1.37 billion for the Penn State.

In 1984, Joe and his wife established the Paterno Libraries Endowment, which now has $4 million in the bank. Joe Pa and his wife personally gave $250,000 of their own money to that campaign. Later, Joe Pa and his wife co-chaired a library expansion campaign which raised another $14 million.

In 1998, Joe Pa and his wife gave $3.5 million to Penn State to endow faculty positions and scholarships and to support two building projects.

In 2009, Joe Pa and his wife donated $1 million to help expand Mount Nittany Medical Center (a 260 bed acute care public hospital which is the only hospital in that city).

Joe Pa and his wife gave $250,000 to build the Penn State All-Sports Museum.

Joe Pa and his wife recently donated $1 million for a chapel on Penn State campus.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/c...-coach-joe-paterno-continues-article-1.977598
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/20...e-joe-paterno-legacy/index.html#ixzz1eZkggc4t

What a tangled web, and all that money, too!

Truly fascinating and such great posters on this thread.

Eve

Patriot-News editorial clouts New York Times for moving in on Victim One's identity:

----------

Yes, familiar with "revictimization." It probably will happen at the trial as well. This is why so many victims are reluctant to speak up.

May the Lord give strength to the victims and those hearing these cases.

It may be more torturous for the victims to hold the anger in, than in laying it on the line.

The court officials better not minimize or discount the victims.

I think it's time for people to just wake up and hold these officials accountable.

He definitely had an email address and was using it as recently as June 2008 AND it was from a Penn State domain.

I know 2008 isn't all that recent but it was post-McQueary-witnessed locker room scene (March 2, 2002).

Sandusky strikes me as bit too "old school" to be comfortable with email. We know he attempted 61 phone calls from his home phone to victim 1 and 57 phone calls from his cell phone to victim 1. Yet I don't remember any mention of emails in the Grand Jury presentment, and we know victim 1 used email because his track coach was fired over an email correspondence with the boy. JMO.

Re: this from your link -

In Wednesday's story in The New York Times, for example, a profile entitled "For a Reported Penn State Victim, a Search for Trust," reporters Nare Schweber and Jo Becker boast that they have interviewed "dozens" of Victim One's friends and teachers. The result is a profile so detailed that, even though they do not name him, googling certain information in the profile results in the young man's name within seconds.

I redacted two posts late, LATE last night (I'm on the West Coast) that were in reference to this same point. The article gave enough information to substantiate something I had read the night before the NY Times article was published.

In fact, I was so concerned about it that I woke my husband up to ask his opinion about emailing one of the writers. I ended up writing and there was a response waiting when I woke up this morning.

The editor of The Patriot-News is spot-on in his assessment of the situation regarding the young man's privacy. It has now been completely compromised (IMHO).

Sandusky strikes me as bit too "old school" to be comfortable with email. We know he attempted 61 phone calls from his home phone to victim 1 and 57 phone calls from his cell phone to victim 1. Yet I don't remember any mention of emails in the Grand Jury presentment, and we know victim 1 used email because his track coach was fired over an email correspondence with the boy. JMO.

There's a copy of one of his emails on the internet. I referenced it again when I posted a few moments ago and I think it has been posted here as well. Of course, it could have been an anomaly. :)

As far as his intelligence level goes, I keep going back to this:

http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...pg=683,7744939&dq=gerald+sandusky+druid&hl=en

On the other hand, his EQ (emotional intelligence) strikes me as being equivalent to that of a 5th or 6th grader.

--------

There's a more immediate and direct emotional and physical connection to someone over the phone, even if only by voice. That is the control factor here.

Well, that just says it all! :banghead:

I used to tutor athletes when I was a college student, and believe me, it is another world beyond the ordinary university life. At our university, they had their own dorms, cafeteria (with steak instead of fish sticks), tutors, and the coaches were more like parents than teachers. One year the English professors were complaining because the basketball schedule gave the athletes more excused absences than other students, but they were told too bad, so sad. Sports comes first.

Sounds a lot like Congress, doesn't it? :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Eve

I hope I do not come off as harsh, but if your husband is fired from his job and one of the perks of said husband's job was use of a facility associated with that job - such as a pool or exercise equipment club - why would a wife think she could still use those facilities after her husband was fired?

Historically, once the king is deposed, he and his family no longer get to live in the castle.

I hope I do not come off as harsh, but if your husband is fired from his job and one of the perks of said husband's job was use of a facility associated with that job - such as a pool or exercise equipment club - why would a wife think she could still use those facilities after her husband was fired?

Historically, once the king is deposed, he and his family no longer get to live in the castle.

I recently read that Joe Paterno met his wife-to-be at the Penn State library. She was a freshman at Penn State - he was/is 13 years her senior. He waited until she graduated to marry her.

http://www.playerwives.com/tag/sue-paterno/

That said, all she has known since her freshman year of college is Penn State. I don't say that to minimize her life and/or her accomplishments - not in the least. I'm just guessing the woman is in a state of shock (of sorts).

qLMRz.jpg
[/IMG]

Denial of the deposing?

Well, I have an alumni e-mail address and Sandusky is eligible for one as well.

Their website states that the indoor pools were CLOSED today and tomorrow. (Notice that the story does not give any names either. It is likely to be bs.)
http://www.athletics.psu.edu/rec/nat/documents/NatGridSchedule.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member