Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news. ^
Penn State is one of the largest public universities in the USA. It will be challenging to find people outside of Penn State's "6 degrees of separation" who will not appear to be biased towards Penn State or its football connections.

Three out of four attended Penn State; one was with the same firm as District Judge Dutchcot. They are not taking any chances.

If this had kept up, we'd need a flow chart. :)

He also took them on out-of-town trips to "use the shower". :(

I've noticed from several older articles and recent media coverage the mention of 'pools' has come up frequently as well. It seems like water locations were/are one of his preferred locations to access his victims.

(my wording isn't good on this post but you know what I mean hopefully)

Yes, you're right, looks like a reporter's error on Spanier. How that qualifies as "spin" is debatable.

As for the informal get-together, it looks like exactly that - a booster's club function at the end of a successful wrestling season with a "brief program" and casual dress. If that's "a huge party," Penn State's party standards would seem limited.

President Spanier and athletic director Curley were at a function on campus in 2011 also attended by Jerry Sandusky, years after Sandusky was allegedly banned, according to Spanier and Curley, for activities in a Penn State shower. That the ban was unenforceable and that no one limited Sandusky's on-campus visits and that the president and athletic director of the university were at this event, as was Sandusky - this all speaks for itself.

You know something that really bothers me about all of this party affair? I looked at each person and each face in every picture in this article. Here's a room full of people who probably bleed Penn State blue. Several of them are probably parents, possibly of 10 year old boys. They are in the same room with a pervert, accused of raping little boys, who is also likely to inflict enormous damage to the university they love as well.

Why are they all smiling? Why doesn't someone look like they're pizzed off? I'm not necessarily saying someone should have beat the crap out of his sorry azz like I would have, but how in the hell are they having such a grand ole time? Sandusky is grinning from ear to ear as if HE were the guest of honor or something.

I just don't understand.

How did they inform Sandusky that he was not to enter the athletic facilities anymore? I want to see this correspondence (which you know doesn't exist). What did the President do? Did he send him an email or pull Sandusky aside stating, "Hey dude! It is like really uncool to rape little boys in the university's showers so you can't go in there anymore. K?"

Hmm, I thought Sandusky wasn't banned from using the athletic facilities himself, but rather banned from bringing young boys with him to the facilities. In other words - "Jerry, do this on your own turf. Not here."

Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

just my O

The grand jury investigation took THREE YEARS! Not acceptable, Gov. Corbett!
Thank you for saying it!!! It's ridiculous that it took this long....geezus. All I can do at this point is ask WHY??? it took so long. Kids were being raped/abused and these cases were drug out for years. NOT acceptable.....period!

Thank you for saying it!!! It's ridiculous that it took this long....geezus. All I can do at this point is ask WHY??? it took so long. Kids were being raped/abused and these cases were drug out for years. NOT acceptable.....period!

You're right. Entirely too long. But, whatever the reason, I'm sure it had to do with $ MONEY.

just my O

"My concern is if they bring new charges based upon new people coming forth, that bail's going to be set, and he's going to wind up in jail," Amendola told ABC.

The preliminary hearing for Sandusky, who is accused of sexually abusing eight boys over a 15-year period, is now set for Tuesday for Dec. 13 in Bellefonte. It was originally set for December 7.
http://www.myfoxphilly.com/dpp/sports/penn_state/report:-newer-victims-in-sandusky-case-112211

He should have had his sorry a-- sitting in jail already. I'm still trying to understand WHY this child rapist is allowed to walk free and enjoy another holiday :waitasec:. WHY does his hearing date keep getting moved? Hope this predator is NOT getting preferential treatment.

Hmm, I thought Sandusky wasn't banned from using the athletic facilities himself, but rather banned from bringing young boys with him to the facilities. In other words - "Jerry, do this on your own turf. Not here."

Then again, maybe I'm wrong.

just my O
The "ban" was "unenforceable" which I still DO NOT understand that excuse. I am waiting patiently for someone with PS (or any legal entity) to explain why that 'ban" was NOT enforceable :waitasec:.

There's something else I've noticed and I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post about it (mods ?) but.....what pictures and articles are available so far don't seem to have much mention of Jer's wife or any pictures of her with him celebrating.....game wins, 2nd Mile, fund raisers, etc.

Regarding the allegations, "we have answers for each of those," Amendola said. He added that of the eight cases against Sandusky, the two victims tied to the most serious allegations are unknown.

Prosecutors "have no victims. They have other people that are saying they saw something happen, but they don't actually have people saying, 'This is what Jerry did to me,' " Amendola said.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/22/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-scandal/index.html

Huh? The boy from Mills Hall told police and CPS that Sandusky raped him even after the principal, Karen Probst, encouraged him not to talk about "that great man".

There's something else I've noticed and I'm not sure if it's appropriate to post about it (mods ?) but.....what pictures and articles are available so far don't seem to have much mention of Jer's wife or any pictures of her with him celebrating.....game wins, 2nd Mile, fund raisers, etc.
She was busy standing by her man and trying to call a young man who didn't want any further grooming by her husband.
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x2281384

Regarding the allegations, "we have answers for each of those," Amendola said. He added that of the eight cases against Sandusky, the two victims tied to the most serious allegations are unknown.

Prosecutors "have no victims. They have other people that are saying they saw something happen, but they don't actually have people saying, 'This is what Jerry did to me,' " Amendola said.
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/22/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-scandal/index.html

Huh? The boy from Mills Hall told police and CPS that Sandusky raped him even after the principal, Karen Probst, encouraged him not to talk about "that great man".

I think that there will be problems with the charges around Victim 8 (2000). They don't have a victim and the eyewitness has dementia. Unless the victim comes forward, that one could be tossed.

Some of the alleged attacks are believed to have occurred in the couple's home.
So how, many ask, could Dottie Sandusky not have known?
"I've seen it both ways," clinical social worker Farlie Chastain says. "In which the family knows and is in denial."
http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/16020867/serial-child-sex-abuse-what-could-sanduskys-wife-have-known

Sandusky was a fixated pedophile though. (There are different types of pedos and people who chose children for their sexual gratification.) This means Sandusky only had a sexual interest in children. IMO, Dottie knew because her husband was not interested in her or other women. She may have rationalized his lack of sexual interest as many different things (side effects of blood pressure medicine, the stress of his job, blamed her own appearance, and etc...) but she definitely knew her husband was not sexually "normal".

Pensfan
_______
verified psychiatric mental health nurse

I think there's gonna be problems with all the cases. God be with and help them all. I hope all the victims remember the only shame is on (and with) the perpetrator of the crimes.....not them! I hope the victims remain steadfast through all this and become the main reason this predator finally gets put away. He's not the only one that needs to be prosecuted though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman