Penn State Sandusky scandal: AD arrested, Paterno, Spanier fired; coverup charged #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It bothers me he is out because justice will not be served if someone kills him or he kills himself.

It also scares me that they will go with a plea bargain. I saw victims one's attorney say if it was the right sentence they would be happy with a plea deal. I am sure all the attorneys who are going to sue would be happy to seen Sandusky not have to spend the money on defense.

I want a full trial with all the evidence layed out. If there is a deal all the testimony so far and even the 1998 100 page report will remain sealed.

What's it gonna take for the powers that be to realize this monster needs to be locked up NOW? Are they actually under the delusion that he is gonna be a good boy while out on these ridiculous bonds? Does the Governor think, for a moment, that no children were molested by this freak during the TWO YEARS he only had one trooper "investigating" while he was AG? How many more victims will it take to get theiir attention?

What more proof of this animal's obsession and devious methods do they need than this newest article?

Two Juniata College football players tell CBS 21 News that Sandusky was actively involved with the Eagles program in 2010, even though his volunteer coaching application was rejected because a background check revealed he was being investigated at a Clinton County High School.

The players say he was there during every game of the season -- even at home games, despite the school's former athletic director reiterating to the head coach that Sandusky was to have no connection with the team.

"How do you not know he's here?" asked the second player in amazement. "It's not like the press box is some closed-off area. You just turn your head (around) and look up (into the windows)...you see all the coaches in the press box."

The players say Sandusky would wait in the press box until after the game and would leave once the stadium had cleared.

http://www.whptv.com/news/local/sto...s-Juniata-College/GemajxS3mkGwHLfChNsgtw.cspx

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

FINALLY, mr lawyer has said something I feel is 100% correct.

I do, however, suspect a diffirence of opinion as to who will like it and who won't. :floorlaugh:

Actually, no. In the case of Victim 6, it is Sandusky's comments that he's going have to defend against. As I've said, he's going to have a problem with Victim 1 and Victim 6.

Mr. Amendola is an exceptionally good defense attorney; he might be my second or third choice if I wanted one in Centre County (and my first choice can't do it because she's the DA). I have to say it, though. I think he's in over his head.

Sandusky paused outside the courthouse to say, "We fully intend to put together the best possible defense that we can do, to stay the course, to fight for four quarters... We want the opportunity to present our side."

This man is delusional, he still thinks this is a game.

To him, it's probably like using a time-out to make your opponent nervous before he kicks the game-winning field goal. This is a common football strategy employed late in games to put more pressure on an opponent.

These young men would have been nervous in today's preliminary hearing, of course, but the burden of proof is far lower for the prosecution, so a witness could stumble a bit from nerves and it wouldn't hurt the case.
Now they have to endure a long wait until trial, and the Sandusky side can go all-out in their publicity quest to paint them as liars. The nervousness level will double at least by the time the trial starts.

I expect another big "interview" with Sandusky soon. His wife will probably be sitting there holding his hand and saying she doesn't understand why these men would want to persecute such a wonderful man.

By Tommy Craggs and Dom Cosentino

Joe Amendola, the attorney for Jerry Sandusky who thus far has been lawyerin' like a man who got his J.D. from the bottom of a cereal box, did some more lawyerin' in front of the cameras this morning.

http://deadspin.com/5867633/

I'm REALLY liking these guy's thought process! :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

To him, it's probably like using a time-out to make your opponent nervous before he kicks the game-winning field goal. This is a common football strategy employed late in games to put more pressure on an opponent.

These young men would have been nervous in today's preliminary hearing, of course, but the burden of proof is far lower for the prosecution, so a witness could stumble a bit from nerves and it wouldn't hurt the case.
Now they have to endure a long wait until trial, and the Sandusky side can go all-out in their publicity quest to paint them as liars. The nervousness level will double at least by the time the trial starts.

I expect another big "interview" with Sandusky soon. His wife will probably be sitting there holding his hand and saying she doesn't understand why these men would want to persecute such a wonderful man.

I think we are going to start hearing stuff from some of the victims now.

I think we are going to start hearing stuff from some of the victims now.

I am really hoping the victims gain some confidence...I have a feeling that JS is going to come out swinging at them.

You know, he had control over them before and he things he can regain that control...it is time for that control to end!!!

InSession In Session
#Sandusky will not be attending the arraignment that was scheduled for January 2012. He entered a plea of #notguilty today. #PennState
2 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Can someone explain why he won't be attending? Lack of sleep or lack of coffee but I am confused...

Earlier this morning after Sandusky waived his right to the preliminary hearing someone from the DA's office spoke. He stated that Sandusky's bond WOULD NOT BE CHANGED.

Could this be the simple motive for Sandusky and his attorney waiver at the last moment? After the details of the hearing went on for a day or two would it have been possible for him to be held on a higher bond?

And if any other victims come forward could Sandusky be rearrested and the bond be raised yet again?

Could this all have happened so that Sandusky could remain free on the $250,000 bond for Christmas and through the New Year?

Sandusky paused outside the courthouse to say, "We fully intend to put together the best possible defense that we can do, to stay the course, to fight for four quarters... We want the opportunity to present our side."

This man is delusional, he still thinks this is a game.
His choice of words is interesting. Particularly when he says "our side". Shouldn't that be "my side" instead since he's the only person being charged?

I listened to Amendola's reasoning for waiving the hearing BUT.....what I don't understand is WHY they waited til the nth hour to do it after considerable time, money and resources went into preparing for the hearing. Why didn't they waive his right two weeks ago?

Sara Ganim on HLN said one of the reasons Sandusky waived his right to the preliminary hearing was his attorney feared additional charges. I don't understand how that's possible, but that's what she said.

His choice of words is interesting. Particularly when he says "our side". Shouldn't that be "my side" instead since he's the only person being charged?

I listened to Amendola's reasoning for waiving the hearing BUT.....what I don't understand is WHY they waited til the nth hour to do it after considerable time, money and resources went into preparing for the hearing. Why didn't they waive his right two weeks ago?
I think Amendola loves to get on TV.

The Pittsburgh Post Gazette on-line is reporting that Schultz and Curley will not waive their right to a preliminary hearing which is scheduled for Friday, Dec. 16, 2011.

Jerry Sandusky is 'just a very naive guy,' lawyer says

Jerry Sandusky's lawyer, Joe Amendola, said his client is "just a very naive guy" whose relationships with children have been misunderstood.

Sandusky has said that he's showered with and was affectionate with children, but says his actions have been misconstrued.

"I grew up in an Italian family where we all hugged and kissed everybody. Grandparents patted our butts. It wasn't about sex," Amendola said today.
Did you shower with your aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. when you were 13 years old Amendola??? Guess you wouldn't have a problem with your kids showering with Sandusky would you Joe?

Did you shower with your aunts, uncles, grandparents, etc. when you were 13 years old Amendola??? Guess you wouldn't have a problem with your kids showering with Sandusky would you Joe?

Not for nothing but my Grandpa didn't pat my butt and neither did my Grandma. Maybe when I was an infant. NOT when I was 9 or ten. There was also no naked showering...though I was taught that things like that were inappropriate. Where do they get these flipping people?

It just burns me that no reporter has asked Sandusky if he showered with his own sons and daughter. They just let him say anything he wants. Pure cowards.

I am watching Nancy Grace on HLN, she is nailing exactly what is going on. Called BS on people saying McQuearys testimony is in question now. She said it was story put out by defense.

Sandusky and his defense managed to abuse the victims again by forcing them to appear in a tiny town full of reporters believing that they would testify today. :furious:

It is very possible that the prosecution would have asked for Sandusky to be held without bail after the many victims testified to this judge. This could be another reason why Amendola waived the hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firminouk