Penn State Sandusky Trial #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I say-5 hrs for verdict!!!

Good morning all, and I'm thinking they'll come back before the weekend unless they're split. So, eight hours?

Verdict watches always put me on edge, especially after last year. Please let these people have more common sense than that "other" jury!

Ya, maybe it doesn't and that's why I can't find it! :)

Ya, even IS is just blah blah blah rehashing stuff from the trail. Thank goodness for our fellow twitter followers who post updates during break.

sleuths rock!:rocker:

In Session ‏@InSession

The defense is giving their closing argument right now. Dottie #Sandusky is sitting in the first row behind her husband.
Expand

Retweet
Favorite

I would assume (only guessing, no data to back me up) that a sequestered jury will take less time for a verdict since they have nothing else to do (i.e. can't go home, probably can't watch tv or go on computer).

I think the jury will get hung up on the notion of intent with regards to some of the lesser charges and things will take awhile. I say they deliberate through the the next couple of days and take their time to sift through things. They'll go back and forth, possibly concede on some of the lesser charges to get everyone onboard with the overall group decision and come back around noon Monday. Verdict? Guilty on most of the counts, not all.

if i'm a juror i'm not hung up on intent on a lessor charge if I'm buying the more serious one.

if he raped them, then his intent was rape when he groomed them for the rape.

otoh, if i were a juror and another juror wanted to trade a NG on a lessor for a guilty on a more serious, I;d do it..

Vinnie gets it...hes nailing Jean right now. they either got raped and are telling the truth or they didnt.

Jean goes bacvk to part B...intent...big drama....what if the defense argues that mike mcqueary saw JS washing the childs back because hes a good guy.

vinnie says...common sense....its beyond anythiong...mike brooks hopes the jury uses their common sense.

i'm sure jean would like to break in and say...yeah but maybe jerrys intent in deviant sexual intercorse was loving...you cant really know.

love me some VINNY. he makes a good point and insists it be answered.

I'm curious about JS/DS son Matt. Since it was reported this a.m. (via the Today show) he would testify against JS if JS took the stand, why wouldn't the state call him as a witness regardless?

I would assume (only guessing, no data to back me up) that a sequestered jury will take less time for a verdict since they have nothing else to do (i.e. can't go home, probably can't watch tv or go on computer).

I agree. I'm so glad they will be sequestered while they deliberate-- and, they will be working through the weekend. So, that's a lot of time, if they need to take it. mo

I know the jurors should not do this-but they might not want to work on the weekend & be away from family-so the verdict will be quick..JMO

I'm curious about JS/DS son Matt. Since it was reported this a.m. (via the Today show) he would testify against JS if JS took the stand, why wouldn't the state call him as a witness regardless?

i ahve NO idea...i also have NO idea why the state would agree to not call the son ij Jerry doesnt testify..as IS reported...

that really baffles me.

IS has the mod snip on that picked the ICA jury.

he doesnt like the JS jury for JS's benefit.

basically this is the guy responsible for getting casey anthony freed

imo.

Ya, even IS is just blah blah blah rehashing stuff from the trail. Thank goodness for our fellow twitter followers who post updates during break.

sleuths rock!:rocker:

Just jumping off your post to say thanks to the wonderful posters who are keeping me updated on this case!!

I don't post but have been following along! You rock! Thank you! :rocker:

on the InSession FB page, one of the trolls(sandusky supporter) yesterday claimed that the prosecution hired *advertiser censored* stars to act as victims...SMDH

i agree witrh the mod snip that this jury is not gonna like JS

he pizzed on their house

he brought a (so called) saint down

vengance is ours

the mod snip thinks it was a mistake to leave the trial in HV

me too

From what I understand, Matt was a rebuttal witness for the pros if Jerry testified. Per J. J,. Matt witnessed Jer and one of the boys (maybe at the alamo bowl. (can't recall which 'alleged' victim) IDK if this would have opened Matt up to questions about his youth or questions about Jer's interaction with the grandchildren.

Perhaps someone with better knowledge of PA law can chime in.

(I have alot of ???s about MS)

moo

wm

I don't understand.

why would the SA NOT want Sandusky to testify? This makes NO sense to me. Ryan from In Session explained in his chat yesterday that atty's dream of the opportunity to cross examine a defendant. We have already seen how JS comes across in an interview situation, and its definitely NOT GOOD for him. Plus it is evident from his demeanor througout this trial, in addition to his attitude in the NBC interview, that JS would be an easy touch for a skilled atty.

SO, why in the world would the state take a strong witness like a son off the table to not have Sandusky testfy?

Any ideas?

I was just reading back and can't find where this information comes from, that the SA did not want JS to testify?...is there a link or was it on TV? TIA

Thanks for all the updates, Quiche and everybody else!

I think and hope the verdict comes fairly soon...couple of days at least so people will know they really took time to consider the charges but not long enough to indicate a lot of indecision.

I was just reading back and can't find where this information comes from, that the SA did not want JS to testify?...is there a link or was it on TV? TIA

Thanks for all the updates, Quiche and everybody else!

I think and hope the verdict comes fairly soon...couple of days at least so people will know they really took time to consider the charges but not long enough to indicate a lot of indecision.

gotta say i just picked it up this am..i'll go back and look...makes no sense to me...

there is much talk about it on the IS fb page:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/events/310444289049637/312138768880189/?notif_t=plan_mall_activity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennifercockle