Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree. My husband used to work child sex crimes (which all the detectives hated, btw) and he says exactly this. He even said that he'd heard the phrase "he treated me like a girlfriend" so many times, it was frightening. "Big kid" my ash. My husband still has nightmares over the crap grown men do to little kids. :maddening: You never get it out of your head. I cannot imagine living it. :moo:

I'm probably going to be offending everyone today but describing a pedophile as a just a big kid who is into little kids because that's simply his mental age, his peer group, is what apologists for pedophiles always say.

It is a misconception. Sandusky is NOT a little kid or mentally stunted or emotionally retarded. He is a cunning, sociopathic predator who manipulated his young victims and their families (you better believe he wasn't just a "big, goofy kid" when it came to the parents of these victims), and later used the same techniques to try to manipulate the public and the jury. That failed.

Being able to snow young children with the act of being the kindly father figure or fun "uncle" or big brother, and being able to snow potentially concerned adults around those victims with the facade of the noble man who cares about and wants to rescue the hurt, is part of the game for these sickos. It is a diabolical part of their act and they get off on it.

Sandusky's letters to his young victim did not display, IMO, the mindset of an emotionally immature person who feels on par mentally with his victim. They showed a frightening monster who knew how to push his victim's buttons and who was trying, desperately, to maintain his psychological hold, via techniques that worked before, such as guilt trips and reminders of what were supposed to be innocent, father-son memories that his victim so needed to have and would have treasured had they not been irrevocably destroyed through the reality of child rape.

Pedophile are not adults who never grew up. They are evil monsters who relish catching weaker, defenseless prey and slowly destroying that prey. Make no mistake about that.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y-1wGScj3ag"]Mike McQueary and the Penn State Code of Ethics - YouTube[/ame]

A comical take on a serious issue.

The way I see it: the pedophile is in jail. One of the pedophile's enablers is dead --- and I am pretty damn happy about those two facts. Up next, the rest of the Penn State administration and that horrible woman.

wikipedia...

Joseph Vincent "Joe" Paterno (/pəˈtɜrnoʊ/; December 21, 1926 – January 22, 2012), often referred to as "JoePa", was an American college football coach who was the head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions for nearly 46 years, from 1966 through 2011.[1] At the time of his death he held the record for the most victories by an NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) football coach with 409 and was the only FBS coach to reach 400 victories.[2] He coached five undefeated teams that won major bowl games and, in 2007, was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a coach. In November 2011, he was fired by the university as a result of the child sex abuse scandal at Penn State.[3]

contrast the bolded fact with the unbolded....in the end, what JP did in the sandusky affair cost him his job and tarnished his legacy. he was fired in the middle of the season, immediately after he instructed the board of directors not to concern themselves with HIM any longer, that he would retire at the end of the year. he was then fired. after 46 years and ALL that success, in the middle of the season.

If JP did enough in the sandusky matter, considering his legacy, why was he fired? one would think it would take a lot to get a legend fired.

btw, beware of marci hamilton. she thinks there was something rotten in happy valley and she is out to find out what it was. she just compared penn state university to the catholic church as regards its reaction to the sandusky matter.

This may have already been posted (regarding a possible appeal related to the Costas interview):

Sandusky lawyers may use NBC tape error in appeal

Lawyers for Jerry Sandusky sought a mistrial before his conviction for child sex abuse on the grounds that prosecutors showed jurors an inaccurate version of a bombshell NBC News interview with the former football coach, and the mistake may now form part of the basis for an appeal. Continues at Reuters - http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/24/us-usa-crime-sandusky-nbc-idUSBRE85N0OR20120624

WOW JUST WOW...

the PA legislature passed a bill last night that allows a jury to hear from a psycholgical expert as to the impact of child sexual assault on the victims....

even though it was perfectly Ok for the defense team to have a PAID psychological expert tesify about the perps alleged psycho probel...HPD.

wow...just wow...

do criminals nationwide know about the pennsylvania legal system? if not, they should.

This may have already been posted (regarding a possible appeal related to the Costas interview):

Sandusky lawyers may use NBC tape error in appeal

Lawyers for Jerry Sandusky sought a mistrial before his conviction for child sex abuse on the grounds that prosecutors showed jurors an inaccurate version of a bombshell NBC News interview with the former football coach, and the mistake may now form part of the basis for an appeal. Continues at Reuters - http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/24/us-usa-crime-sandusky-nbc-idUSBRE85N0OR20120624

yeah nbc left out the incriminating part. free jer!!!!

Joe Paterno was a Department head? Kinda like in charge of the shoes at WalMart? LOL LOL

Joe Paterno WAS Penn State football.

I'd take it a step farther and say he was Penn State, period. He was not only the face of the football program, he was the face of the athletic program and the face of the university. I don't see how this can be disputed, look at the reaction to students/alumni in the days when this whole thing came out and everyone believed JoePa was taking the fall for what Sandusky did (which I do not believe is true).

The fact of the matter is JP could of and should of done more then simply 'reporting' it. Even JP himself admitted to this, how he was sorry that more wasn't done.

wikipedia...

Joseph Vincent "Joe" Paterno (/pəˈtɜrnoʊ/; December 21, 1926 – January 22, 2012), often referred to as "JoePa", was an American college football coach who was the head coach of the Penn State Nittany Lions for nearly 46 years, from 1966 through 2011.[1] At the time of his death he held the record for the most victories by an NCAA Division I Football Bowl Subdivision (FBS) football coach with 409 and was the only FBS coach to reach 400 victories.[2] He coached five undefeated teams that won major bowl games and, in 2007, was inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame as a coach. In November 2011, he was fired by the university as a result of the child sex abuse scandal at Penn State.[3]

contrast the bolded fact with the unbolded....in the end, what JP did in the sandusky affair cost him his job and tarnished his legacy. he was fired in the middle of the season, immediately after he instructed the board of directors not to concern themselves with HIM any longer, that he would retire at the end of the year. he was then fired. after 46 years and ALL that success, in the middle of the season.

If JP did enough in the sandusky matter, considering his legacy, why was he fired? one would think it would take a lot to get a legend fired.

btw, beware of marci hamilton. she thinks there was something rotten in happy valley and she is out to find out what it was. she just compared penn state university to the catholic church as regards its reaction to the sandusky matter.

BBM -- what cost that man his job and tarnished his legacy was being a cover-upper of a pedophile And I concur, what Paterno & Co. did is pretty much the same thing the Catholic hierarchy does: deny, deny, deny. I hope all of them burn in hell --- or in general population.

I haven't posted or kept current on this topic for several months but I remain curious about the principal at victim #1's high school. Back in November she seemed (almost) immune to news coverage/scrutiny.

I'm also curious about how things will turn out for Graham Spanier. He apparently remains a tenured, paid professor at Penn State, taking a yearlong sabbatical to work on National Security. He's currently suing Penn State for copies of emails uncovered by Louis Freeh . . . something about "the humane thing to do" (a possible reference to Jerry Sandusky).

Then there's Tim Curley - still on administrative PAID leave?

Gary Schultz - back into retirement and receiving $28,000 a month in pension (roughly $331,000 a year).

I assume Jerry Sandusky will continue to receive his $58,000 a year pension.

We were speculating after the verdict the other night that Jerry should flip on all of them to get perks in jail. He has nothing else to lose and his appeal probably won't work.

Curley and Schultz are up on perjury charges soon.

A hearing for former high-ranking Penn State administrators Tim Curley and Gary Schultz, facing perjury charges related to the Jerry Sandusky child sexual abuse case, is set for 1 p.m. July 11 at the Dauphin County Courthouse.

The Commonwealth must provide the defense responses to discovery requests by Aug. 1, and filing of defense pre-trial motions has been extended to Sept. 17, according to a court order.

Curley and Schultz, who also are facing charges of failure to report, have maintained their innocence. Curley is the school's former athletic director, Schultz a former vice president for business and finance.

http://www.statecollege.com/news/lo...ted-to-sandusky-case-set-for-july-11-1062543/

The way I see it: the pedophile is in jail. One of the pedophile's enablers is dead --- and I am pretty damn happy about those two facts. Up next, the rest of the Penn State administration and that horrible woman.

That really says it all. :)

I've heard commentary that perhaps the reaction has been too strong on MM, since he did in fact report it, not only to his father but to JP. I'm not sure how I feel about that. That's an incredible bad situation to be in, witnessing something like that and I know we all say exactly what we would do but sometimes that doesn't always equate to what exactly would happen in a real world scenario.

Lets hope that report coming out in Aug. answers many of our questions.

I am infuriated that, considering the immense human and real costs of that trial, Amendola can get away with trying to set up a mistrial by saying that Sandusky is entitled to one partly due to his own and Rominger's pigheaded mouthy actions.
What's Amendoal on? Watching his media interview that night (not on the court steps)- dilated pupils, sniffing and twitching his upper lip throughout- coke?

Here is a chart of the sentencing guidelines:

http://www.penn-law.com/lawyer-attorney-1831194.html

If I understand correctly, if the judge would follow the guidelines, and sentence Sandusky concurrently to all charges, it would be 10 years +/- 1 year, with being eligible for parole 5 1/2 years, +/- 6 months.

I would suspect that the judge will probably sentence Sandusky to some of the felonies consecutively. My guess looking at that possibility is that it will be ten years on 2-3 of the IDSI counts consecutively, the rest concurrently.

bbm

Is this guess based on anything?

There were five different victims on which he was found guilty of IDSI, for eight counts in total. If Cleland chose only two or three of those, he would essentially be telling the remaining victims that their victimization was of less significance than the others. I could see multiple counts for the same victim being concurrent, but I really doubt any of these victims being disregarded during sentencing.
Also, the time elapsed between IDSI guilty verdicts stretches from the first victim to the last -- the full fifteen years. A crime spree that long gives no judge a reason for leniency.
Of all the decisions Cleland has made during the proceedings, most have fallen in favour of the prosecution, another reason to think he won't go easy on Sandusky.
There's a rationale that the life expectancy of the perp can affect sentencing but again, that relegates the victims to being less important than the perp, something I just don't see happening.

bbm

Is this guess based on anything?

There were five different victims on which he was found guilty of IDSI, for eight counts in total. If Cleland chose only two or three of those, he would essentially be telling the remaining victims that their victimization was of less significance than the others. I could see multiple counts for the same victim being concurrent, but I really doubt any of these victims being disregarded during sentencing.
Also, the time elapsed between IDSI guilty verdicts stretches from the first victim to the last -- the full fifteen years. A crime spree that long gives no judge a reason for leniency.
Of all the decisions Cleland has made during the proceedings, most have fallen in favour of the prosecution, another reason to think he won't go easy on Sandusky.
There's a rationale that the life expectancy of the perp can affect sentencing but again, that relegates the victims to being less important than the perp, something I just don't see happening.

its based om JJ's belief that sandsuky is going to get a slap on the wrist because other perverts have. his focus ignores the realities of this case.

but ya gotta give JJ a pat on the back for independence, because no commentators agree with him. still he persists.

Jerry what are you doing in there?

the psycho expert (fran sherman) believes dottie didnt know the anser to that question when she asked it.

why would she shout it out before she entered a sex scene location if she didnt know she needed to.

1. like in the basement

or

2. in the hotel at the alamo bowl.

it is clearly a shout out to stop the abuse because I'm here. its NOT a question and she never expected an answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper