Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotta sign off. See ya all late tonight. Prayers for the Jurors. Praying they dont have Pinella 12 brains :please:

Re: The poll. I voted for 4-8 hours, but a verdict sometime tomorrow would be alright with me. DH and I are leaving Saturday morning for a long weekend (our anniversary) on Mackinac Island where we won't have internet access. We'll have cable TV and can watch CNN/HLN, but I'd miss being here with fellow 'sleuthers to discuss the verdict.

Happy Anniversary!!! Mine is next week (28th)....10 short years :)

Not to sound stupid, but what exactly is pedobear?

ETA: question comes from twitter pics of someone in a teddy bear costume.

Maybe due to the twitter crash but all the prosecutor's closing is gone from WTAE for now, but I remember reading that McGettigan brought out that the defense only asked about dates, times of the offenses, not about the particular actions of JS when questioning the victims.

He said this is because they knew that the vicitms were ready to fight them with even more information about what JS had done.

It's back up and here's the quote:

McGettigan (cont'd): Spectrum of witnesses. Witnesses have different capacities for recollection. And different facilities for speaking. Fear, nervousness, difficult task all impact how people testify. (Explaining why some witnesses were weak on stand). Don’t assume a witness was lying if they appeared nervous.

Memories were buried.

Defense counsel never asked about abuse, intercourse, never asked about that. He asked about other things…reason he didn’t ask about specific instances is because…sometimes witnesses fight back and give more details about crimes.

by WTAE.com/ Web staff 1:14 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1ySjHIqKL

------

This comment by Amendola is supposed to explain why JS didn't testify....very weak...a TV interviewer compared to the prosecutor? Doesn't hack it with me....the defense team was very scared about how JS would appear on the stand and what he might slip up and admit:

Folks, what more could that man say? He went on national TV with a guy every bit as tough as Joe McGettigan. Tough questions, tough answers.

by WTAE.com/ Web staff 12:01 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1ySNmrOMJ

an internet meme. it is a bear who is a pedophile. it was created in order to mock pedophiles or people who have a thing for close to legal teens.

My lunch is going to be nothing more than a pack of Rolaids... after last year's jury fiasco, I can't help but worry. Greatly.

Ditto.

But not every jury is the ridiculous Casey Anthony Pinellas 12. And I think if anything it's caused more American's to take jury duty seriously after the country watched in horror as a child murderer walked away completely free.

Oh, in the poll: I said 4-8 hours.

When I sat back and thought about it, I was reminded how angry I was with the Anthony jury for coming back so soon. The big differences are: there is not any tangible evidence to scrutinize and examine, there were only a few witnesses on either side, you either believe the accuser(s) or the accused.

This trial was pretty cut and dried, and even then, the defense didn't have much to say. jmo

Gotta sign off. See ya all late tonight. Prayers for the Jurors. Praying they dont have Pinella 12 brains :please:

:seeya: Me too !

:waitasec: I don't think it is possible that any jury could have less brains than they had ... but then again ... :banghead:

:moo:

It's one of those internet "memes" that become viral. It started out as a symbol on a forum when someone had posted *advertiser censored* or something else against the rules, but then people started using it ironically to attack pedophiles. In other words, a cartoon bear seems like just the sort of thing a pedophile would use as a symbol to attract children.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pedobear

Pedobear showed up at several Penn State football games last year, which I'm sure didn't make anyone happy.

6a0115709f071f970b0168e4e7cfc6970c-640wi.

Hey, all - thanks for the great reporting! :blowkiss: I had to be out of the house and offline most of the day, so I'm just now catching up.

Sounds like McGettigan did a great closing argument! :woohoo:

ETA: And Happy Anniversary to Betty Davis Eyes! Mackinac Island is gorgeous from what my relatives in Michigan tell me.

And it has to be a bit cooler there - it's 93 with humidity here in Tennessee. Hazy & hot summer day.

More food and drinks for the long wait:

Thank you. Mackinac Island is beautiful and should be a "must" on everyone's bucket list :)

Thanks, y'all, for the answers on the bear.

Agreed, and if there is a next time he might get rid of his victims permanently to prevent them from ever testifying.

I've always thought this could have happened to Victim 2, likely not the same night, but a few months later or when the Second Mile records disappeared. (Hat tip to bennyprofane on this forum.)
Or when Gricar disappeared?

Did investigators ever search missing kids records or ones that died accidentally for someone in that age window? - there are so many every year.

My problem with McQueary Sr. and Jr., Dranov, and all Penn State guys, is that they couldn't/wouldn't consider that child still at risk- not just some hypothetical future kids, but that one. As if their capacity to imagine evil topped out with boy rape.

"Evil is a rip in the fabric of empathy"-- a clergy friend.

Sandusky jurors begin deliberating sex abuse case
By GENARO C. ARMAS and MARK SCOLFORO, AP
2 hours ago

BELLEFONTE, Pa. (AP) — Jurors in Jerry Sandusky's child sexual abuse case began deliberations Thursday after prosecutors described him as a serial molester who groomed his victims, while his defense lawyer said the former Penn State assistant football coach was being victimized by an overzealous prosecution and greedy accusers.

Prosecutors said Sandusky was as ``a serial, predatory pedophile'' who used gifts and the pageantry of Penn State's vaunted football program to lure and abuse vulnerable boys who came from troubled homes.

``What you should do is come out and say to the defendant that he molested and abused and give them back their souls,'' Senior Deputy Attorney General Joseph McGettigan III. ``I give them to you. Acknowledge and give them justice"...

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/sports-general/20120621/Penn.State-Abuse/

Re: The poll. I voted for 4-8 hours, but a verdict sometime tomorrow would be alright with me. DH and I are leaving Saturday morning for a long weekend (our anniversary) on Mackinac Island where we won't have internet access. We'll have cable TV and can watch CNN/HLN, but I'd miss being here with fellow 'sleuthers to discuss the verdict.

---------
O/T. Have a very nice time..:woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members