Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jurors are also told that circumstantial evidence can support a verdict of guilty. This example is given -- You see deer tracks in the snow, but didn't see a deer. The tracks are circumstantial evidence that there was a deer there. It's just as valid.
<snipped>

Good God! I sure wish somebody would have explained it like this to the Pinellas 12. It probably wouldn't have made any difference but still, maybe even ONE of them would have had an "AHA!" moment.

I think they have wrapped up the other charges as well and are just clarifying what remains. Really thoughtful jury imo.

It sounds like they are going through deliberations count by count, victim by victim. Organized, and that may be a good sign as far as a verdict today goes. Or I could be waaay off and am doing the whole wishful thinking thing ;)

They are looking at the ones will witnesses. Both 2 and 8 have a third party witness.

Victim 1 has some support. Victim 6 has people supporting Sandusky's admission. Victim 4 has the letters.

Syra - this usually happens when the large group of potential jurors comes to the court house to report for jury duty. Then the Court goes through the forms and begins to excuse potential jurors for medical issues, work, child care issues or cause etc. Cause could be you were a victim of molestation and could not be impartial or it would cause more personal trauma. Also used in murder cases etc and other cases.

Thanks Tipstaff-I was having my once a day blonde moment-lol

<snipped>

Good God! I sure wish somebody would have explained it like this to the Pinellas 12. It probably wouldn't have made any difference but still, maybe even ONE of them would have had an "AHA!" moment.

Their "AHA!" moment was more like, "AHA! We can go home now!" :banghead:

I think the reason it seems to be taking so long to us who are anxiously waiting is because there are so many counts. The jury has to consider and vote on each count separately. They seem to be taking their duties very seriously. I have been impressed at how willing they have been to deliberate - start early, short lunches, few breaks and stay quite late at night.

This is such a far cry from the Anthony jurors. Seriously.

I think they have wrapped up the other charges as well and are just clarifying what remains. Really thoughtful jury imo.

Yes, that's entirely possible... the counts all seem so redundant just reading the technical language. The hearsay question was unique to #8... but everything else about 8, 9, 10, are essentially the same charges.

That man needs to be in jail by the weekend, imo. :mad:

Okay,gang I have to go out to dinner at 5:15 and will be back around 6:45. That's good for you all since I always seem to be away when a verdict comes in.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting away from the windows as directed during some very nasty T-Storms. Losing my electric and wi-fi will also insure a verdict. LOL

It would have been how I would have wanted to deliberate the charges. The ones with first hand accounts of the abuse first, and then the more difficult charges.

Judge Cleland said to have been annoyed over timing of Matt #Sandusky allegations becoming public during deliberations.
by cvmikesisak via twitter 1:02 PM

Interesting that #sandusky jury is discussing alleged victims 2 and 8 today...they're the only cases where the boys have never been found
by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 12:51 PM

#Sandusky jury asked about case of janitors, and 'excited utterance' -- a time when hearsay can be used in court
by sganim via twitter 12:41 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yYQi7CW4

If they are on #8 going the cases numerically then they only have 2 more to go. As hard and concentrated as this jury is working hopefully they will get through tonite. They worked until 9pm yesterday and through dinner.

Hoping for justice for all these children/men!

Now if they've had someone assigned to do the paperwork as they go along that would help too...

Vinnie Politan &#8207;@VinniePolitan
#Sandusky update: attorneys back in chambers...

Okay,gang I have to go out to dinner at 5:15 and will be back around 6:45. That's good for you all since I always seem to be away when a verdict comes in.

Meanwhile, I'm sitting away from the windows as directed during some very nasty T-Storms. Losing my electric and wi-fi will also insure a verdict. LOL

I think you'll be back right in time! Enjoy your dinner... :)

Vinnie Politan &#8207;@VinniePolitan
#Sandusky update: attorneys back in chambers...

Oh Good Lord. This is painful. The waiting and wrangling. He's as guilty as can be. Let's just get this over with already! :)

If they are on #8 going the cases numerically then they only have 2 more to go. As hard and concentrated as this jury is working hopefully they will get through tonite. They worked until 9pm yesterday and through dinner.

Hoping for justice for all these children/men!

Now if they've had someone assigned to do the paperwork as they go along that would help too...

Wonder if they come to verdicts if they will go back to the hotel, reflect and sleep on their decisions and come back in the morning?

Wonder if they come to verdicts if they will go back to the hotel, reflect and sleep on their decisions and come back in the morning?

I'm hoping they're so disgusted that they'll agree and get on with it right away!

ok - I have a question.

Do they have to come back with a "guilty" on all of the accounts for each victim in order to send this guy away?

As an example and not referencing any certain victim in this particular case......What if they come back with guilty for all counts for Victim A and Non-Guilty for all counts for Victim B. Or what if Victim A has Guilty for counts 1, 2, 4 and Not Guilty for 3 and 5.

????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member