Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
We'll know they are giving the verdict when everyone gets up and moves toward the courthouse. We'll be stuck outside with the media folks who will probably have commentators talking about the victims, the charges, and the various counts-- a few interviews with bystanders etc... when it is finally formally over and dismissed there will be a flood of tweets, articles, pictures, video, every thing all at once.

It's going to be great! And, I think the jurors might have an early dinner then announce! Carolina needs to eat up and get back, lol.

mo

:rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

PREACH it Beach! I wish it was also explained like this. The Pinellas 12 didn't think circumstantial evidence carried as much weight as physical evidence does, which is wrong they both carry the same amount of weight.

Misses you! :blowkiss:

I don't know how to post a pic-but I am getting a cherry vodka & sprite-does anyone want one while I am up??

Sure and Thank You. Never had that drink. I had to put away the wine or i would be sleeping by early eve LOL.

:waiting::Banane35::needdrink::clock::beersign: Hey, it's five o'clock somewhere.

Vanilla Coke and a Johnny Rocket's Veggie Burger here...

Thank you. How though, would he be sentenced based on something like that. Up to the judge?

Each separate count carries maximum & minimum sentence guidelines that the judge can consider. If there are several separate guilty verdicts, he has the option to make the sentences run concurrently (one right after the other) or consecutively (run together at the same time which almost always results in much shorter jail time)..

I don't know how to post a pic-but I am getting a cherry vodka & sprite-does anyone want one while I am up??

A little tidbit from my past - long past. On my senior trip to NYC from a small parochial high school, I was the only one among my hotel roomies who was 18, the drinking age in New York in 1968. I had never heard of Cherry Vodka, let alone having had it, but my friends asked me to do the buying in the hotel shop because I had appropriate ID. I had a sip or two but thought it was too sweet. I ordered a glass of wine when we went out to dinner during the weekend trip. Cheers!

A little tidbit from my past - long past. On my senior trip to NYC from a small parochial high school, I was the only one among my hotel roomies who was 18, the drinking age in New York in 1968. I had never heard of Cherry Vodka, let alone having had it, but my friends asked me to do the buying in the hotel shop because I had appropriate ID. I had a sip or two but thought it was too sweet. I ordered a glass of wine when we went out to dinner during the weekend trip. Cheers!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

Lets hope this means they got asked about dinner, and jury responded they are close. Announcement detailing verdict decorum reissued to media. Fingers crossed.

My fingers and toes are crossed, and hubby is going to have to give up the tv very soon, I hope!

i stopped to pick up some BBQ while i wait for a verdict. i don't think i've cared this much for a verdict before!

2885809002_7f02dccfce.jpg

The Streamliner...pure deliciousness.

http://www.johnnyrockets.com/locations/locations-near-you.html

ok guys, gotta run. It's Margarita Friday and dinner with hubby. KK had wisdom teeth out on Monday so she can't join but we'll bring he back something smooshy to eat :) Praying for a GUILTY verdict soon. Take care all.....

Just a guess but nope.....I think they will finish their job and go home.
My bet is still a verdict by 5pm....

-----------
O/T oh please be correct! I have to go to a funeral home tonight (God forgive me) I/m afraid I might miss the verdict!!!

So, they could have a verdict right now and we wouldn't know it until court is adjourned? Is that what I just read? tia

Yes. We'd only know that everybody was reconvened-- we have to wait until they are formally adjourned/dismissed to learn of Jerry's fate.

Oh man, my back is killing me! I'm far more tense than I should be! lol I'm gonna take the edge off... Meh.

Attachments

• meh_flask.jpg
    meh_flask.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2
I can assure you as hard as the waiting is for us, it is NOTHING compared to the attorneys whose stomachs are churning and they jump out of their skin with every text alert or phone call.

I will say that even the attorneys feel that a verdict is very close or they would not be hanging around that courthouse all day long...especially since the lunch break. They know this jury is very close to rendering some verdicts. Otherwise they would be anywhere else. Nothing is worse than sitting around the courthouse just waiting...there is a reason they are staying so close. They could be at their office, hanging out at the pool trying to keep their minds occupied on anything else... but they are outside the courthouse smoking. fwiw (and not much other than my professional opinion) As a paralegal, I read a lot into that. lol

:notgood: I have good news and bad news about my lost cell phone. Good news is that I just found my lost cell phone. Bad news is that I just found it in a very hot dryer while checking on my towles.

I can assure you as hard as the waiting is for us, it is NOTHING compared to the attorneys whose stomachs are churning and they jump out of their skin with every text alert or phone call.

I will say that even the attorneys feel that a verdict is very close or they would not be hanging around that courthouse all day long...especially since the lunch break. They know this jury is very close to rendering some verdicts. Otherwise they would be anywhere else. Nothing is worse than sitting around the courthouse just waiting...there is a reason they are staying so close. They could be at their office, hanging out at the pool trying to keep their minds occupied on anything else... but they are outside the courthouse smoking. fwiw (and not much other than my professional opinion) As a paralegal, I read a lot into that. lol

Agreed. Verdict watch sucks. But it sucks far more for the team trying the case.

I also agree they know a verdict is coming soon. Although it wouldn't surprise me if we didn't get a verdict today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mama1996