Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reader-I think you should send that quote to WGAL when JS is convicted-It is great!!!!

I can't imagine why they'd need to have a "show of force" ready for a guilty verdict.

I really hope they aren't anticipating a not guilty. I can see how that would upset a lot of people, and rightfully so!

Hey, they rioted over Paterno and people of all stripes, down to little old ladies, heaped abuse on a protester who was protesting the last Penn State game of the season, in support of the victims. So, they may expect fireworks in response to a guilty verdict.

Well - we all can look at this way-if they come back with NG-We still have a second chance at him!!

What do you mean? Do you mean with Matt? Is there a S.O.L.?

Cant imagine how the Victims feel

Sick to their stomachs, I bet. The courage it took for these young men to reveal, publicly, the horror that happened to them, is intense. A NG verdict would feel to them that they were not believed and that all was for naught.

Here are News 8 reporter Matt Barcaro's notes on what defense attorney Joe Amendola said in court this evening:

Amendola says he'd be in shock, "would die of a heart attack" if Sandusky is acquitted on everything.

Amendola tells reporters "I did the best I could" in defending Sandusky. Says he's been working 18 hours days/7 days a week.

Says if Sandusky is convicted of the serious charges, "chances are no" he'll be out on bail...would go directly to jail.

Says the Sanduskys have been spending time together in these most recent days, "anticipating if things don't work out."

Amendola says he will comment on Matt Sandusky after gag order is lifted

Says, he told Jerry his objective assessment of how he thinks the verdict will come down. Wouldn't share the assessment with reporters.

He said this case was "like climbing mount Everest from the bottom up."

On Jerry smiling during the trial: "God Bless him. In so many ways he's like a little kid."

Says, Sandusky is absolutely aware this could be his last day of freedom

Yesterday Amendola says he was 'holding his breath' the jury wouldn't come back with a quick verdict.

Amendola said -- "I'll always stay in touch with Jerry."
by WGAL 2:48 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yYrf8fds

BBM

Which is it? Is he a cute little kid who doesn't have a clue or is he knowledgeable about what he's facing? Can't have it both ways.

Amendola makes me sick. This man coached college ball for decades. He's no child. He's a slick pedophile, is what he is. A con and a creep.

I'm so scared he's going to get off. :please:

So JS is not laughing and smiling anymore? No pity from me but I really would not have wanted to be in that house last night after this all soaked in on him, plus the news about Matt and dealing with the Sarge about that. She knew of course but had always been able to keep it confined OUT of the house. Now one of her own 'kids' is going to tell all about the nasty stuff that went on rigft under her nose and WITHIN HEARING and all her good friends and neighbors will know. She had her own nice little cover up going on but now that's over too. No wonder they both were looking tired and sleepy this morning...

JMO but Sarge had to know what was going on! Come on, she would have to be a complete moron to not know. I think she deserves jailtime too for letting this go on for years and years even with her own adopted children. She is a disgrace and needs to share Jerry's cell with him. That would be KARMA because I really doubt old Jerry was intimate with her considering what else he was doing. Disgusting!!!

Finally an answer about where the Jurors order dinner! My husband will be so happy! "Jim's Italian Cuisine" :)

Steve Keeley‏@keeleyfoxnews

Insider tidbit...this is place where Sandusky jury is ordering meals but not allowed drinks or entrees just sandwiches http://pic.twitter.com/SUSq70O6

Gitana-there is a second set of victims that were not called this time-saved if JS was found NG

oh no... :therethere:

hope it can be revived!

That's not the worst news sadly. I went outside to check on my Boston Terrier Gracie and found that she had a baby rabbit in her mouth. The baby is living but has injuries on its side. I cleaned the injuries and wrapped it up in a towel and put it in a box. Don't know what else to do. I'm so upset.

The 15-minute interview with Amendola ended with him being summoned into the chambers of Judge John Cleland, who's presided over the two-week trial. Cleland has issued a gag order barring lawyers from discussing the case.

The jury, meanwhile, was talking behind closed doors and planned to continue deliberating through dinner.

by WGAL 5:59 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yYy9SSKM

Court just announced #sandusky is on dinner break from 630-730

by 8CumbCoReport via twitter6:17 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wgal.com/Event/WGALs_Jerry_Sandusky_trial_coverage#ixzz1yYzOGbkS

Finally an answer about where the Jurors order dinner! My husband will be so happy! "Jim's Italian Cuisine" :)

Steve Keeley‏@keeleyfoxnews

Insider tidbit...this is place where Sandusky jury is ordering meals but not allowed drinks or entrees just sandwiches http://pic.twitter.com/SUSq70O6

Well, this great comfort food should put them in the mood to makes things right,............I hope.

Andrew Stockey‏@astockey

#Sandusky Amendola comments to reporters just stunning. Expects his client to be convicted of "something" ... and he's the defense attorney

~~~

Matthew Kemeny‏@matthewkemeny

Court email: Jurors will be breaking for dinner from 6:30 to 7:30. #sandusky

Okay, they're taking an hour to eat. I'm going to do a couple of chores, lol.

Court email: Jurors will be breaking for dinner from 6:30 to 7:30. #sandusky
by matthewkemeny via twitter 3:18 PM

Court just announced #sandusky is on dinner break from 630-730
by 8CumbCoReport via twitter 3:17 PM

#Sandusky Amendola comments to reporters just stunning. Expects his client to be convicted of "something" ... and he's the defense attorney
by astockey via twitter 3:15 PM

Read more: http://livewire.wtae.com/Event/Jerry_Sandusky_Trial_2#ixzz1yYz38muT

Well, this great comfort food should put them in the mood to makes things right,............I hope.

Wonder if they ordered the Gabbagool? :floorlaugh:

*sorry, joke from The Office - couldn't resist* I'm getting slap happy from too much Twitteration.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4EHFRYVxhd8"]The Office Gabagool - YouTube[/ame]

JMO but Sarge had to know what was going on! Come on, she would have to be a complete moron to not know. I think she deserves jailtime too for letting this go on for years and years even with her own adopted children. She is a disgrace and needs to share Jerry's cell with him. That would be KARMA because I really doubt old Jerry was intimate with her considering what else he was doing. Disgusting!!!

Believe it or not, I'm just as angry at Sarge as I am Jerry Sandusky. They are both guilty. IMO she not only knew what was going on but enabled her husband to continue his hunt and scores for a very long time, in her own home. What a mother figure??????:banghead:

Believe it or not, I'm just as angry at Sarge as I am Jerry Sandusky. They are both guilty. IMO she not only knew what was going on but enabled her husband to continue his hunt and scores for a very long time, in her own home. What a mother figure??????:banghead:

To me she is an indifferent bystander and an enabler of the worst kind. :furious:

Sarge needs to go climb underneath CA's rock-they can be BFF!!

Ok just got back. I see JS's atty opened mouth and inserted foot.

Philly Inquirer Quotes from Joe Amendola:

In an impromptu courtroom conversation with reporters, Joseph Amendola compared the former Penn State assistant football coach's chances to a scen from the 1994 movie Dumb and Dumber. In the film, an unlucky guy asks and uninterested girl out on a date.

"One in a million?" Amendola said, quoting the scene to describe his conversations with Sandusky. "So you're telling me you have a chance."

. . .

"You're never happy with the job you've done," he said. "But I did the best I could considering the circumstances. This was a daunting case."

A courtroom bailiff broke up the conversation after about 15-minutes, saying Judge John M. Cleland wanted to see Amendola in his chambers.

Amendola said that the Sanduskys have spent the past two days spending time with one another and preparing for the possibility that the former coach could soon be sent to prison. He refused to answer questions about any ongoing investigations into his client.

He also declined to comment on allegations Thursday from Sandusky's youngest son Matt, 33, who said through his attorney that he had been sexually abused by his father.

When asked whether he had formed a bond with his client and would stay in touch no matter the verdict, Amendola responded: "Jerry and I have become very close."

Then, for good measure, he added: "Please don't misconstrue what I'm saying."
:what:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...acquitted_Ill_die_of_a_heart_attack.html?gfds

Dear BDE's Hubby,

Please excuse BDE - she can't leave her post at Websleuths. She is a valuable member of the investigative and discussion team.

In the event that there is a verdict prior to 6/23/12 disregard this notice!

Signed

Fellow Websleuthers!

One of the reasons that we escape to this idyllic island in Lake Huron is the quiet absence of motorized vehicles, but at a time like this lack of internet access is a huge drawback.

We're now considering a tablet or other device to access the web during our travels.

Thanks for your post.

Mr. BDE

Philly Inquirer Quotes from Joe Amendola:

In an impromptu courtroom conversation with reporters, Joseph Amendola compared the former Penn State assistant football coach's chances to a scen from the 1994 movie Dumb and Dumber. In the film, an unlucky guy asks and uninterested girl out on a date.

"One in a million?" Amendola said, quoting the scene to describe his conversations with Sandusky. "So you're telling me you have a chance."

. . .

"You're never happy with the job you've done," he said. "But I did the best I could considering the circumstances. This was a daunting case."

A courtroom bailiff broke up the conversation after about 15-minutes, saying Judge John M. Cleland wanted to see Amendola in his chambers.

Amendola said that the Sanduskys have spent the past two days spending time with one another and preparing for the possibility that the former coach could soon be sent to prison. He refused to answer questions about any ongoing investigations into his client.

He also declined to comment on allegations Thursday from Sandusky's youngest son Matt, 33, who said through his attorney that he had been sexually abused by his father.

When asked whether he had formed a bond with his client and would stay in touch no matter the verdict, Amendola responded: "Jerry and I have become very close."

Then, for good measure, he added: "Please don't misconstrue what I'm saying."
:what:

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/b...acquitted_Ill_die_of_a_heart_attack.html?gfds

I can't help but wonder how many "family" members he has who have been molested by this "person".

Does "breaking" for dinner mean the same thing as "working" through dinner? Hope so...I think they're gettin' close and wanna wrap this up and get home for the weekend. Who wouldn't?

Hope they go ahead to throw in a conviction for Dottie while they're at it. Ha!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwen