Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am beginning to think everyone over 21 should be a mandated reporter! :waitasec:
Just like failing to render aid at the scene of an accident!
The ONLY reason I didn't say 16 or 18 is because despite the "legal" age to drive or vote or serve in the Military they are still "kids" and often still being "victimized"
moo

Kinds of reminds me of The Onion's fake news story from last November, "Nation's Ten-Year-Old Boys: "If you see someone raping us, please call authorities."

http://www.theonion.com/articles/nations-10yearold-boys-if-you-see-someone-raping-u,26724/

All the Onion's fake news stories re: Sandusky, Penn State, et al, pretty much cut to the bone - they're deeply, deeply satirical. :rocker:

This has been a tough road for me to follow. Jerry sat next to me in high school history class. He was a well known jock at the high school and a very great athlete for a bunch of sports including baskeball, baseball and of course football. He was a fairly nice guy, always smiling and was a bit of a goof off. I always thought his smiles and pleasant attitude was a cover-up for shyness and his feeling socially ackward in a group. He and I didn't hang in the same groups. But since the town was small, I would see him at various teen hang outs. He rarely dated but back then there were several jocks who did not take part in the dating scene. No one seemed to be suspicious of that.

It's not been easy to watch this unfold. I have had a difficult time believing all of this was happening. The last time I saw Jerry was at our graduating class 20th reunion. Our entire small town of Washington Pa was so proud of him and his position as a successful defensive coach with a major university. Everyone looked foward to the day he would step up to the head coach position. There was never any doubt this would happen.

When news of his retirement from the coaching staff reached people in his home town the rumor was that he wanted to retire because he learned from Coach Joe that it would be years until JoePa would step down and give Jerry the position he had long expected. At least that's the story that was going around. It was all : Poor Jerry. Now I know differently.

I hate everything I have heard throughout the past 10 months. And more than once I have asked outloud "Jerry how could you do this...didn't you ever fear you'd be caught?"

I am very happy about tonight's verdict. He will be where he belongs for the rest of his life. My heart goes out to the victims and I sling anger to all in Happy Valley who allowed him to harm his victims over and over for such a long time.

For those with questions about Jerry's parents. They were hard working people well known and admired in the community. I don't think you could ever find anyone who would have anything outrageous or bad to say about them.

All of this has touched me deeply in so many ways. Thanks for reading.

Pennsylvania Atty. Gen. Linda Kelly thanked the accusers, calling them "brave men" who found it "incredibly difficult ... to unearth long-buried memories of the shocking abuse they suffered at the hands of this defendant." She said she hoped the verdict "helps these victims heal … and helps other victims of abuse to come forward."

"One of the recurring themes in this case was, 'Who would believe a kid?' The answer is 'We here in Bellefonte, Pa., would believe a kid,'" she said outside the courthouse, at times interrupted by cheers from scores of bystanders.

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-sandusky-verdict-20120623,0,4301393.story

I am so relieved he was found guilty. My hope is that all children of abuse will come forward knowing that regardless of who the abuser is, we will listen and believe in them. God Bless the victims. Justice has been served and may the healing begin. :rose:

Thank God.
Let the healing begin for these adult children and all involved.

Justice is going to be served by this monster now.

God Bless them all.

Goz

http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/nation/la-na-sandusky-verdict-20120623,0,4301393.story

I am so relieved he was found guilty. My hope is that all children of abuse will come forward knowing that regardless of who the abuser is, we will listen and believe in them. God Bless the victims. Justice has been served and may the healing begin. :rose:

But the sad truth is, adults often don't listen to children. Especially mothers.

If there could be an additional message to yours, it would be to KEEP telling adults until somebody listens AND does something to stop it.

I give nothing to MM. Regardless of his reporting responsibility back then, he SAW an adult raping a child and left the child with the monster. Oh, I forgot. MM slammed the locker. Ooohhh. Great action. I'm sure the little boy appreciated that brave gesture. What a hero that MM is.

And I read somewhere JS is 6'5"? So this GIANT of a man was sodomizing a YOUNG child and he leaves the gym. He doesn't run over there and grab the child and yell are you ok? I will help you!! He doesn't run over there and scream at JS - what are you doing? Leave him alone! He doesn't clobber JS (with an assortment of gym equipment readily available). He leaves. The little boy with the giant rapist.

To me, he is a failure of a human being. If anything, hopefully his inaction opened the eyes of other people and maybe one person will learn from it and help a child who needs it.

i think it is easy to say that if something like this would happen, then most would do something about it. of those people, there are a select few who would do the opposite when confronted of the situation. it is the shock, disbelief, etc. caused by it.
doesn't make not doing anything immediately okay though.

But the sad truth is, adults often don't listen to children. Especially mothers.

If there could be an additional message to yours, it would be to KEEP telling adults until somebody listens AND does something to stop it.

This is why I am so proud of a friend of mine, within 20 minutes of hearing her daughter's claim she called me and within a few hours the wife and children were out of the house and he was arrested that evening when he got home from work. He is serving time in prison now. It hasn't been easy for her at all. But she care more for her children then for her nice life.

I give nothing to MM. Regardless of his reporting responsibility back then, he SAW an adult raping a child and left the child with the monster. Oh, I forgot. MM slammed the locker. Ooohhh. Great action. I'm sure the little boy appreciated that brave gesture. What a hero that MM is.

And I read somewhere JS is 6'5"? So this GIANT of a man was sodomizing a YOUNG child and he leaves the gym. He doesn't run over there and grab the child and yell are you ok? I will help you!! He doesn't run over there and scream at JS - what are you doing? Leave him alone! He doesn't clobber JS (with an assortment of gym equipment readily available). He leaves. The little boy with the giant rapist.

To me, he is a failure of a human being. If anything, hopefully his inaction opened the eyes of other people and maybe one person will learn from it and help a child who needs it.

MM is a very big boy himself, not like he was the waterboy for the team.

From Dan Wetzel's AP article today-
Finally, it was over for Sandusky. Finally, the deception and protection were gone. Finally, this once hulking man, backed by the prestige of Nittany Lion football, propped up by the illusion of charitable work, had nowhere to run, no tale to tell, no one capable of keeping him from facing the awful truth of his life.
Guilty. Guilty. Damn, Damn Guilty.

I have never seen anything like this article. This was pure rage and pain.

here is the link

For the victims-
201206222314836404336-p2.jpeg

Azwriter,
I feel for you. I know how this must be affecting you. My father grew up in Uniontown so I know what it is like there. Local boy makes it big, only to end up tainting the name of your town. Hang in there. He does not represent Washington. He represents only himself.

(Reuters) - Penn State pledged to give the child sexual abuse victims of former assistant football coach Jerry Sandusky a forum to resolve any civil claims against the university, according to a statement issued on Friday after a jury convicted Sandusky of 45 of 48 counts.

The title of the article says Penn State open to resolving claims by Sandusky victims.

I bet they are. Freeh's report isnt even out yet.

http://news.yahoo.com/penn-state-sa...RhaWQDBHBzdGNhdANob21lBHB0A3NlY3Rpb25z;_ylv=3

MM is a very big boy himself, not like he was the waterboy for the team.

McQ will find that we are not usually sorry for what we do in life but what we DON'T do. When the grand jury called him - he stepped up and his testimony was a huge part of the guilty verdict. Not letting him off the hook - just grateful he didn't run and hide again or lie to protect himself at the present time.

I still believe Curley, Schultz and Paterno and Spanier are equally guilty as Sandusky and will watch as this continues to play out in the Courts.

AZWriter - thanks for your post a few back!!! Sad to see people we thought we know exposed as a monster!

As always, great to be here with all you for the trial and the verdict.

On to Drew Peterson anyone?

Looking forward to hearing from the Jurors. I am so proud of them. I'm sure they need a little time to collect themselves.

Last night after the verdict, there were people who expressed dismay that the Jury didn't convict on every single charge.

But Sara Ganim made the point last night that if we look at it in terms of victims, the Jury convicted on some charges for every victim, even though they tossed some out.
http://video-embed.pennlive.com/ser...AAAAQBxUw0E~,DELAM66vw4ytHzgLe6gL8tgddwTWDoX7

She said: "A couple of the counts involved victim number 2, the Mike McQueary incident in the shower. However, there was one count that was acquitted in that case. There was also one count of a "not guilty" in the case from 1998 where a boy went to the Penn State police and said he was molested in a shower. However, on both of those cases it's important to say that Jerry Sandusky was convicted of some things and also acquitted of one thing in each case.

So no victim's testimony was completely dismissed, just some charges dropped that the Jury felt weren't proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

You can see that in the complete list of charges. Jerry was convicted of several charges for each victim including endangering a minor, corrupting a minor, unlawful contact, and deviate intercourse, even if one charge was dropped here and there.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2012/06/jerry_sandusky_verdict_complet.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva