Penn State Sandusky Trial #11 (Verdict - GUILTY!)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How long will the jury deliberate?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
From Dan Wetzel's AP article today-

I have never seen anything like this article. This was pure rage and pain.

here is the link

:seeya: Thanks for finding Dan Wetzel's article !

I heard Dan last night on the sports radio show after the verdict came down ...

:rocker: It was a very good interview with Dan !

Why are they putting him in a prison for sex abusers-to give him treatment -REALLY--he will never get out to touch other child again--put him in GP-It makes more sense!!!

They just had a differant person on hln.. who said js will go to a prison for senior citizens.. so who knows.. smh

Lot of speculation; no evidence.

When the indictment broke, I actually had someone who had know him asking if he had been paid off. The actual evidence, at least so far, is against it. Not a lack of evidence, but a little bit of evidence against it.

Then there is the group that says he found something new and got murdered by someone involved. LE has said that he wasn't doing anything with Sandusky when he disappeared.

There is something strange. In 1998, the DA's Office had an ADA that handled abuse cases, Arnold. She was involved initially, but Gricar took the case away from her; it was characterized in some of the court filings as "extensive disagreements" over the handling of the case.

There was a meeting between Gricar, the two officers involved (from different departments), another ADA, and Assistant Coach Fran Ganther, in the football building on 10/13/98, but know one seems to be saying what it was about.

I think it's spelled Fran Ganter. He was Paterno's offensive coordinator in 98. Sandusky was the defensive coordinator in 98. The offensive and defensive coordinators are a head coach's top two assistant coaches. His lieutenants.

I think Paterno knew about 98. But whether he did or he didn't isn't the point. The point is that there was a coverup to protect his legacy. JMO.

Denial is a happy, crowded place. Sandusky, who claimed to be a family man, who put his wife on the stand to vouch for him, who based his defense on being a solid member of the community and trying to help young men, will go to prison as a sexual predator and manipulator of children. But it is Paterno who will always be the key to understanding why this dragged on. Those who failed to stop Sandusky might have thought they were protecting Paterno and his monument, but their inaction was not in his best interest (and might not even have been what the old man wanted).

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8087426/jerry-sandusky-crimes-failure-stop-hang-penn-state

Kudos to Mike Lupica for a well written article.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i...monster-found-guilty-article-1.1101107?pgno=1

It is fitting in the end that we did not have to hear another word from Jerry Sandusky. He can tell his story in prison, maybe when he is the one up against a wall. The only voices in this case that mattered were those belonging to the victims. Finally those voices were heard, in Bellefonte, Pa. Cheer them.

bbm

Lot of speculation; no evidence.

When the indictment broke, I actually had someone who had know him asking if he had been paid off. The actual evidence, at least so far, is against it. Not a lack of evidence, but a little bit of evidence against it.

Then there is the group that says he found something new and got murdered by someone involved. LE has said that he wasn't doing anything with Sandusky when he disappeared.

There is something strange. In 1998, the DA's Office had an ADA that handled abuse cases, Arnold. She was involved initially, but Gricar took the case away from her; it was characterized in some of the court filings as "extensive disagreements" over the handling of the case.

There was a meeting between Gricar, the two officers involved (from different departments), another ADA, and Assistant Coach Fran Ganther, in the football building on 10/13/98, but know one seems to be saying what it was about.

thanks..hopefully Susan G. will devote some of her book (not too much) to this..i must say, the pay off idea is interesting to me....course it culd me non related, probably is, but .......

I'd still suspect a 20 year sentence and that, if he lives that long, for him be home celebrating his 80th birthday. Maybe Judge Cleland will do a few consecutive.

There is another question. Sandusky has very little left to lose; will he flip on the people at Penn State or elsewhere.

In one of the articles published this morning (MSNBC maybe?), it was pointed out that the judge will probably accede to each victim in making at least one sentence for each be served consecutively with the others.
Meaning that if there are any concurrent sentences, they would be arranged in such a way that they do not interfere with the singular retribution Sandusky faces for each victim.
This would also guarantee Sandusky dies in prison.

As for flipping, I think Sandusky's twisted conscience would prevent it. All along, he just failed to understand the severity of the damage he was causing. In the letters to Victim 4 he admitted mistakes, but blamed the victim for ending things. He really believed through-and-through that they were at fault, and he's not nearly the only pedophile to think so. A person who flips has to first understand the wrongness of what they've done, but Sandusky has never given any indication along those lines.

Even when they led him out in handcuffs you could see him shaking his head just a little tiny bit.

For the victims-
201206222314836404336-p2.jpeg

:jail: Sandusky = GUILTY of 45 Counts of child sexual abuse, Felon, RSO ... ... ...

This will certainly surpass any football / sports legacy he hoped he would be remembered for ...

:jail:

The defense lawyers are nasty. Karl R was all smug and taking comfort that he got Sandusky off on the one serious charge in the V2 case, yet he was still convicted on everything else in that one case, so they believed McQ and therefore Karl R still failed, so he can just stop it. They can stop talking anytime.

I knew they'd have trouble with Victim 2.

I worry about that young man. Is he alive?

As for McQ- anyone who claims to have witnessed a child being raped and then admits to walking away from that child, leaving him with the rapist......I have no words to describe how loathsome that is.

The fact that PSU never tried to identify that child is chilling.

Can anyone who sees anything about when the jury is going to speak-post it-I am really anxious to hear what they have to say-TIA

Juror: "We were on the same page."

[ame="http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/47931008#47931008"]http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/47931008#47931008[/ame]

I knew they'd have trouble with Victim 2.

I worry about that young man. Is he alive?

As for McQ- anyone who claims to have witnessed a child being raped and then admits to walking away from that child, leaving him with the rapist......I have no words to describe how loathsome that is.

The fact that PSU never tried to identify that child is chilling.

That's a very good question. One I've thought about quite a bit.

There is a lot of speculation that Gricar may have been the victim of foul play; however, what are the chances a DA could be made to disappear? It's much more probable that a "disadvantaged" boy could be made to disappear. Yet I haven't seen much speculation on the possibility.

Well, if he's out there, he must be aware that there are buckets of money awaiting him if he comes forward. We'll see.

I'd still suspect a 20 year sentence and that, if he lives that long, for him be home celebrating his 80th birthday. Maybe Judge Cleland will do a few consecutive.

There is another question. Sandusky has very little left to lose; will he flip on the people at Penn State or elsewhere.

In his trial, he was shown to be a manipulative passive-aggressive @&$". He may tell all kinds of untruths too. (I was very disappointed to hear Marcia Clark state on CNN last night that child predators are housed separately than the other prisoners.)

OT: People in Bellefonte weren't the only crowds cheering last night. I was on 46th near Times Square last night and a rowdy cheering erupted when a huge signed flashed his verdict.

From Dan Wetzel's AP article today-

I have never seen anything like this article. This was pure rage and pain.

here is the link

Fantastic!! :clap:

That's the one I'm forwarding to my sisters, who knew about the case, but couldn't bring themselves to follow it. Masterfully written.

:jail:

That interview just stepped up my admiration for this Jury. They did their job. Worked well together. Worked thru any doubts together. That's how it's done :woohoo:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BUKANAS