People Magazine Article

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well!! :twocents: Here's where I'm leaning! -

JY made the 11pm phone call from his cell phone to show that he was actually at the hotel at that time. (LE has stated they know he was at places at certain times.) He's left a hotel & gas receipts in the vehicle to be found.

I agree RC he's told LE squat! No way he's setting himself up for more questions which LE would have or for them to observe his demeanor.

I'm still not sure about this Va meeting. I'm thinking that he did have something planned there because he would want to be seen at that time too. LE saying there was a struggle tells me JY might have had some injuries so he might have had to cancel that meeting. If he did cancel then maybe that's why he just told a friend Va and wasn't more specific.

I was reading over at CTV and it's interesting that the NTO was served on Nov 7? and he complied the next day. Someone was saying that surface injuries & whatnot would heal in 5 days. It's possible that if he did have injuries they would have healed by the 8th. I hope not.

Hi Jilly, Wasn't the funeral on Wed the 8th? I think that NTO order was an emergency type one, pushed through in very quick order.

Remember Jilly that 11pm phone call could be so much dribble to throw us off by an insider at CTV. LE just hasn't mentioned it yet. Just like they haven't confirmed he actually had a biz meeting but did buy gal in VA.

The only similarity between Duffield and Bravard are they are both in line with each other N & S at the far westerly part of both states. If he tried to set up an alibi and used his friends to substantiate what he would tell LE, that he was out of town on business, and that was not true, he planned a route where he could rent a motel in Va and show gas receipts there and still have time to go back and kill her, dispose of the evidence and motor down to his folks in perfect timing to learn the news of her death.

No wonder he fell to his knees. It was a grueling and action packed night with the murdering, traveling, recounting all of his moves to make sure he hadn't forgotton something and carried out every detail of the plan, and had no sleep to speak of. Plus he had horrific visions of her dead stiff body lying in the same spot he had left her and couldn't remember if he locked the door on his way out and Cassidy was roaming around somewhere. He didn't know!It probably hit him all at once and he fell in a heap and started bawling like a baby. His folks probably hugged and consoled him. I wonder who first mentioned "Where is Cassidy?"

Sickening.

eta: Correction: The funeral was on the 9th, the wake was the 8th.

Scout said:
I haven't followed enough cases to know, rc, but the stop in Duffield bothers me as much as it seems to bother you. The stop in Duffield in combination with the hike of the Appalachian Trail is just as odd as the Transylvania crash into the French Broad River in combination with his former experience with a rafting outfit, imo. Incidentally, I cannot for the life of me find the source of that information -- I would swear that I read/heard that he had a summmer job during his college years with a rafting outfit near his hometown of Brevard.

i read this also, & i THINK it was here at WS, but i could be wrong....SO many threads here & at ctv, it would be hard to find the post now....i want to say that it was posted fairly early on in the case, like in the month of November....

There are a lot of outfitting businesses near Brevard. There is a big river - I believe the name is the Nantahala - that runs through the area. Bryson City is one town it goes through and not very far from Brevard. I finally got my atlas out and started checking where all these places are - I didn't realize how close it is. Brevard is only about an hour and a half away. Seems like I read something about Abingdon and Duffield, VA, maybe figuring into this and they are less than an hour away. Someone was wondering if western NC was pretty mountainous and it is - very. Lots of little two-lane highways winding all around the mountains -

Scout said:
I haven't followed enough cases to know, rc, but the stop in Duffield bothers me as much as it seems to bother you. The stop in Duffield in combination with the hike of the Appalachian Trail is just as odd as the Transylvania crash into the French Broad River in combination with his former experience with a rafting outfit, imo. Incidentally, I cannot for the life of me find the source of that information -- I would swear that I read/heard that he had a summmer job during his college years with a rafting outfit near his hometown of Brevard.

scandi said:
I'm wondering about this clip: "Police won't say whether such a meeting occured" in any way could mean JY hatched a plan to kill her and he wanted to have some good reason to be out of town so he didn't have to find the body.

It was his 'insider' friend ConcernedCitizen posting at CTV who told us all about that meeting, that it was at 9am in Blacksburg Va, and also that he had called and talked to Michell at 11pm on the night he left home. CC also gives us a timeline for him leaving the house, saying at first he left as they were coming in which would be about 8pm, an hour before the show started to have wine and crackers beforehand.

None of that info which we have been using has been verified by LE that I know of. Yes, he did drive to Va as we know for positive there is not a Get It Market in NC.

What he could have done is taken a long round about way to get to Brevard, first gassing up, renting a motel room in VA to prove he was there, doubling back to kill her, drive back to the motel to pick up his receipt, shower and maybe change clothes, drive to the western tip of Va and then down to Brevard.

With the rumors of a divorce and knowledge of his affair with MM, Michelle could have ordered him to be gone by that night, which would certainly go towards explaining part of the motive and why MY's good friend Rhett Fussell stated when he left he had several suitcases in tow. I'm still trying to find a link to that but do remember reading it.

panthera said:
scandi~ excellent thoughts as usual. I've always thought the call to Meredith was a ruse for several reasons, and that the business trip was too coincidental, in other words that he'd arranged to have his tracks covered. Now if Fussell actually did see several suitcases with Jason as he was leaving tghe house, it sure doesn't look like a business trip, but that he'd been asked to move out. I'd think the phone call that was supposed to have taken place at 11pm could be verified as well as how long the call was. And it's quite likely he checked into a motel then drove back to Raleigh, back to the motel, and so forth within that time frame during the night. If there was no real business meeting to get to the next morning, he'd have plenty of time.

Sorry for bringing up an older thread, but just trying to play catch up on this case!

Is this STILL a thought? (hi scandi! :) )

raisincharlie said:
One thing that kind of makes me believe JY had lots of freedom to roam with his job is that I believe ChartOne doesn't have conventional offices scattered about. I have come to think JYs job was very free and he actually worked from home and on the road - no 9 to 5 office. This is also why I think he could have arranged everything he was going to do on Nov. 3, thus no schedule. Going back to a supposed 9am meeting in Blacksburg - very easily met even driving from the home in Raleigh in the early morning hours of the 3rd - he could have been in the home up until430 to 500am. Going out on a limb - if there was a scheduled meeting - it was arranged extremely quickly IMO. Right now - without JYs cooperation and only with cell phone data, I don't know if LE even knows if there was a scheduled meeting and who it might have been with or even where unless this data was reported to ChartOne proper.

Charlie - so did Jason have a meeting in Blacksburg? Trying to catch up - living in suspense! :( just asking, as it's been a while since you all posted this! (Jan. 17th!)
Thanks!

raisincharlie said:
The supposed mistress is Michelle Money of Ocoee Florida. She has made no public statements, at least reported statements, about the murder nor has she publically implicated Jason.

Hey again charlie!
You posted this on January 17th - any change on this??

Niner said:
Hey again charlie!
You posted this on January 17th - any change on this??
Hello Niner,

As far as I know Ms. Money still has made no public comment. LE has said that she has been cooperative but that is about it on Ms. Money. Also to my knowledge no other ladies have been identified as being associated with JY in this manner - at least publically. So yes things there remain the same.

So far there has been no reported identification of the site of JY's meeting. Lots of speculation that possibly it may have been in Duffield VA, or Roanoke VA but nothing confirmed.

So you get the picture - nothing has really changed and you really aren't behind in the case ! :) That's almost sad to think about isn't it ? Have a good one Niner !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member