People Magazine - Caylee Anthony's Family Secrets

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I imagine all of this is so very hard on Shirley P. as I have read her interviews and she seems like such a nice lady and I know she has her husband in a Nursing Home. I also did not think it was at all honorable of Rick P. to blast Cindy with all of the name calling that he engaged in. I guess family dynamics can be so very complicated. I hope and pray that despite all of these heartaches, that somehow and someway, the family will find peace.

I agree, this has to be he!! for Shirley, and to have Rick air the family's dirty laundry all over the web can not be helping.

Chitwood, the police chief of Daytona is a no-nonsense, shoot from the hip police officer. He came in a few years back and really did some sweeping around these parts. He has a good reputation with the public here.

From his interview the night they picked up George, when he said GA was despondent, I believed him.

I am the first to say that I have not been a supporter of the A's...CA for sure, and the rest. Whether GA took the meds or not, I saw real emotion on the Chief's face and heard it in his voice. I believe him to be a good man, so am trusting that he was truthful in that interview. I would put nothing past the A's at this point....but am going on what I saw in the chief's interview. Also, as far as I know, Halifax will not keep someone longer than the Baker act unless there is a reason to...just my 2c as somewhat of a local.

Oh please don't mistake my earlier post. I also respect Chitwood and do not believe he would try to "scam" the public. I believe that everything he said was true. I also believe that he thought GA was in danger of harming himself that night. If I were in GA's shoes, I probably wouldn't think I had much to live for right now, either, and no human being should have to feel that way. What I was questioning was whether or not the pills had actually been taken(suicide actually attempted) or if he was actually just contemplating the idea. But, IMO BC is exploiting the whole "suicide attempt" for some reason, perhaps as a ploy for sympathy. He was just far too eager to appear in front of countless media outlets to publicize an event that he proclaimed to wish be kept private. :rolleyes:

Even in a car wreck, when you appear to not be hurt, they sometimes insist on transporting you in an ambulance I guess for legal reasons. It seems to me he would have gone in an ambulance if it was a suicide attempt. Maybe they checked him out well in the room, I don't know this. But it seems a little fishy to me as well. Maybe suicide thoughts, but I'm not sure about the attempts. IMO

You are right. This has never made any sense to me. The hospital was 4.3 miles away. If they had thought for one second he had ingested pills, they surely would have sent around for an ambulance. Anything could have happened in that car ride over and they would have been legally responsible, right? And couple that with BC insisting it was a suicide attempt, and I just am not buying it.

Oh please don't mistake my earlier post. I also respect Chitwood and do not believe he would try to "scam" the public. I believe that everything he said was true. I also believe him that he thought GA was in danger of harming himself that night. If I were in GA's shoes, I probably wouldn't think I had much to live for right now, either, and no human being should have to feel that way. What I was questioning was whether or not the pills had actually been taken(suicide actually attempted) or if he was actually just contemplating the idea. But, IMO BC is exploiting the whole "suicide attempt" for some reason, perhaps as a ploy for sympathy. He was just far to eager to appear in front of countless media outlets to publicize an event that he proclaimed to wish be kept private. :rolleyes:

I am getting the impression that BC hasn't figured out yet that being in the media spotlight is not necessarily a good thing for himself or his client(s).

Could it be that Rick P. may be the only one in the family willing (read not afraid) to stand up to Cindy?

Could it be that Rick P. may be the only one in the family willing (read not afraid) to stand up to Cindy?

I really feel for RP. I can feel his unimaginable frustration with this woman who refuses to listen to him and only tries to placate him with some secret squirrel hooey!

How many do you know of that was in Cindy's position of both grandmother and mother? I don't think it was easy for Cindy trying to keep everyone looking for her granddaughter while at the same time trying not to help LE build a DP case against her daughter. What parent in their right mind would want to feed LE all the info necessary to put their child to death? I think she was walking a tight-rope caught between the unconditional love of both her daughter and granddaughter.

IMHO, unconditional love INCLUDES requiring your children to take responsibility for their actions and bad behavior, even if it hurts you and might mean they spend the rest of their life in jail. I wouldn't hesitate to turn one of my children in if they broke the law and I knew about it. Would it kill me to have to do that? You bet - but I would do it because I do love them.

Chitwood, the police chief of Daytona is a no-nonsense, shoot from the hip police officer. He came in a few years back and really did some sweeping around these parts. He has a good reputation with the public here.

From his interview the night they picked up George, when he said GA was despondent, I believed him.

I am the first to say that I have not been a supporter of the A's...CA for sure, and the rest. Whether GA took the meds or not, I saw real emotion on the Chief's face and heard it in his voice. I believe him to be a good man, so am trusting that he was truthful in that interview. I would put nothing past the A's at this point....but am going on what I saw in the chief's interview. Also, as far as I know, Halifax will not keep someone longer than the Baker act unless there is a reason to...just my 2c as somewhat of a local.

Do you know if this is still an active investigation?

Yep! Reads fishy. Also fishy to me is the part about his attorney BC insisting it was a suicide attempt. Even though he was not there to witness what the police saw or heard, he insists it as a suicide attempt.

At that point, George had nothing to do with what BC said. It's a big deal to be admitted under the Baker act. It's never done lightly. I tried to get my oldest daughter admitted under a similar law and they wouldn't take her. No matter how much I begged and pleaded with authorities that she was a danger to herself. The fact that he's still there speaks volumes, he must be in very bad shape. He doesn't get to stay just because he might want to, there has to be a medical neccessity.
Any way you look at it, authorities feel that George is a threat to himself. I don't understand why we have to discuss whether he actually swallowed the pills, or how many pills, or even what kind of pills.
George is a broken man and he needs our thoughts and prayers, regardless of whether he took the pills or just thought about taking them.

At that point, George had nothing to do with what BC said. It's a big deal to be admitted under the Baker act. It's never done lightly. I tried to get my oldest daughter admitted under a similar law and they wouldn't take her. No matter how much I begged and pleaded with authorities that she was a danger to herself. The fact that he's still there speaks volumes, he must be in very bad shape. He doesn't get to stay just because he might want to, there has to be a medical neccessity.
Any way you look at it, authorities feel that George is a threat to himself. I don't understand why we have to discuss whether he actually swallowed the pills, or how many pills, or even what kind of pills.
George is a broken man and he needs our thoughts and prayers, regardless of whether he took the pills or just thought about taking them.

From what I understand, he's not there under the Baker Act....he was moved to the general ward early last week.

Oh please don't mistake my earlier post. I also respect Chitwood and do not believe he would try to "scam" the public. I believe that everything he said was true. I also believe that he thought GA was in danger of harming himself that night. If I were in GA's shoes, I probably wouldn't think I had much to live for right now, either, and no human being should have to feel that way. What I was questioning was whether or not the pills had actually been taken(suicide actually attempted) or if he was actually just contemplating the idea. But, IMO BC is exploiting the whole "suicide attempt" for some reason, perhaps as a ploy for sympathy. He was just far too eager to appear in front of countless media outlets to publicize an event that he proclaimed to wish be kept private. :rolleyes:

MOmto5...I didn't even see your earlier post! Came in late to thread...No harm no foul! :blowkiss:

I do believe that it was a cry for help of some kind. George needs to talk and have someone listen. I'm sure he's carrying a mighty burden.

Ditto, fellow curious magazine buyer :)

snipped

I really don't think that either Cindy or George created Casey. I think she created them. The stresses of living with a sociopath are indescribable--they very much shape the behavior of those enduring it.

Removing Casey from either parent would not have changed the outcome in terms of her character. She is flawed, she is disordered.

The pathology in the Anthony family is a function of this character disorder, not vice versa.

I think you hit this head on! Great anaylsis!

Could the Anthony's and their attorney sold this to people Mag? They need money and would be in their best interest to get everything out in the open before they all go to court and get dragged thru the mud. might as well jump the gun and get paid for it, Right?

Nope. I am vastly curious about that as well.

whew.gif
Whew ... thought it might be time to invest in a new hinky meter.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back