Person of Interest Identified in Dylan Redwine case * MARK REDWINE ARRESTED**

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Something really bothers me about the new developments. Apparently, from what I've read, LE had tons of evidence, furthermore they were able to determine that it was homicide. So, after 3 years they decide to hire a criminal profiler to figure this out? And this criminal profiler figured it out. Did LE have blinders on or what?

The whole thing is weird imo.

Eta: let me clarify: I think the "profiler" thing is, interesting, you know, being an armchair profiling enthusiast and all lol. I'm very interested in his thoughts and what led him to his conclusions, specifically, for my ow educational purposes. Jmo

Justice For Our Little Dylan that captured all of our hearts!

""The bottom line is there is still a lot of work that needs to be done," Dylan's father said Thursday. "And the single most important work that needs to be done is continuing the search to find my son’s remains."

He also pointed out that only 2 percent of Dylan's remains have been found.

Sounds to me like he's saying... 'Slow down, you're not playing the game right. You can't arrest me yet, first you have to find where I've hidden Dylan and then and only then can you blame this on me.' Like he's been so sure all along that he couldn't be caught because proof would require finding more than 2% of Dylan's remains.

Pretty strange for a father to be told there is now a person of interest in his child's murder, and respond with... there's still more work to be done!? I would complete the sentence something like, "The bottom line is there is still a lot of work that needs to be done, before they can name (me) a person of interest."

IMO

It's funny how Mark is not cheering from the roof top that LE are closing in on a suspect . You would think he would be over joyed at this news but I'm not getting that vibe from him and I wonder why , is that rope starting to get a bit tighter !!

What's they point of having a POI if LE won't give out a name? I don't understand these games.
Usually LE names POIs and suspects.

Commentary: Don't name 'person of interest'

In a formal court of law, the distinction between suspect and "person of interest" is as fundamental as the assumption of innocence prior to evidence of guilt. In the informal court of public opinion, however, the distinction is so badly blurred that the good name and reputation of truly innocent people have often been ruined.

Many Americans will recall the name of Richard Jewell, who police and many news organizations called a person of interest following the Atlanta Olympic Park bombing. He was completely innocent and settled out-of-court with several news outlets for defamation of character.

The Richard Jewell case has been used to explain why police withhold the names of POI's.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/09/17/fox.person.of.interest/index.html?eref=rss_latest

What is a 'person of interest,' anyway?

"Critics worry that the term has become a crutch for law enforcement officers, allowing them to draw attention to individuals without formally accusing them," Jamie Jones of Florida's St. Petersburg Times wrote in 2004.

She warned the American Journalism Review that the phrase can mean authorities "are trying to scare the person into confessing, drum up more information about the person and kind of otherwise smooth over cracks in their case."

I doubt LE feels that this announcement will lead to a confession. It could "drum up more information" though.

JMO.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/...ted-states/130429/what-person-interest-anyway

I think "my" person of interest has already shown signs of a diminished mental state in the past so... as someone mentioned upthread maybe this is a psychological ploy and perhaps in combination with other legal factors might cause a POI to break.
Jmo

I think "my" person of interest has already shown signs of a diminished mental state in the past so... as someone mentioned upthread maybe this is a psychological ploy and perhaps in combination with other legal factors might cause a POI to break.
Jmo

What do you mean by "break"? Confess? Or something else?

Maybe break isn't the correct word. Maybe slip up, say something due to the extra stress levels. Or maybe its just my hopeful and wishful thinking and not reality at all. Jmo

Maybe break isn't the correct word. Maybe slip up, say something due to the extra stress levels. Or maybe its just my hopeful and wishful thinking and not reality at all. Jmo

I get what you mean now. He could make an incriminating statement.

Thanks.

Not sure what the point of the announcemnt is, unless the profile showed it might cause a reaction from POI. Jmo

have to say that Dylan is on my mind. No person (let alone a young person) deserves that end. How can the culprit live with himself (herself) ?? The perpetrator will never have any peace. Confession is the only way to live with oneself.

Do the right thing. Step forward.

My fear is the POI may decide to do something else as they have nothing to lose , they have threatened Elaine before as well .

IMO

Not sure what the point of the announcemnt is, unless the profile showed it might cause a reaction from POI. Jmo

I think this is very likely, although I wonder if it could also be an attempt to appease the public. The media had just announced that the family has filed a wrongful death suit, so the timing might be more than coincidental.

My fear is the POI may decide to do something else as they have nothing to lose , they have threatened Elaine before as well .

IMO

I'm sure Elaine knows that the lawsuit would anger Mark Redwine and has taken measures to protect herself and her family.

I don't remember him making threats. What kind were they?

JMO

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2015/07/04/la-plata-county/10111/

The father of Dylan Redwine says he might be the one a former FBI profiler recently called a ‘person of interest’ in his son’s death but he doesn’t know because authorities have rebuffed his efforts to speak with them.

“I’ve been in communication with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Department and they have no interest in communicating with me right now,” Mark Redwine, the father of deceased 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, said Saturday morning. “I may or may not be that person of interest. Right now there are more questions than answers.”

In response to Mikayoyo asking how an out of shape person got Dylan to where he was found:

Dylan was driven up Middle Mountain Road. The truck was parked at a wide bend in the road just after the gate which would close Dec 1, 2012. The deceased child was carried along a grassy footpath in the forest and placed in the fallen logs, bushes, tall pines/spruces, and rocks. I am not good at estimating walking distances, but it took me about two minutes to walk over the flat area to the resting area. An ATV trail coming up the mountain, at a steeper slope, meets the footpath and flat area. However, ATV noise in the night would be noticed. It's a beautiful, private place, nestled in the trees, and offers a view to the Los Pinos Valley.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...on-of-interest
"I look at behavioral things," Klismet explained. "What was done and what wasn’t done."

He also said that while the area is very steep, in the spot where Dylan's remains were found, it's flatter. It's an area that serves as a foot path and ATV path and some more items connected to the investigation were found there just last month.

Thank you! I think you are exactly right and I agree with this scenario 100%. And if he was too out- of-shape to carry Dylan, who's to say he didn't load his wheelbarrow into the truck, and then put Dylan in the wheelbarrow once he got to the area in Middle Mountain where he wanted to dispose of him. And let's not forget that he owns an ax because I know he has a wood stove and he chops wood for it. (My opinion, of course.)

Jmo

I think the POI that LE/Pete Klismet have homed in on is an acquaintance/relative of your POI (I think your "POI" is who I refer to as the "perp".) There are several females that MR had a connection to who may know a lot. I'm thinking postal route lady, a former GF or two, female relative, and a female who once spent about a week or two at MR's place comforting him after Dylan disappeared, but before his remains were found. I don't think these individuals are directly responsible, but think they could tell LE some very important details and now may have changed their opinions about MR, post-discovery of DR's remains.

This Pete Klismet seems like a charismatic sort of guy. Just what this case needs to be able to inveigle some very critical information necessary to crack this open once and for all. The civil action that Elaine has filed has broken the logjam. And that is quite a relief!

I only hope that the perp does not take the easy way out. (All my opinion.)

http://blogs.denverpost.com/coldcases/2015/07/04/la-plata-county/10111/

The father of Dylan Redwine says he might be the one a former FBI profiler recently called a ‘person of interest’ in his son’s death but he doesn’t know because authorities have rebuffed his efforts to speak with them.

“I’ve been in communication with the La Plata County Sheriff’s Department and they have no interest in communicating with me right now,” Mark Redwine, the father of deceased 13-year-old Dylan Redwine, said Saturday morning. “I may or may not be that person of interest. Right now there are more questions than answers.”

Oh, so NOW he's willing to speak to them. Prior to the "POI" announcement, he had NO INTEREST in speaking to LE or media.

Oh, so NOW he's willing to speak to them. Prior to the "POI" announcement, he had NO INTEREST in speaking to LE or media.

Mark has spoken a lot to media in the past. Where do you think all of the strange comments that he's made have come from?

I'm not aware of any reports from LE saying that he has refused to talk to them. Maybe I missed that.

JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member