Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought that it was stated it was Sunday that he either "checked out" or "left" the hotel. The body wasn't found until Wednesday. That's quite a few days to not go and clean a room IF he actually "checked out".

I heard it both ways now, so I am not sure if he "left" or checked out". :banghead:

Hi, Patty G; a murderer would have to be obsessive-compulsive or otherwise crazy to check out. Not checking out and leaving a "do not disturb sign" would give him some useful lead time to cross borders.

I thought that it was stated it was Sunday that he either "checked out" or "left" the hotel. The body wasn't found until Wednesday. That's quite a few days to not go and clean a room IF he actually "checked out".

I heard it both ways now, so I am not sure if he "left" or checked out". :banghead:
Maybe I'm just used to the hotels here in the US, but I still find it strange that no housekeeping services were done between Sunday to Wednesday, even if he hadn't checked out. Maybe the services just aren't the same there? MOO

But don't maids eventually come to clean....I find it odd that the front desk of this hotel didn't question 2-3 days of no cleaning unless Joran V. paid the hotel clerk money to leave the room undisturbed.??

I could see in a town like this, described as wealthy tourists, gambling and all you can imagine that goes along with it, if a room is paid up until Tuesday with a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, housekeeping ladies probably don't disturb. Now of course, this is all just my opinion, I have no way of knowing if his room was paid until that point, but that is the only scenario I can imagine no one entering the room otherwise.

Another thing that off is the fact he would have confidence to cross into Chile so openly. How did he know her body hadn't been found?

He may be carrying a cell phone or other device that he can surf the net with. He could be checking local Peru news for news that her body has been found.

Maybe he told them that he was checking out, but that his friend would be staying, and that she was sick so she shouldn't be disturbed, and he paid for the next few days ahead of time. Maybe by Tuesday night the body started to smell which alerted the hotel to the 'problem'.

I could see in a town like this, described as wealthy tourists, gambling and all you can imagine that goes along with it, if a room is paid up until Tuesday with a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, housekeeping ladies probably don't disturb. Now of course, this is all just my opinion, I have no way of knowing if his room was paid until that point, but that is the only scenario I can imagine no one entering the room otherwise.
It's about all I can think of that makes sense also. MOO

Van Der Sloot, who is good with languages, also speaks Spanish and to get to Surinam, he will have to go through all those countries.

Suriname has extradition treaty with the Netherlands, unlike most South American countries. If he ends up getting arrested there, he could be extradited to the Netherlands for trial and sentence. He would be a hell of a lot better off than in Peru.

This story says he was spotted in a northern Chile city today. Not sure of this media source, may be false, but they quote a Chilean police officer

http://www.islandcrisis.net/2010/06...-van-der-sloot-spotted-northern-chilean-city/

If true, he may have paid the two men mentioned in the article to help him get across the border.

It's a long way from Lima, Peru to Arica, Chile.
Driving directions to Arica, Chile
1,343 km – about 19 hours 10 mins (840 miles along the coast)
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou....037977,-77.028322&spn=0.024344,0.055189&z=14
It's like Oklahoma City to Los Angeles. (Time-wise, not distance-wise)

Van Der Sloot, who is good with languages, also speaks Spanish and to get to Surinam, he will have to go through all those countries.

I read that he wasn't very fluent in Spanish. He's fluent in several other languages, but not Spanish. At least that's what I understood.

I am right there with you. I wish we knew for sure what actually happened. There's a big difference between going to the desk and checking out, and just leaving. If he just left and the room was paid for a few more days, then there you go. But if he actually checked out, that does raise an eyebrow. I do know that receipts can be left for the guest and they don't have to check out at the front desk, but still, they'd be considered checked out. I can almost see housekeeping letting a room slip for a day, but not for two days!

Gah! This is killing me!

Yes, that's what I think. Told them he wanted to pay in advance, and may have said he was checking out whenever to get a head start. However, what about the obvious - body in room. Wonder if selected a somewhat isolated room (end of corridor, top floor, etc.). But still, the obvious - body in room. Probably paid a poor worker/maid nice sum of cash to not enter/clean the room.

It's a long way from Lima, Peru to Arica, Chile.
It's like Oklahoma City to Los Angeles. (Time-wise, not distance-wise)
It is a long way, but Arica is very close to the Santa Rosa Crossing where he crossed from Peru into Chile.

Please don't throw anything at me, but I don't think he did this. Just too messy for him.He covered himself too well with Natalie to screw up like this. imo moo etc

If ya ask me, his dad cleaned up his mess last time.

I read that he wasn't very fluent in Spanish. He's fluent in several other languages, but not Spanish. At least that's what I understood.

Money is an international language.

Yes, that's what I think. Told them he wanted to pay in advance, and may have said he was checking out whenever to get a head start. However, what about the obvious - body in room. Wonder if selected a somewhat isolated room (end of corridor, top floor, etc.) But still, the obvious - body in room. Probably paid a poor worker/maid nice sum of cash to not enter/clean the room.

That and i.b. nora's post makes a lot of sense. I can definitely see that happening. He checks himself out of the room but pays for his friend to stay in there. I hadn't even thought of that. With a Do Not Disturb sign on the door, they wouldn't go in there. Maybe he left the air conditioning on and it got so cold that the body didn't decompose so rapidly (that's if those hotels are like American hotels where you can turn the room into a freezer almost with the air conditioning. I know because my mother did that so many times when we went on vacation because of her hot flashes). The isolated room makes sense, but dang that would take methodical planning. That part is just chilling. It's possible He didn't think that far and got lucky, but maybe not. And I can definitely see him paying off workers who probably had never seen so much money in their lives to not go in there either.

Suriname has extradition treaty with the Netherlands, unlike most South American countries. If he ends up getting arrested there, he could be extradited to the Netherlands for trial and sentence. He would be a hell of a lot better off than in Peru.
The Netherlands would not try him for a crime committed in Peru.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo