Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just can't see him attempting to survive in the jungle. Nope, he's way too accustom to his amenities.

http://gosouthamerica.about.com/cs/southamerica/a/ChiArica.htm

# By land:

* The PanAmerican Highway connects Arica to Peru and other Chilean cities.
* Bus service, either domestic, or international to and from Peru, Bolivia, and Argentina is available.
* Train service to Peru via Tacna, (see ENAFER Tacna - Arica/Chile line) and to La Paz, Bolivia is available. The train to La Paz offers limited seating, and it's best to make reservations the week ahead during the summer months.
* Taxis and car rental.

# By sea:

* In addition to being a commercial port, Arica is also a port-of-call for many cruise ships who offer day-trip excursions inland as well as city tours.
* Private sailboats and yachts berth at the marina.

Can he be tried for a crime committed in Peru in a Netherlands court?

Apparently not.

Latest news here in Holland is that he actually confessed the crime to one of his friends. He has said that he "did something bad". Sounds like a closed case to me.

According to another source (a Dutch media related idiot with his own TV show, called "terror jaap") Joran was depressed, was suicidal, and apparently lost a lot of money gambling.

I'm sure they pointed that out becaue on one of the other morning shows he claimed that there was no way JVS did it because he left on Sunday and she was found on Wed and there would have been cleaning people coming in.

I read on a link somewhere on this thread that he allegedly told hotel employees "I'll be back' when he was seen leaving Sunday in Stephany's vehicle. He was also carrying two black bags.

This combined with the room being in his name thru Wed. and him asking not to be distubed during his stay makes me think he knew he was a few days ahead of LE because her body wouldn't be discovered til after his check out date.

Hope this makes sense and all MOO.

wm

Where can I read this ? tia

Translation from a Dutch news site.

"Joran confessed murder to Poker friend"

AMSTERDAM - Joran van der Sloot has acknowledged earlier this week by telephone that he is guilty of the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Ramirez Tatiana Flores, last Sunday in a hotel in Peru.

Reported by various sources and the friends of Joran. The suspect now fled to Chile last Tuesday. Van der Sloot would have been in contact with a Dutch poker friend. Joran would have told him that he was with the girl and killed her with a knife.

The reason for the murder of Stephany would have been Joran pathological need for media attention. The girl was stabbed Sunday in Lima and was found murdered in a hotel room. That room was in the name of Joran. Sunday was exactly five years ago in Aruba Natalee Holloway disappeared.

Joran had contact with Jaap Amesz (Terror Jaap) a few weeks ago. At that time he would still have stayed in Venezuela. "Joran was very depressed at that time. He told Jaap he walked around with plans to deprive himself of life," said one insider.

Jaap Amesz would not answer questions about his alleged recent contact with Joran "I want the police investigation not to be jeopardized."

He is believed to be traveling to the Dutch embassy about 190 miles south of Arica. When he enters there he can't be arrested by the Peruvian/Chilean authorities. He has 48 hours to get there (before the international arrest warrant goes out).

I'm interested to know where this information came from.

Ghostface, Thank you for translating these news stories for us!

wm

Another news story from the web site of a Peruvian TV station web site. According to the story, VDS robbed the victim of $5,000.

Google Translation

At 5:20 am, Adeli Manchero Abad, hosting employee told police he saw the girl and the stranger enter the room 309.

At 8 am, the subject left the hotel and bought two cups of coffee at a local supermarket. He returned to the room at 8:40 and retired with a rucksack and hand luggage. 'I'll be back', reportedly told an employee.

http://www.trome.com/tonline/Html/2010-06-02/ontractualidad1092456.html

Bringing this forward again since it'd been discussed.

This, combined with finding out that he'd been living there for 2ish weeks prior and had established with the hotel not to disturb him/the room that he was "living" there, and it also being a lower end hotel all make far more sense in the how she was in the room for over 2 days undetected.

I thought that I heard on HLN that evidence/skin was found under her nails??
If my memory is correct the father said they can compare JVS DNA with the DNA under his daughters nails. It was either JVM, NG or the three minutes Gretta gave it. (Grrrrrrrr- Gretta, please get back to investigative reporting and stop all this political bs! .....sorry, had to rant!) But, I heard that too and hoped he "KNOWS" there is DNA under the nails.

Speaking of Greta - just said on FOX that they are going to have her on within the hour and how she is one that actually interviewed him (over Natalee's case).

Bringing this forward again since it'd been discussed.

This, combined with finding out that he'd been living there for 2ish weeks prior and had established with the hotel not to disturb him/the room that he was "living" there, and it also being a lower end hotel all make far more sense in the how she was in the room for over 2 days undetected.

They showed the hotel on MSNBC about an hour ago and it didn't look lower end to me. I'm not an international traveller, but it did look nice. Very modern, glass exterior. It had TAC on the side of the building. I guess that was the correct hotel.

The View is covering it this morning, too. And, gosh....her name escapes me, :doh: but a well-known legal analyst is guest-hosting.

Based on Joe Taco's interview on GMA this morning, I have a few questions about the whole thing. (By the way, Robin Roberts is brilliant, holding her own against Joe!)

1. Joe said he knows that Joran left the hotel on Sunday, but the girl was found Wednesday. Do we have proof that Joran indeed left Sunday?

2. If Joe knows this information, he has spoken to Joran, and that means he's still alive. I am guessing here, but do we know for sure that Joe Taco has spoken to Joran?

3. They are calling Joran a suspect and there is an international manhunt for him. Does this mean they have enough evidence (other than a surveillance camera and a few housekeeping staff testimony) to charge him??

:waitasec:

What do you mean by "few housekeeping staff?" There is also an eye witness who was a hotel guest that saw Joran entering his hotel room with Stephany. Also, what are you inferring about the housekeeping staff? I'm taking it as an insult to these people, so you may want to clarify.

He is believed to be traveling to the Dutch embassy about 190 miles south of Arica. When he enters there he can't be arrested by the Peruvian/Chilean authorities. He has 48 hours to get there (before the international arrest warrant goes out).

I don't understand how they can issue an international arrest warrant for him but that Survivor producer guy is safe and sound because he crossed a border??:furious:

They showed the hotel on MSNBC about an hour ago and it didn't look lower end to me. I'm not an international traveller, but it did look nice. Very modern, glass exterior. It had TAC on the side of the building. I guess that was the correct hotel.

RATE RANGE (USD): From $30 to $50 per night *
*some variation outside range

Translation from a Dutch news site.

"Joran confessed murder to Poker friend"

AMSTERDAM - Joran van der Sloot has acknowledged earlier this week by telephone that he is guilty of the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Ramirez Tatiana Flores, last Sunday in a hotel in Peru.

Reported by various sources and the friends of Joran. The suspect now fled to Chile last Tuesday. Van der Sloot would have been in contact with a Dutch poker friend. Joran would have told him that he was with the girl and killed her with a knife.

The reason for the murder of Stephany would have been Joran pathological need for media attention. The girl was stabbed Sunday in Lima and was found murdered in a hotel room. That room was in the name of Joran. Sunday was exactly five years ago in Aruba Natalee Holloway disappeared.

Joran had contact with Jaap Amesz (Terror Jaap) a few weeks ago. At that time he would still have stayed in Venezuela. "Joran was very depressed at that time. He told Jaap he walked around with plans to deprive himself of life," said one insider.

Jaap Amesz would not answer questions about his alleged recent contact with Joran "I want the police investigation not to be jeopardized."

Thank you for providing this Ghostface. Could this part be a translation issue, meaning that (if you give this person credibility) Joran told him essentially he would kill himself?

"Joran had contact with Jaap Amesz (Terror Jaap) a few weeks ago. At that time he would still have stayed in Venezuela. "Joran was very depressed at that time. He told Jaap he walked around with plans to deprive himself of life," said one insider."

Also noting, this would have been before this murder was committed; he's gone completely off the deep end without Papa Paulus. Obviously he's been teetering for five years, or more.

The View is covering it this morning, too. And, gosh....her name escapes me, :doh: but a well-known legal analyst is guest-hosting.

Did they already talk about it? I didn't read your post until just now. Hope I didn't miss it. Thank you.

Darn! I can't remember her name now either! She co-anchored with Jack Ford on court-tv.

SNIPPED:
Based on Joe Taco's interview on GMA this morning, I have a few questions about the whole thing. (By the way, Robin Roberts is brilliant, holding her own against Joe!)
2. If Joe knows this information, he has spoken to Joran, and that means he's still alive. I am guessing here, but do we know for sure that Joe Taco has spoken to Joran?:waitasec:

On Fox this morning, JoeT stated that the last time he had been in touch with VDS was around the time of his father's death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarrilinaCali