Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #10

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he got a hotel employee to open the door with a dead girl inside just proves what a coldblooded killer he is.

Who said Joren wasn't calculating?!

I did. A person who continually gives various confessions without any concern about incriminating himself or even landing himself in a prison where he will be tortured, is not a cunning or calculating person.

A person who commits rash acts that will have a long lasting negative impact on his own life and interfere with all his plans is not a cunning or calculating person.......
He's intelligent yes, charming yes, maybe parasitic or desperate for money, but he's shown he's not cunning or calculating. :waitasec:

I do not think they have shown that one yet. Boy what a duffus. He did not even close the door the first time. He is not a good actor at all. His goose is so cooked it is unreal. Adios Joran. Enjoy your new home. :woohoo:
Ok...so the door was open.

Ok...I thought I read...or perhaps picked up from the video something about him calling the room when he realized he didn't have a key. At one point it looks like he actually opened the door then pulled it shut. Probably just him jiggling the knob.

Watch again the door was not all the way closed. He had to pull it again for it to close.

OMG - and there's the coffee video. He comes OUT of the room with 2 cuppers, and what looks like cake. Shuts the door, PRETENDS to knock. Looks at the camera, then comes back with the TAC employee. TAC employee opens the door, and Joran walks in and closes the door.

SHE WAS DEAD ALREADY! OMG. JVS was already setting up his alibi....

http://translate.google.com/transla...r-llaves-cuarto-donde-asesino-stephany-flores
Where the heck did he think he was going with the coffee?

Sociopath is actually the old term as far as diagnosis goes. It is now called Antisocial Personality Disorder. It requires display of behaviors by 15 and a pattern of at least three of the traits.
Diagnosis

[edit] DSM

The Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders fourth edition, DSM IV-TR = 301.7, a widely used manual for diagnosing mental disorders, defines antisocial personality disorder (in Axis II Cluster B) as:[1]

A) There is a pervasive pattern of disregard for and the rights of others occurring since the age of 15, as indicated by three (or more) of the following:
  1. failure to conform to social norms with respect to lawful behaviors as indicated by repeatedly performing acts that are grounds for arrest;
  2. deceitfulness, as indicated by repeatedly lying, use of aliases, or conning others for personal profit or pleasure;
  3. impulsivity or failure to plan ahead;
  4. irritability and aggressiveness, as indicated by repeated physical fights or assaults;
  5. reckless disregard for safety of self or others;
  6. consistent irresponsibility, as indicated by repeated failure to sustain consistent work behavior or honor financial obligations;
  7. lack of remorse, as indicated by being indifferent to or rationalizing having hurt, mistreated, or stolen from another.
B) The individual is at least 18 years of age. C) There is evidence of Conduct disorder with onset before age 15. D) The occurrence of antisocial behavior is not exclusively during the course of schizophrenia or a manic episode.
Millon's subtypes

Theodore Millon identified five subtypes of antisocial.[9][10] Any individual antisocial may exhibit none, one or more than one of the following:

• covetous antisocial - variant of the pure pattern where individuals feel that life has not given them their due.
  • reputation-defending antisocial - including narcissistic features
  • risk-taking antisocial - including histrionic features

gracious!

I'm looking at the list and thinking he falls into every single category

I did. A person who continually gives various confessions without any concern about incriminating himself or even landing himself in a prison where he will be tortured, is not a cunning or calculating person.

A person who commits rash acts that will have a long lasting negative impact on his own life and interfere with all his plans is not a cunning or calculating person.......
He's intelligent yes, charming yes, maybe parasitic or desperate for money, but he's shown he's not cunning or calculating. :waitasec:
In his own mind he is...

calculation: planning something carefully and intentionally

http://wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn?s=calculation

Just because it wasn't the smartest plan, doesn't mean he didn't try to calculate his way out.

Where the heck did he think he was going with the coffee?

To make the TAC employee look like he was coming back I guess. But for those who have watched many a soap episodes, it looks like those cups are already empty. If you're holding 2 cups of hot coffee, you don't move around as quickly has he appears to be. Holding with 1 hand, trying to knock on the door, shutting the door. Full cups would spill out of their little sippie.

Maybe it's just me.

Mel

About the whole "extortion" thing- how could either Joran or the Holloways trust the other in such a scheme? Would Joran really have been clueless enough to think that his arch enemy, who publicly suspected him of causing her daughter's death over and over again, was going to pay him $250,000? Did he really think they had that kind of money? As for Beth, how could she have thought this habitual liar was going to finally tell her where the body was? That's why, it had to originate on the Twitty/Holloway side- that's the way stings always work.

Again, I find the timing most peculiar. The payoff of $15,000 (or was it $10,000- again, conflicting accounts) allegedly took place on May 10. Even some mainstream "journalists" have questioned the obvious oddity of the FBI not busting Joran on the spot, as they invariably do in normal stings. At any rate, almost immediately after this, Joran decides, inexplicably in my view, to go to Peru. Why Peru? What was the attraction there? If he had a lot of cash suddenly, aren't there many far more attractive places to go gamble than this small Third World nation?

I admit I don't know all the nuances in such a conspiracy, but I simply can't accept all these "coincidences." I think that's why so many conspiracies are successful; people are trained, by their teachers, politicians and media, to instantly dismiss such notions. And, by their nature, there are secrets associated with them that none of us, even those most receptive to such theories, can easily surmise.

[bbm]

Latin American Poker Tour
Lima June 2-6/10
sponsored by pokerstars.net
(supposedly Joran played online)

not everything is a conspiracy IMO

It looked to me, like those 2 cups were empty, maybe because of the way he was holding them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState