Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure his mother can support him financially. Panther posted a link to an article that included some info about the family finances. Quote from the article:

"The Van der Sloot family's finances were already depleted hiring lawyers to defend him in the Holloway case. Now his mother Anita, an art teacher at Aruba's international school, must pay for defense counsel in Peru."

Paulus was the main breadwinner (unless she came from wealth) and it was his job that allowed them to live the lifestyle they had. It seems Joran was cut off financially after his father passed. She has two other sons to take care of and I have no idea if Paulus had a life insurance policy. If he didn't and she has to survive on a teacher's salary, Joran will get little help from her financially.

As for living like a king--never. I read he doesn't have a toilet in his cell. He has a bucket. Don't know how often he gets to empty it or if someone does it for him. Plus, he is probably terrified every waking moment knowing he is next to to a Colombian hit man for hire.

IMO
On the Dateline special (being shown right now on MSNBC) a lady reporter just confirmed the part about Paulus being the source of income, Anita not working, and Joran being "lost" after Paulus suddenly passed away. She also said Joran has some kind of need to be in the news (regarding Natalee) which had also dwindled ~ up until now. Interesting, imo.

Apparently, he prefers the floor...lol

Oh you just reminded me, I wanted to ask everyone's thoughts, why would he prefer the floor? I'm scratching my head trying to come up with a reason but I can't. :behindbar

"I want to come clean, my father's dead now, I have nothing to hide..."

Interesting choice of words for when JVS starts the extortion process.

Oh you just reminded me, I wanted to ask everyone's thoughts, why would he prefer the floor? I'm scratching my head trying to come up with a reason but I can't. :behindbar

Bed bugs? Lice? Foul odors? HUGE disgusting stains....? Just guessing

"I want to come clean, my father's dead now, I have nothing to hide..."

Interesting choice of words for when JVS starts the extortion process.

I would be willing to bet, his dad was smart enough to know Joran would have blackmailed him or blabbed eventually if he allowed Jordan to know where the body was disposed of. His dad knew him, and knew him well enough to know he couldn't be trusted.

Dateline: oh here's the part about where he wanted to leave the beach but Natalee wouldn't let him......:banghead:

Do inmates get toilet paper?

shiver...

I bet they don't

EEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!

I have to say..watching the video of Joran being led to his cell was very disturbing to me as a human being. I TOTALLY feel he should pay for this horrific crime but do not think wishing suffering, threats to his life, and possible torture is a part of a civil punishment. Him stating his head hurts or whatever and that he hasn't eaten in 2 days are basic needs of a human not part of a punishment. I believe if we wish torture and suffering on those that commit crimes we become as sadist as the criminal. He deserves to pay for this crime, no one should suffer like his victims but it is disturbing to me to watch others wish such extreme suffering. If he spends his days in that place, even if he isn't targeted by other prisoners....he will be in hell. I feel sick about the human race at this point. What we do to each other is unremarkable. We should be careful not to think evil...that is what separates us and makes society civil. JMO.

His suffering is peanuts to the way his victims suffer. No, I absolutely do not feel any pity for him. I reserve my sympathy for his mom. It must be horrible for her to see those videos.

Oh I know ~ I saw that pdf earlier today also and was trying to translate it myself and not doing too well with it. :)

Actually, it seems that he's just about telling the truth in his confession!

One mystery solved: he says he took off her shoes and pants after she was dead, but doesn't know why.

He also says the whole thing started about 1/2 hour after they entered his room.

I have to say..watching the video of Joran being led to his cell was very disturbing to me as a human being. I TOTALLY feel he should pay for this horrific crime but do not think wishing suffering, threats to his life, and possible torture is a part of a civil punishment. Him stating his head hurts or whatever and that he hasn't eaten in 2 days are basic needs of a human not part of a punishment. I believe if we wish torture and suffering on those that commit crimes we become as sadist as the criminal. He deserves to pay for this crime, no one should suffer like his victims but it is disturbing to me to watch others wish such extreme suffering. If he spends his days in that place, even if he isn't targeted by other prisoners....he will be in hell. I feel sick about the human race at this point. What we do to each other is unremarkable. We should be careful not to think evil...that is what separates us and makes society civil. JMO.

Watching the video I feel awful too - but for Natalee and Stefany who had their young lives suddenly snuffed out and for their grieving families. Joran acted like an animal and deserves to be treated like one. JMHO

Dateline: oh here's the part about where he wanted to leave the beach but Natalee wouldn't let him......:banghead:

Its always someone else's fault, they made him do it! Geesh, that part on Dateline gave me shivers.

He reminds me in alot of ways of a child who when in trouble tries to fib. He doesn't realize how ridiculous his stories sound. :furious:

One mystery solved: he says he took off her shoes and pants after she was dead, but doesn't know why.

He also says the whole thing started about 1/2 hour after they entered his room.

It also explains how they were able to apprehend him and why exactly the taxi drivers were charged

Where is this info coming from? Thanks

I don't know if I believe the part about him not knowing why he removed her pants, but I do believe the timeline. I could never imagine why she'd stay in the room for almost 3 hrs. (his original story about getting coffee, coming back and killing her) if she were alive. MOO

I don't know if I believe the part about him not knowing why he removed her pants, but I do believe the timeline. I could never imagine why she'd stay in the room for almost 3 hrs. (his original story about getting coffee, coming back and killing her) if she were alive. MOO

Maybe he was staging a rape. Who knows?

Geraldo's on but he'll also have other stories besides Joran.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deborah_Swell