Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/nh_rwv/158068871/

Is this the Lorenzo guy ? I remember seeing him in other pics with Joran

Can't see your link but he is on page 5--top row, middle pic--he's the one on the left.

There was a video pages back, which apparently showed the conditions of the prison. I can't view it, its not available for Canadians. :(

There were comments referring to "the outcasts", what are outcasts and why are they scrounging for food?

hi fellow Canadian :dance:

the outcasts have aids or are considered otherwise unsuitable by the rest of the prisoners so they throw them out of the cells & keep their portion of food & let the outcasts scrounge for garbage :frown:

I have to say..watching the video of Joran being led to his cell was very disturbing to me as a human being. I TOTALLY feel he should pay for this horrific crime but do not think wishing suffering, threats to his life, and possible torture is a part of a civil punishment. Him stating his head hurts or whatever and that he hasn't eaten in 2 days are basic needs of a human not part of a punishment. I believe if we wish torture and suffering on those that commit crimes we become as sadist as the criminal. He deserves to pay for this crime, no one should suffer like his victims but it is disturbing to me to watch others wish such extreme suffering. If he spends his days in that place, even if he isn't targeted by other prisoners....he will be in hell. I feel sick about the human race at this point. What we do to each other is unremarkable. We should be careful not to think evil...that is what separates us and makes society civil. JMO.

While I agree that prisoners should be treated humanely, I seriously doubt he was being starved. He was given a meal in prison.. and from what I'm gathering, he didn't want that.. he wanted "what the guards were eating" so, then he was given chicken and rice.. which he ate half of. They didn't have to give him that.. they should've (imo) made him eat what the reast of the prisoners had to eat. Who is he to get special treatment?
He was being fed.. granted it wasn't anything posh or gourmet.. but hey, if you're gonna go around killing people, then you're gonna go to jail and that means eating jail food. HE put himself there. If you can't do the time.. don't do the crime.

While I agree that prisoners should be treated humanely, I seriously doubt he was being starved. He was given a meal in prison.. and from what I'm gathering, he didn't want that.. he wanted "what the guards were eating" so, then he was given chicken and rice.. which he ate half of. They didn't have to give him that.. they should've (imo) made him eat what the reast of the prisoners had to eat. Who is he to get special treatment?

Exactly. He made his bed, now he must lay in it.

If I remember correctly, I think Lorenzo is actually OLDER than Joran, not younger.

So it is...

Lorenzo
Joran
V-----
S------

in that order.

I think? Maybe someone can confirm it?

The rumor was that Lorenzo was conceived before Paulus was even married to Anita. Again it is just a rumor. Never really substantiated.

In the video after they gave him his "blankie" and loaded the inmates in the van .. did it appear that the back doors had bullet scars...It looked like places where bullets had hit in the past ...

Great find! I've been waiting to see this. Someone else just posted it in Spanish as a PDF, so couldn't get a Google translation. I never thought we'd get to see it in English!
Oh I know ~ I saw that pdf earlier today also and was trying to translate it myself and not doing too well with it. :)

I have to say..watching the video of Joran being led to his cell was very disturbing to me as a human being. I TOTALLY feel he should pay for this horrific crime but do not think wishing suffering, threats to his life, and possible torture is a part of a civil punishment. Him stating his head hurts or whatever and that he hasn't eaten in 2 days are basic needs of a human not part of a punishment. I believe if we wish torture and suffering on those that commit crimes we become as sadist as the criminal. He deserves to pay for this crime, no one should suffer like his victims but it is disturbing to me to watch others wish such extreme suffering. If he spends his days in that place, even if he isn't targeted by other prisoners....he will be in hell. I feel sick about the human race at this point. What we do to each other is unremarkable. We should be careful not to think evil...that is what separates us and makes society civil. JMO.

Look prison shouldn't be a picnic, He's in prison...and prisons are full of CRIMINALS! He is being treated AS WELL as anyone else there...probably a little better.

You do realize not eating for two days is a normal practice for many religious people and health reasons ....fasting is practiced by MILLIONS of people. It won't kill him.

Extreme suffering? Please...What makes him better and deserving of better treatment than anyone else in that prison?

Wonder how long it will be before someone starts a "donate to Joran"
website. His mother will not have to support him if enough people feel sorry for him.
He may live like the King of Castro, wine, women and drugs.
IMO

I'm not sure his mother can support him financially. Panther posted a link to an article that included some info about the family finances. Quote from the article:

"The Van der Sloot family's finances were already depleted hiring lawyers to defend him in the Holloway case. Now his mother Anita, an art teacher at Aruba's international school, must pay for defense counsel in Peru."

Paulus was the main breadwinner (unless she came from wealth) and it was his job that allowed them to live the lifestyle they had. It seems Joran was cut off financially after his father passed. She has two other sons to take care of and I have no idea if Paulus had a life insurance policy. If he didn't and she has to survive on a teacher's salary, Joran will get little help from her financially.

As for living like a king--never. I read he doesn't have a toilet in his cell. He has a bucket. Don't know how often he gets to empty it or if someone does it for him. Plus, he is probably terrified every waking moment knowing he is next to to a Colombian hit man for hire.

IMO

hi fellow Canadian :dance:

the outcasts have aids or are considered otherwise unsuitable by the rest of the prisoners so they throw them out of the cells & keep their portion of food & let the outcasts scrounge for garbage :frown:

That's what happens when the nuts run the asylum! Personally, I like the idea.

What I find incredibly strange and a HUGE contradiction is the loving way I've seen him interact with his mother. It seems so warm and genuine.

There's a pic or two in the above flicker link and I've seen the short video clip. Odd, very odd.

Not really. She was probably still financing him in those pictures. Joran is very calculating IMO. Remember his Email, if you are not helping me($$$), you are no use to me or something similar to that.

The mother of Joran, Anita van der Sloot gave an interview at the family home at Greta Van Susteren and Beth Holloway that their son had in their hands because a 'Defiant attitude' and that Joran visited a psychiatrist. "They had no control over him". (2) Gerold Dompig, a time investigator in the Holloway case, confirms this in a CBS broadcast of '48 hours' on March 25, 2006.
Hij meldt daarin dat de FBI een profiel had gemaakt van Joran: “… a person who has never been corrected by his parents. He's the boss of what happens in that house (…) he's allowed to do anything”.
He says it that the FBI had made a profile of Joran: "... a person who HAS Never Been Corrected by His parents. He's the boss of what happens in That house (...) he's allowed to do anything".

http://www.hetvrijevolk.com/index.php?pagina=5365

Boy how direct ,,,,,,and true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members