Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
July 4th - El Comercio - Joran van der Sloot will be up to three lawyers. Joseph Tacopina is one of his lawyers...

Article below (google translation).

The defense of the Netherlands comes this Friday at Lima. Among his legal representatives would be Joseph Tacopina, who was also attorney for Michael Jackson

The confessed murderer of the young Stephany Flores , Joran van der Sloot , will have up to three lawyers to his defense before facing trial in Spain for the crime of murder.

According to the newspaper "Perú.21, two of the defenders of the Netherlands would be foreign citizens and arrive in Lima on Friday to ensure the rights of his client.

WEIGHT DEFENSE
It was learned that among the lawyers who would arrive this week find Joseph Tacopina, who defended Van der Sloot in the case of the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway in Aruba, and who was also attorney for Michael Jackson.

Tacopina has questioned the evidence presented against the Netherlands and even argued that third person would be responsible for the killing of Flores. Also expressed its surprise that the body has been found in the room just three days after the crime.

"Joran van der Sloot has been falsely accused of murder. The fact is that it has a target on their back now and he is a usual suspect in quotation marks, "said the portal azcentral.com.

DO NOT SPEAK
The current champion of Van der Sloot, Maximum Highness, said the confessed murderer of Stephany Flores continued in silence to the holder of the Fourth Criminal Court of Lima, Carlos Morales Cordova.

Link to original article: http://elcomercio.pe/noticia/505334/joran-van-der-sloot-contara-hasta-tres-abogados?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Get a grip Joe. You can't be that stupid. Joe represented Melanie what's her name and she is in prison for the rest of her life. Keep up the good work Joe.
Twenty attorneys aren't going to save Joran's skin. He confessed and there is enough evidence to sink a ship. Wonder who is paying these attorneys. Is Joe so loaded that he can do this for nothing or is he satisfied just having his name in the paper and all over the media.

Wow. There truly are no depths JVDS will not sink to. I hope that Peruvian officials are going to put a stop to this nonsense and disallow him any interviews.

Just keep in mind, Joran needs freedom to prosper in his world.
That is the onething he isnt going to see (if ever again). He may
try to substitute money for freedom but it wont work. Joran is
trapped and in time he will crack. He's only human!

i think he is just trying to stay current and in the public eye so news agencies may be willing to pay him for anything that he is will to throw out... i think he should not have access to interviews of any kind to media right now...

He is playing every card - sure sign things are getting to him.
He is no longer in control.

Somebody's got some bucks to foot Joran's legal fees:

"The Dutchman Joran van der Sloot , the confessed murderer of the young Stephany Flores , will have up to three lawyers for his defense....to ensure the rights of [the] client. Two of them, of foreign origin, will arrive in Lima on Friday [the 9th] (translated erroneously in text as September...9th month).

Among the scholars who come to the country would be Joseph Tacopina."

http://translate.google.com/transla...bogados-extranjeros-joran-llegan-este-viernes

http://translate.google.com/transla...ran-van-der-sloot-contara-hasta-tres-abogados

Here we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Added: Read the 'Comments' section on the first link....they talk about the corrupt judges in Peru and how it wouldn't be surprising if the judges get bribed to acquit JVDS.

This was to be expected. Joran has support in So Africa. This was
brought to my attention this weekend. :banghead:

Get a grip Joe. You can't be that stupid. Joe represented Melanie what's her name and she is in prison for the rest of her life. Keep up the good work Joe.
Twenty attorneys aren't going to save Joran's skin. He confessed and there is enough evidence to sink a ship. Wonder who is paying these attorneys. Is Joe so loaded that he can do this for nothing or is he satisfied just having his name in the paper and all over the media.

yeah - i remember that case, i cant think of her last name either, but it was the lady/nurse that dismembered her husband, put him in her OWN(iirc it was monogrammed or something and le had traced its purchase on ebay or something crazy like that...) luggage and threw him in the chesapeake bay... jvds's case is about as hopeless at that one was. but i guess joe cant refuse all the pr attached... it cant be the money if there are already three lawyers to pay...he better get to sellin some interviews fast! i gotta say that i like joe tacopina tho or maybe i just like the looks of him :blushing:

yeah - i remember that case, i cant think of her last name either, but it was the lady/nurse that dismembered her husband, put him in her OWN(iirc it was monogrammed or something and le had traced its purchase on ebay or something crazy like that...) luggage and threw him in the chesapeake bay... jvds's case is about as hopeless at that one was. but i guess joe cant refuse all the pr attached... it cant be the money if there are already three lawyers to pay...he better get to sellin some interviews fast! i gotta say that i like joe tacopina tho or maybe i just like the looks of him :blushing:

It would be better that Joran had a sound defense than none
at all - to legitimise the Peruvian case and Court system. What
we are seeing right now are preliminaries coupled with media
speculation; the meat will come later. All we have to fear is
fear itself? Joran has slipped through before but now Joran
has lost all control. I dont see any sign that he has any control
or has accomplished anything to his advantage since the arrest.
Am I missing something?

It would be better that Joran had a sound defense than none
at all - to legitimise the Peruvian case and Court system. What
we are seeing right now are preliminaries coupled with media
speculation; the meat will come later. All we have to fear is
fear itself? Joran has slipped through before but now Joran
has lost all control. I dont see any sign that he has any control
or has accomplished anything to his advantage since the arrest.
Am I missing something?

no, i dont think you have missed anything concrete. but i think that because jvds has never had to pay the piper before and the fact that even tho his mother and dutch embassy claim that they have no interest in getting him out of this current mess somehow he has a crew of attorneys and access to the media ... i can see the reason for the uneasiness of all of it... the money is coming from somewhere but no one is claiming it...and jvds hasnt yet that we know of accepted an interview deal or we havent seen an interview yet... so somebody of means is involved in this...WHO and how powerful are they??? and how successful will they be? he has always skated scott free... i think there is a real possibility that he may get out of this too...jmho.... it makes me sick to say that too... :/ especially because of the slam dunk evidence this time as opposed to the nh case...

I think Joran could bring in half the free world and he's not going anywhere. He picked a victim, this time, whose family has clout. He is not going to walk this time. Peru knows the world is watching. They also know what the world thinks of Joran. They are not going to risk looking like yokels by letting him go. I just don't see that happening in any type of scenario.

I think Joran could bring in half the free world and he's not going anywhere. He picked a victim, this time, whose family has clout. He is not going to walk this time. Peru knows the world is watching. They also know what the world thinks of Joran. They are not going to risk looking like yokels by letting him go. I just don't see that happening in any type of scenario.

i really hope that you are right belinda :) but its like i have pts from the nh case,lol! irrational fear i guess ... i will only feel sure that he is going to pay when he is convicted. until then anything could happen :/

Frankly, I think he is just going to tick them off with all of his shenanigans and make them even more resistant to giving him any kind of a break. They know, without a doubt, what morons Aruba looks like for the way they handled NH's case. They are not going to want to risk being viewed the same way. JMO

no, i dont think you have missed anything concrete. but i think that because jvds has never had to pay the piper before and the fact that even tho his mother and dutch embassy claim that they have no interest in getting him out of this current mess somehow he has a crew of attorneys and access to the media ... i can see the reason for the uneasiness of all of it... the money is coming from somewhere but no one is claiming it...and jvds hasnt yet that we know of accepted an interview deal or we havent seen an interview yet... so somebody of means is involved in this...WHO and how powerful are they??? and how successful will they be? he has always skated scott free... i think there is a real possibility that he may get out of this too...jmho.... it makes me sick to say that too... :/ especially because of the slam dunk evidence this time as opposed to the nh case...

These attornies socalled, could all be working on contingency (on contract) on the almost-certain return of media fees. That could explain
why Joran has jumped to $1mil for an interview.

Frankly, I think he is just going to tick them off with all of his shenanigans and make them even more resistant to giving him any kind of a break. They know, without a doubt, what morons Aruba looks like for the way they handled NH's case. They are not going to want to risk being viewed the same way. JMO

that is what im hoping too - but, i think a lot of dirty stuff went on in aruba concerning nh and i worry that jvds may know just enough for them to want to keep him appeased, kwim? if they are not helping him then i fully expect for him to start telling some unsavory tales of aruban politicos(who knows if any of it will have any truth to it)... if he doesnt and he continues to have access to a team of high priced attorneys then i think i will remain suspect to the source of his income. i dont think that avds has anywhere near the amounts of money she had when pvds was alive...i dont think she could swing it on her own... i just pray that sf family has every bit of clout that they need to keep this on track...nevermind me - im just a "nervous nellie" :)

These attornies socalled, could all be working on contingency (on contract) on the almost-certain return of media fees. That could explain
why Joran has jumped to $1mil for an interview.

lets all hope that is all there is to it... but i have my doubts

yeah - i remember that case, i cant think of her last name either, but it was the lady/nurse that dismembered her husband, put him in her OWN(iirc it was monogrammed or something and le had traced its purchase on ebay or something crazy like that...) luggage and threw him in the chesapeake bay... jvds's case is about as hopeless at that one was. but i guess joe cant refuse all the pr attach/ed... it cant be the money if there are already three lawyers to pay...he better get to sellin some interviews fast! i gotta say that i like joe tacopina tho or maybe i just like the looks of him :blushing:

I'm wondering if this is what Tacopina's primary role will be? To be his 'media' lawyer and negotiate and oversee any proposed deals?

He's a disgrace.

Melanie McGuire has recently asked for a new trial. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/attorneys_for_melanie_mcguire.html

I'm wondering if this is what Tacopina's primary role will be? To be his 'media' lawyer and negotiate and oversee any proposed deals?

He's a disgrace.

Melanie McGuire has recently asked for a new trial. http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2010/06/attorneys_for_melanie_mcguire.html

hmmmm.... good thinking there suzihawk! i had not even considered that. and yes, melanie mcguire...shes a real piece of work, eh? i watched that trial on trutv. is she going to get a new trial? is tacopina still representing her?

There's probably lots to cover up. When Joran's father worked as a lawyer for the government, he said himself that rather than prosecuting (where one doesn't learn anything) he tries to reach comprimises. IMHO he has seen alot of corruption within the government and may possibly even have used that against people to aid him with Joran's case. IMHO. I think there is fear that Joran will spill too much even if his people now say one can't believe a word of Joran's.

I don't think JVS has many friends---anywhere --right now. Just the ones who could profit from him. At this point in time, I can't see him getting away in this case...and if he did, I'd say he's toast anyway. Then there is the extortion/wire fraud in the US....which I really doubt he'll even be around to stand for that.

I could be wrong too. This case has more twists and turns than taffy making...so who in the hades know where it's going next? Certainly intriguing and filled with so many things I'd never known before and keeps one on the edge of their seat.

I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop....and it scares me it may be "something" in the video tapes. I pray not.

?: Could the defense team interview EG and the other witnesses before the trial?

This was to be expected. Joran has support in So Africa. This was
brought to my attention this weekend. :banghead:

Sorry, but now I'm lost. What support does JVS have in So. Africa???

IMHO I believe that movie rights are already up on the auction block.

hmmmm.... good thinking there suzihawk! i had not even considered that. and yes, melanie mcguire...shes a real piece of work, eh? i watched that trial on trutv. is she going to get a new trial? is tacopina still representing her?

Yes, she is! :croc:
The article cites Steven Turano as her legal representative. He's Tacopina's partner at the Law Offices of Tacopina Seigel & Turano, P.C, so I'm guessing he's still involved in the case.

I doubt she'll be granted a new trial, but you never know...

I just had a thought. :idea: No matter what happens in the courts, Peru will always have the upper hand.

If JVDS ties up the legal system with all his shenanigans, all Peru has to do is put him in the general population...THAT should cool his jets!!! :croc: :woohoo:

I'm nervous about him somehow managing to get off too. There are so many ways that the law can be perverted to accomodate the criminal. I just finished Beth's book & there is no way that Joran is anything but absolutely evil & the devil has been known for taking care of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yoshibee