GUILTY Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think some of the people who played poker with Joran could write their own book and perhaps one will? A few of these people are probably experts on Joran!
:waitasec:

Agreed, and I would really like to hear more/something/anything from the people he interacted with in Peru prior to the murder. He was there for what - two weeks? What was he doing all that time? Playing tennis??

Joran van der Sloot faces more legal battles: Sex trafficking charges in Thailand

August 15, 2010 - Joran van der Sloot has had run-ins with the law in four countries: Peru where he was charged with the brutal murder of young Peruvian woman last May; Aruba where he is suspected of kidnapping a U.S. teen from Aruba; U.S. where he was charged with extortion in the missing U.S. teen’s case; and now in Thailand where he faces criminal charges for sex trafficking.

The National Enquirer reported on van der Sloot’s alleged involvement in sex trafficking in Thailand earlier this month.

According to CBS News, Peru’s minister of justice has now confirmed that Thai authorities are pursuing criminal charges against van der Sloot for his alleged involvement with sex trafficking.

Much more here:

http://www.examiner.com/internation...al-battles-sex-trafficking-charges-thailand-3

Looks like yet another Enquirer scoope has been confirmed. :croc:

Joran van der Sloot faces more legal battles: Sex trafficking charges in Thailand

August 15, 2010 - Joran van der Sloot has had run-ins with the law in four countries: Peru where he was charged with the brutal murder of young Peruvian woman last May; Aruba where he is suspected of kidnapping a U.S. teen from Aruba; U.S. where he was charged with extortion in the missing U.S. teen’s case; and now in Thailand where he faces criminal charges for sex trafficking.

The National Enquirer reported on van der Sloot’s alleged involvement in sex trafficking in Thailand earlier this month.

According to CBS News, Peru’s minister of justice has now confirmed that Thai authorities are pursuing criminal charges against van der Sloot for his alleged involvement with sex trafficking.

Much more here:

http://www.examiner.com/internation...al-battles-sex-trafficking-charges-thailand-3

Looks like yet another Enquirer scoope has been confirmed. :croc:

Marvelous :furious: Fame and fortune have finally come his way. His luck
HAS turned... who wudda thunk it! :waitasec:

hm, perhaps Peter deVries wasn't so far off the mark after all ... (not that I ever doubted it)

Does everyone think Joran will die by prisoner or by state?

I vote prisoner.

ETA: I reread & realized how callous that sounds. sorry if I offend anyone

I vote prisoner.

Probably by prisoner since he's now surrounded by his own kind. However, I'm not so sure but what the worst punishment would be living with his rat & other filth, eating prison food, & watching his back for the next 40 or so years.

I vote prisoner.

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if JVS met up with prison justice and was offed by one of his own kind. But I kinda like the idea of him spending the next 40 years or so in complete, constant and total fear of it happening at any given moment. Also knowing that he'll never again see the outside of a prison cell for the rest of his sorry life. Yup...

I'm not an expert, but I believe the "laziness" and "carelessness" we see in all news media is a result of years of downsizing. Since it was decided that all news shows/papers had to profitable, they simply don't have enough staff to do the kind of investigating reporting we used to expect.

Very true. In TV news, that resulted also in the blurring of the news and entertainment divisions. It's also true that, on the national level, many news outlets (particularly TV and the big papers who cover the federal government and its various tentacles) rely on cozying up to sources in order to break stories, so they are less willing or able to uncover the dirt. Its hard to take someone down with an investigative report if you want to use him as a "source" or bask in his influence and the favors he can extend. The White House Press Corps (now and even more in the GW Bush days) works this way far too often.

And of course local papers have huge financial and long-term viability problems. One thing we should all remember from the treatment of JVDS and Natalee Holloway in Aruba is that governments and businesses want to use the press to their own ends, and so a healthy dose of skepticism is warranted even when dealing with mainstream media. So we sorta kinda have to sleuth our own sources...ouch....

Van der Sloot at risk death penalty

LIMA - Peruvian President Alan Garcia wants to reintroduce the death penalty in crime in an attempt to stifle the country. Should capital punishment be reintroduced, it runs Dutchman Joran van der Sloot (22), who is suspected of murder, the risk to get this punishment.

The Peruvian Miguel Castro Castro prison stay, the Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot (22). Van der Sloot is in custody on suspicion of the murder of 21-year-old Peruvian student Stephany Flores. According to one expert was "not inconceivable that if the president gets his way, the Dutchman is also eligible for capital punishment,"...

http://translate.google.com/transla...risico-doodstraf-te-krijgen.dhtml&sl=nl&tl=en

:praying:

I bet bricks are still hitting his toilet!;)

Last night on Nancy Grace, Marc Klaas used a new verb. He said that Misty Croslin had "Van der Slooted" the Haleigh Cummings investigation, meaning that she had given so many stories, so many versions of how Haleigh was killed, that it was hard to tell which of her accounts (or which parts) were true, although all of them implicate her in the murder.

So "Van der Slooted" would mean for a guilty suspect to muddy the waters by giving multiple, conflicting versions of events."

Agreed, and I would really like to hear more/something/anything from the people he interacted with in Peru prior to the murder. He was there for what - two weeks? What was he doing all that time? Playing tennis??

I am most interested in what the people who played poker that night with Stephany and Joran had to say about their interactions. If they were speaking English and others at the table could understand them, they must have some insight as to how they ended up leaving together and why.

MOO

I wouldn't lose a wink of sleep if JVS met up with prison justice and was offed by one of his own kind. But I kinda like the idea of him spending the next 40 years or so in complete, constant and total fear of it happening at any given moment. Also knowing that he'll never again see the outside of a prison cell for the rest of his sorry life. Yup...

It's a tough call on what the appropriate justice would seem to be for Joran but I also like the idea that if he has to spend the rest of his life in prison, then it's good to know that he's not going to be spending at least his younger years in a decent US or Aruban facility with all of the comforts of home. If he has to spend that time in a prison with horrible conditions with the constant fear of death weighing on his mind...so be it. He made his own bed, and all that, as far as I'm concerned and now he has to deal with the consequences. I can't help but think that he's got to be wishing he'd have just admitted his probable guilt in the NH case.

MOO

Last night on Nancy Grace, Marc Klaas used a new verb. He said that Misty Croslin had "Van der Slooted" the Haleigh Cummings investigation, meaning that she had given so many stories, so many versions of how Haleigh was killed, that it was hard to tell which of her accounts (or which parts) were true, although all of them implicate her in the murder.

So "Van der Slooted" would mean for a guilty suspect to muddy the waters by giving multiple, conflicting versions of events."

LOL...good one MK!

Kind of like "taking a slide" has now become synomynous with quitting your job by going out with a bang. LOL.

:floorlaugh:

Van der Sloot at risk death penalty

LIMA - Peruvian President Alan Garcia wants to reintroduce the death penalty in crime in an attempt to stifle the country. Should capital punishment be reintroduced, it runs Dutchman Joran van der Sloot (22), who is suspected of murder, the risk to get this punishment.

The Peruvian Miguel Castro Castro prison stay, the Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot (22). Van der Sloot is in custody on suspicion of the murder of 21-year-old Peruvian student Stephany Flores. According to one expert was "not inconceivable that if the president gets his way, the Dutchman is also eligible for capital punishment,"...

http://translate.google.com/transla...risico-doodstraf-te-krijgen.dhtml&sl=nl&tl=en

:praying:
If the death penalty was not in effect at the time the murder was committed, how could this be? :waitasec:

I just saw an ad for a new program re: JVS coming up this Saturday on A&E at 10 pm - 'Who is the Real Joran Van der Sloot'.

It showed quick snippets from lots of folks, including Terror Jaap, Melody, Dr. Kobolinski (forensics expert) and several others I didn't recognize right off the bat.

From my comcast guide:

"Examining the case of murder suspect Joran Van der Sloot through forensic evidence, psychological evaluations and comments from those who know him. He is a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, and later confessed to killing a woman. (2010), (Documentary).

Looks good! DVR set and ready! :woohoo:

Thanks for posting to let us know about that show. I would have missed it for sure.

I just saw an ad for a new program re: JVS coming up this Saturday on A&E at 10 pm - 'Who is the Real Joran Van der Sloot'.

It showed quick snippets from lots of folks, including Terror Jaap, Melody, Dr. Kobolinski (forensics expert) and several others I didn't recognize right off the bat.

From my comcast guide:

"Examining the case of murder suspect Joran Van der Sloot through forensic evidence, psychological evaluations and comments from those who know him. He is a suspect in the 2005 disappearance of Natalee Holloway, and later confessed to killing a woman. (2010), (Documentary).

Looks good! DVR set and ready! :woohoo:

Thanks Suzihawk, A must watch for me, sounds interesting.

Has there been any news on how he is taking prison life so far? Any new photos. I know that isn't fair to ask as it's been awhile since I've read about his case. I think I got temporarily 'Vanderslooted out' :angel:

Thanks Suzihawk, A must watch for me, sounds interesting.

Has there been any news on how he is taking prison life so far? Any new photos. I know that isn't fair to ask as it's been awhile since I've read about his case. I think I got temporarily 'Vanderslooted out' :angel:

LOL!! Did you see pittsburghgirl's post upthread? The verb 'vanderslooted' has taken on new meaning lately. :D

No, not much news at all. In fact, it's all but come to a dead halt once he decided to renig on his confession and 'strangle the system' - or whatever term was used to muck things up.

Yeah... from what little I saw of the promo for this upcoming show, it looks like it will be good! Can't wait! I'm so starved for information here.

Well I am wondering how his pet rat is doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse