Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would the hotel have his passport?

Maybe that's a hotel requirement so that guest don't skip out on any unpaid services?!? IDK just speculating.

My husband just told me that he's often asked for his passport in third world countries and he always tells them 'no' but that they may take a picture of it and he gets his passport back. He thinks a lot of people just hand over their passports to the hotel thinking that they must. He told me the only country that kept his passport at the hotel and wouldn't give the original back until he checked out was China in 1989.

Now he's remembering that we surrendered our passports in Malaysia as they said they didn't have a copy machine.

Now I'd be afraid to surrender my passport in a foreign country. :waitasec:

I doubt a police report would set forth a time of death--ME report yes, police report --no--the body hasn't even been autopsied yet. Gotta go back and check out Joran's tattoo--has anyone ever heard of anyone tattooing their own name over their heart?? Psychiatrists would have a field day with that one, it speaks volumes, don't ya think?

It says he'll always be stuck with himself! :biglaugh:

Just on Dutch TV (talkshow called Knevel & v/d Brink)

Peter R. de Vries shared his opinion on Joran and the recent developments. Nothing new was said except that Peter had received a MSN chat conversation between Joran, who was in Peru, and another person (he didn't say who this person was). Joran was desperately trying to get this person to send money to him. He said that his wallet was stolen and that he really needed some money to eat. According to Peter R. de Vries the story about the wallet being stolen is b*llsh*t. He said that Joran used this story every time he needed some money.

Thanks so much for this post, I have been trying to find Peter de Vries thoughts about what's been happening but have not been able to access his website.

Wouldn't it be a twist if Peru and the FBI could get together and offer Joran a really sweet deal if he would man up and tell them where they could find Natalie's remains and confess to Stephany's murder....and then just go ahead and prosecute him to the fullest extent. Not like he'll ever man up.....just a thought...

one of the TH's last night said he might be able to get into an American prison by offering info about Natalies remains.

I really hope Peru would NOT do that.

and I dont think they will.

he needs to stay there, where he belongs.

Not sure if this has been posted

Alcohol and sexual motive ruled out in Peru van der Sloot case

An autopsy determined that the 21-year-old homicide victim in Lima, Peru, Stephany Flores, did not have sexual intercourse prior to her death. Nor did she consume enough alcohol to prevent her from resisting an attack, reports local press.

http://www.livinginperu.com/news-12...xual-motive-ruled-out-peru-van-der-sloot-case

or they will just allow prison justice to prevail.
oh they (LE) will do just that - if he doesn't talk. If he stands his ground and refuses to give up any info - then they'll just ship him off to that lovely prison.

If he talks - then they'll save him from a fate worse than death and call it a suicide.

one of the TH's last night said he might be able to get into an American prison by offering info about Natalies remains.

I really hope Peru would NOT do that.

and I dont think they will.

he needs to stay there, where he belongs.

Thanks costalpilot, I had not heard that. I was just imagining what if. I agree, he does need to stay there, but anything that can be done or said, any carrot that can be offered by the FBI and Peru to persuade Joran to come clean I believe (or hope) they do. Then go ahead and prosecute him fully - there in Peru.

i don't think there is gonna be a problem for a lot of reasons...not the least of which are:

1. its not an american court
2. its not a dutch court
3. daddy's dead
4. its not in aruba
5, he picked the wrong family this time. they are prominent, but, more importantly, they live there and he does not.

I agree. I don't think the Peruvian Justice System is anything like the US. Will be interesting to say the least. The perp walk was a new approach to my eyes. Sadly, I think perp enjoyed it. Will be interesting to say the least.

Thanks so much for this post, I have been trying to find Peter de Vries thoughts about what's been happening but have not been able to access his website.

You're welcome. He wrote a blog on his website where he shares his thoughts. I'll try to translate it but it can take awhile ;)

Thanks costalpilot, I had not heard that. I was just imagining what if. I agree, he does need to stay there, but anything that can be done or said, any carrot that can be offered by the FBI and Peru to persuade Joran to come clean I believe (or hope) they do. Then go ahead and prosecute him fully - there in Peru.

Hope he doesn't. He does not deserve the cushy lifestyle he's enjoy in American prison, he needs to stay right where he's at. I don't think Beth and Dave would advocate for him coming to America before he faces the music for what he has done in Peru. JMO

Thank GOD his was caught.

:rose: Justice for Natalie, Stephany, and any other victims he may have.

I think we're going to continue to see lots of misinformation because of the language barrier, the fact that people hear something one way and then run with it, and that there are a lot of fingers in the pie in this case.

I tend to greatly discount anything I read that comes from HLN/Nancy Grace as she is often wrong with details.

Every single story is a 'bombshell' every night. That alone tells you that it's tabloid journalism at best. Same with Greta. She acts like she has ALL NEW info and then it's the same thing over and over with like 30 seconds of something sort of new at the very end.

I no longer fall into the trap of believing those 'bombshell' reports.

http://www.larepublica.pe/el-asesinato-de-stephany/07/06/2010/la-habria-asesinado-por-dinero

A una semana del asesinato de Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramírez, la policía aún no logra descifrar una inmensa incógnita: el porqué de este crimen. One week before the murder of Tatiana Flores Stephany Ramirez, the police still can not decipher a great mystery: why this crime. Sin embargo, agentes de la División de Homicidios que se jactan de no descartar ninguna hipótesis, ahora apuntan hacia las cuentas bancarias de la víctima. However, officers of the Homicide Division who boast of not discarding any hypothesis, now point to the bank accounts of the victim.

Los investigadores están casi convencidos de que, tras ser seducida por Joran van der Sloot, la joven habría sido obligada por él a realizar retiros de dinero o alguna transferencia bancaria. Researchers are almost convinced that, after being seduced by Joran van der Sloot, the young woman was allegedly forced him to make withdrawals of cash or bank transfer.

Es probable que al negarse haya sido asesinada a golpes, la mañana del 30 de mayo. It is likely that the decline has been beaten to death on the morning of May 30.

“El presunto psicópata holandés huyó solo con el dinero que encontró a la mano”, dijo un oficial a cargo de las pesquisas. "The Dutchman suspected psychopath fled with only the money he found at hand," said an official in charge of the investigation.

Si el sospechoso intentó robar haciendo uso de la violencia, lo cual desencadenó la muerte de la joven podría ser sentenciado a cadena perpetua según lo contempla el Código Penal. If the suspect attempted to steal using violence, triggering the death of the young could be sentenced to life imprisonment as provided for in the Penal Code.

Thanks Patty G for the HLN video with Jean C reporting. JC says she was reading from an official document that was leaked to the media.

Five cig butts in an ashtray found in the room
2 coke bottles (1 regular, 1 diet) the diet was empty the regular still had some in it.
Could the 2 coffees have been a mistranslation of 2 cokes?
Stephany was found deceased still wearing her earrings and a silver watch
Car found 50 blocks away and is being processed for DNA at crime lab
Body only wearing T-shirt and panties

Hope he doesn't. He does not deserve the cushy lifestyle he's enjoy in American prison, he needs to stay right where he's at. I don't think Beth and Dave would advocate for him coming to America before he faces the music for what he has done in Peru. JMO

I agree, he should stay in Peru. Please allow me to clarify. If the FBI and Peru offer him whatever to persuade him to come clean on both crimes, so be it. With all the legal red tape and wranglings, they don't have to follow thru. Try him and prosecute him and keep him in Peru. Just dangle a carrot in front of him long enough to get him to come clean, closure for the Ramirez and Holloway families.

I am just catching up on these posts..forgive me..if this has been brought up/discussed.....I can think of NO DEFENSE..for Joran..that would fly...
He was seen..witnesses/survellience camera..in the casio WITH her....He was seen..witnesses/survellience camera..walking ..OUT of the casio..WITH her...He was seen..witnesses/survellience camera..checking into his hotel/desk/lobby..WITH her...
AND..he was on the survellience camera....leaving his room...WITHOUT HER..several hours later..AND she is found DEAD in HIS ROOM...the room the survellience camera..saw them BOTH entering .....Witnesses heard them arguing...Apparently he told the desk clerk...(witness)NOT to go IN HIS room as his guest was there...as he was leaving...

HIS DEFENSE ...BEING...............??????????.

This will be interesting.....to see..what defense he gives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz