Peru - Stephany Flores, 21, murdered in Lima hotel room, 30 May 2010 #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure if these new pics have been posted...Joran is sitting at a table with his belongings spread in front of him....
http://www.peru.com/noticias/fotos20100606/100723/Holandes-se-mostro-preocupado-tras-su-captura

Thanks for the video...It looks like police/officers are going thru his stuff with NO GLOVES on...Wouldn't you think they would have gloves on..?? HER fingerprints/DNA may be on the laptop, money,clothes,....???

Anyone find this odd??? No gloves???
thanks

If he got 25,000 during the extortion I would think he has plenty of money.

He could have blown through that pretty quickly, though. I think he had a gambling addiction and was probably always looking for ways to get more money to continue.

Thanks for the video...It looks like police/officers are going thru his stuff with NO GLOVES on...Wouldn't you think they would have gloves on..?? HER fingerprints/DNA may be on the laptop, money,clothes,....???

thanks

I just commented about that myself. It's probably not odd for Peruvian investigations though. We're definitely not in Kansas anymore.

He could have blown through that pretty quickly, though. I think he had a gambling addiction and was probably always looking for ways to get more money to continue.

ITA. I was looking back in thread one for a link to a report that said recently Joran had been emailing friends and asking for money to pay for his hotel room and meals but no one would lend him any. Can't find the link, tho...will keep looking....

*snipped*
How true La_cavaliere, without paying 1,500 in Peruvian money he will not have a bed and will have to sleep on the floor or a toilet.

And somehow envisioning Joran sleeping and peeing on the floor... well, I will never "lose a night of sleep over it."

ITA. I was looking back in thread one for a link to a report that said recently Joran had been emailing friends and asking for money to pay for his hotel room and meals but no one would lend him any. Can't find the link, tho...will keep looking....

I read that as well..there is a link somewhere here....I feel he needed money to keep moving on...She HAD some...and he WANTED it....

He brought HIMSELF...to THE END of the line...for Joran

all in my own opinion

If comforts can be bought in the prison systems, I think Joran will have access to them all. Somewhere, someplace someone will throw him a lifeline. There are just people like that out there in the world. Unfortunately.:furious:

IMO they way they "handled" his things tells me: 1) this is Peru - NOT the USA; they do things their own way. Whether we believe we are "technologically" superior to forensics and evidence or not - I've seen detectives here "go through" things rather quickly with no gloves. Look at how LE handled that dumpster search in Haleigh's case - tromping through it, throwing bags out to the ground...etc. etc. and 2) maybe they have more than enough evidence that he did this. If they have his DNA under her nails, the tennis racquet with his prints and DNA on it along with her blood, any piece of his clothing with her blood on it (which they sure weren't going to show us in that video) - than that search of money, pictures, and paper stuff isn't really going to matter.

I believe they have him hands down, well beyond shadow of a doubt, and that's all they need.

Remember down there - you are considered guilty and have to PROVE your INNOCENCE - not like here where its innocent until proven guilty.

Hope we get to see more of what they have - or at least they tell us what they have.

I think that JVS will say that the FBI here in America had it out for him, that he was under survallence and that they did this to frame him because they couldn't get him for Natalie. He is going to say that he left and she was alive, and that if he had done this he would not have left all this evidence..... Watch and see, his defence will turn this around to some kind of conspiracy, by the US government.

Guilty til proven innocent and no jury to sell conspiracy stories to. Unless he can PROVE this theory of his he won't have the US luxury of throwing it out there as a reasonable expectation.

If comforts can be bought in the prison systems, I think Joran will have access to them all. Somewhere, someplace someone will throw him a lifeline. There are just people like that out there in the world. Unfortunately.:furious:

TRUE....but ...HE WILL be in prison....and off the streets..That in itself is a HUGE relief....Myself, I could care less what happens to him in prison..

Special prison comforts, etc....IT IS STILL PRISON....Still VERY HARSH...

Of course they will. Just like Casey Anthony's jail fund. Joran will have all the creature comforts he wants courtesy of his friends and enablers and probably the Dutch Consulate. Not to mention the Ted Bundy type groupies who are turned on by guys like this.

I followed the Holloway case very closely. In everything I have witnessed with the Vandersloot family, Anita and Paulus were parents who encouraged their son to keep his mouth shut whenever possible, do not offer any helpful information, and just lie, lie, lie.

Imo, Anita is someone who would insist her son continue to do what he always has done, what Paulus taught him... lie about everything, cover up the evidence, repeatedly change your story to confuse the heck out of everyone, disregard anything that resembles doing the right thing, think of yourself first, and on and on. Anita, imo, is the last person who would advise her son to come clean and tell the truth.

I'm going to respond to your post by simply saying that what you have written about Anita Van der Sloot is far from the truth. I know Anita and have corresponded with her many times throughout the Holloway case and I can assure you that you will not find a kinder person anywhere. I'm really offended that people here are blaming her for what Joran has done. I've hesitated to post in this forum because my opinion differs greatly than the majority of this board and also because of the respect that I do have for Anita but to set the record straight, I can assure all of you that Anita is not a person that insists that Joran lie, cheat, steal, or whatever the case may be.

I sort of agree, he deserves the DP but those prisons look so inhumane. Maybe that is why their max sentience is only 35 years. Our prisons here in the states have gotten too plush IMO but theirs are unbelievable.

I'm wondering have you ever been inside a prison in the U.S.? I keep reading about how everyone thinks the prisons in Peru are inhumane and I have no doubt they are worse then the ones here but there are prisons in this Country that are rat infested. My brother is in a prison in Alabama and I have been to it's visiting area. It was the dirtiest room I have ever been in, there were not even safe chairs for the visitors to sit in. If that is what the visitors get, it has to be much worse inside the cells. My brother says when he sits on the toliet, he has to make sure his feet cover the holes in the floor or the rats will run out. The first 7 days he was in jail, he had to wear the same clothes, didn't have soap, or toothpaste, or toothbrush because he didn't have money on his books. He had to sleep on the floor in a cell made for two but had six people in it with rats running around. I don't know what crime you have to commit to go to a plush prison but apparently stealing your brother's credit card isn't the one that gets you sent to the plush prison. In my opinion, Joran should have stayed in his Country, then he wouldn't have had to worry about being locked up.

Of course they will. Just like Casey Anthony's jail fund. Joran will have all the creature comforts he wants courtesy of his friends and enablers and probably the Dutch Consulate. Not to mention the Ted Bundy type groupies who are turned on by guys like this.

I agree and I can't help but wonder if this special treatment will not sit well with the other inmates.

thanks

It does not surprise me at all.
The prisons don't even have beds for the majority of the prisoners.
Little to no running water. The woman that was recently released said they got one gallon of water a day to ingest, bath, and clean the toilet area which consisted of a hole in the concrete. The officials have said after the riots that they have no way to control rioting prisoners other than to contain them (in other words nothing we can do for the other prisoners the rioting ones are killing).

This is not a country with our infrastructure, training, labs, and padded court systems.

None of what we view as mishandling of the evidence will benefit him at all in this situation. It would be a disaster here, especially with video of them doing it, but it won't matter a bit there.

I'm going to respond to your post by simply saying that what you have written about Anita Van der Sloot is far from the truth. I know Anita and have corresponded with her many times throughout the Holloway case and I can assure you that you will not find a kinder person anywhere. I'm really offended that people here are blaming her for what Joran has done. I've hesitated to post in this forum because my opinion differs greatly than the majority of this board and also because of the respect that I do have for Anita but to set the record straight, I can assure all of you that Anita is not a person that insists that Joran lie, cheat, steal, or whatever the case may be.

Thank you for posting, but actions speak louder than words and based on footage I have seen of Anita, I stand behind my own opinions. Since you have singled me out I will say that I have never blamed Anita for what Joran has done. I blame her for enabling him after the fact. She doesn't seem to be a person that insists Joran tell the truth, play fair, not take things that do not belong to him, or whatever the case may be. She has no control over what he does, but she does not have to enable him either.

Here I agree he would, but the people who control the prisons there are gang members from the rebel groups that have tried/are trying to take government control (not the gang member thugs we have here).

If Joran was valuable to those types of people for some reason, then he might be protected, but the creature comforts that Casey Anthony has of protective custody and poptarts from the shopping list, not happening.

moo

Thank you Thank you Thank you.

I well respect your opinion and insight. With that said, may I ask some questions?

I understand she was a teacher. Working with children that closely, didn't she ever suspect or "see" certain behaviors of Joran as odd?

What are her thoughts about Natalee's case?

I'm inclined to believe her marriage was of the "old school" where the wife/woman is subserviant to the husband/male (honor and obey type stuff) and that she was purposefully "kept out of the loop" on a lot of the events that Paulus and Joran were involved in. Has she ever conveyed any thoughts or questions she might have had as to the "whereabouts" or "escapades" of her husband and son?

Please continue to post as I would really like to here your thoughts and opinions.

IMO they way they "handled" his things tells me: 1) this is Peru - NOT the USA; they do things their own way. Whether we believe we are "technologically" superior to forensics and evidence or not - I've seen detectives here "go through" things rather quickly with no gloves. Look at how LE handled that dumpster search in Haleigh's case - tromping through it, throwing bags out to the ground...etc. etc. and 2) maybe they have more than enough evidence that he did this. If they have his DNA under her nails, the tennis racquet with his prints and DNA on it along with her blood, any piece of his clothing with her blood on it (which they sure weren't going to show us in that video) - than that search of money, pictures, and paper stuff isn't really going to matter.

I believe they have him hands down, well beyond shadow of a doubt, and that's all they need.

Remember down there - you are considered guilty and have to PROVE your INNOCENCE - not like here where its innocent until proven guilty.

Hope we get to see more of what they have - or at least they tell us what they have.

No, that is not true. The defendant certainly can, and should, provide a defense for himself, but the Public Prosecutor's Office must meet the burden of proof in order to secure a conviction. In fact, there are layers of supervisory oversight in place to ensure the PPO meets its burden of proof, and that they follow proper procedure, just like in the US and other nations.

I think in practice the legal system runs roughshod over citizens who do not have the means or the money to fight (just like in the good ole USA), but it's certainly not legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rwiz