Pesticides Taken from the home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is what I have been thinking since I heard Tape was possibly found on the skull. Even a two year old has the manual dexterity to remove a piece of duct tape from her own face. The only way, as you stated, that this wouldn't be possible was if she was physically restrained in some manner. It stands to reason that if you are going to go to the trouble of muffling someone's mouth, you are going to also prevent them from removing the tape. Which again brings us right back to wanton cruelty and premeditation.

ITA. I think there are a number of possibilities re the duct tape, and wonder if she was going to try to suggest Caylee was chloroformed by the kidnappers, taken and duct taped so she wouldn't scream when she awoke....because Casey is certainly stupid enough to not know the police would search her computer records. She seemed to assume that everyone would believe what she said re her work, the nanny etc. I believe that's G & C's fault, because that is how they raised her (I don't mean the murder, simply the fact she seemed to assume everyone would believe her and LE would search for kidnappers and they'd simply believe she'd been looking herself for 31 days, had a nanny called Zanny, worked at Universal etc.

I think she's going a way for a long long time.

How do you explain disposing of the body so close to home and not far from the road then? I'm not disagreeing with you just trying to understand this. I was expecting her to have put Caylee in a dumpster or in a body of water. This just seems so without thought, but more like panic which doesn't add up with everything else.

Actually, in the majority of premeditated murders--the murder is planned out--but not the body disposal. Then, in a panic, they dispose of the body as expeditiously as possible. That's why most bodies are found so close to murder scenes.

Yeah I think that makes sense. I don't buy that her family was involved.

When do you think Casey had an opportunity to clean the trunk?? Between 911 being called and her arrest?? Because if all the witnesses are to be believed, it had maggots, garbage and 2 week old pizza in it when they found it at the car lot, so I assume it was vacuumed after that. About the same time the pants were being washed and before the As dug around their own backyard looking for her (if you believe that's why they were digging).

I suspect if evidence of pesticides were found (and it seems that way), LE is running computer checks again to see if there was research done on pesiticides, which earlier may have seemed quite innocent and done by the parents.

Based on how much stuff they removed from the Anthony home post discovery I think they took everything they could think of that might show transference from the house to the crime scene. They may not know if it is hair, animal fur, dirt or sand from the backyard, chemicals or fabric fibers but they are going to find something that ties Casey to that disposal. My personal guess is that carpet fibers with the exact chemical match from her trunk will be found in the duct tape and she will be sunk. You can't claim Zanny had your car at the time she kidnapped and killed your kid in your home and disposed of the body near that home to frame you when you NEVER mentioned that she had your car. In fact you had the car and were at a job you don't have.

Excellent points and I think you are absolutely right.

ANTS. Because of the decomp odor, we know Casey did not deal with the problem right away. Whether the child was immediately thrown into the trunk of the car or left in the yard, fire ants (a big problem in southern states) would have been attracted to the body very soon after death. Ants would be working a couple days before the appearance of maggots. When she was forced to dispose of the body, between shopping with stolen money, partying at clubs & entertaining men, she may have used pesticides to kill ants so she would not be stung herself.... The borrowed shovel could have been used to lift the body to prevent being stung also.

Having said that & I apologize for the blunt statements, be assured LE used the most recent search warrant to take anything & everything that may possibly become useful to tie the discovery of the remains to the Anthony residence. Surely they have fiber samples from every room in the house, garage & garden shed, every cleaning product, pharmaceutical, lawn care products, etc that may possibly come into play during the investigation. And Godspeed them & their efforts.

Well, I for one am VERY glad they finally took the vacuum cleaners.

ITA! WTF took so long?!!

Someone more attentive please correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe they were extremely limited in what they were allowed to remove from the house during the first search. Plus whatever they wanted to remove had to be spelled out pretty clearly in the search warrant beforehand. They weren't given as "free a hand" then as they were after Caylee's remains were discovered with some type of evidence linking them back to the Anthony home.

I'm taking policing courses currently, and I've been told this year that in a lot of cases, people plan out the murder and all the details for that, but often never finishing planning out where to dump the body.

I have read that the difficulty of disposing of a body usually takes the murderer by surprise. A dead body seems heavier (dead weight). Digging a grave is hard work. I can imagine it's even harder work in the Florida heat and humidity. The chances of being discovered while disposing of a body is usually not taken into account (somebody just happens to be where they're not supposed to be). Anything can go wrong, such as the shed being locked and she has borrow a shovel. Many don't realize that a body doesn't burn completely in a normal fire.

Hey all, I posted this as part of another post also, but that was before I saw this thread...I think we're overlooking a much simpler reason for LE taking the pesticide. If KC did set the bag containing Caylee's remains in the yard briefly (likely, since the search dogs hit in the yard), If George had treated his yard with pesticide, which is very common, pesticide residue would have gotten on the bag. I think pesticides are made to be somewhat water resilient, so that you don't have to apply them every time it rains. So even if the bag was submerged, maybe some residue could still remain?
I think maybe LE is simply trying to tie the chemical composition of the residue on the bag with the pesticide George uses. Thoughts?

Great post, IrishEyes. :clap::clap:

Well how do we know that she didn't make her inhale pesticide? It would be a lot easier than manufacturing chloroform.

I think the pesticides were taken to match any of the dirt found with the body, to the dirt in their backyard. If the body was placed in the backyard prior to being put into bag or container, then there would be some dirt from their yard with the body, along with any pesticides they use in their backyard.

I agree about the vacuums. I think they should have been taken the FIRST time!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheTodd
Back