Pictures of the Karr Family Christmas of 1996 Have Been Found

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
LovelyPigeon said:
There are potential problems with this particular photo for establishing alibi: 1) it's undated 2) John Mark Karr doesn't appear in it.

There still may be other documentation that will establish that JMK was in Atlanta, GA for Christmas 1996, but this photo alone won't.
Is there photographic proof that JAR was in Atlanta on Christmas Day 1996? Or what about Grampa Paugh?

(I'm not talking about a grainy B&W photo of a young male wearing a baseball cap taken on CCTV at an autoteller machine!)

Uh, oh: I can't prove where I was on Christmas day of 1996. I can't find any photos with me in them from that day, either.

Maybe I did it?

OK - no photos, so no proof - either way. What I'd be most interested in is if he is in the other years photos. If he's always in the photos, but not that year - that to me is a pretty good indication that he may be telling the truth with his confession, that his ex and brother are either misremembering, thinking of a Christmas gettogether that was a few days before or after Christmas (we often use New Years as an alternate Christmas), or outright lying. If he's never in the photos, then that year isn't unusual, and that makes their stories more likely. But if he's always in the photos, then this one year he isn't - I think that'd be some good evidence for the prosecution here.

If you normally spent every Christmas with your spouse and kids (as Karr did), and then years later heard that he was accused of a crime on that particular day - you would IMMEDIATELY remember that this was the ONE Christmas that he disappeared.

He would have had to be gone for a long time - around 24 hours. It's NOT something you would forget, especially when you had three small kids you were being left alone with on a holiday!

If that DNA matches Karr, as well as other evidence, Ex wife will suddenly not be sure at all and claim she gave pics to police without him in there.

islanders said:
If that DNA matches Karr, as well as other evidence, Ex wife will suddenly not be sure at all and claim she gave pics to police without him in there.
That IF is a big word. And if his DNA is not there he could not have killed her

curiositycat said:
Why didn't Boulder do all this investigating before this Media circus? What a bunch of BS
Actually we don't know what the BPD has or has not. I can't imagine that they went into this arrest blindfolded. Stranger things have happened but somebody in that office must have said "are you sure?" Handwritting is matching with more experts than not. I think he did it. Call me crazy...
DebbsD-:behindbar Dateacher

JDB said:
That IF is a big word. And if his DNA is not there he could not have killed her
Well... just for the sake of argument - there's a lot of people arguing that the DNA is meaningless, and any one of the Ramsey's could have killed her - seems that would apply to him too - or it applies to the Ramseys....just in the line of "could not have killed her".

But I think the DNA has to match, or some other piece of evidence (like knowing a truely secret fact about the crime scene), to find anyone guilty.

wenchie said:
If you normally spent every Christmas with your spouse and kids (as Karr did), and then years later heard that he was accused of a crime on that particular day - you would IMMEDIATELY remember that this was the ONE Christmas that he disappeared.

He would have had to be gone for a long time - around 24 hours. It's NOT something you would forget, especially when you had three small kids you were being left alone with on a holiday!
Yep, buy a last minute plane ticket at xmas time! its 1200 miles from Ala. to Colorado.

wenchie said:

Make it more like 48 hours, at the least. Ever fly during the holidays? There's always delays. Especially in and out of Denver. And if he DROVE you're looking at 70+ hours.

Plus flying into Denver you still have to get wheels to get you to Boulder and back. Rental cars leave a paper trail and credit card records.

Excuse me if this or a similar article has already been posted. I have not read this entire thread.

Karr family says photo casts doubt on his guilt

By MIKE MORRIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/22/06
Family members of John Mark Karr, the suspect in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, have found a Christmas Day 1996 photo that they believe indicates Karr was in Atlanta when the 6-year-old girl was killed in Colorado.

Gary Harris, an attorney for Karr's father, Wexford Karr, said Tuesday that the photo is of John Mark Karr's three children, along with a newborn nephew.

While John Mark Karr is not actually in the photo, family members "have no recollection of him missing a Christmas until the last five years," Harris said.

"They know that if his children were there, he would have been there," the attorney said. "They would have remembered it if they all had shown up and [John Mark Karr] had not shown up."

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/stories/0822karrphoto.html

UM...I don't get that if the kids are there, it proves that HE was. That makes no sense.

Show me a Christmas photo dated 1996 where HE is in the photo...then I might lean harder on the "he didn't do it" side of the fence, rather than still being in the middle.

southcitymom said:
Excuse me if this or a similar article has already been posted. I have not read this entire thread.

Karr family says photo casts doubt on his guilt

By MIKE MORRIS
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Published on: 08/22/06
Family members of John Mark Karr, the suspect in the slaying of JonBenet Ramsey, have found a Christmas Day 1996 photo that they believe indicates Karr was in Atlanta when the 6-year-old girl was killed in Colorado.

Gary Harris, an attorney for Karr's father, Wexford Karr, said Tuesday that the photo is of John Mark Karr's three children, along with a newborn nephew.

While John Mark Karr is not actually in the photo, family members "have no recollection of him missing a Christmas until the last five years," Harris said.

"They know that if his children were there, he would have been there," the attorney said. "They would have remembered it if they all had shown up and [John Mark Karr] had not shown up."

http://www.ajc.com/news/content/metro/stories/0822karrphoto.html

i have thought back about my last 30 christmases since i have been married. while i cannot remember off-hand whether i was home or visiting parents/family/inlaws for a specific year, i can sure remember the years my husband was not with me at christmas. i think a mother with young children would surely remember if her husband and the children's father was not with them on this important holiday. 1996 is only 10 years ago for goodness sakes. if i was on the jury and heard her testify that she thought he was with them, or rather did not remember him not being there, i would believe that he was with the family and therefore did not kill jon benet.

Was the family into buying and selling cars? Perhaps, they bought a car from someone in Colorado, he flew up to get it and drove it home. Just a business deal. probably more of a papertrail but could be under business name.

Jayelles said:
Is there photographic proof that JAR was in Atlanta on Christmas Day 1996? Or what about Grampa Paugh?

(I'm not talking about a grainy B&W photo of a young male wearing a baseball cap taken on CCTV at an autoteller machine!)

That's true. All I heard them say was they were in Atlanta.

He was in the used car business, that's when he drove the deLorean.

I'm having a harder time believing anything his father says about where he was for Christmas, since the father thought his son was dead--after not hearing from him for a few years. That was one of the father's initial statements.

That doesn't mean Karr wasn't actually home for Christmas, but I have to take anything they say about absolutely being there with a grain of salt. You're sure he was there for Christmas a few years ago, but you weren't sure last year if he was alive at all?

Beyond Belief said:
Yep, buy a last minute plane ticket at xmas time! its 1200 miles from Ala. to Colorado.

But even if he managed to get a ticket at the last minute, he'd still have to have transportation to and from the R's house in Boulder. There would be a record somewhere of this transaction.

Beyond Belief said:
Was the family into buying and selling cars? Perhaps, they bought a car from someone in Colorado, he flew up to get it and drove it home. Just a business deal. probably more of a papertrail but could be under business name.

I heard someone today say that his family was saying that they've not been to Colorado (had a layover in the airport once-while on the way to Las Vegas). His family is not backing any of his stories. This guy sounds like a total flake...and as much as I had hoped he was the guy...it doesn't appear so.

BillyGoatGruff said:
Make it more like 48 hours, at the least. Ever fly during the holidays? There's always delays. Especially in and out of Denver. And if he DROVE you're looking at 70+ hours.
70 plus hours? My husband moved from Atlanta to Salem, Oregon when we got married. He drove the entire trip to Oregon in about that time, in fact I think it was less. But I do agree that driving was probably not part of it unless he drove a few days before or was in the Colorado area to begin with. But it definitely does not have to take 70 plus hours to get just to Colorado.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Child in Time
Back