Pictures of the Karr Family Christmas of 1996 Have Been Found

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If it were my family photos I would remember based on the age the kid was and the outfit he/she was wearing. Likewise, was mother-in-law brunette or grey, was sister-in-law pregnant, etc.

concernedperson said:
Two questions, why would the ex-wife hire an attorney for simple stated facts? Because they can't be proved? Or, that there is more questionable activities that the family doesn't want to acknowledge?

I am still not sold on him for the murder but something else is hinkey.

If they DO find a picture of JMK dated Dec. 25, 1996, it only took a minute to make it, and there's all the rest of the day and night when he could have sneaked out. The wife said he's controlling, probably very secretive, (a Scorpio like Scott Peterson and Charlie Manson if anyone's interested in that) and I could understand her shock.

Is she just feeling awfully insecure, because of the shock of suddenly finding out about his living such a lie with her, and has nobody to talk to that she feels she can trust? She's in denial that he could have sneaked out that night and flown to Boulder w/out her knowing it?

Surely he wasn't supporting the kids, and she isn't just afraid of losing that?

curiositycat said:
Why didn't Boulder do all this investigating before this Media circus? What a bunch of BS
I think it was explained early on that thet did not want to tip him off by revelaing to anyone in his family that he was being surveilled. Moreover, for some reason they had to move faster than they wanted to.

MrsMush99 said:
OK, maybe it's just me, BUT if you find pictures from Christmas, or any other time you take pictures, aren't they usually all together in the same batch? In other words, if I were to be looking for pictures of my daughter when she was 2 I would find them all together, not one here one there. So basically what I'm saying is, wouldn't all the 96 pictures be together? Or is it just something I do?

Mine are scattered, some in albums/scrapbooks, some loose in shoeboxes, and they are not all together. But I'm not a totally organized person, either. :D

JBean said:
I think at least the family seeing the pictures will help them to recall if he was there. PIctures of surroundings will remind them if there was anything odd that went on that day or night.Pictures should jog everyone's memories so they can be certain.

This is still helpful, IMO

I wonder if they can account for who took the pictures?

i agree, & good question...

It is very possible he was taking the pictures therefore could not be in them. However, I wonder if he spent Christmas morning with them and then took off and returned the following day.

close_enough said:
ya know CP?...i would also think "hinkey" except for the fact that i'm learning that tons of folks go get a lawyer, at the drop of hat, these days....
...someones probably told her she needed one for book deals, interviews..you know, a Gloria Allmouth type....

:confused: here....
She supposedly works here in Mortgage Lending. So she is probably used to legal speak, and feels that since it is a criminal matter, she is crossing eyes and dotting tees. I find nothing strange now regarding her getting an atty, she also probably feels that he can navigate her speaking to CO authorities easier for her. Remember they had not talked to her at all prior to running off to Thailand to nab him.

I also read somewhere that she filed for divorce in 2001 on the advice of counsel, so she is used to seeking their advice.

englishleigh said:
Even if they come up with a photo with him in it, what does that prove? Unless it is dated "December 25 or 26, 1996" with a timestamp....it wouldn't take long for the idiot to fly to CO, kill JBR, and fly back....a day at most. He could come up with some story...it doesn't sound as though they celebrated Christmas with the brother, anyway...I have wondered since this began if he didn't tell Lara he was with his brother and his brother he was with Lara & the kids, and take off...

ES:If he did this. Then it had to be planned along time before Dec26th.And we are still waiting for 1 person to say they saw him in Colo in 1996.We alos have not heard of any tie to him and the Ramsey except what he said. Thank God as bad as it might sound but they found Polly Klass's killer. otherwise we might be typing the same thing about Karr there.He was caught up in both murders and did research on both.

curiositycat said:
Why didn't Boulder do all this investigating before this Media circus? What a bunch of BS

the DA said that they would have liked to have had time to investigate further, but under the circumstances they didn't...

they claimed reasons of 'fear of flight' & that he was a possible danger to children...who knows?

Another thing we may need to consider is the weather in Colorado over Christmas in 1996. Was it snowing heavily? Were planes able to fly in and out without weather cancellations and layovers and problems? Probably the Denver airport is equipped to handle whatever in terms of winter weather, but sometimes there are problems, anyway, if it's bad enough. He may have only had a narrow window of time in which to do what he says he did, in terms of weather in CO and his family starting to wonder where the heck he went in Alabama.

englishleigh said:
Mine are scattered, some in albums/scrapbooks, some loose in shoeboxes, and they are not all together. But I'm not a totally organized person, either. :D
Well that explains why, when i was looking for my JMK pictures I found some pictures that belong to you in there.

Translation:

My pictures are a DISASTER.

JBean said:
Well that explains why, when i was looking for my JMK pictures I found some pictures that belong to you in there.

Translation:

My pictures are a DISASTER.

All right, JBean, if you have pictures of John Mark Karr, don't start saying you have pictures of ME, too!!!! People might start to talk!!!! :croc: :p

wait a second, that woman that said he confessed said he was at the Ramsey's party which was 3 days earlier. He had to have been in Boulder. I don't think he flew home, and then flew back again. I'm starting not to have such an open mind anymore, I think he's yanking everyones chain.

dragonfly707 said:
She supposedly works here in Mortgage Lending. So she is probably used to legal speak, and feels that since it is a criminal matter, she is crossing eyes and dotting tees. I find nothing strange now regarding her getting an atty, she also probably feels that he can navigate her speaking to CO authorities easier for her. Remember they had not talked to her at all prior to running off to Thailand to nab him.

I also read somewhere that she filed for divorce in 2001 on the advice of counsel, so she is used to seeking their advice.

that would make sense also...why would an atty advise a person to get a divorce??...was this because she was underage??...no, that wouldn't be right..is this the wife he was married to for 10 yrs???

englishleigh said:
All right, JBean, if you have pictures of John Mark Karr, don't start saying you have pictures of ME, too!!!! People might start to talk!!!! :croc: :p
Too late. they are already talking.

MrsMush99 said:
OK, maybe it's just me, BUT if you find pictures from Christmas, or any other time you take pictures, aren't they usually all together in the same batch? In other words, if I were to be looking for pictures of my daughter when she was 2 I would find them all together, not one here one there. So basically what I'm saying is, wouldn't all the 96 pictures be together? Or is it just something I do?
I got rid of all mine. My ex was abusive. The last thing I wanted was a picture of him in my new enviornment. I can understand the wife not having any pictures of him there. As far as my organizational skills with pictures? You might find them in boxes, plastic bags, dresser drawers.

close_enough said:
that would make sense also...why would an atty advise a person to get a divorce??...was this because she was underage??...no, that wouldn't be right..is this the wife he was married to for 10 yrs???
Yes it is Lara, here in Petaluma, and it happened after the investigation of child *advertiser censored*. That in and of itself would be enough for me, but an article here said that she listened to advice of counsel.

MrsMush99 said:
wait a second, that woman that said he confessed said he was at the Ramsey's party which was 3 days earlier. He had to have been in Boulder. I don't think he flew home, and then flew back again. I'm starting not to have such an open mind anymore, I think he's yanking everyones chain.
The chances of this guy being the killer are really remote. but it certainly is an exciting prospect.
I do not think the Ramseys did it, at all. I believe it was an intruder, just maybe not JMK.
But I am still looking for pictures.

JDB said:
ES:If he did this. Then it had to be planned along time before Dec26th.And we are still waiting for 1 person to say they saw him in Colo in 1996.We alos have not heard of any tie to him and the Ramsey except what he said. Thank God as bad as it might sound but they found Polly Klass's killer. otherwise we might be typing the same thing about Karr there.He was caught up in both murders and did research on both.

good point, JDB!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Egladva
Back