Pit bulls break into woman's house; maul her

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I find it impossible to believe that the two pit bulls that attacked this woman in her bed were used as fighting dogs. These were just two everyday average dogs who lived in a normal neighborhood. Its a PRIME example of why these dogs should be destroyed whenever they are found and the breed extinguished.[/quote]

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Although agression toward other animals seems to be a "trait" of pits (and many other breeds), it certainly isn't present in all pits. And it's so easy to control. Neutering the animal, socializing the animal with other animals, training the animal will all reduce or control this natural aggression.

Since my pit fell into my life, I've met so many people who have these dogs. My vet owns a pit, his assistant owns a pit, my DOCTOR owns a pit! I know the temptation is to think that only drug dealing low lifes own pitbulls, but it simply isn't true. The dogs you hear about are FREQUENTLY owned by drug dealing low lifes, (or young adult males who are clueless how necessary it is to take authority over their animal) which strengthens my point that proper training has wonderful results with pits. Again, I'll say that 99% of pits will live long, healthy, happy lives and will never pose a problem.

There are also many celebrities that own pit bulls, here are a few.

<LI class=style1>Jon Stewart of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart owns two pit bulls: Shamsky & Monkey. <LI class=style1>Helen Keller had a pit bull as a family pet. <LI class=style1>Ken Howard, award-winning actor from Crossing Jordon, was saved by his pit bull Shadow during a medical crisis. <LI class=style1>Movie star Alicia Silverstone owns a rescued pit bull named Samson. <LI class=style1>Adam Brody gave girlfriend and O.C. co-star Rachel Bilson a pit bull named Penny Lane as a birthday gift. <LI class=style1>Oscar winner Jamie Foxx, TV Personality Rachael Ray and Pittsburgh Steelers Linebacker Joey Porter all own two pit bulls! <LI class=style1>Jessica Biel has a pit bull named Tina, and Jessica Alba owns a pit bull puppy.
http://greylinepitbulls.kinnemankennels.com/2007/07/celebrities-who-own-pit-bulls.html

• <LI class=style1>Dakota is a pit bull search and rescue who searched for the remains of the astronauts who lost their lives in explosion of the space shuttle Columbia. <LI class=style1>Popsicle, who received his name after police found him in a freezer during a drug raid, is famous for sniffing out drugs for the DEA.
  • A pit bull rescued in South Los Angeles by County Fire Station 14 during 1985 was the station's mascot for years.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...it+bulls&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N

Here is Jessica Biel with her pit bull.

http://images.google.com/imgres?img...&ndsp=18&svnum=10&um=1&hl=en&safe=active&sa=N

"My kids are around pit bulls every day. In the '70s they blamed Dobermans, in the '80s they blamed German shepherds, in the '90s they blamed the Rottweiler. Now they blame the pit bull." - Cesar Millan

I love this quote from Cesar.

I wish I could say we had a ban on them as well. Where I live all pits already owned are allowed to stay however they must be spayed or neutered and on leash and muzzled at all times, even in an off leash dog park! However I don't think they have gone far enough, I would like to see and out and out ban on the breed!
We have the same laws here CW.....the compulsary neutering is in place to let the breed die out.

We have the same laws here CW.....the compulsary neutering is in place to let the breed die out.

I think they should make this a law everywhere. I'm definately not in favor of coming into homes and shooting them on sight, but they shouldn't be allowed to continue breeding them.

I agree Jeana....this is the most humane way to do it,whether it is going to work or not is a different story.

I wish I could say we had a ban on them as well. Where I live all pits already owned are allowed to stay however they must be spayed or neutered and on leash and muzzled at all times, even in an off leash dog park! However I don't think they have gone far enough, I would like to see and out and out ban on the breed!
--That may indeed happen--Fox News is reporting that PETA has come out and stated that all Pit Bulls should be banned thruout the United States a la Britain, and eventually the breed would just die out

Article from the UK. Happened a while ago but tragedies still do happen.

http://news.scotsman.com/topics.cfm?tid=1500&id=640942007

Sadly even when they are banned you still get idiots like this.

Yes and this dog had bit before and shown agression. This guy is an idiot. If either of my dogs ever showed agression as much as I love them they would be put down, I could not take the risk. My point is these dogs don't just snap, there are warning signs, they will show agression before attacking.

Yes and this dog had bit before and shown agression. This guy is an idiot. If either of my dogs ever showed agression as much as I love them they would be put down, I could not take the risk. My point is these dogs don't just snap, there are warning signs, they will show agression before attacking.

Not at all. We've heard time and time again how wonderful these dogs are with the family until the time that they attack. The owners claim they never saw it coming.

Not at all. We've heard time and time again how wonderful these dogs are with the family until the time that they attack. The owners claim they never saw it coming.
While I agree this is what we hear, I do think there are a certain amount of owners that are just saying that. They cannot very well admit that their dogs have shown aggression, because then they may have more culpability, IMO.
While I do agree that some animals may have not ever shown an aggressive side , I also think that many dogs do show it and it is either ignored or not reported.

While I agree this is what we hear, I do think there are a certain amount of owners that are just saying that. They cannot very well admit that their dogs have shown aggression, because then they may have more culpability, IMO.
While I do agree that some animals may have not ever shown an aggressive side , I also think that many dogs do show it and it is either ignored or not reported.

There was a story awhile back of a 5 year old who was killed by her uncles pit bull. It was reported as a family pet and played with the kids well. Later there was a followup story of how the uncle was arrested and charged with fighting the dog and 60 other dogs were taken away from associates for dog fighting. I am not saying all these dogs are fighting dogs but these people definitely are not telling the whole story. We had a story here in Peoria about a month ago where the cops chased two teenagers through their back yard for burglery of other houses. When they got in the backyard there was a rot tied in the shed and the cop shot it. She didn't die but he said he felt threatened by the dog and the owners said she is a good dog and never shows agression. I am sure he would not have shot her had she been wagging her tail and happy to seem him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GhostFromThePast
Back