Plea or Tip? Will there be an arrest?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, secretsquirrel, that's what I've been thinking. Could he have possibly told his mother about a "lovely area where one can bask in the outdoors away from the crowds"? Just maybe mentioned it a few times, or even spent time up there recently or years ago, and she suspected something wasn't right? I'm hoping it's his mother who thought more of the girls than of her ------ son. I would hope she only put two and two together after Chelsea's murder and his arrest. If not, and the information was held for a long time, for shame.

But I thought that JAG didn't have any friends? Maybe I'm wrong. True, the tipster might not be arrested--but the perp would be. Can you imagine if the perp wasn't arrested and he went out and killed again? How would the police explain that? Then maybe it's a juvenile. Way back when a girl was murdered on Long Island and everyone in the school knew about it and would go out to show other people her dead body in the woods--but no one ever told--and we're talking about 50-70 kids who knew and said nothing.

I agree that the killer may have showed another or others the site. The 1986 film "River's Edge" is based on a 1981 incident, the murder of a 14-year-old girl in Milpitas CA, who was killed by a teenager who then showed her body to at least thirteen people and bragged of killing and raping her. Two days went by until someone talked, in that incident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River's_Edge

The thought that someone besides the murderer possibly knew the exact location of this lady is positively frightening, discouraging, and disgusting all at the same time.

Well that what appears to be the case.
I can think of a number of cases where a person not involved in the murder is asked to help dispose of the body. Remote area, hard to get to-would the killer need help with disposal of the body? Or the killer (whoever he is) could have talked to his friends, relatives, etc.

We will find he had been there before just as we do in many cases. Maybe he mentioned a place he went to watch a meteor shower, a place he hiked with a girlfriend, somewhere he hunted. Maybe his parents when asked about such areas he might be familiar with, tipped this off. I highly doubt there is anyone else involved. These aren't crimes of teamwork and if this place is as remote as many are saying, no one could have witnessed anything more than his truck off to the side of the road and or him unloading her, which is always a possibility as well.

Given that her remains were found ::early:: (stressed here on the news) Saturday morning, I agree...either the perp is in jail or he's been very, very monitored.

And, given that they could have kept this under wraps - they waited well over 24 hours before it was even announced that there was this unexpected press conference today, there's a reason we've not heard of someone else suddenly arrested that is a possible 'candidate.'

No one had an inkling this was going down - heck, everyone was talking about Kit Carson Park for the last 48 hours - why was this publicized now if a) the person isn't arrested, or b) there's some strategy and he's out and they're waiting for...? to arrest them.

Seems it's got to be one or the other, doesn't it?

SoCal, they did say FBI got involved yesterday because of the proximity to reservation grounds. Would that factor in as what could be done if it were someone on the reservation?

Yes. Local police or the sheriff department could not arrest a tribal member on tribal lands. Only federal agents can do that--but they just can't come on the property and do it--they have to have an arrest warrant and also make sure they dot their i's and cross their t's because of jurisdictional issues. Not that easy to get a federal judge to issue a warrant on a weekend, so that could be it--they could be waiting for a judge to act on it.

I agree that the killer may have showed another or others the site. The 1986 film "River's Edge" is based on a 1981 incident, the murder of a 14-year-old girl in Milpitas CA, who was killed by a teenager who then showed her body to at least thirteen people and bragged of killing and raping her. Two days went by until someone talked, in that incident.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River's_Edge

That's not something sexual predators usually do. And why on earth would one who had served time and was out on parole do such a thing? He killed his victims so there would be no witnesses to testify against him. He would not solicit witnesses.

Yes. Local police or the sheriff department could not arrest a tribal member on tribal lands. Only federal agents can do that--but they just can't come on the property and do it--they have to have an arrest warrant and also make sure they dot their i's and cross their t's because of jurisdictional issues. Not that easy to get a federal judge to issue a warrant on a weekend, so that could be it--they could be waiting for a judge to act on it.
I thought it was north of the reservation?

If it were JAG he might also have threatened someone with their life if they went to the police with the info and it wasn't until after he was in jail (presumably for life) that they felt they could go to the police with the info. Perhaps an ex girlfriend?

I think the perp was JAG. If it wasn't JAG I believe the police would just come out and say that it wasn't him and they would more than likely have arrested the responsible party BEFORE making the announcement (especially since no one was onto the find!)

And what exactly would keep police from saying it if JAG were a suspect?

If the information didn't come from him it could have come from a relative, friend, ex- girlfriend, psychologist, cell mate, etc. It may be as innocent as something he said to someone in passing that they never really knew if it was true or relevant. So many possibilities.

I don't think so, I think it had to be someone who either helped dispose of the body or saw it after the fact. I can't impress enough what a remote and rugged area this is--it would not be easy to describe a specific spot--it all looks basically the same. They would have to be taken there.

I just happened to find out about this and had to come and see whats going on. I had to use the search bar to find where her thread was, I was suprised its not in the missings furom.
I am so glad she can finally be laid to rest, I to think it has something to do with JaG either someone he bragged to or something at his home.

What I beleive happened is possably JaG bragged to a friend yea, I raped that girl Amber killed her and dumped her body at said place.... Friend thinks JaG is just trying to be "bad" and blows it off til they here about his arrest and what happened to Chelsey and decided to go to LE and tell them about what he had said.

I thought it was north of the reservation?

The remains were found (possibly) off the reservation but I think they are talking about protocol in arresting a member of the tribe, assuming the perp was a member of the tribe.

They need not have known an exact location, just a general one or a hunch. Pinpointing the exact location is what dogs are for.

True, unless the finding of the body is splashed all over the media in the area where the perp lives and they disclose on a televised presser that essentially someone told them where to find the body! No way would they make an announcement of locating her body based on a tip if they thought the perp could take off!

They could be watching the suspect to make sure he doesn't take off (assuming the suspect isn't already in jail).

They need not have known an exact location, just a general one or a hunch. Pinpointing the exact location is what dogs are for.

Again, this is a very remote area where the searchers couldn't even get to before.
So whoever told them where the body was most likely told them the exact location.

They found the body because someone (not JAG) has tipped LE.
That someone apparently tipped LE because Chelsea's case (and therefore Amber's) was on the news.
I am sure we will know soon enough whether JAG is the suspect in Amber's case.
respectfully I think we will see this later (ie, it remains to be seen)

Why do I think this? One coincidence:eek:kay... two? maybe... three? something is going on (and something is going on that we don't know).

And what exactly would keep police from saying it if JAG were a suspect?
That's what I don't get. If it were JAG and he cut a death penalty deal and led them to the body --the cards are all on the table and there's no reason not to disclose it. However, if travelingbug's post was correct and JAG gave them information on Sunday that led them there before he lawyered up then they may not want to say anything hoping to trick him into confessing or perhaps waiting for forensic analysis to be made. That said, if that were true, then why wait a week to search? Unless they were given an approximate location and they've been searching all along. I think a clue may be that they kept this particular search top secret---why? That may give us the answer.

The thought that someone besides the murderer possibly knew the exact location of this lady is positively frightening, discouraging, and disgusting all at the same time.

If she was killed by other teenagers, it wouldn't be that surprising. There was a case up here ([ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reena_Virk"]here[/ame]) where a young girl was killed by other teens, and it took them a week to find her even though half the school apparently knew what happened.

That's what I don't get. If it were JAG and he cut a death penalty deal and led them to the body --the cards are all on the table and there's no reason not to disclose it. However, if travelingbug's post was correct and JAG gave them information on Sunday that led them there before he lawyered up then they may not want to say anything hoping to trick him into confessing or perhaps waiting for forensic analysis to be made. That said, if that were true, then why wait a week to search? Unless they were given an approximate location and they've been searching all along. I think a clue may be that they kept this particular search top secret---why? That may give us the answer.

Yes, if JAG were to make a deal, I presume they would have come out and said it. Also, I'd guess they would ask Chelsea's parents approval (although obviously not necessary). So I don't think JAG made any deals with them.

Why no arrest? Because the murderer is in jail. I think JAG talked - not out of any sense of "remorse" or "conscience" but more to save his sorry stinkin' butt!

I hope that LE told him - yea we'll take the DP off the table if you tell us and then PUT IT RIGHT BACK ON for Amber. LE can tell him - yea we took it off for Chelsea but we didn't promise anything for Amber!

This guy needs to fry!

IMO the info came from him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members