POI: Carman Monaco, Jr.

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I was thinking about the news article that stated that Carman Monaco Jr. threatened to "cut off [her] breasts". This to me kind of stands out as pretty sadistic. Its not every day that you hear something like that.

I did a little googling and came up with a possible connection. This connection is pretty remote, so maybe there's no connection here at all and I'm barking up the wrong tree.

Carman's dad died in 1980 when Carman was 23 years old.

In 1980 and over the next year or two, there was a SK in the news named Richard Cottingham. Here's some highlights:

- [Cottingham] was an especially sadistic killer whose trials drew intense media coverage.
- Cottingham was also found guilty in New York of the mutilation murders of three prostitutes — two of whom he dismembered, cutting off their heads, hands and feet.
- By month's end New York cops were calling him the prime suspect in the May 15, 1980, mutilation murder of another prostitute in a Manhattan hotel. Her throat had been slashed and both breasts removed.
- And in 1984, upon conviction for the three New York murders, he was sentenced to an additional 75 years to life.
- He was nicknamed "The Torso Killer"

Food for thought, anyway.

I don't understand the possible connection you are trying to make to the Long Island Serial Killer that is the topic of this forum. Are you saying that someone nicknamed "The Torso Killer" (Richard Cottingham) convicted in 1984 for three New York murders is someone to consider as related to the Manorville murders and the 10 victims along Oak Beach? I honestly don't see where this is not completely o/t.

I don't understand the possible connection you are trying to make to the Long Island Serial Killer that is the topic of this forum. Are you saying that someone nicknamed "The Torso Killer" (Richard Cottingham) convicted in 1984 for three New York murders is someone to consider as related to the Manorville murders and the 10 victims along Oak Beach? I honestly don't see where this is not completely o/t.

OK, I'll be clear:

1) In 2004, police refused to rule out Carman Monaco Jr. as a suspect in the Manorville slayings.
2) Police in December 2011 now say Manorville and GB4 are from the same killer (collectively, the "Long Island Serial Killer" - the topic of this forum).
3) Carman (still a suspect) threatened to "cut off the breasts" of his victims
4) Where did Carman come up with that off-the-wall, sadistic concept of breast removal? Did he just make it up on-the-fly, see it on TV (doubtful), read it somewhere? My suggestion is that he was possibly aware of Cottingham in 1980, when Cottingham received "intense media coverage" in the same year Carman's father died. The relevant part of mentioning Cottingham and Carman in the same sentence is that Cottingham cut off a prostitute's breasts in NYC. He also cut off his victims heads, feet, hands (just like Manorville victims, of which Carman was questioned by police and police refused to rule him out as a suspect).

So no, I was never suggesting that RC was in any way connected to Manorville/Oak Beach. He was in jail for the rest of his life in 1980.

I don't think this was entirely off topic Redbird. Please refer to post#1 in this thread.

You make quite a compelling case regarding this guy, inspctrgadget. Here's hoping LE takes your tip seriously.

Here's another possible connection to burlap.

Carman Monaco Jr. lives at 14 Pine Gate in Patchogue, NY. Directly behind his house is a small municipal wastewater treatment facility.

Take a look at this link. You can select "Bird's Eye" view on the map and zoom into the facility:

http://iaspub.epa.gov/enviro/fii_query_detail.disp_program_facility?p_registry_id=110009149938

Note the pond. That's called an "effluent pond", "facultative pond" or "waste stabilization pond". Its where solid human waste (sh$t) is given time to sediment out and naturally decompose through organic/biological processes.

These ponds are lined to prevent seepage. What are they lined with?

Among other things, burlap.

Take a look at the EPA Design Manual for Municipal Wastewater Stabilization Ponds.

In this EPA document, they state:

"...A 10 ounce jute burlap has also been used as the interior layer between 2 hot sprayed asphalt layers. In this case the total asphalt application should be about 2.5 gal/yd^. The prefabricated lining may be on the surface or buried. If buried, it could be covered with a layer of soil..."

So, if I'm right, we could be looking at about an acre of burlap in Carman Monaco Jr.'s back yard.

My guess is that these liners are replaced and repaired frequently, and they may have huge rolls of burlap on-site. I also can't notice any serious fences around the property. Using this material might give some significance to wrapping victims in it - kind of like one last insult.

I encourage anyone here to contact Suffolk County Water Department and find out if they are using asphalt/burlap liners at this facility. There's a contact person listed on the EPA page in the first link. Maybe say you're doing a science project or something. Please report back.

Here's another possible connection to burlap.

Carman Monaco Jr. lives at 14 Pine Gate in Patchogue, NY. Directly behind his house is a small municipal wastewater treatment facility.

Take a look at this link. You can select "Bird's Eye" view on the map and zoom into the facility:

http://iaspub.epa.gov/enviro/fii_query_detail.disp_program_facility?p_registry_id=110009149938

Note the pond. That's called an "effluent pond", "facultative pond" or "waste stabilization pond". Its where solid human waste (sh$t) is given time to sediment out and naturally decompose through organic/biological processes.

These ponds are lined to prevent seepage. What are they lined with?

Among other things, burlap.

Take a look at the EPA Design Manual for Municipal Wastewater Stabilization Ponds.

In this EPA document, they state:

"...A 10 ounce jute burlap has also been used as the interior layer between 2 hot sprayed asphalt layers. In this case the total asphalt application should be about 2.5 gal/yd^. The prefabricated lining may be on the surface or buried. If buried, it could be covered with a layer of soil..."

So, if I'm right, we could be looking at about an acre of burlap in Carman Monaco Jr.'s back yard.

My guess is that these liners are replaced and repaired frequently, and they may have huge rolls of burlap on-site. I also can't notice any serious fences around the property. Using this material might give some significance to wrapping victims in it - kind of like one last insult.

I encourage anyone here to contact Suffolk County Water Department and find out if they are using asphalt/burlap liners at this facility. There's a contact person listed on the EPA page in the first link. Maybe say you're doing a science project or something. Please report back.

After further thought, I don't think this waste pond is the source of burlap. The project wasn't expanded until 2010. The first GB4 victim was found wrapped in burlap in 2007. Unless there was an earlier expansion prior to 2007, which I couldn't find proof of, I think this is out.

I do think that Neptune Feed & Saddlery in Calverton is a better source of the burlap. We KNOW Carman Monaco Jr. was working for Hub Trucks around 2007 (see below).

Can anyone find any more details about this case that shows he was working for Hub Trucks? What was Carman doing in the Bronx? What is the nature of his work at Hub Trucks?

Court: Bronx County Civil Court
Index Number: TS-300302-07/BX
Case Name: COSS, SUSANNA vs. PENA, JOSE A. DAVIS TRANSPORTATION CO., MONACO JR., CARMAN HUB TRUCK RENTAL CORPORATION MONACO JR, CARMAN HUB TRUCK RENTAL CORPORATION vs. PENA, JOSE A. DAVIS TRANSPORTATION CO.

Classification: General
Filing Date: 05/22/2007
Disposition Date: 07/08/2009

Carman Monaco Jr. was convicted of stalking. Clinical research into stalking behavior provides a glimpse into this person who was not ruled out as a Manorville suspect in 2004.

Based on what we know from news reports, Carman appears to have exhibited a rare (and most dangerous) form of stalking behavior called "Predatory Stalking". He was anonymously stalking a complete stranger and using threats of extreme violence to instill fear in his victims. He also led his victims to believe that he was "watching" them. His crime also included elements of paraphilia (aberrant sexuality) related to dismemberment and torture (sexual sadism and masochism).

As you'll see from the research I've linked to, this rare type of criminal is very likely to have a severe personality disorder with a high propensity for violence, likely brought on by genetic predisposition and early life trauma. As we know, Carman's father died in June when Carman was only 23 years old. He is buried near Manorville.

Most stalkers have a prior relationship with (and are known by) the victim (former spouse, co-worker, etc.). Another type of stalker exhibits something called "Erotomania", which is the belief that someone of a higher social status is secretly in love with you. Based on news reports, Carman Monaco Jr. does not appear to fall into these two particular categories of stalker.

There are other categories of stalkers (resentful, incompetent), but again the descriptions of these typologies are not in line with the elements of Carman's reported stalking behavior. These "stalker types" can also be "comorbid", meaning that someone can be (and exhibit behaviors of) more than one type of stalker.

Note that a "predatory stalker" may exhibit sexually deviant behavior related to "paraphilic asphyxia", which means that they are sexually gratified by strangulation and asphyxiation, which was the cause of death for some of the victims in the LI Serial Killer case.

I'll try to summarize some of my research, but you should definitely read up on this topic.

http://apt.rcpsych.org/content/7/5/335.full

...High rates of personality disorders have been found in studies of stalkers ( Meloy & Gothard, 1995 ; Harmon et al1998 ; Mullen et al1999 ). Paranoid, dependent, narcissistic and antisocial personality disorders appear to predominate....

...The predatory stalker...The stalking is surreptitious so as not to alarm the victim, although some predatory stalkers take pleasure in raising the victim's anxiety by actions that let the target know he or she is being watched without revealing the identify or whereabouts of the stalker....

...Predatory stalkers should almost always be managed within a sex-offender programme, with the main focus being on the management of the paraphilia that is the driving force behind the stalking behaviour....

http://homepage.psy.utexas.edu/homepage/Group/BussLAB/stalkinghelp/StalkingWhyAm.html#Resentful

Predatory Stalker

Motivation
(a) Stalks his victim as part of a plan to attack her, usually sexually.
(b) Is motivated by the promise of sexual gratification and power over his victim.

Personality
(a) Often has poor self-esteem and is sexually deviant.
(b) Often has poor social skills, especially in romantic relationships.
(c) May have lower than normal intelligence.

Victim Characteristics
(a) May stalk someone he knows or a complete stranger.

Stalking Behaviors
(a) Usually does not harass or try to contact his victim while he is stalking her. He is unlikely to provide any kind of his plan to attack the victim.
(b) May engage in behaviors such as:
- Surveillance of the victim
- Obscene phone calls
- Exhibitionism
- Fetishism
- Voyeurism (Peeping Tom)
- Paedophilia/hebephilia
- Sexual masochism and sadism
- Paraphilic asphyxia

Duration and Criminality
(a) May stalk for a shorter period of time than other types of stalkers.
(b) Is more likely to have prior criminal convictions, most often sexual, than other types of stalkers.
(c) Has a high potential to commit sexual assault.

http://bjp.rcpsych.org/content/176/3/206.full

...Most authors agree on the importance of the distinction between stalking in the context of (some sort of) prior relationship and stalking where there has not been a real relationship at all; but they differ in the details of subdivision....

...Much more common is the scenario in which stalker and ‘ stalkee’ had some sort of ‘real’ prior relationship: they were often prior acquaintances or intimates...

...Tjaden & Thoenness (1997) found that stalkers' most common motivation was the desire to maintain control over their victims....

...For example, Kienlen (1998) found that a large proportion of stalkers had experienced significant discontinuity in their childhood (e.g. loss of a carer) and that many incidences of stalking immediately follow object loss....

...Stalking is predominantly associated with cluster B personality pathology (narcissistic and borderline personality disorders) and to a lesser extent with dependent, schizoid, and paranoid features...

...interventions often appear to incense the stalkers and stimulate them to even more malicious and intense persecutory behaviour....

...Stalkers are most likely to be found among the diagnostic classes of psychotic disorders or (severe) personality disorders....

http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/article.aspx?Volume=156&page=1244&journalID=13

...Compared with the state’s public mental health patients, stalkers are more than twice as likely to have a previous conviction for violence and also more likely to have comorbid substance abuse disorder (25% versus 15%) (25)...

...The overall risk presented by intimacy-seeking stalkers is low, but, in our experience, those with erotomania and morbid infatuations can, on occasion, be responsible for extreme violence (19)....

Excellent research inspctrg!

Have you come across any information that Monaco is computer literate?

Does he have any history of cyberstalking, cyberbullying and/or cyberharassment?

Great stuff, Inspectr. I'm following this thread with interest.

Not sure this helps us, but the video feeds from the time/dates of the calls to Amanda Barthelemy might have some evidence in them if the police can ID a "Hub Truck" parked anywhere nearby. I believe Carman Monaco Jr. worked for Hub Truck Rentals at least from 2007 forward. If he was following his prior M.O. and placing these vulgar/mocking calls from the road and in the city while on the job, the police might be able to spot a truck that looks exactly like one of these in the Times Sq/Port Auth/MSG video surveillance footage:

See the Hub Truck here: http://hubtruck.com

I'll update my tip to Suffolk County PD.

Here is a list of people that could participate in a voice lineup administered by police in an attempt to match the voice of Carman Monaco Jr. with that of the serial killer. If such a match were made, this would potentially provide probably cause for an arrest and search warrant.

Carman's voice samples could come from: (1) the recordings of his threatening calls to New 12 Long Island; or (2) new voice samples. I assume that police have at least one voice sample of the serial killer, obtained from the serial killer's calls to Amanda.

Voice lineup could include:

1) Amanda Barthelemy (Melissa's teenage sister)
2) Johnny Terry (Melissa's boyfriend)
3) Ela Waterman (Megan's mother)
4) Danielle Campbell (News 12 Long Island)
5) Elizabeth Hashagen (News 12 Long Island)
6) Marybeth McDade (News 12 Long Island)
7) Doug Geed (News 12 Long Island)
8) Roxanne Paquette (Nassau County Assistant District Attorney)
9) Voice analysis software

Excellent sleuthing on Carman who IMO obviously is unstable mentally AFAICT..
But I find the connection to just not be there.. That's just a personal opinion, tho.. But as far as the "voice recognition" and/or a voice line up IMO "if" that were to somehow come to fruition in reality(which IMO would never have a chance in hell of happening..jmo).. But IMO speaking in theoretic terms IMO it'd actually very quickly rule him out..seeing as how he's almost 60 and the voice on the phone is that of an extremely muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch younger male(Carman being more than twice, if not 3x the age of the male).. This would quickly nix Carman being the killer and sadistic caller..

"I believe that he is between - his late 20s and his late 30s," Cohen says, "I've been led to believe by Amanda and by the data that I have that he is a white male."

http://www.cbsnews.com/2100-18559_16...in;contentBody

Excellent sleuthing on Carman who IMO obviously is unstable mentally AFAICT..
But I find the connection to just not be there.. That's just a personal opinion, tho.. But as far as the "voice recognition" and/or a voice line up IMO "if" that were to somehow come to fruition in reality(which IMO would never have a chance in hell of happening..jmo).. But IMO speaking in theoretic terms IMO it'd actually very quickly rule him out..seeing as how he's almost 60 and the voice on the phone is that of an extremely muuuuuuuuuuuuuuch younger male(Carman being more than twice, if not 3x the age of the male).. This would quickly nix Carman being the killer and sadistic caller..

Thanks for your post, Smooth. I think you've brought up a good point and added some value here, but let me point out some things.

It seems that voice studies seem to show that people are "generally" able to judge age based on phone voice. See: www.speech.kth.se/~loce/papers/specom_29-3.doc

Also note the following statement in this study:

..."listeners tend to overestimate young speakers and to underestimate old speakers. This tendency was pointed out also by Ship and Hollien (Ship and Hollien, 1969) in their experiment in which subject performed a direct age estimation task".... (this means that if the voice is actually 52 (Carman's age), then people would tend to think he was 20, 30, 40, etc. as opposed to 60, 70, 80, etc.

Also note that Cohen (the Barthelemy's lawyer) was merely guessing at the caller's age based on "hearsay" from a teenager (i.e., he did not state that he himself had listened to those calls or their recordings).

Also note from the study, they found the following to be true:
..."Finally if we consider the speakers as forming only three groups: younger speakers, adult speakers and older speakers, we can see that the overall percent of correct answers rise up to 71%, as shown in figure 4..."

Amanda Barthelemy, who DID actually receive those calls, said that he sounded like an "older white guy" - those are her words.

Here's the citation, in quotes: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...island-serial-killer-victims-secret-life.html

Final point - we don't know what Carman Monaco Jr.'s voice sounds like, and we have only two pieces of voice analysis so far - Cohen's and Amanda's - and they seem to differ. We know Amanda actually heard the caller, we don't know that Cohen was privy to that evidence, or if the call was even recorded at all! Cohen states that he's basing that guess on his conversations with Amanda and other "data he's seen". You don't "see" voice samples, you "hear" them. So my money says that Cohen never heard the SK. He's assuming the age based on research of SKs.

So, would you get a pretty good estimation of the serial killer's age if you had 50 people listen to a recorded telephone conversation between the SK and Amanda - YES!! But right now we have too little information to dismiss Carman Monaco Jr. based on the information at hand.

This following link shows Carman Monaco Jr. is somehow associated with a "Charles Monaco". My guess is that Charles is Carman Monaco Jr.'s uncle.
Link: http://www.whitepages.com/name/Carman-Monaco/East-Patchogue-NY/22iimyu

The following link shows a Charles J. Monaco Sr. who lived in West Islip, the same town where Carman's mother lived. It also shows two instances of a Carman Monaco from Ocean Beach, NY. Ocean Beach is really Fire Island.

Link: http://www.whitepages.com/name/Charles-Monaco/East-patchogue-NY
Charles J. Monaco Sr. (West Islip) - associated people: unknown
Charles Monaco (Ocean Beach) - associated people: unknown
Charles M Monaco (Age 65) (Ocean Beach)

This link shows a Charles Monaco Jr. that lives in Fire Island.
Link: http://longisland.blockshopper.com/taxes/by_school/58-fire-island?page=4
Charles Monaco Jr
30 Bayview Wlk
Fire Island

This link shows a Charles Monaco that lived in both Ocean Beach AND Woodbury (remember, "Sal from Manorville" a.k.a. "Sal from Woodbury" a.k.a. Carman Monaco Jr.?)

This link shows the house was purchased for $777,500 on June 4, 2004:
Link: http://longisland.blockshopper.com/property/47-28-89-050-049-7000-100-056-0000/30_bayview/

I'm not sure how this fits, if at all. Was Carman close with Charles after his dad died in 1980? Is Charles Monaco really Carman Monaco Sr.'s brother? Is this relationship just an incorrect assumption based on bad data?

I assume Charles moved from Woodbury to Fire Island in 2004, but so what? Does any of this mean that Carman would be familiar with Ocean Parkway in 2000/2003/2007/2009/2010 (dates of Manorville, GB4)? Probably not.

When Carman foreclosed on his house in 2009, is it possible that he stayed in Fire Island? Probably not if he has to take a ferry to work, if he was even working. Even if he did, I suppose this doesn't mean much since Fire Island and Oak Beach are realtively difficult to get to/from each other if you don't have a boat.

Anyway, just food for thought. Nothing much here other than a very loose connection to Woodbury and the beach.

I'd like to ask for everybody's help here. I'm planning on submitting a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request for records related to Carman Monaco Jr. This information is in the public's interest, and we're all members of the public.

Things I'll need for filing the FOIL requests:

1) County (Nassau or Suffolk)
2) Department (Police, Probation, County Clerk, etc.)
3) Description of Records Sought (dates, names, descriptions, etc.)

I believe I can receive many of these documents by e-mail, but if the volume of information becomes too large they will want to just make the documents available for inspection and copying. If that's the case, I'll need a volunteer from Long Island who can move pretty quickly (I think they have to provide these documents within 10 days or so). We can work out the details via PM or e-mail to ensure anonymity.

Here's the list I have so far that I'd like your help building upon or improving:

1) Nassau County Police

County: Nassau
Department: Police
Description of Records:

- Preliminary police reports
- Incident reports
- Crime reports
- Investigative reports
- Arrest report
- Technical or forensic reports
- Witness reports
- Charging document (complaint, information or indictment)
- List of records provided during defendant's discovery process

2) Suffolk County Police

County: Suffolk
Description of Records:

- Any "Investigative Reports" beginning in 2004-2007 related to Carman Monaco Jr. in connection with the murder of three women whose dismembered corpses were dumped in a wooded area in Manorville, NY in 2000 and 2003.
- Any "Interview Reports" from police interviews of Carman Monaco Jr. in connection with the investigation.
- Any "Interview Notes" taken by the interviewers.
- Any other records from the police files related to Carman Monaco Jr. and the Manorville investigation.

3) Nassau County Probation

Department: Probation
Description of Records:

- Pre-sentence probation report
- Probation reports for Carman Monaco Jr.
- Probation officer contact information
- Notes from meetings or interviews that the probation officer has had with Carman Monaco Jr.
- Notes from meetings or interviews that the probation officer has had with employers, landlords, or others to verify the adherence to probation requirements.

4) Nassau County Clerk Records

Department: County Clerk
Description of Records:

- Records of Carman Monaco Jr. of E. Patchogue, NY convicted in 2005 of seven misdemeanor counts of aggravated harassment and stalking, and four felony counts of coercion.

Good luck inspctrgadget!

I hope the information you uncover nails the perp!!

I'd like to ask for everybody's help here. I'm planning on submitting a Freedom of Information Law (FOIL) request for records related to Carman Monaco Jr. This information is in the public's interest, and we're all members of the public.

Things I'll need for filing the FOIL requests:

1) County (Nassau or Suffolk)
2) Department (Police, Probation, County Clerk, etc.)
3) Description of Records Sought (dates, names, descriptions, etc.)

I believe I can receive many of these documents by e-mail, but if the volume of information becomes too large they will want to just make the documents available for inspection and copying. If that's the case, I'll need a volunteer from Long Island who can move pretty quickly (I think they have to provide these documents within 10 days or so). We can work out the details via PM or e-mail to ensure anonymity.

Here's the list I have so far that I'd like your help building upon or improving:

1) Nassau County Police

Description of Records:

- Preliminary police reports
- Incident reports
- Crime reports
- Investigative reports
- Arrest report
- Technical or forensic reports
- Witness reports
- Charging document (complaint, information or indictment)
- List of records provided during defendant's discovery process

2) Suffolk County Police

County: Suffolk
Description of Records:

- Any "Investigative Reports" beginning in 2004-2007 related to Carman Monaco Jr. in connection with the murder of three women whose dismembered corpses were dumped in a wooded area in Manorville, NY in 2000 and 2003.
- Any "Interview Reports" from police interviews of Carman Monaco Jr. in connection with the investigation.
- Any "Interview Notes" taken by the interviewers.
- Any other records from the police files related to Carman Monaco Jr. and the Manorville investigation.

3) Nassau County Probation

Department: Probation
Description of Records:

- Pre-sentence probation report
- Probation reports for Carman Monaco Jr.
- Probation officer contact information
- Notes from meetings or interviews that the probation officer has had with Carman Monaco Jr.
- Notes from meetings or interviews that the probation officer has had with employers, landlords, or others to verify the adherence to probation requirements.

4) Nassau County Clerk Records

Department: County Clerk
Description of Records:

- Records of Carman Monaco Jr. of E. Patchogue, NY convicted in 2005 of seven misdemeanor counts of aggravated harassment and stalking, and four felony counts of coercion.

Me and somebody I know both filed FOIA requests on whatever files the government has on us. Mine came back with nothing, which is not surprising as I've never really done anything that the government would find notable. My acquaintance, however, got a nice long xerox copy of a document that had been almost completely covered in permanent marker. Needless to say, I was disappointed that his file was more interesting than mine.

Anyway, if they don't want you to know something,they send you the file, but they do the permanent marker routine. At least that's my understanding.

I submitted the request for electronic files to Nassau County only at this point. Waiting to see what comes back...

Inspctrgadget,

It appears you main POI is Mr. Monaco Jr.

I have a few questions;

1) Do you believe your POI was involved with SG's death?
2) Do you link him with the other GB discoveries?
3) Do you think he is involved with all of them?
4) Do you have any reason to link Mr. Monaco Jr. to these cases? (ie he was seen with one or more of the victims prior to their disappearance. He was in Oak Beach the night SG disappeared.)
5) Do you have some information that you cannot disclose on this forum?

The reason I ask is that to me, it seems to me that past behavior is all that links him to these cases.

I would hope that LE has kept an eye on this man and that they have considered him in their hunt for the Long Island SK. The first thing I would like to know before doing a lot of research on this is if he has an alibi for the time of any of these murders.

Inspctrgadget,

It appears you main POI is Mr. Monaco Jr.

I have a few questions;

1) Do you believe your POI was involved with SG's death?
2) Do you link him with the other GB discoveries?
3) Do you think he is involved with all of them?
4) Do you have any reason to link Mr. Monaco Jr. to these cases? (ie he was seen with one or more of the victims prior to their disappearance. He was in Oak Beach the night SG disappeared.)
5) Do you have some information that you cannot disclose on this forum?

The reason I ask is that to me, it seems to me that past behavior is all that links him to these cases.

1) It is my assumption (and that of the police) that SG died of accidental causes (I believe hypothermia, not drowning). Please see post#1 on this thread. This particular thread is not meant for discussing SG. There is NO ACTUAL EVIDENCE THAT LINKS HER TO THE LONG ISLAND SERIAL KILLER CASE.

2) Amanda Barthelemy, Johnny Terry and Ela Waterman all received vulgar and threatening phone calls. Police believe at least the calls to Amanda were from the actual SK. These calls were very similar in nature to Carman Monaco Jr.'s threatening calls to News 12 LI anchors (lewd/vulgar/threatening/mocking). During the 300 calls placed to his victims between 1998-2004, he threatened gruesome dismemberment and said he would put his victims with the rest of the "*advertiser censored*" in Manorville. He called from payphones in the city to remain anonymous. He called himself "Sal from Manorville". In 2005, Suffolk County police questioned him in relation to the 2000 and 2003 Manorville bodies that were found, and refused to rule him out as a suspect. In December 2011, police said that they now believe Manorville and GB4 are related. These are the facts, Windsor, I'm just putting 2 & 2 together.

3) Police think there is a single serial killer. I agree. Whether Carman Monaco Jr. is still a suspect in Manorville (and by necessity, the GB4) is the question.

4) Read through this thread from the beginning, Windsor, and you'll get a better sense of the things that seem to link Carman Monaco Jr. to the case. And no there's no link to SG. She died of accidental causes and is unrelated to this case entirely.

5) No. Why would I? I found news articles from 2004/2005 that identify Carman Monaco Jr. as someone who was not ruled out in the Manorville killings. As of 2010, that case is now inextricably linked to the GB4. I'm discussing the similarities in his 1998-2004 crimes with the known evidence (the calls to Amanda) from the Long Island serial killer case. There seems to be a clear match in M.O.

You said: "past behavior is all that links him to these cases". I say OK, that's enough for him to be a SERIOUS POI for not only this board, but also POLICE, THE MEDIA, THE FAMILIES OF THE VICTIMS, ETC, ETC. His past behavior, including his actions, statements and general modus operendi were nearly identical to the known behavior of the LI SK as evidenced by his calls to Amanda. And police refused to rule him out as a suspect in the Manorville slayings in 2005. And he received intense, court ordered psychotherary, evidence of a severe psychological problem. I'm sorry Windsor, I just don't see how this person isn't "your main POI" too?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcnew91
Back