Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
missinggirl.jpg

missinggirl2.jpg

what do you think? first one is from the pictures and the second one is from missing and exploited children's site
I totally agree! There are two other pictures of his that I believe to be of the same woman. She is in a bikini in them and the resemblance is striking! The woman in the bottom photo is Dorothy Mildred Clitheroe.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/clitheroe_dorothy.html

kidwell_debra.jpg

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/k/kidwell_debra.html

She went missing in Ventura which is not too far from Los Angeles county where Alcala has been active.

Here's one of Alcala's photos.

kz3dqc-kz3dsq0058.jpg

I hope this one has been called in...

There is certainly no problem with the timeline, as Alcala was free at the time of Kidwell's disappearance (May 4, 1979).
He killed Jill Parenteau in June in Burbank and kidnapped and killed Robin Samsoe a week later in Huntington Beach. Ventura is an hour's drive from L.A.

Watched the last 3/4 of the Dr. Phil show today, it said that both his mother and his sister were teachers. I really would like to know the answer to this question, which (at least on the part I caught) was never asked or answered: WHY WEREN'T THESE PICTURES RELEASED AND BROADCAST ON TV WHEN THEY FOUND THEM 31 YEARS AGO? Is there some logical/legal reason, or was it just another overlooked opportunity to keep this guy behind bars?
I agree BillyLee.
They should have been released before the possibility of so many of these girls (and boys) family members that knew them and would recognize them passed away from old age.

I've been wondering the same thing. It's frustrating to see possible matches and find that some of these women vanished when Alcala was behind bars.
Dorothy Clitheroe is just one example...missing from Phoenix in Sept. of 1973 while Alcala was incarcerated in Calif.

I've been wondering if some of these photos were perhaps given to him by someone else. I think LE needs to look back into his Army days and his UCLA days to see exactly who his friends/acquaintances were. It could also be important to know whom he contacted while in prison, outside of his family.
Are there any historical examples of serial killers who keep in contact with one another? I know there have been teams of killers (such as Bittaker and Norris), but have there ever been two or more serial killers who worked alone but shared information, trophies, etc?

Speaking of family, he seemed to live much of the time at his mother's house in Monterey Park. At least one other relative also lived there (his sister).
The only thing I could find about his mother is her name, Anna Maria German.
There is a "Anna M. German" listed in the Social Security Death Index,
born 1-10-1909 and died 2-1-1999, last residence Monterey Park, CA.

She probably held onto his belongings and he simply came back home each time. His mother bailed him out in Riverside in early 1979 when he was arrested for the kidnapping and rape of the 15-year old girl. Incredibly, a judge set his bail at a ridicuously low $10,000. Absurd, in light of his extensive history of violent sexual crimes. At least two women would have been saved if that judge had had any sense.
The girls matched may well have run away for a period of time and met up with him once he got out. It could well be that they met with foul play after they had managed to survive on their own for a time...

Just something to think about.

If you see a resemblance it's worth mentioning. You never can really know what the circumstances may have been!

MOO

I hope this one has been called in...

There is certainly no problem with the timeline, as Alcala was free at the time of Kidwell's disappearance (May 4, 1979).
He killed Jill Parenteau in June in Burbank and kidnapped and killed Robin Samsoe a week later in Huntington Beach. Ventura is an hour's drive from L.A.

Just an observation here, but this swim suit reminds me of something out of the 60's or early 70's. The pattern reminds me of a perhaps a Vera scarf pattern or some other artist doing what was called pop art or mod art back then. I have looked and looked for this pattern on line, but haven't come up with anything though.

Despite the many pictures here that are creepy and awful and show girls that are possibly frightened, I was shocked and even more frightened by the number of pictures that show women who are genuinely happy and relaxed and enjoying themselves with what looks to be genuine expression. What a manipulative creep he was! YUCK!

This young lady has some serious bruising on her thighs above the knees. Her left ankle is so swollen I can hardly make out an ankle bone protruding on the outer side. She is also pointing to writing on her arm but I can not read the writing. Remember the girl in the hat by the window I think has writing on her arm that is faded? Another thing, what is up with the pointing fingers like it is a gun? We have this one pointing under her chin with her fingers in a gun position and we have the girl with the funny make-up also having both hands in a gun position. Just strange.

Swelling in the legs...hmmm diabetic and no insulin maybe? Can any diabetics here tell me...if this was the reason her ankle is so swollen and she had no insulin wouldn't she already be going into a diabetic coma and not so happy looking?

IDK, but her legs are horribly bruised. It shows up much better when I put it on the big TV. Would her ankle swell like that if there were enough pressure in the thigh area for an extended amount of time? The right thigh has two parallel bruises that run across her thigh.
I think she has bruising on her neck also.

Attachments

• alcala engineer shorts.jpg
    alcala engineer shorts.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 83
This young lady has some serious bruising on her thighs above the knees. Her left ankle is so swollen I can hardly make out an ankle bone protruding on the outer side. She is also pointing to writing on her arm but I can not read the writing. Remember the girl in the hat by the window I think has writing on her arm that is faded? Another thing, what is up with the pointing fingers like it is a gun? We have this one pointing under her chin with her fingers in a gun position and we have the girl with the funny make-up also having both hands in a gun position. Just strange.

which picture are you referring to?

You're right one is burning "sideways" shoulda caught that! Though I've never seen that particular decoration, and I'm kinda' of a nut over Christmas stuff. I still have (and purchase on Ebay old Christmas ornaments). The tinsel on that tree also looks like the old tinsel that was really tin (or aluminum or whatever it was made of), it always got wrinkled and you could store it and save it for next year. Wonder what year they quit making that stuff? Interestingly, some of the ornaments on there look like they are pictures, but they are too blurry to make out. Is that an "Alvin" from the chipmonks as the tree topper?

"Aluminum Christmas trees were first manufactured in 1958, remained popular into the 1960s, and were manufactured into the 1970s"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum_Christmas_tree

Despite the many pictures here that are creepy and awful and show girls that are possibly frightened, I was shocked and even more frightened by the number of pictures that show women who are genuinely happy and relaxed and enjoying themselves with what looks to be genuine expression. What a manipulative creep he was! YUCK!

I know what you mean, many, many of the pictures show a young girl who you can tell was "appreciating" the attention she was receiving. THAT SOB knew this, obviously! Make me wanna cry, that these girls were so "wanting" in approval and appreciation!!!

which picture are you referring to?
The funny make-up girl? The one with the blue coat that appears to have dog hair or hair from that rug of his all over the neckline. I'll find it and post it for you.

Attachments

• hairy coat funny make-up.jpg
    hairy coat funny make-up.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 60
"Aluminum Christmas trees were first manufactured in 1958, remained popular into the 1960s, and were manufactured into the 1970s"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminum_Christmas_tree

Not the tree I was referring to, but the tinsel:

By the 50s the aluminized paper used to make it became a fire hazard when coupled with copious lights, decorations and dry Christmas trees. Today, it's mostly made from PVC-that's Polyvinyl Chloride. PVC is a controversial vinyl used in many products. It's difficult to recycle and there have been questions about its toxicity because it must be mixed with toxic additives to be of any use.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1091139/the_history_of_christmas_tinsel_and.html?cat=30

So, since I remember the old "aluminum tinsel" that would have been in the early 60's. I'm still trying to find out when the PVC stuff was first manufactured. (Gosh I hate that stuff!!!)

The other thing about this picture that strikes me as odd is all the different wraps and bows on all the presents. Not red and green, nothing matching..... like they all came from somewhere else, weird is all I can say.

Not the tree I was referring to, but the tinsel:

By the 50s the aluminized paper used to make it became a fire hazard when coupled with copious lights, decorations and dry Christmas trees. Today, it's mostly made from PVC-that's Polyvinyl Chloride. PVC is a controversial vinyl used in many products. It's difficult to recycle and there have been questions about its toxicity because it must be mixed with toxic additives to be of any use.
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1091139/the_history_of_christmas_tinsel_and.html?cat=30

So, since I remember the old "aluminum tinsel" that would have been in the early 60's. I'm still trying to find out when the PVC stuff was first manufactured. (Gosh I hate that stuff!!!)

The other thing about this picture that strikes me as odd is all the different wraps and bows on all the presents. Not red and green, nothing matching..... like they all came from somewhere else, weird is all I can say.

There are a bunch of egg decorations too. I passed that off as a Faberge' (sp?) knock off thing though.

The funny make-up girl? The one with the blue coat that appears to have dog hair or hair from that rug of his all over the neckline. I'll find it and post it for you.

Glad you sent me there and I magnified that one, does anyone else think her left front tooth looks like a crown? Definitely does to me. (would that be #8 on a dental chart, help please?)

Glad you sent me there and I magnified that one, does anyone else think her left front tooth looks like a crown? Definitely does to me. (would that be #8 on a dental chart, help please?)
I'm sorry, I really can't tell. I want to say to her "Put your hands down so I can see you teeth please". Not kidding really, I find myself trying to look around the corner etc...lol.

I gotta go now, but I hope that the Dr. Phil show exposure has the Huntington Beach PD (and others) phones ringing off the hook tonight. I missed the very beginning, did they take the time to show all the pictures individually?

Originally Posted by Billylee

The top left front would be #9. The teeth are numbered starting at top going right to left, and continue at the bottom left to right. The top front teeth are 8 and 9 (right and left, respectively).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cases