Police asks help identifying the people in photos taken by murderer

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ttp://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/manhattan/item_iiax664E9GkiFVNkzBcEkP/0

Snipped from the above article posted by tut med:

A year later, her bones were found on the grounds of the Rockefeller estate in North Tarrytown, Westchester County - near where Alcala had photographed other women, according to police.

Detectives said they aren't sure how many people Alcala might have killed while in New York between 1968 and 1971 and again in 1977.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/manhattan/item_iiax664E9GkiFVNkzBcEkP/0#ixzz0iY
Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/regional/manhattan/item_iiax664E9GkiFVNkzBcEkP/0#ixzz0iYSBtSZD

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/00532.jpg

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01581.jpg

I have been viewing the above pictures thinking they were both young boys. Now I'm wondering if they are both young girls, hence, them not showing any further down the picture to cover breasts. Since the one nude male figure they did show the chest. What are you guys thinking?

Yes, great point. Especially the second photo-this person appears to have a little eye make-up on.

Yes, great point. Especially the second photo-this person appears to have a little eye make-up on.
I always thought the first one was a girl, but the one with the makeup still looks like a boy to me. Not just the face structure but the heavy muscles connecting the neck and shoulders (cant remember what those are called) that are usually more pronounced in males. Also, even the arms look like that young boy buff to me.
Make up might be because of sexual orientation.

I always thought the first one was a girl, but the one with the makeup still looks like a boy to me. Not just the face structure but the heavy muscles connecting the neck and shoulders (cant remember what those are called) that are usually more pronounced in males. Also, even the arms look like that young boy buff to me.
Make up might be because of sexual orientation.

Is that makeup, or black eyes?

The blond, looks like that is make-up.

I have seriously wondered about the sex of the blond. I tend to think the blond is male.
The brunette I think is a guy but IDK, I have strong features too.
My hubby drove right by me pushing my dirt bike down the road after I put it in a canal and managed to drag it out, because my hair was short, lol.

All just my own opinion.

Some of you have done some amazing things by enlarging photos. Could someone blow this picture up and see if the ring the woman is wearing is a high school class ring? Is there anything readable? TIA

http://cnnnancygrace.files.wordpress.com/2010/03/01881.jpg

ring.jpg

This is the largest size I could get from an image capture. If you simply click on the nancy grace link, it should show up even bigger than this, since the image is scaled 23%. If you click again, it should come up 100%.
I can't make out any writing, but you're right, it looks like a class ring of some kind.

Lynn Ruth Connes?
Larger images:

lynnconnes.jpg
lynnruthconnes.jpg

Notice the gap in the front teeth. Could Alcala's photo be a reverse image? Would that match up the teeth better?

One face is round and the other oblong. Not a match to me, but you guys are a LOT better at this than I am!

I emailed about Rachel Trlica, too, and haven't heard back. I am assuming that means she's not a consideration, which makes sense seeing that Alcala was probably incarcerated when Rachel disappeared. It's frustrating, though. It would be nice to hear back one way or the other.

I don't think we should assume that Alcala is responsible for taking all of the photos found. He may have gotten some of them from other photographers who shared his predilections. That photo really does look like Rachel Trlica.

I don't think we should assume that Alcala is responsible for taking all of the photos found. He may have gotten some of them from other photographers who shared his predilections. That photo really does look like Rachel Trlica.

Could be the photos belong to someone else, but from what I understand they were all negatives. Why would he have negatives locked in a storage that belonged to someone else? (Unless maybe he and Bundy (or someone like him) were partners and sharing....EEEK I hope that's not possible!)

Could be the photos belong to someone else, but from what I understand they were all negatives. Why would he have negatives locked in a storage that belonged to someone else? (Unless maybe he and Bundy (or someone like him) were partners and sharing....EEEK I hope that's not possible!)

Oh, sorry -- I missed the part about the negatives. I was thinking that the photos were traded around like some people trade adult magazines or videos.

ring.jpg

This is the largest size I could get from an image capture. If you simply click on the nancy grace link, it should show up even bigger than this, since the image is scaled 23%. If you click again, it should come up 100%.
I can't make out any writing, but you're right, it looks like a class ring of some kind.

Here is a closer view. It looks like the letters "L" and either "C" or "G" (outlined in red on right)

2100625160045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

I would imagine anything is possible when you're dealing with individuals like this. I have a feeling there will be many more Alcala victims identified when this investigation is finally closed.

He may have destroyed the developed prints and kept the negatives after he felt the authorities closing in. Easier to conceal while on the move. There were some reports that he had over 1,000 photos in that locker.
There is speculation that he was planning to relocate, perhaps to Canada, to avoid his upcoming trial on kidnap and rape charges (the 15-yr old girl in Riverside in early '79). He moved his photographic equipment and motorcycle to the Seattle locker on July 11th, returned to L.A. (to retrieve more items?), and was arrested on the 24th.

It's interesting that his one phone call from jail (after his arrest for the Samsoe killing) was to his sister asking her to destroy the rental receipt for the locker. He really didn't want those photos found.

I'm thinking that the short haired blonde is the same person in picture 215 .Which looks female to me. I can't get the pictured posted but it's the one with a women leaning against a tree. She is wearing a multicolored shirt,multi blue colored bell bottoms and red platform sandles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay