Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CTV Kitchener @ 6 stated there are about 10 LE at the farm, 2 from TPS and the balance from the OPP and Waterloo Region

CHCH Hamilton @ 6 reported, with respect to social media, "over a million transfers of information" are being looked at. WOW

What does this mean? "transfers of information" emails,texts, messages? bank info? OK social media so maybe facebook and twitter posts?

CTV Kitchener @ 6 stated there are about 10 LE at the farm, 2 from TPS and the balance from the OPP and Waterloo Region

CHCH Hamilton @ 6 reported, with respect to social media, "over a million transfers of information" are being looked at. WOW

IMO they wouldn't have called in the special unit from OPP if they didn't have a good reason. Does anyone know if the search warrant would have had to specify that the OPP was going to be there and why? or could TPS just bring them in under their warrant?

Just telling it like it is. Hamilton consistently has less homicides per year than Toronto does. In 2010 there were 12 Homicides in Hamilton region and 17 in Toronto the same year.

Considering the size of Hamilton compared to Toronto WTH is going on with even 12 homicides??

I would venture to say Toronto police are now investigating as LB is from Toronto whereas TB was from the Hamilton area. The case was opened in the Toronto area so I think it makes sense now that they are taking over.

What does this mean? "transfers of information" emails,texts, messages? bank info? OK social media so maybe facebook and twitter posts?

From the interview with HPS Chief Glenn De Caire,,

http://www.chch.com/web-extra-glenn-de-caire-interview/

Starting at 6:46

"When we did the analytics on our social media we had as much as a million transfers of information from as far away as the Netherlands"

So whether this means info to HPS (keep in mind they are still quoting only "over 700 tips") or all the FB an Twitter and email they are dealing in the case...??? It is still one huge mass of info to be dealing with

This headline makes me crazy!! Can they not come up with something more appropriate? Toronto Police Search the farm of Dellen Millard for clues to another ongoing investigstion.

Fearing possible second case, Toronto Police Homicide Unit searches Tim Bosma suspect’s farm

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...micide-unit-searches-tim-bosma-suspects-farm/

One would think there would be a picture of Laura in that arcticle!!!

There is a picture of Laura in the article now.

IMO they wouldn't have called in the special unit from OPP if they didn't have a good reason. Does anyone know if the search warrant would have had to specify that the OPP was going to be there and why? or could TPS just bring them in under their warrant?

Probably the provincial police are the ones that own the ground penetrating radar unit, as I can't see a municipal police force finding room for one of those in their budget...OPP would automatically have jurisdiction because this is a cross-juristictional crime

Or, perhaps they brought in Det-Sgt Jim Smyth...OPP behavioural interviewer extraordinaire? (He'd be calling him Dell by now, possibly Bud, right?)

Aside: for those not familiar, Jim Smyth was the interrogator in the Col. Russell Williams case. If you haven't had a chance to watch the video of the interrogation, you should! Text book psychology. Better than any TV show. He also found little Tori Stafford's body by following a hunch AND interviewed the culprits in that case.

I'd be surprised if they hadn't.

Get it done before the rain? Okay. By the look of the clouds, they don't intend to be there long!

What a miserable day to be out combing fields for evidence. BIG thanks again to LE for doing a job that most of us wouldn't want to do, especially on a day like this...

This is my thoughts as well. I agree with this theory. I wonder if HPS came across something in their search for the case of Tim Bosma and because the other 2 cases (WM and LB) are not in their jurisdictions TPS had to get their own warrants which would cause the delay. Now they have their warrants so the search continues.

It is also IMO that TPS would NOT notify LB's family until it was confirmed she was found on the farm. There's no reason to do that to the family if it's not her.
thats pretty disrespectful of them if the search warrant was executed for evidence concerning their daughter they should at least update them instead of having them see it on the news.

IMO, it will eventually come out that there was something bigger behind the scenes like organized crime, theft ring or drug dealing. TB, LB and WM may have just been collateral damage. Who knows what is buried at that farm but it could be anything from stolen items, bodies or some other type of evidence. My guess is that MS or suspect #3 is singing.

I am new to this forum so this may be against the guidelines to mention in this thread but it is coming up on the anniversary of the murders of Dylan Ellis and Oliver Martin. Which still remain unsolved. They were from affluent Toronto families and went to private schools. I wonder if they ever crossed pathes with DM?

I am wondering if, instead of bodies or remains, they are looking for evidence like video recordings or cell phones hidden in the barn or buried underground.

Maybe it's not even related to LB or Millard's father. Maybe they're looking for remains of suspect #3. It sounds crazy, but keep in mind the Hamilton police chief said he was confident there was "no danger to the public" - how could he be confident of that without suspect #3 in custody?

Just thinking out loud...

You could be right. I would think that if this was the case, then it would indeed be included in the TB case. TPS said the search was part of their investigation into the TB case. If there was any indication that it was Suspect #3 though, the likelihood of either HPS or WPS taking lead would seem more appropriate. Since TPS is taking lead now... I'm guessing that the HPS investigation either uncovered some forensic infomation, or suspect #2 or suspect #3 is squealling like a pig on a farm.

Concurrent in Canada

Anyone in Canada found guilty of multiple murders taking place after December 2, 2011 can be sentenced to "consecutive" parole ineligibility periods for each murder, the court could do this by jury recommendation...

Maybe it's not even related to LB or Millard's father. Maybe they're looking for remains of suspect #3. It sounds crazy, but keep in mind the Hamilton police chief said he was confident there was "no danger to the public" - how could he be confident of that without suspect #3 in custody?

Just thinking out loud...

I don't think that's likely because LE had to take a weed whacker to the tall grass over the area they were searching before working the gpr. There was tall, established grass over the area, not 3 weeks worth of sprout on recently turned ground

They are looking for something that has been in the ground for a while

Anyone in Canada found guilty of multiple murders taking place after December 2, 2011 can be sentenced to "consecutive" parole ineligibility periods for each murder, the court could do this by jury recommendation...

Judge decides, not jury

I agree. If I recall correctly CBC news posted an article about finding other remains ( over the long weekend) It took LE till Tues to publicly deny it. Did they in fact find other remains but needed time to process and confirm before bringing in TPS. So many unanswered questions as of yet but every piece of info is certainly pointing to DM and friends IMO. I am convinced this was not for money either....the motive is more sinister I think.

I think the reason there is a discrepancy regarding the remains is because someone spoke without knowing the facts in an effort to be first to report. I am so disappointed in CBC, they were one of the last few actual news outlets that reported NEWS rather than News with a twist of opinion.
It could be as simple as "more" remains being changed into "other" when being relayed and blamo spreads like wildfire. Some may say semantics but I say it alters the facts. Like people referring to MS as SM, sure it's "just a typo" but it changes the facts to essentially a whole 'nother person. And while I'm ranting, when sources speak to the media but wish to remain anonymous because they aren't supposed to be speaking to them - then keep your mouth shut or lose your job. If you aren't supposed to be speaking, then don't. Perhaps that could slow some of the mis-information down. Yes, I realize that some of it ends up being true, but it's the point of them not supposed to be speaking.

Thanks for listening to my :banghead:

Or, perhaps they brought in Det-Sgt Jim Smyth...OPP behavioural interviewer extraordinaire? (He'd be calling him Dell by now, possibly Bud, right?)

Aside: for those not familiar, Jim Smyth was the interrogator in the Col. Russell Williams case. If you haven't had a chance to watch the video of the interrogation, you should! Text book psychology. Better than any TV show. He also found little Tori Stafford's body by following a hunch AND interviewed the culprits in that case.

Det-Sgt Smyth found Tori based on information learned from the culprits interviews. He was driving by a location that seemed familiar based on the then suspects descriptions and investigated. It wasn't soley a hunch. That being said, the man is a genius and an incredible asset to police investigating.

Yes, he purchased the farm in May 2011 for himself and his fiancé. Has there ever been confirmation that he even really had a fiancé?

I wondered about this in a post 2 weeks ago. The article quoting the real estate agent who sold him the farm said that DM visited the property multiple times, sometimes with his father, and inked the deal at the airport with the real estate agent and his father. He did not mention ever meeting the supposed fiancée.

Additionally, he said that DM contacted him from his number on the "For Sale" sign, which in my opinion is a rookie move. Most property investors have their own buying agent who looks out for their interests to make sure they get the best deal, since the agent on the sign is full-disclosedly looking out for the seller's interests.

"Nicholson recalls that events moved quickly in the spring of 2011. A few months earlier, Dellen Millard had called Nicholson from 2548 Roseville Rd., dialing the number on the For Sale sign and introducing himself.

Millard explained his interest in the farm, a 46-hectare property with an old barn, but no residence. Nicholson met him to walk the property. Millard eventually explained that he planned to build a house there for himself and his fiancée. “He was discussing, ‘where do you think is a good spot?’ ”

They met several times at the farm, joined sometimes by Dellen’s father Wayne Millard, president of family business Millardair. The father has since passed away."

Rest of article here: http://metronews.ca/news/kitchener/674559/dellen-millards-hangar-from-jetliners-to-police-tape/

:welcome6: Great 1st post! I know the lake is bigger than many countries but I live by the lake too! We're neighbors!!

Thanks. This crime gripped me from the very beginning and since coming across this site, I've really enjoyed reading about the interesting ideas and theories coming from this great group of cyber-sleuthers. This is a fast-paced thread and keeping up is a challenge... but very enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LVTRUCRIME