Police return to North Dumfries farm -- 28 May 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wondered about this in a post 2 weeks ago. The article quoting the real estate agent who sold him the farm said that DM visited the property multiple times, sometimes with his father, and inked the deal at the airport with the real estate agent and his father. He did not mention ever meeting the supposed fiancée.

Additionally, he said that DM contacted him from his number on the "For Sale" sign, which in my opinion is a rookie move. Most property investors have their own buying agent who looks out for their interests to make sure they get the best deal, since the agent on the sign is full-disclosedly looking out for the seller's interests.

Yes, buying through the selling agent is a rookie move. That's really odd.

I don't think that's likely because LE had to take a weed whacker to the tall grass over the area they were searching before working the gpr. There was tall, established grass over the area, not 3 weeks worth of sprout on recently turned ground

They are looking for something that has been in the ground for a while

I think this is also supported by the fact that they've called off the search for tonight and tomorrow because of the thunderstorms and rain forecast. If they are looking for fresh evidence, they wouldn't want to lose any time. But if it is months' old or a year old, it won't be harmed by the elements any more than it has already been.

Yes, buying through the selling agent is a rookie move. That's really odd.

I don't think it's that odd. Didn't they pay significantly less than asking price... by about 50K or more? Maybe that was part of the deal, to use one agent for the transaction. I know the Millards had money but saving that much would be appealing to anyone, I would think.

I don't think it's that odd. Didn't they pay significantly less than asking price... by about 50K or more? Maybe that was part of the deal, to use one agent for the transaction. I know the Millards had money but saving that much would be appealing to anyone, I would think.

He paid $64,000 less than asking price. And the former owner is quoted as saying: “He drove a hard bargain,” said Vera Snider, who had owned the farm for 45 years with her husband, John. “Afterwards we felt a little cheated.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...micide-unit-searches-tim-bosma-suspects-farm/

I don't disagree that he got a good deal, but I still don't think a guy with millions of dollars in real estate holdings would typically negotiate his own deal and represent himself.

He paid $64,000 less than asking price. And the former owner is quoted as saying: “He drove a hard bargain,” said Vera Snider, who had owned the farm for 45 years with her husband, John. “Afterwards we felt a little cheated.”

http://news.nationalpost.com/2013/0...micide-unit-searches-tim-bosma-suspects-farm/

I don't disagree that he got a good deal, but I still don't think a guy with millions of dollars in real estate holdings would typically negotiate his own deal and represent himself.

Maybe because of all those real estate dealings the Millards were comfortable with reading the "fine print" on their own. Just a though, and JMO.

After reading this article :

http://www.sunnewsnetwork.ca/sunnews/straighttalk/archives/2013/05/20130524-085924.html

The paragraph where it describes MS`s demeanor (twitching as if needing a fix) and this is IMO ,it grabbed me and made me think if anyone opens up and starts talking it will be MS first. If he truly needs a fix he may do anything to get it if offered. Even open his mouth.

I would never trust the Sun for any honest reporting. http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/emotbanghead.gif Like it's UK tabloid cousins sensationalism, non-objective reporting, with wild speculation is how they suck in their readers...when a report writes a story peppered with low-level street verbage, they sure isn't a thin'kn guys paper. Makes me think they is a just reporting on their own opinions just a hoping it'll stir yee up.http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/ffj/seeya.gif

Can I respectfully ask you to expand on why you believe this?

Respectfully of course! This is just a hunch. For some reason I don't feel he is capable of murder ..... Unless he was a coke head. I am proud to say I have never touched coke but crazy things happen to simple people when they are on coke binges. If he did kill him I think he was on an insane coke binge. As far as LM it has been noted many times that she called him looking for coke.. And he took a long time to let anyone know that. Potentially he could have given her some "killer" coke and she took too much and overdosed.. Hence why he may have freaked out on it himself and didn't know what to do. As I said before I have never done it... I was originally raised in sarnia and shockingly found out about an old friend who had everything going for him... Met his girlfriend in a park in broad daylight and stabbed her over 30 times.. On a coke binge (which none of us knew he even used) drugs like that can kick certain type of personalities *advertiser censored*! Not justifying anyone murdering someone. But when it comes down to it I believe drugs had a huge part in both these cases. Hope I answered ur question!

The Ayr property has a lot of income potential:

Fields: rent to farmers, sell topsoil as clean fill, if there is gravel underneath (common in this area due to glacial action) that is salable as well
Hardwood forest: operate as a woodlot, profit from the sale of wood and get a tax writeoff too, there are maple trees to run a sugar bush
Barn: companies will upcycle and pay for everything from the barnboard to the straw/manure to the fieldstone, and cover removal as well

Perhaps DM stepped in and scooped it as soon as the sign went up...this is how my family members have found their rural properties, driving around the sideroads looking for new for sale signs. It's actually a smart way to get a leap on properties

Respectfully of course! This is just a hunch. For some reason I don't feel he is capable of murder ..... Unless he was a coke head. I am proud to say I have never touched coke but crazy things happen to simple people when they are on coke binges. If he did kill him I think he was on an insane coke binge. As far as LM it has been noted many times that she called him looking for coke.. And he took a long time to let anyone know that. Potentially he could have given her some "killer" coke and she took too much and overdosed.. Hence why he may have freaked out on it himself and didn't know what to do. As I said before I have never done it... I was originally raised in sarnia and shockingly found out about an old friend who had everything going for him... Met his girlfriend in a park in broad daylight and stabbed her over 30 times.. On a coke binge (which none of us knew he even used) drugs like that can kick certain type of personalities *advertiser censored*! Not justifying anyone murdering someone. But when it comes down to it I believe drugs had a huge part in both these cases. Hope I answered ur question!

Drugs are frequently a factor, but as a general rule, there is some underlying psychosis that the drugs either amplify or take away the inhibitions. Drugs simply allow the inner demons out. The drugs themselves aren't generally the demon...Just my own experience with life speaking.

Fields: rent to farmers, sell topsoil as clean fill, if there is gravel underneath (common in this area due to glacial action) that is salable as well
Hardwood forest: operate as a woodlot, profit from the sale of wood and get a tax writeoff too, there are maple trees to run a sugar bush
Barn: companies will upcycle and pay for everything from the barnboard to the straw/manure to the fieldstone, and cover removal as well

Perhaps DM stepped in and scooped it as soon as the sign went up...this is how my family members have found their rural properties, driving around the sideroads looking for new for sale signs. It's actually a smart way to get a leap on properties

Your assumptions are good. Lots of quarries around there...and if I hadn't been looking at the property across the road as a potential investment in 2008, I'd never be able to tell you that, the bush is part of the Cedar Creek headwaters and is designated a provincially significant wetland. It's a conservationists dream, not so good for exploitation.

Drugs are frequently a factor, but as a general rule, there is some underlying psychosis that the drugs either amplify or take away the inhibitions. Drugs simply allow the inner demons out. The drugs themselves aren't generally the demon...Just my own experience with life speaking.

Completely agree that's why I mentioned "certain personalities" on a coke binge.

That all sounds great but DM was only 25, I think. And he said he wanted to build a home for himself and his fiancee. Also, he was travelling all over after purchasing this property.

The psychological symptoms you experience with coke addiction are indistinguishable from those of schizophrenia, and a trained professional cannot tell the difference between the two without knowing of the existence of the coke addiction. No one is psychologically strong enough to withstand the effects of the drug on the brain over time. The drug also weakens the heart and makes users prone to heart attacks.

In the sketchy neighbourhood down the way, there are quite a number of people who have been using marijuana for years who are now collecting disability due to "bipolar disorder". Likewise there are oxy, coke, etc. addicts that collect disability on the basis of their mental health issues that arise out of using the drug.

Alcohol, marijuana, and harder drugs are controlled because they cause mental health problems. If there were no implications other than a good time from using these drugs, you would be able to buy them at the corner store.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198075474541

can you show me where you determine the last update on that profile was ??

In another thread, someone was able to access the photo info and there was a "taken" date early in November 2012. I don't think that is watertight though. Anyone can change the date on their camera or their computer to imprint whatever date they want. Although back then it might have been extremely prescient for DM to have done so.

Judge decides, not jury

Of course the judge decides...the jury deals with the crime and the judge decides using the laws but the jury can make recommendations (not on length of sentence) for example i.e. parole eligibility...and the judge considers any recommendations but yes the judge ultimately decides the sentencing etc....that is what I was trying to say.

In another thread, someone was able to access the photo info and there was a "taken" date early in November 2012. I don't think that is watertight though. Anyone can change the date on their camera or their computer to imprint whatever date they want. Although back then it might have been extremely prescient for DM to have done so.

He looks much younger in that profile pic my guess would be 18-21 at most
the acct was created nov 10 2012 I still cant find anything to establish the pic was taken apon acct creation or even in 2012.....Id love to see the thread that says the actual date of that Picture ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster23