Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is indeed another Deborah Bradley in the system. She has a few items in her history, but she is much older than DB.

I know several men and women who own guns and rifles.
They always have ammo.

I'm one of those gun owners. (you probably don't know me though!) ;) I have ammo for all my guns right now. We use our guns regularly, however. We are target shooters, and are at the range quite a bit.

I can understand hunters, who might shoot once or twice a year, not keeping ammo on hand though.

I'm one of those gun owners. (you probably don't know me though!) ;) I have ammo for all my guns right now. We use our guns regularly, however. We are target shooters, and are at the range quite a bit.

I can understand hunters, who might shoot once or twice a year, not keeping ammo on hand though.

I have guns too. Shotgun, rifles and handguns. My shotgun is in my closet, leaning against the wall, unloaded but with the shells on the shelf right above. All the rest of the weapons are locked or locked away - and the ammo is stored away.

I find it hard to imagine that DB/JI kept the guns out and against the wall all the time. I understand that everyone says that DB is a good housekeeper, so I kind of lean towards LE pulling the guns out, checking them, and then leaving them against the wall, and I put most of the mess we saw in the same category.

I have seen a house after a search was conducted (an old friend had a roommate who was accused of a crime and LE tore through everything but my friend's personal bedroom). It looked like a hurricane went through. My friend's room though was kept pretty clean, since they didn't have a warrant. He gave them permission to search his room and the search was not nearly as intrusive than the areas where they had the warrant. They pulled all the food out of the kitchen cabinets, they left huge piles of clothes in the middle of the floor. It was a mess, but they left it just like that. LE was actually apologetic afterwards, because my friend was not involved at all but it was his house. I was kind of surprised when Cyndy Short took the media through the house after the warrant search, because it was actually not THAT messy, from what I saw.

Anyway, I am sure that the police reports from the first day would have noted if the guns were leaning against the bedroom wall, and if they were loaded. So until someone starts talking, we have no way to know.

As far as I know, the case files are for a different person with DB's name. My guess is that if they locked up the files, it was to protect HER privacy, because chances are that this poor woman's file has been getting hundreds (if not thousands) of hits just by the bad luck of having the same name, and that is just wrong.

I can't prove it, but there have been a lot posts saying that (Lisa's mother) DB had no criminal records. So, JMO ;)

Can I get a cup of that coffee? Never mind, I am going back to bed as soon as I get my hubby out the door, LOL.
The worst thing she had on her was driving without insurance. That's it as far as I can remember. There is another person with the same name with a possession charge and people all over were not checking the birthdate and saying that this DB has drug charges. IMO this is why it has gone denied.

I have guns too. Shotgun, rifles and handguns. My shotgun is in my closet, leaning against the wall, unloaded but with the shells on the shelf right above. All the rest of the weapons are locked or locked away - and the ammo is stored away.

I find it hard to imagine that DB/JI kept the guns out and against the wall all the time. I understand that everyone says that DB is a good housekeeper, so I kind of lean towards LE pulling the guns out, checking them, and then leaving them against the wall, and I put most of the mess we saw in the same category.

I have seen a house after a search was conducted (an old friend had a roommate who was accused of a crime and LE tore through everything but my friend's personal bedroom). It looked like a hurricane went through. My friend's room though was kept pretty clean, since they didn't have a warrant. He gave them permission to search his room and the search was not nearly as intrusive than the areas where they had the warrant. They pulled all the food out of the kitchen cabinets, they left huge piles of clothes in the middle of the floor. It was a mess, but they left it just like that. LE was actually apologetic afterwards, because my friend was not involved at all but it was his house. I was kind of surprised when Cyndy Short took the media through the house after the warrant search, because it was actually not THAT messy, from what I saw.

Anyway, I am sure that the police reports from the first day would have noted if the guns were leaning against the bedroom wall, and if they were loaded. So until someone starts talking, we have no way to know.

I'm not really sure how one makes a conclusion that the guns were always kept out in the open when there is no pictures/evidence of such a fact before the searches. Nobody who actually knows these people has said anything about them being horrible parents and I would think leaving guns out in the open for the kids to access would be a pretty big negative.

I would hope if LE went in and they had loaded guns where the children could access them that CPS would have been called. I am a gun owner and I cringe at the thought of anyone that irresponsible having guns.

I would hope if LE went in and they had loaded guns where the children could access them that CPS would have been called. I am a gun owner and I cringe at the thought of anyone that irresponsible having guns.

To me, the gun debate is a point for those that argue that CPS should take the kids away. It has nothing to do with the disappearance of BL. I think we can all agree that whatever fate happened to her that night, getting shot by one of those rifles is extremely low on the list of possibilities.

OMG! Sorry to hear how about your brother and those creeps. He is an a very dangerous job. People have no idea what it is like to deal daily with the druds of society. I am personally very glad and appreciate the job LE does.

I wish people could walk down one tier of a high security prison, then tell me they don't want the 's to be put to death.

You may not believe it, but I am a LE fan too. They have their weaknesses for sure, but for the most part, they are dedicated people who care about society and individual victims. I am a huge supporter of stronger sentences for people who injure or kill a LEO.

That said, LE is designed for, and streamlined towards dealing with GUILTY people. Most cases are not rocket science, and the way LE handles them in interrogations, polygraphs, and even lies or misleading, is perfectly fine, if the subject is GUILTY. But I know this - I would NOT let LE have their way with me if I were innocent. It would not happen.

I don't understand why DB can't be arrested for child endangerment. I.E. being admittedly blacked out drunk when something happens to a child.

Then they could question DB ALL they want.

Snipped and BBM :

I agree ...

But since DB and JI very "conveniently" and early on when Lisa was missing, "lawyered up" ... IMO, LE is going to "pick their battles" with DB ...

In My Opinion ... "lawyering up" when your baby "missing" is basically giving Law Enforcement the "middle finger salute" ...

MOO MOO and MOO ...

You may not believe it, but I am a LE fan too. They have their weaknesses for sure, but for the most part, they are dedicated people who care about society and individual victims. I am a huge supporter of stronger sentences for people who injure or kill a LEO.

That said, LE is designed for, and streamlined towards dealing with GUILTY people. Most cases are not rocket science, and the way LE handles them in interrogations, polygraphs, and even lies or misleading, is perfectly fine, if the subject is GUILTY. But I know this - I would NOT let LE have their way with me if I were innocent. It would not happen.

BBM.
I don't think the guilty people agree with you.

If my child is missing and I'm innocent, it's in my best interests to cooperate. IMO.

BBM.

If my child is missing and I'm innocent, it's in my best interests to cooperate. IMO.

I have a difficult time any more mustering sympathy for Deborah and Jeremy when they're not willing to cooperate with LE. I'm convinced more and more that they already know Lisa's disposition and that she is not coming back. The baby's parents have never seemed to want Lisa to be located. No body, no case... and that's probably exactly what DB and JI are counting on to keep them out of LE's reach. These selfish parents have moved on with their lives. Lisa who? jmo

Maybe JI is not furious because he knows that DB is the good mother that all of the people who know her seem to think that she is. Maybe he believes her because he knows in his heart that she could not/would not have harmed the baby. Maybe he realizes that life is full of coincidences and that when you attempt to reconstruct incidents after the fact, a lot of things that would mean nothing on a normal night, can be twisted to seem sinister.

That's not to say that he would necessarily be right, but it would explain why he supports her. Actually, I think it's very interesting that no one in his or her family, except that one uncle or whatever, even hints that they don't believe her. That's rare, in my opinion. Usually in a case like this, with this much negative public opinion against a parent, there would be people from the other parent's side starting to show some doubt. If the people closest to them are not wavering, that would seem like maybe Deb has some rather positive mothering skills, and is not just the box-wine-drinking, leave-the-baby-in-the-crib, neglectful, irresponsible mother that some people interpret her to be.

JMO

It doesn't matter how great a father my husband normally is. If I come home from work late at night and find out that he's plastered, claims to have no idea what happened to our baby and when he last saw the baby that he was supposed to be taking care of, then he won't talk to the police and clear things up - I'm gonna kick his butt.

BBM.

If they are guilty, I don't care! Seriously, if they are guilty, I say stone them! I believe in HARSH punishments for people who hurt other people. I just want to make darned sure that they are GUILTY first.

As far as cooperation, I would be cooperating 100%. But my lawyer would be at my side to stop it if it moved from questions designed to FIND my baby, to questions designed to make me confess. LE is well trained at this. Even knowing the techniques they use, I am not confident I would be able to tell when they shifted from one direction to the other.

It doesn't matter how great a father my husband normally is. If I come home from work late at night and find out that he's plastered, claims to have no idea what happened to our baby and when he last saw the baby that he was supposed to be taking care of, then he won't talk to the police and clear things up - I'm gonna kick his butt.

But will you stand by him afterwards? Trust is a powerful thing.

But will you stand by him afterwards? Trust is a powerful thing.

If he does something to earn my trust.

Like cooperate with the police.

I would consider the behavior I described as breaking my trust.

If they are guilty, I don't care! Seriously, if they are guilty, I say stone them! I believe in HARSH punishments for people who hurt other people. I just want to make darned sure that they are GUILTY first.

As far as cooperation, I would be cooperating 100%. But my lawyer would be at my side to stop it if it moved from questions designed to FIND my baby, to questions designed to make me confess. LE is well trained at this. Even knowing the techniques they use, I am not confident I would be able to tell when they shifted from one direction to the other.

You were talking about investigation methods, not punishments.

the way LE handles them in interrogations, polygraphs, and even lies or misleading, is perfectly fine, if the subject is GUILTY

The thing is, they have to investigate before they can make darned sure that someone is guilty. They are not psychic and can't tell the result of the investigation before they've actually investigated.

So how are they to know if interrogations, polygraphs and even lies or misleading are fine if we suppose it's only fine with guilty people?

If he does something to earn my trust.

Like cooperate with the police.

I would consider the behavior I described as breaking my trust.

Breaking your trust and believing your husband is responsible for doing something to your child are two different things. Anyone is capable of anything, no matter how long you know them, but it's not easy to just turn your back and not support them, especially if you have no reason to believe your spouse is lying to you (past history, knowing them as a person, etc).

You mention earn your trust, which must mean you automatically default to not trusting him as soon as you confront him. Many people don't work like that.

Breaking your trust and believing your husband is responsible for doing something to your child are two different things. Anyone is capable of anything, no matter how long you know them, but it's not easy to just turn your back and not support them, especially if you have no reason to believe your spouse is lying to you (past history, knowing them as a person, etc).

If he wasn't cooperating with the police in the investigation to find our baby I would have a really hard time not thinking that he's lying.

You mention earn your trust, which must mean you automatically default to not trusting him as soon as you confront him. Many people don't work like that.

I trust him. I trust him to take care of our children. I trust him to be worthy of my trust and not get so drunk that he might have blacked out when he's responsible for them. I trust him to cooperate with the police if something happens to them. I trust him to tell the truth and not be evasive about it.

If he does not he's earned my mistrust.

:cow:

I do not think I'm unreasonable not automatically trusting someone who has shown clear signs of being untrustworthy.

If he wasn't cooperating with the police in the investigation to find our baby I would have a really hard time not thinking that he's lying.

This is where we get back to the word 'cooperation'. The not fully cooperating is LE's word, not the parents. The not cooperating comes from not wanting to do a seperate interview. Perhaps JI has a different definition of the word.

They are not doing any interviews.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member