Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not doing any interviews.

That's also my understanding based on what Picerno said in the interview with MK (something to the effect that if LE has questions, they can pass them to him/Joe T., they'll ask the parents, then get back with LE). Way different than face-to-face questioning or discussions.

Anyway, my husband is a grown up person. He should have no reason why he would need me to be there to answer questions for him.

Anyway, my husband is a grown up person. He should have no reason why he would need me to be there to answer questions for him.
But you very well might feel differently if LE was telling him stuff about you that never happened and he was seriously questioning you about it later even though you knew it was a lie. He might not think it is a lie after LE tells him it is not.

But you very well might feel differently if LE was telling him stuff about you that never happened and he was seriously questioning you about it later even though you knew it was a lie. He might not think it is a lie after LE tells him it is not.

Well, that would be annoying for sure but he could be using accusations toward me just to distract me from kicking his butt.

It's just the bare minimum I expect imo. You do not get possibly blacked out if you're in charge of my children, and if you do, and they go missing, you do not avoid your responsibility, you cooperate with the police and do everything you can to help them find my baby.

Well, that would be annoying for sure but he could be using accusations toward me just to distract me from kicking his butt.

It's just the bare minimum I expect imo. You do not get possibly blacked out if you're in charge of my children, and if you do, and they go missing, you do not avoid your responsibility, you cooperate with the police and do everything you can to help them find my baby.

I respect your opinion, but it's impossible to debate this when you are comparing what you would do (if you were 'JI' in this instance). Everyone would act differently and I don't fault Jeremy Irwin for standing by the mother of his daughter if he truly believes (with his gut and anything else) that she is telling the truth. How many conversations do you think they had where he had her look him in the eye and swear that she did nothing to BL?

I respect your opinion, but it's impossible to debate this when you are comparing what you would do (if you were 'JI' in this instance). Everyone would act differently and I don't fault Jeremy Irwin for standing by the mother of his daughter if he truly believes (with his gut and anything else) that she is telling the truth. How many conversations do you think they had where he had her look him in the eye and swear that she did nothing to BL?

But she does not remember if she did anything bad or not. She does not even remember that last time she saw the baby, or whether she locked the front door or not. So how can she tell him she did not do anything?

This is where we get back to the word 'cooperation'. The not fully cooperating is LE's word, not the parents. The not cooperating comes from not wanting to do a seperate interview. Perhaps JI has a different definition of the word.

Of course they want to speak with them alone...he supposedly wasn't even there during the time the child allegedly went missing. Why would they want him in the room while they are questioning her about events only she is privy to?

It is easy to swear, hard to cooperate with the police. Apparently.

You're right, I am only talking about what I would do. Clearly his thought processes are quite different and I have no clue about them.

I don't understand why he's not cooperating.

If I had an alibi being at work, what reason would I have not to cooperate and not to agree to be interviewed? They could hardly incriminate me if I am on videotape working on wires all night long.

Have the parents ceased cooperating? Trying to catch up here...the last time I immersed myself they had cooperated, but declined separate interviews unrepresented by counsel.

Have the parents ceased cooperating? Trying to catch up here...the last time I immersed myself they had cooperated, but declined separate interviews unrepresented by counsel.

The attorneys have said that there won't be any interviews, that the parents have answered every question already but that LE can call the attorneys and the attorneys can give them the answers.

I suppose it's a matter of definition if you call that cooperating or not.

I do not but I expect that they do.

Good question. WE don't know. They may very well be totally cooperating now or not. Nobody has stated anything on this publicly for weeks either way other than LE simply stating that NOBODY has been cleared. They mentioned nothing, to my knowledge, in the last statement about cooperation at all.

I think we would have seen Tacopina on a morning show saying so if they were totally cooperating now.

But she does not remember if she did anything bad or not. She does not even remember that last time she saw the baby, or whether she locked the front door or not. So how can she tell him she did not do anything?

Because IMO I think you have to be in some Ambien induced sleep walk to do something to BL and cover it up and then not remember it.

It is easy to swear, hard to cooperate with the police. Apparently.

You're right, I am only talking about what I would do. Clearly his thought processes are quite different and I have no clue about them.

I don't understand why he's not cooperating.

If I had an alibi being at work, what reason would I have not to cooperate and not to agree to be interviewed? They could hardly incriminate me if I am on videotape working on wires all night long.

He thinks he's already gone through that probably, however many hours they were questioned in the beginning, separetely and without lawyers I might add.

Because IMO I think you have to be in some Ambien induced sleep walk to do something to BL and cover it up and then not remember it.

But you don't have to be in any kind of altered state to do or discover something, cover it up, and then claim not to remember anything due to a "possible" blackout.

I am still on the fence, but I don't rule out the mother, nor any of the other characters swirling around the case. There are some indicators to me that, for whatever reason (innocent or not), mom is not being entirely truthful. JMO.

But you don't have to be in any kind of altered state to do or discover something, cover it up, and then claim not to remember anything due to a "possible" blackout.

I am still on the fence, but I don't rule out the mother, nor any of the other characters swirling around the case. There are some indicators to me that, for whatever reason (innocent or not), mom is not being entirely truthful. JMO.
I agree. And then we also have the media not being totally truthful in their reporting to add to the mess. I am not even sure that we have ANY solid facts other than Lisa is still missing. Sad.

I agree. And then we also have the media not being totally truthful in their reporting to add to the mess. I am not even sure that we have ANY solid facts other than Lisa is still missing. Sad.

Sad but true. I can't get over that no one in the family or their team is organizing searches now that leads (and thus LE's searches) have slowed to practically nil.

Wasn't the sole stated purpose of that "benefactress" to help find the baby? What's being done toward that goal? If she is truly wealthy and truly cares only about finding Lisa, surely she could hire a professional search team; pay expenses for LE to search where they ordinarily might not (maybe some side-scan sonar water searches); or the family could request a volunteer organization like TES to help.

Instead, we've got complete silence and inertia, it seems. I suppose they could be doing something behind the scenes, but seems like word of that would've leaked by now. The family doesn't want to talk to LE, but couldn't some of them do some media or some press releases simply to keep Lisa's name front and center?

I am truly perplexed. I just want this baby found, no matter who did what. That can all be sorted later.

Sad but true. I can't get over that no one in the family or their team is organizing searches now that leads (and thus LE's searches) have slowed to practically nil.
SBM
What? The family and friends are doing searches. What was this past Saturday? What was the NE 52nd and Randolph? Where else around here is there to search that hasn't already been searched? Most places multiple times already. Searches take coordination of people and hopefully LE and permission of the property owners. A lot of people dont want strangers wandering all over their property due to liability and/or personal issues. I don't want just anybody coming through my property, I know. No way. LE going through was just fine. Everybody else can stay off. LE has searched and searched all over around here. Where else to go that people and businesses are going to allow?

This is where we get back to the word 'cooperation'. The not fully cooperating is LE's word, not the parents. The not cooperating comes from not wanting to do a seperate interview. Perhaps JI has a different definition of the word.

Looks to me like the parents' defintion of cooperation is having questions presented to them through their attorneys. That way, they can get their answers straight, weighing out carefully, at their leisure, anything that might arise to refute their statements, and have a heads up on what direction LE is going, all without leaving the comfort of their home or facing the people who are working 24/7 to find their missing baby. All MOO

SBM
What? The family and friends are doing searches. What was this past Saturday? What was the NE 52nd and Randolph? Where else around here is there to search that hasn't already been searched? Most places multiple times already. Searches take coordination of people and hopefully LE and permission of the property owners. A lot of people dont want strangers wandering all over their property due to liability and/or personal issues. I don't want just anybody coming through my property, I know. No way. LE going through was just fine. Everybody else can stay off. LE has searched and searched all over around here. Where else to go that people and businesses are going to allow?

Obviously, permission to search private property would have to be obtained prior to searching there. Regarding the BBM, are you saying there is nowhere in the city that has not been searched? I don't mean just within a mile or two of the family's home. If someone other than the mother is responsible, I think any "dumping" would have been farther away than that.

I'm talking woods, bodies of water, etc., that haven't been previously (or thoroughly) searched. Some people/businesses might not agree to searches on their properties, but some may. Sure can't hurt to try, IMO. I'm also thinking professional SAR or HRD teams. What I'm struck by and what I was referring to in my previous post is the seeming complacency of the parents in keeping Lisa front and center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barbie182