Police say parents are not answering vital questions #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand what is so funny or confusing. I said it. There were no quotes around it.

And no - the family probably didn't bring in the FBI. Usually LE calls the FBI. But the family has been cooperating with the FBI according to the undisputed reports from the lawyers.

Oh! Sorry....thought there was a media report or something with DB or JI claiming they were lured to the police station.....this is something you think happened? Or can imagine it happening?

.... Even if she's almost NEARLY sure she remembers checking on her, best to widen up the time frame to allow for the chance she's remembering wrong.
R
eply With Quote

....also allows for more perps to have taken Lisa....helps her story.

I have the right to speak freely to express my opinions, feelings, requests (very 1st amendment to the US Constitution)...

I have the right to remain silent so as not to incriminate myself (5th amendment to the US Constitution)...

My beloved baby is missing and I am not involved. I'm not worried about incriminating myself, especially considering I have 2 high powered attorneys to protect myself and my spouse from abusive questioning. My beloved baby is missing. I'm embracing and exercising my right to speak freely like there's no tomorrow. My right to remain silent is the last thing on my mind; my baby is missing and I want everyone everywhere to know it and to keep their eyes peeled for her. I want every detective and every LEO of any kind out tracking down my baby. I'm talking to LE with my spouse and without him; I'm pestering the local and national media to keep my baby's picture and story at the forefront; I will never stop searching for the truth of what happened to my baby. If/When my baby is located (alive or dead), I will fight with all my power to make sure the person(s) responsible is brought to justice. I refuse to be silent while my baby's life and/or justice is so greatly impacted by my voice and my actions. I am my baby's fiercest advocate.

Yeah, I understand my Constitutional Rights. It's which one I choose to embrace that says a lot about my priorities and my true desire to have the truth known about what happened to my baby.

JMO, MOO, etc...

This study says nearly half involve alcohol and drugs.

Do you have a link that backs up your estimation it is a FACT that ALMOST EVERYONE of the perps had consumed alcohol prior to the incident?

TIA

http://www.happinessonline.org/LoveAndHelpChildren/p6.htm

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/costs/a/aa980415.htm

This link has some statistics regarding alcohol and crime, and this surprising stat:

Two-thirds of victims who suffered violence by an intimate (a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend) reported that alcohol had been a factor. Among spouse victims, 3 out of 4 incidents were reported to have involved an offender who had been drinking.

.... Even if she's almost NEARLY sure she remembers checking on her, best to widen up the time frame to allow for the chance she's remembering wrong.
R
eply With Quote

....also allows for more perps to have taken Lisa....helps her story.

It broadens the time frame for all other possibilities.

BUT. Imagine this. What is the purpose of her saying that, if in fact, she's guilty of harming Lisa? What would be the purpose of openly admitting she doesn't have a clear memory, and that child was in bed at 6:40? That certainly doesn't "help" her. She basically admits to poor parenting there, and she knows it, you can see it on her face when she says it. It's poor parenting to put a one year old down at 6:40 in the late afternoon and not see her again all evening. But she's admitting it freely.

If she harmed Lisa and she knows what happened, much better to say "of course I checked on her, I'm certain she was in her bed at 10:30 when I went to bed". That helps her story if she's in fact lying.

A couple of thoughts: wanting more information upon which to base an opinion as to what happened to Lisa != being a Deb supporter, or a fan of baby killing, or anything else other than wanting to have more information before coming to a conclusion.

I do not like the word 'supporter' being used in this context. I might 'support' an athletic team or a charity, but to me, a child disappearance is an entirely different matter and shouldn't be spoken of in the same terms. I do not 'support' DB, or excuse her for (according to her) possibly drinking to the point of blacking out while being responsible for three small children. I also do not support condemning people solely on the basis of what statistics say, or whether they do or do not appear to be doing what I myself might do or not do in a given circumstance. If statistics were right 100% of the time, we could just go ahead and lock up all parents of missing children for life without bothering with an investigation or trial.

I just want more information before I am comfortable declaring that DB killed her baby and tossed her body in the river and vilifying her on what is supposed to be a victim-friendly forum. If that makes me a bad person in the eyes of some, so be it.

Oh! Sorry....thought there was a media report or something with DB or JI claiming they were lured to the police station.....this is something you think happened? Or can imagine it happening?

It was a dramatic word used to quickly get the idea across. But I stand behind it regardless.

The story was that LE told the family there was a new lead or development and that they needed to come to the station. They came to the station and it turned out that there was no new lead or information, but instead LE separated the parents and then interrogated each of them. That would certainly fall within the scope of having been "lured" to the station.

I don't know what comparisons you're making here between the fact that if the streets and ground are all wet it's probably rain vs. the stats on how many cases of child abuse are associated with alcohol.

One is a statistic that can be easily found on the net. So, IMHO, when you state something as fact, as you did, that's pretty easy to verify statistically, then you probably should do it.

Because often you might learn that your perception has been skewed from reality.

I think Whisperer's point is that when the ground is wet, the most likely source is rain. Rain being the most likely culprit. The same goes for alcohol -> crime -> most likely perp. Just using analogy to determine the most likely culprit.

It was a dramatic word used to quickly get the idea across. But I stand behind it regardless.

The story was that LE told the family there was a new lead or development and that they needed to come to the station. They came to the station and it turned out that there was no new lead or information, but instead LE separated the parents and then interrogated each of them. That would certainly fall within the scope of having been "lured" to the station.

Where did the "story" come from?

Oh, I believe that.

But that's intimate partner abuse, not child abuse.

Sorry, I found it surprising. :dunno: But I linked it mainly because of the stats for violent crimes overall.

I have the right to speak freely to express my opinions, feelings, requests (very 1st amendment to the US Constitution)...

I have the right to remain silent so as not to incriminate myself (5th amendment to the US Constitution)...

My beloved baby is missing and I am not involved. I'm not worried about incriminating myself, especially considering I have 2 high powered attorneys to protect myself and my spouse from abusive questioning. My beloved baby is missing. I'm embracing and exercising my right to speak freely like there's no tomorrow. My right to remain silent is the last thing on my mind; my baby is missing and I want everyone everywhere to know it and to keep their eyes peeled for her. I want every detective and every LEO of any kind out tracking down my baby. I'm talking to LE with my spouse and without him; I'm pestering the local and national media to keep my baby's picture and story at the forefront; I will never stop searching for the truth of what happened to my baby. If/When my baby is located (alive or dead); I will fight with all my power to make sure the person(s) responsible is brought to justice. I refuse to be silent while my baby's life and/or justice is so greatly impacted by my voice and my actions. I am my baby's fiercest advocate.

Yeah, I understand my Constitutional Rights. It's which one I choose to embrace that says a lot about my priorities and my true desire to have the truth known about what happended to my baby.

JMO, MOO, etc...
I dreamed a little dream that DB and JI were both saying this, separately, to LE, with lawyer(s) present.

:sigh:

I'm sure of it. Are you suggesting DB's company/friends may have killed/abducted her baby?
I am just saying that she is by far not the only possibility. Especially if implying that alcohol caused it.

http://alcoholism.about.com/cs/costs/a/aa980415.htm

This link has some statistics regarding alcohol and crime, and this surprising stat:
Quote:
Two-thirds of victims who suffered violence by an intimate (a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend) reported that alcohol had been a factor. Among spouse victims, 3 out of 4 incidents were reported to have involved an offender who had been drinking.

That very part you quoted leaves a whopping over 30% that don't involve alcohol and/or significant other!

I am just saying that she is by far not the only possibility. Especially if implying that alcohol caused it.

Mm hmm. And to have been able to cover up this crime so well, so that by 4:00 a.m. there's no trace of what happened - while drunk - seems unlikely.

Quote:

That very part you quoted leaves a whopping over 30% that don't involve alcohol and/or significant other!

I know, but it's still a very high percentage. I was actually surprised that it was so high.

Quote:
Two-thirds of victims who suffered violence by an intimate (a current or former spouse, boyfriend, or girlfriend) reported that alcohol had been a factor. Among spouse victims, 3 out of 4 incidents were reported to have involved an offender who had been drinking. That very part you quoted leaves a whopping over 30% that don't involve alcohol and/or significant other!
You are talking husband/wife and I wasn't. I was talking children.

This conversation has been led astray. I was giving my opinion and my kge. regarding child crimes. Secondly there always the psychotic/serial killer/ sociopath who needs no stimulant to do anything. I am saying, in my observation, that alcohol was involved in almost every single case of child rape, murder, abduction. It is always open and I have learned not to expect all people to believe me. So be it.

It is a fact that most children who have been abused/killed meet harm from their own parents.

You are talking husband/wife and I wasn't. I was talking children.

This conversation has been led astray. I was giving my opinion and my kge. regarding child crimes. Secondly there always the psychotic/serial killer/ sociopath who needs no stimulant to do anything. I am saying, in my observation, that alcohol was involved in almost every single case of child rape, murder, abduction. It is always open and I have learned not to expect all people to believe me. So be it.

It is a fact that most children who have been abused/killed meet harm from their own parents.
I do agree that MOST are, but the fact is also that not all are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46