Police say parents are not answering vital questions #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
This is a serious question... If people honestly believe this to be true, then why are they here on this case? The case I referenced above is a black family, and painfully few people have posted there - even though the circumstances are equally intriguing as in this case.

The media is going to give attention to cases people are interested in, and they don't care about color. They only care about ratings. So if people only click on stories about Caylee, Haileigh, Madeline and Baby Lisa, the media is going to follow those stories.

If we want to draw attention to poor minority children, we have to be willing to read, discuss and demand information on their cases. JMO

I agree that the media cares about ratings, but with a lot of cases they don't even give the case the opportunity to gain followers. A lot of the things that make Lisa's case so interesting came out weeks after the case broke. If the media had given more coverage to Aliayah or Joshua's case, maybe we would be talking about how fascinating those cases are with all their twists and turns. I don't think either of those cases would get the amount of public interest Lisa's case has gotten, but I wonder if it could be like a Caylee-Haleigh situation where both cases have received national media attention but one case is clearly bigger.

I agree that the media cares about ratings, but with a lot of cases they don't even give the case the opportunity to gain followers. A lot of the things that make Lisa's case so interesting came out weeks after the case broke. If the media had given more coverage to Aliayah or Joshua's case, maybe we would be talking about how fascinating those cases are with all their twists and turns.

I guess that the media has enough experience to know that missing babies get more interest than missing teenagers (except Natalee - because her mom was beyond tenacious); that missing white people get more interest than missing minorities, and missing females get more interest than missing males. (I don't have stats to back that up - it's just personal observation).

If WE want to make a difference, we need to click on local sites about crimes, and bring the stories to places like WS, and then comment on them, and pay attention. My guess is that national media tracks the stats of local affiliates to decide which stories merit being brought to the bigger audience. If we don't go to those sites, and if they don't see us interested, it's not going to happen.

I am as guilty as anyone of having preferences. I watch cases about missing children (although any sex or race), and I prefer cases where the parents are not obviously guilty (or, at least there is wiggle room). It doesn't mean I don't CARE about other situations, but sadly - there are way too many, and not enough time.

I guess that the media has enough experience to know that missing babies get more interest than missing teenagers (except Natalee - because her mom was beyond tenacious); that missing white people get more interest than missing minorities, and missing females get more interest than missing males. (I don't have stats to back that up - it's just personal observation).

If WE want to make a difference, we need to click on local sites about crimes, and bring the stories to places like WS, and then comment on them, and pay attention. My guess is that national media tracks the stats of local affiliates to decide which stories merit being brought to the bigger audience. If we don't go to those sites, and if they don't see us interested, it's not going to happen.

I am as guilty as anyone of having preferences. I watch cases about missing children (although any sex or race), and I prefer cases where the parents are not obviously guilty (or, at least there is wiggle room). It doesn't mean I don't CARE about other situations, but sadly - there are way too many, and not enough time.

I don't think the national media gets their cases from local affiliates. I think they just throw as many cases as possible at the general public and see what sticks. There's probably over 100 metro areas in the US, and with each having about five news stations, well, that's a lot of websites to check. If you notice, many cases on WS have at least one instance of national coverage.

This thread is not about the media. It is about Lisa's parents NOT cooperating with LE.

This is the third reminder in the past couple of days to please get back on track. The thread has become more of a general discussion thread.

Let's get it back on track or we may close the thread until we get further updates from LE.

Salem

So you believe this to be a racial issue?

No, I believe it to be a gender issue. People seem to give the mother a break when it comes to killing their child.

This father has very similar behavior to DB. He appears to be very sad and wants his child back. He failed the same questions DB did. I don't see any sympathy garnered for him.

What "questions" are you referring to?
If you are talking about taking a poly, JI never took a poly.

:waitasec: I think your information is incorrect. JI never took a lie detector test. JI also has been confirmed to be at work that whole evening by LE, unless you believe JI came home and then both parents did something to BL in 15 minutes time before calling police.

I don't think she is referring to JI. Read post# 354, I believe she is referring to the father in that case.

It's been 2 months today since Baby Lisa's parents last agreed to answer formal questions by KCPD.

Nothing has changed since the opening post on thread 1 of this topic.

1. LE wants to speak with parents separately; they decline separate interviews.
2. LE has tough questions that only the parents can answer, including comings and goings from the house that night; they decline to answer those questions directly for KCPD at the station.
3. Since the parents' first refused to answer questions separately at the station, the lawyers have issued a statement that all questions from LE need to be directed to the lawyers themselves for response.

Stuck. Stalled. We know LE has questioned others in Lisa's case, many times. I still wish the parents would take their lawyers down to the station and agree to separate interviews so they can help LE possibly verify what LE has learned thus far in the investigation and answer questions that might help LE fill in gaps and clear up inconsistencies. I am fully aware of the parents' rights not to do so and I understand the 5th amendment clearly; I just wish the parents would choose to talk, with their lawyers' protection, so perhaps Lisa's investigation could move forward. If they believe can't help, no harm in trying and they might be more helpful than they can imagine.

JMO...

It's been 2 months today since Baby Lisa's parents last agreed to answer formal questions by KCPD.

2. LE has tough questions that only the parents can answer, including comings and goings from the house that night; they decline to answer those questions directly for KCPD at the station.
3. Since the parents' first refused to answer questions separately at the station, the lawyers have issued a statement that all questions from LE need to be directed to the lawyers themselves for response.

Stuck. Stalled. We know LE has questioned others in Lisa's case, many times. I still wish the parents would take their lawyers down to the station and agree to separate interviews so they can help LE possibly verify what LE has learned thus far in the investigation and answer questions that might help LE fill in gaps and clear up inconsistencies. I am fully aware of the parents' rights not to do so and I understand the 5th amendment clearly; I just wish the parents would choose to talk, with their lawyers' protection, so perhaps Lisa's investigation could move forward. If they believe can't help, no harm in trying and they might be more helpful than they can imagine.

JMO...

Ultimately that's what is sad, is that nothing has been moved forward. Not just the parents talking, but nothing substantial pertaining to the investigation has happened for a long time. I think the last substantial news was the Dane stuff (I don't count the vigils, since that has nothing to do with trying to find where BL is).

We don't even get daily MSM threads anymore.

BRANCH OUT TO APPROPRIATE THREADS PLEASE!

WE LOSE GOOD INFO WHEN YOU STRAY OFF TOPIC AND DERAIL A PARTICULAR THREAD AND THE INFO WOULD BENEFIT THE CORRECT THREAD.

And please don't bicker. It is so not necessary.

Thanks,

Salem

Lately IMO if someone acts like the Anthony, Powell, Drew Peterson or Ramsey families, the case is never really solved and the perps go walking free.
Lawyer up, don't co operate, do not talk and go on like nothing ever happened and it will all go away.
Should be a law against this kind of thing.

Lately IMO if someone acts like the Anthony, Powell, Drew Peterson or Ramsey families, the case is never really solved and the perps go walking free.
Lawyer up, don't co operate, do not talk and go on like nothing ever happened and it will all go away.
Should be a law against this kind of thing.

I am not trying to argue here really but I don't understand what people want to be done to the parents in this case or any case that involves things like this. The parents cooperated at first, their house was searched, they were interrogated or talked to by police the first couple days, now they refuse to answer more questions. Before their is enough evidence to prove they did something wrong what should be done to them or to anyone in that situation? I really do understand people thinking they should go do the separate interviews but I don't understand what punishment should be given to people who aren't suspects and who haven't been charged or convicted of a crime. What law would be fair in this situation? Throw them in jail until they say what you want them to say? Be interrogated until the police or the general public are satisfied? Go to jail until you can somehow be found innocent? I just don't understand what should be done to them.

JMO...

BBM The police don't know anything, the parents don't know anything. This case is 'stuck' because there is no new information.

Remember we saw LE climbing in and out of the window numerous times, we have seen numerous searches within walking distance of the Irwin's house and numerous people have been questioned, some of those people are in jail and some have gotten out of town. The parents and their family are still visible, they are still in KCMO. They haven't left and they aren't hiding.

This suggests that it isn't just that the parents 'won't' talk to LE but that there is too much unknown in this case.

BBM The police don't know anything, the parents don't know anything. This case is 'stuck' because there is no new information.

Remember we saw LE climbing in and out of the window numerous times, we have seen numerous searches within walking distance of the Irwin's house and numerous people have been questioned, some of those people are in jail and some have gotten out of town. The parents and their family are still visible, they are still in KCMO. They haven't left and they aren't hiding.

This suggests that it isn't just that the parents 'won't' talk to LE but that there is too much unknown in this case.

bbm

This is absolutely not true, IMO. DB knows a lot. The case is going nowhere because the parents won't work with police. And Lisa will languish because of it.

bbm

This is absolutely not true, IMO. DB knows a lot. The case is going nowhere because the parents won't work with police. And Lisa will languish because of it.

Agreed! LE has said one of the questions they need to ask DB is who was coming and going that night. She *can* answer this and is refusing to. MOO

bbm

LE has said that the parents are cooperating. This is absolutely true.

The parents worked with police, spoke with them for hours. Debbie took a poly.

The parents don't know what they don't know. I don't understand the need to vilify the parents.

Agreed! LE has said one of the questions they need to ask DB is who was coming and going that night. She *can* answer this and is refusing to. MOO

We know that the neighbor was there.
We know that the new guy down the street stopped by to visit.
We know that jersey was in the neighborhood.
We know that jersey is in jail. hhhmmm

LE has said that the parents are cooperating. This is absolutely true.

The parents worked with police, spoke with them for hours. Debbie took a poly.

The parents don't know what they don't know. I don't understand the need to vilify the parents.

It is as plain as day what's going on here. We can all believe whatever we choose, but here's what I believe: no one in that family is searching for Lisa. She has been forgotten. That's the bottom line.

I wish I could march out to Kansas City, Missouri and put a fire under everyone.

LE has said that the parents are cooperating. This is absolutely true. The parents worked with police, spoke with them for hours. Debbie took a poly.

bbm

Call KCPD and ask them now. I have.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member