Poll: Did Darlie Routier murder her children?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Did Darlie do it?

• Yes ~ she is on Death Row where she belongs

Votes: 234 57.2%
  • No ~ there was an intruder

Votes: 59 14.4%
  • Don't know

Votes: 116 28.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
deandaniellws said:
I know that I would have had to excuse myself if I had been picked for that trial. I just could not stomach the photos.:( It took all I could stomach to view the photos of the blood outline of the blade that my friend beesy said weren't too gory.:doh: I just glanced at the one of Devon's back to look see if I could see that tiny break in his skin. He was already cleaned up...and it still made me sick to my stomach. It makes me very sad to think of the pain those precious babies had in their last moments of life.
I agree with you there. It must have been horrendous and terrifying.

As for the photos, one does have to work their way up to them. Definitely not easy to digest.

deandaniellws said:
I know that I would have had to excuse myself if I had been picked for that trial. I just could not stomach the photos.:( It took all I could stomach to view the photos of the blood outline of the blade that my friend beesy said weren't too gory.:doh: I just glanced at the one of Devon's back to look see if I could see that tiny break in his skin. He was already cleaned up...and it still made me sick to my stomach. It makes me very sad to think of the pain those precious babies had in their last moments of life.
When I stumbled onto the autopsy photos, it took me at least two weeks before I could come back to the site.

Over the last two days I've been doing nothing but reading
about the Daril case. I can't say I feel 100% Darli is innocent or
guilty.
I do however feel that a guilty man is still free.
Darin, is not innocent by no stretch of the imagination.
This is what I feel possibly could have happened.
Darli and Darin, sometime through out that evening fought
about seperating, finances possibly both. I believe the fight
became physical, ending in the bruises seen after the murders
on Darli. We all know that Darin was researching having someone break into the home for the insurance fraud. I just wonder how much life insurance Darin had on Darli and the two children. Or possibly just Darli. In Darli statements she stated that she asked Darin to lock the doors before he went to bed.
She states he told her I already locked them, but the doors were
not locked. If Darin had arranged for someone to come into
the home and kill Darli, he would have purposely left the doors
unlocked. Is it possible that the person enters through the door
with the intent to kill Darli, (per Darin's request) as he is attacking and or about to attack Darli one or both of the boys wake. In a
panic he stabs both of the children and turns on Darli. She wakes
as he is exiting the house. Is it possible that Darin could have already
staged the crime scene slitting the screen earlier or even possibly after
Darli had fallen asleep. Making Darli's story of the mystery man true?

Ok I know I know Darli did it right? Something is missing though.
I just think that Darin is a bigger player in this, and he keeps saying
Darli is innocent, is that because he knows who actually did it? But if
he says then he will be in more trouble??

I don't think Darli is smart enough to think this up on her own.

Patty

Patty, hi and welcome!

Not possible. Although we DO know for certain that they had a terrible argument that night, if the bruises were caused the night of the murders, they would have started to show up while she was still in the hospital, not days and days after she was released.

There's no possible way that Darlie could have slept through any sort of attack on her. If the boys had woken up during the attack on them there would be evidence of that and there is not. There isn't anything (save one wine glass) broken in the room and no evidence of a struggle between anyone, much less two boys, one mother and one ore more intruders. Moreover, had Darlie fought to save their lives, she would have more serious wounds than she did and those wounds would have been of the "deep penetrating" variety that the boys had and not the "slasing/scratching" type wound she had.

I think Darin is guilty, but I don't think he participated in the murders. I think he's guilty of other things, but the extent of that guilt is hard to pinpoint.

The sticking point that happens with the Darin hired someone is that there is no physical evidence of an intruder in that house, or leaving that house. Darlie's camp claims that the 'unidentified' fingerprint left on the door in blood was left by the intruder. Why does the blood just stop there? That intruder either had to open that fence door to leave or scale over it, and left not a speck of blood. He was sure bloody enough to leave that fingerprint, but the blood stops inside that house.

Thanks Desilu good point the blood does stop there....
I just can't get over the fact that Darin can not be as
innocent as he claims to be....I do feel he has a bigger
part in this I'm not saying he actually committed the
murders but he was aware that they were happening or
was made aware after they happened. He also knows
more then he is telling that is fact!

Also during my reading I was reading how Darli had claimed
to be raped or an attempted rape when she was not getting
the attention she wanted sometime ago when her an Darin
were dating. Was this ever proven true or false?
Does anyone know?

~~~Patty~~~

I've come to believe he probably found out after the fact and helped her with the cover story.

I don't think there is any way to prove the rape story, and I'm sure Darlie & Darin have denied it somewhere, someone at the party is the one who originally conveyed that story.

Patty said:
Thanks Desilu good point the blood does stop there....
I just can't get over the fact that Darin can not be as
innocent as he claims to be....I do feel he has a bigger
part in this I'm not saying he actually committed the
murders but he was aware that they were happening or
was made aware after they happened. He also knows
more then he is telling that is fact!

Hi, Patty, and welcome as Jeana said.

Darin probably is more involved in this crime than he says, but none of the physical evidence disputes his story or connects him to the crime scene during the crime. So unless Darlie tells us what really happened, he is going to get off scott free. He will probably always live with a cloud of suspicion over his head.

Patty said:
Also during my reading I was reading how Darli had claimed
Patty said:
to be raped or an attempted rape when she was not getting
the attention she wanted sometime ago when her an Darin
were dating. Was this ever proven true or false?
Does anyone know?

~~~Patty~~~
There is no way to prove it. Only those at the party can tell us what they believe happened, what they saw and heard. I am not sure it tells us much though since it appears to be an isolated incident. If a pattern of other similar behavior could be tracked in her adulthood, I would definitely consider it important as it would or could provide information about her emotional psyche.

Hi! I just have to say I saw this case on the Women Channel on Women on Death Row and from the show I was positive she was innocent. Then I googled her name and found this website and soon I was staying up until 4am reading Goody and beesy discuss every tiny piece of evidence. I am planning on going to law school in the fall and you guys are all my heroes. As a mother of a 4 year old I didn't want to believe she did it, but I wanted to know the truth.
What really got me was their changing stories, the blood evidence that proves she stood over Damon watching him die holding a bloody knife, all the fragile breakables undisturbed (how could 3 boys live there?), and how she never once tried to hold or comfort the boys. Plus Darin with 7 years of first-aid training spending all his time on (dead) Devon and none on (living) Damon except to check his pulse. I think she did it and Darin is deeply committed to her and probably helped cover up and maybe stabbed Damon in the second attack. I'd think the 911 operator would have heard if Darlie did. Also the first thing out of her mouth the first time she saw the murder scene to Mercedes about the huge expense of getting new carpets and drapes. Hello, reality!
I did not want to believe she did it but thank you for helping me find an answer and understand a little. She was basically on speed, money was her primary focus in life and it was drying up, her husband was spending unexplained time with her sister, she raised those boys wrong and spent no time with them . . .
I was obscessed with this case for about a week and I'm over it now, that I know she did it. I have come to terms with it. At first I thought the prosecuter just hated her because she was beautiful, but no. It is very very sad. I think she felt trapped and that she deserved a better life.

Hi Cubsfan and welcome to Websleuths. Thank you for your post. I understand completely when you say you're "over" this case and Darlie. I would like to invite you to take a stroll around the other areas of Websleuths though! There are many many things to do and many many "unsovled" cases that could use a "once over" by such an obviously intelligent poster!!! :D

Holler if any of us can be of assistance and GOOD LUCK in law school!!!! :woohoo:

cubsfan said:
. . . I was staying up until 4am reading Goody and beesy discuss every tiny piece of evidence.

Yo, Goody! Didn't I tell you that you should have been a lawyer! See, you could be putting these people away! :D

cubsfan said:
Hi! I just have to say I saw this case on the Women Channel on Women on Death Row and from the show I was positive she was innocent. Then I googled her name and found this website and soon I was staying up until 4am reading Goody and beesy discuss every tiny piece of evidence. I am planning on going to law school in the fall and you guys are all my heroes. As a mother of a 4 year old I didn't want to believe she did it, but I wanted to know the truth.
What really got me was their changing stories, the blood evidence that proves she stood over Damon watching him die holding a bloody knife, all the fragile breakables undisturbed (how could 3 boys live there?), and how she never once tried to hold or comfort the boys. Plus Darin with 7 years of first-aid training spending all his time on (dead) Devon and none on (living) Damon except to check his pulse. I think she did it and Darin is deeply committed to her and probably helped cover up and maybe stabbed Damon in the second attack. I'd think the 911 operator would have heard if Darlie did. Also the first thing out of her mouth the first time she saw the murder scene to Mercedes about the huge expense of getting new carpets and drapes. Hello, reality!
I did not want to believe she did it but thank you for helping me find an answer and understand a little. She was basically on speed, money was her primary focus in life and it was drying up, her husband was spending unexplained time with her sister, she raised those boys wrong and spent no time with them . . .
I was obscessed with this case for about a week and I'm over it now, that I know she did it. I have come to terms with it. At first I thought the prosecuter just hated her because she was beautiful, but no. It is very very sad. I think she felt trapped and that she deserved a better life.
Gosh, I wish I could do that. I just want to know more. Can't stand to leave a mystery unsolved. I must have OCD. But glad our words have helped explain a few things. We make mistakes sometimes so don't take what we say as carved in stone, but for the most part I think we have a good grasp of the facts and issues.

Desilu said:
I've come to believe he probably found out after the fact and helped her with the cover story.

I don't think there is any way to prove the rape story, and I'm sure Darlie & Darin have denied it somewhere, someone at the party is the one who originally conveyed that story.
I think he helped with much more than that.

Jeana (DP) said:
Yo, Goody! Didn't I tell you that you should have been a lawyer! See, you could be putting these people away! :D
Now that would be a sight for sore eyes. hahahahah. I wonder how Goody's life might have turned out had she rode into town square on her white horse with law license in hand ready to lock those bad boys up. I am all for exposing the wrongdoers in our world. Not sure I want to put them away though. Some of them, no doubt. But the warm and fuzzy ones? Don't know. <sigh> But I guess it would be better than becoming a nun and rapping their young fingers with a pointer stick. :doh:

deandaniellws said:
I think he helped with much more than that.
So do I. I think the chances that he is completely innocent of murder is about as likely as him doing it all without Darlie knowing it....zilch. Both of them were involved and both of them are guilty. I would still like to know who did what though.

Just from cutting stuff up at home I have a question to pose.
A bread knife would saw thru whatever it cut. A cheese knife would tear something like a screen A straight edge would cut straight. This is suppostion here just using personal experience as the litmus.
Did anyone look at the screen under a microscope and count the spaces between the little screen holes and the cuts? Are the edges frayed real bad like they were sawed thru, which direction do they show the cut running. Wouldn't the screen be kinda all warped out on the edges from being sawed back and forth. My bread knife isn't that sharp on its end and I only had a small bit of screen leftover from repairing my own. I couldn't saw thru it easily cause I couldn't get the blunted tip end thru the screen without really warping its shape. It also required me to hold the knife in an awkward position. If it had been me( please forgive me trying to walk it thru like I'm the perp) I'd have given up on the bread knife and gotton something else like a box cutter or a paring knife with a sharp pointy tip. Could a hole have been poked in it first then torn straight down like you do material when you tear it on the bias.
I have a lot of questions and I don't like the answers coming from either side sometimes cause they don't fit the science I learned and use everyday. Can we take field trips in this forum? I'd love to get into the evidence room and find out for myself.

cubsfan said:
Poor thing up til 4AM reading Goody and me rattling along. Goody taught me most of what I know or pointed me in the direction to find it. We disagree on some points though(wink wink) But thanks, that's very nice of you

I think 2 perps did it.

None of you can understand this as you haven't seen the low life losers I have.
But this scenario works for me,

If Darin had "arranged" for the house to be burglarized and had a couple of people lined up to pull it off. Or even if they (the perps) had heard rumors about a car job he may or may not have been involved in from other people and had approached him about it. Yes believe or not thieves are bold enough and stupid enough to solicit business as well. They did have travel plans weeks in advance. To see Darlie's dad in Pennsylvania I think. This info could have made them a target without solicitation on either end.

He does try and cancel the deal but these guys are pissed. They weren't gonna do this job for free and they need the money. You see people who do this kind of stuff aren't really normal they don't keep regular jobs, they live on the fringes of society even sometimes. Almost all of them are alcholics, drug addicts and LOSERS.
Lolly ,Lolly Ice HEADS.

They actually know too much about Darin and Darlie. If Darin was stupid enough to hire them he wouldn't have been smart enough to protect his family from them.
If they are independants and they cased him they might have scammed their way in sometime past.
If hired Darin might have let them in and they had seen his house.
They think Darlie is SEXY, but a dumb , stupid deluxe. They decide to teach Darin a lesson 'bout doing biznes. He is a rich **** they know it they have seen his crib.
They scout it out late so the family will be asleep they intend to rob him for real anyway. Screw him and his insurance scam. Who does he think he is anyway.They are high. They are not extremely intelligent people.

They brought one knife with them.

They think the family would be upstairs asleep and they could scout it out quietly maybe score a little bling bling downstairs. It just might scare Darin enough to know they aren't punks to be ****ed with. They need this JOB.

Upon entering the den they trip over the sleeping boy Devon. The surprise for these crack heads was too much. The one perp starts the crime. He has to stab the boy and he does so with force and quiet delibertion. This killer has a clear knowledge of anatomy as evidenced by his placements of wounds. He is most likely a prior offender. IMO

When the one perp who didn't trip over a kid sees Darlie, on the couch asleep he may or may not have seen Damon also still asleep on the floor.He freaks too. He goes to the kitchen and gets a knife. He has to kill Darlie cause his partner just stabbed her kid to death. He goes back to the den. The one boy and Darlie are still asleep. One guy is standing behind Darlie and one of them wants to have a little fun. One of them grabs Darlie by the mouth from behind. This is not the best position to hold someone down on a couch folks. We are dealing with losers here not JAMES BOND.
Darlie does stuggle and manages to kick a glass top table over. This awakes Damon who is dispatched by the killler who had taken the knife from the kitchen. The perps don't want to fight her that hard for some *advertiser censored* so they proceed to the task at hand She is pinned and the killer doesn't feel confident enough to stab her in the heart right between his own legs. He is going to cut her throat to finish her off. He has a plan.
When he grabs her wrists to still contain her so he can reach her throat and get off her he releases some pressure on her arms, she fights anew. He stabs her arm as the only direction they could come is up and he has released his hold on her arms now. That works she quits fighting and he thinks he is home free. He is not a trained killer he doesn't know- it is not that easy to cut the throat of a person laying down. If his patner was holding her mouth shut he may have actually kept her head bent too far forward for a fatal cut to be made.
He cuts her deep he thinks in one quick slash to her neck. He steps back to makes sure he looks for blood and she is bleeding. His partner has deserted him after having to kill a kid, and all this ***** it is time to book. He has taken off.
He starts to leave and Darlie is roused, either by Damon or by the attack being over. She glimpes a figure at the end of the couch. It moves towards the garage. She hears a glass breaking. Even though she has been thru an attack and she really isn't sure of things. The intinct to stay alive and the post trauma makes her doubt she really saw someone. Am I dreaming, was this a nightmare? She gets up and her rollercoaster ride into hell begins when she realizes what happened to her children.
If hired, or targeted, with or without Darins cooperation, I really don't find it too hard to believe. I see two people commiting this crime.

G.I.RattlesnakeJane said:
I think 2 perps did it.

None of you can understand this as you haven't seen the low life losers I have.
But this scenario works for me,

If Darin had "arranged" for the house to be burglarized and had a couple of people lined up to pull it off. Or even if they (the perps) had heard rumors about a car job he may or may not have been involved in from other people and had approached him about it. Yes believe or not thieves are bold enough and stupid enough to solicit business as well. They did have travel plans weeks in advance. To see Darlie's dad in Pennsylvania I think. This info could have made them a target without solicitation on either end.
Just three days before he is asking his stepfather-in-law if he knows anyone to do it? He had no one lined up then, why on earth should we believe that he finds two bozos in the next two days ? Even if he managed that feat, are we still supposed to believe that these guys wouldn't run when things went wrong? They know Darin knows who they are but they stop to kill his two small kids and don't even bother to take anything? Sorry but even retarded perps could do better than that. But even putting that aside, there is NO proof to support such a theory.

He does try and cancel the deal but these guys are pissed. They weren't gonna do this job for free and they need the money. You see people who do this kind of stuff aren't really normal they don't keep regular jobs, they live on the fringes of society even sometimes. Almost all of them are alcholics, drug addicts and LOSERS.
Lolly ,Lolly Ice HEADS.

They actually know too much about Darin and Darlie. If Darin was stupid enough to hire them he wouldn't have been smart enough to protect his family from them.
If they are independants and they cased him they might have scammed their way in sometime past.
If hired Darin might have let them in and they had seen his house.
They think Darlie is SEXY, but a dumb , stupid deluxe. They decide to teach Darin a lesson 'bout doing biznes. He is a rich **** they know it they have seen his crib.
They scout it out late so the family will be asleep they intend to rob him for real anyway. Screw him and his insurance scam. Who does he think he is anyway.They are high. They are not extremely intelligent people.

They brought one knife with them.

They think the family would be upstairs asleep and they could scout it out quietly maybe score a little bling bling downstairs. It just might scare Darin enough to know they aren't punks to be ****ed with. They need this JOB.

Upon entering the den they trip over the sleeping boy Devon. The surprise for these crack heads was too much. The one perp starts the crime. He has to stab the boy and he does so with force and quiet delibertion. This killer has a clear knowledge of anatomy as evidenced by his placements of wounds. He is most likely a prior offender. IMO

When the one perp who didn't trip over a kid sees Darlie, on the couch asleep he may or may not have seen Damon also still asleep on the floor.He freaks too. He goes to the kitchen and gets a knife. He has to kill Darlie cause his partner just stabbed her kid to death. He goes back to the den. The one boy and Darlie are still asleep. One guy is standing behind Darlie and one of them wants to have a little fun. One of them grabs Darlie by the mouth from behind. This is not the best position to hold someone down on a couch folks. We are dealing with losers here not JAMES BOND.
Darlie does stuggle and manages to kick a glass top table over. This awakes Damon who is dispatched by the killler who had taken the knife from the kitchen. The perps don't want to fight her that hard for some *advertiser censored* so they proceed to the task at hand She is pinned and the killer doesn't feel confident enough to stab her in the heart right between his own legs. He is going to cut her throat to finish her off. He has a plan.
When he grabs her wrists to still contain her so he can reach her throat and get off her he releases some pressure on her arms, she fights anew. He stabs her arm as the only direction they could come is up and he has released his hold on her arms now. That works she quits fighting and he thinks he is home free. He is not a trained killer he doesn't know- it is not that easy to cut the throat of a person laying down. If his patner was holding her mouth shut he may have actually kept her head bent too far forward for a fatal cut to be made.
He cuts her deep he thinks in one quick slash to her neck. He steps back to makes sure he looks for blood and she is bleeding. His partner has deserted him after having to kill a kid, and all this ***** it is time to book. He has taken off.
He starts to leave and Darlie is roused, either by Damon or by the attack being over. She glimpes a figure at the end of the couch. It moves towards the garage. She hears a glass breaking. Even though she has been thru an attack and she really isn't sure of things. The intinct to stay alive and the post trauma makes her doubt she really saw someone. Am I dreaming, was this a nightmare? She gets up and her rollercoaster ride into hell begins when she realizes what happened to her children.
If hired, or targeted, with or without Darins cooperation, I really don't find it too hard to believe. I see two people commiting this crime.
Pure speculation and utter BS if you ask me. All you have done is create a fictional story around some basic facts and ignore most of the crime scene evidence. I guess this guy dripping with blood makes the mess in the utility room and leaves blood all over the door but somehow becomes bloodless once he steps into the garage and leaves not a single trace of his existence past that point? And in all that activity in the house he leaves nothing of himself either, not even a strand of hair? :rolleyes:

I think 2 perps did it. Upon entering the den they trip over the sleeping boy Devon.

That's very interesting. Two perps cut a screen, which they could have simply pulled out, get through it with about one foot clearance (I'm assuming you've seen the crime scene photos of the animal cages almost blocking the window) and don't trip on anything in the cluttered garage, in total darkness.

Then they make their way across the kitchen, to the far side of the family room - illuminated by a big-screen TV - and trip over Devon.

The perps obviously had their wits about them when they maneuvered through the garage and kitchen, because nothing was disturbed. Do you think they stopped by the sink to take a few Percodan before venturing into the family room?

Yeah, that's probably it. They waited in the kitchen until the pain-killer kicked in (only 15 or 20 minutes) and then took a header over Devon. Silly boys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties