Poll: How did JA do in closing arguments?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How well did JA do?

Votes: 5 1.0%

Votes: 5 1.0%

Votes: 4 0.8%

Votes: 6 1.1%

Votes: 4 0.8%

Votes: 8 1.5%

Votes: 11 2.1%

Votes: 36 6.8%

Votes: 32 6.1%

Votes: 66 12.5%
  • Home Run, knocked it out of the park

Votes: 349 66.3%

• Total voters
I thought his closing very good. However, I would have expected him to object, "facts not in evidence," when JB said that the police/LE deliberately destroyed evidence. i.e., the drying of the garbage was not a deliberate attempt to destroy evidence IMO. My concern is, by JA not objecting, some on the jury may believe the accusation.

I also think he was wrong when he said CA would not have permitted ICA to abrogate her role as mother. I think CA would have been happy to assume the full role of "mother," IMO it was that Caylee was a pawn in their power struggle, and ICA wasn't about to loose the "game" and let CA have Caylee. I think this was a big factor in her decision to kill Caylee.

Actually, I think he was right in the sense that CA would have been "on" ICA and would have nagged her that she is the mom, she should not be partying ect. Of course if CA had any idea that the choice was Caylee's death versus her getting custody...of course she would have said ok. But to CA, it was "you are ther mom and you need to step up." JMO

I was disappointed that he did not mention the worder murder enough. Also, I may have missed it, but did he mention thr computer searches for all the methods of killing?

Wonderful job Mr. Ashton! I loved how he went through the timeline and stated very clearly the reason for Casey wanting to get rid of Caylee because this is one thing I thought should have been spelled out during the trial and wasn't but now it has. All the pieces came together during his closing argument.

I've only watched part I and I am hoping for much better in part two. I'm so disappointed by how much evidence was completely ignored and discarded!

moo

I actually think this was the first time during the trial I had teared up. He did a great job, very well organized and loved his choice of words.

I think he did an amazing job. He brought it together nicely for the jury.

The Timer55 reference was told to Lee Anthony by the inmate. It seems that after Zanny and her sister, Samantha, forcible took Cayee at Jay Blanchard Park, the 2nd story, then Zanny took over Casey's MySpace page. She then changed Casey's password to Timer55.

I also think he was wrong when he said CA would not have permitted ICA to abrogate her role as mother. I think CA would have been happy to assume the full role of "mother," IMO it was that Caylee was a pawn in their power struggle, and ICA wasn't about to loose the "game" and let CA have Caylee. I think this was a big factor in her decision to kill Caylee.
The reason he didn't take that approach was because then he would have had to bring up the choking fight between Cindy & Casey which didn't come in, and Cindy's threatening Casey with gaining custody of Caylee. I thought he handled it well considering those limitations...:twocents:

:great::great::great:

Mr. Ashton was BILLIANT ... ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT !

I think JA tied up all the details very well !

It was a QUALITY Closing Argument ... I am glad he did not go on for hours (as some have suggested it was too short).

JA made his point very clear and very succintly !

FANTASTIC JOB by MR. ASHTON !!!

:great::great::great:

thought Jeff did wonderful and I know tomorrow will knock it to outer space. This Pros team are incredible. Go Team Caylee.

Man.. I am tired. I picked 2, cause I thought it was JB..lol. Jeff A was a 10.

The SA team works extremely well together! I think LDB 's presentation tomorrow will be another success !
JA was simply a delight to listen to & to follow. I hope there are no more fire works with JB . The SA has this whole trial really well researched & presented.

I thought he did great at showing a timeline of Casey's work lies and how she could so easily change to another lie. Showing how she even changed job duties to be able to have some night hours was good and the relationship with Ricoardo becoming "spending the night with Zanny". He showed how all the lies were so Casey could do what she wanted and not work, then changed from hauling Caylee with her to not even wanting to do that anymore. The very best was his pointing out that Cindy had taken Caylee on vacation the week before and Casey had the week to be totally free and went to Fusion twice. Cindy's head sure perked up when he said she'd never have just allowed Casey to walk away, and then building up George as being suspicious and concerned but was told not to be negative. I only wish that the thefts could have been brought into the trial, but at least some parts got in.

I think he did a good job.. I think the jury will find her guilty. Love me some Jeff Ashton!

He was fantastic!!!! There were a few things he said that I got that AHA moment.
When he said George saw Casey & Caylee leaving on the 16th, KC said they were staying the night at Zanny's. KC knew she was staying at Tonys that night without Caylee. That sounds pemeditated to me. Also the timer 55. I had originally thought it meant she had 55 days to gey out of dodge but never conected it to the 31 days that KC knew Caylee was missing. I always wondered why she was so precise with that number & now I know why. She was at day 31 & knew she had to flee by day 55, Caylee's birthday
I really want them to play Caylees last video too. I think she tells her story when she sings "please don't take Nans sunshine away".... which brings me to my next question I hope Jeff can answer. If she called George Jo Jo & Cindy Cee Cee why is she singing about Nan?

He was fantastic!!!! There were a few things he said that I got that AHA moment.
When he said George saw Casey & Caylee leaving on the 16th, KC said they were staying the night at Zanny's. KC knew she was staying at Tonys that night without Caylee. That sounds pemeditated to me. Also the timer 55. I had originally thought it meant she had 55 days to gey out of dodge but never conected it to the 31 days that KC knew Caylee was missing. I always wondered why she was so precise with that number & now I know why. She was at day 31 & knew she had to flee by day 55, Caylee's birthday
I really want them to play Caylees last video too. I think she tells her story when she sings "please don't take Nans sunshine away".... which brings me to my next question I hope Jeff can answer. If she called George Jo Jo & Cindy Cee Cee why is she singing about Nan?

I never heard it as nan, just thought it was 2 year old pronunciation. Hmm, ya got me thinkin on that one. They should show that video, would be a brilliant closing piece.

I'd like to see Linda emphasize how many times DT said ICA was a liar today and turn it back on them. "DT told you in closing ICA is a liar X amount of times. They are telling you not to believe her. If DT tells you not to trust their own client why should you?"

I don't know why but it didn't show me anything Deb. What is it a pic of ?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back